• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Falcon Thread Ever Made...... Ever, Ever.

Shravan

Smash Rookie
I use the A button as much as possible. The aerials tend to come out much faster in a pinch if you can use the A button accurately.

Also, for throw-knees on samus, I have only ever been able to do one at really high percentages. Above 120%, D-throw to knee works 95% for me.

The Mad Hatter

Smash Ace
Ok, Ive noticed some really good falcons doing combos on lighter chars. (ex. peach) It seems to go Uair>Nair>Knee. What % is this best? The peach I play seems to know its coming and DIs either up or away.

P.S. Why the hell does my moonwalk only go half the distance of everyone else's? NM, I have ******** fingers.

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Ok, Ive noticed some really good falcons doing combos on lighter chars. (ex. peach) It seems to go Uair>Nair>Knee. What % is this best? The peach I play seems to know its coming and DIs either up or away.

P.S. Why the hell does my moonwalk only go half the distance of everyone else's? NM, I have ******** fingers.
Yeah my moonwalk does that, too. =/

I don't know the %s myself, but Tapion's 'Isai...Are You Watching?' vid is practically made up of those combos. Best combo vid, ever.
Uair>Uair>Knee...Nair>Nair>knee...Uair>Nair>knee...etc.
There's also a knee>Nair>knee to a Marth on Yoshi's Story. o_O

^_^ Thanks a ton for that long post, Duke. Answered all my questions. +rep, if the system gets back on.

ilijazi94

Smash Cadet
Yeah well, if you really want this combo to really work well then use it at high percentages. But, if you're opponent's Isai or something the forget about it.

P.S. Duke: Thanks, I guess...

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
hmm well he can do the all mighty

B followed by a wavedash Taunt? lol I do it on every match I can ^.^

thanks for the respect? lol

EDIT: WOOT half a thousand posts

Vall3y

Smash Lord
speaking of yoshi, did you know that he attacks with his eyes on his get up attack from the edge at above 100%? it is quite hillarious

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i know jack-diddly about falcon vs yoshi matchup. ive never played a really good yoshi, so i just do whatever i see.

EDIT: except for aho his ****s tight

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Against yoshi get him into the **** shield. Then grab him and knee. Try to stay behind him.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
i dont have much exp vs yoshi, but a cool thing i learned (other than that he attacks with his eye) is NOT to rush when he has his shield on, but simply wait till he pops it out\rolls\sidesteps... he has no other choises

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
What you really want to do is Knee yoshi at the point in his double jump that allows knockback. Then he's flying away with no means of recovery. You can do this at fairly low % (a KO under 100% vs. Yoshi...I'll take that) and still get away with the kill.

Dthrow to knee works wonders. Uair will outrange all or most of his aerials. Watch out for the eggs, they're a perfect weapon against your aerial approaches (they can even punish empty shorthops to a degree, yikes!).

The usual grab techchase/punish game will get you into the 30's where you can then combo him with any variety of attacks.

A good yoshi though? never played one.

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Greg, suppose I want to get laid on the first date. Would a G-Reg combo work in this instance?
Down throw to an uptilt. Works like a charm. Below 10% is ****, so build her up a lil bit.

Don't use the knee on the first date. It's too thick.

cavesonic13

Smash Lord
um....about hiting yoshi with the knee for a knock back to instant death, yeah it may seem like it will obviously send a yoshi flying out, but actually yoshi can't take the knee and only move back far enough for him to still be able to recover aven after 100% (I've done it plenty of times) and then all you have to do is either grab the edge or air dodge onto the stage, I usually throw and egg, or use side B towards the stage, side B is used for more mindgames than hurting....since...its like another way to recover out of the air...I mean its a fast fall rolling egg with a landing hatch or landing and roll to the other side of the stage...>.< hahaha....only way to get yoshi would be after the frames were yoshi stops looking up you can see the animation and right after yoshi will fly , so there is your Yoshi hint....except...if a yoshi gets off the edge...its because... he is alrdy at a high percent...its hard to get my Yoshi of the stage so good luck with that...

so i am at school....and aparently the kids are fighting with the teacher....freshmen...

Scar

#HarveyDent
Down throw to an uptilt. Works like a charm. Below 10% is ****, so build her up a lil bit.

Don't use the knee on the first date. It's too thick.
True, everyone forgets about the utilt. Also don't underestimate the upsmash -- shows off the ol' package like you wouldn't believe.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
g-reg you are my hero.... well maybe, i dunno, our names start with g i guess so thats cool, to bad i dont play this char at all because of his poopy recovery

g-reg is just too cool

Shai Hulud

Smash Lord
G-reg, or anyone else who can answer this:

Is this combo possible vs. Marth?

Dthrow => SHFFL UAIR => Dthrow => SHFFL UAIR => Repeat until ~65% => Uthrow => Knee

I can do it consistently against the computer but don't have any humans to test it against right now. I suspect with proper DI it becomes unfeasible at some point...

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
Would the Marth be able to get a fair out between the uair and re-grab?
I'm not completely sure, but it seems that way. *shrugs*

Top Bottom