• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Falcon Thread Ever Made...... Ever, Ever.

Proverbs

Smash Lord
^^^

That's really old and someone posted it earlier this week
Yeah, I posted it earlier this week, actually XD

the amount of CPU DI has to do with their level, iirc. M2K probably has the stats.
Not sure what the CPU level is in training mode. You can't change it like you can in Brawl. I might just get someone to play the other character.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
dont worry about the details. all you need are the rough percentages and some quick thinking and consistency.

i play melee like once every 2 weeks, and i never play for longer than an hour at a time.

people sell brawl out too early, without giving it a chance. yes its not as technical as melee, that doesnt mean you dont need tech and smarts to win.

i think its hypocritical to call it a bad and stupid game when they cant even beat good people at it. i dare a brawl hater to try to get good, and beat azen 1 out of 20 matches. they are ignorant to what it takes to be good at this game.

pwnaj

Smash Rookie
dont worry about the details. all you need are the rough percentages and some quick thinking and consistency.

i play melee like once every 2 weeks, and i never play for longer than an hour at a time.

people sell brawl out too early, without giving it a chance. yes its not as technical as melee, that doesnt mean you dont need tech and smarts to win.

i think its hypocritical to call it a bad and stupid game when they cant even beat good people at it. i dare a brawl hater to try to get good, and beat azen 1 out of 20 matches. they are ignorant to what it takes to be good at this game.
I still play Brawl, I just seem to enjoy Melee more because it gets me more involved. But it's good to know that some serious pros play Brawl and consider it a decent game. It's just hard for me to play Brawl and use Falcon T_T;; Eugh, no momentum in your jump after a run. That really doesn't help him already being bottom tier. ;~;

Edit: Wow, I totally didn't notice. This is Proverbs and my friend logged in so I just posted on his account. Just so you're wondering why I'm randomly posting here.

Sans Glutin

Smash Ace
I've started to pick up Falcon, probably as my main but I have a question to some of the better Falcon players: Do you generally fastfall your Nairs or do you just L-cancel them? Whenever I try to SHFFL them they second hit doesn't come out so I have to let it fall regularly and then L-cancel it.

Reaver197

Smash Lord
What you ought to do for SHFFL nairs is fast fall it right after both hits come out. If you fast fall as soon as you can, you will fall too fast for both hits to come out (unless that's what you want to happen) but if you don't fast fall it at all, you won't be able to follow up properly on your nairs.

Kike_Ichigo

Smash Cadet
Im sorry to be just like "Ok im here" but.. I was reading this Tread a lot of time and I need a little (too much xD) Help with mi Capt. Falcon, so I´ll let my video here... and if you could give me some advices it would be Great because I want too be one of the best Capitan Falcon of my country xD.... Thx

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5ZVmz0n_n8

If you want too tell me something my msn is Kakashi_XD_23@hotmail.com , Im from Venezuela, Aragua - Maracay so I dont speak too much English but I could keep a little conversation xD.... Thx a lot for all the Helpers and... Im sorry again for coming to this tread like this.... ^^

Oh.. and my name is Enrique ths a lot again XD

Reaver197

Smash Lord
It's never too late to start playing and experiencing what sex is like in videogame form.

Scar

#HarveyDent
I missed my only chance to form the most amazing alliance possible with 1/2 Scar... Scar + G-Reg. Ride johns, Sensei left for Chu's THURSDAY AFTERNOON for a Saturday tournament. God dammit.

/MISERY

Neverender

Smash Journeyman
I missed my only chance to form the most amazing alliance possible with 1/2 Scar... Scar + G-Reg. Ride johns, Sensei left for Chu's THURSDAY AFTERNOON for a Saturday tournament. God dammit.

/MISERY
Dang... that would have been too good for anyone on this planet to handle.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Chu is apparently holding another biweekly this weekend? After the last one which was supposed to be the last one which is like 6 after the first last one.

G-Reg are you thinking about going?

peeeetah

Smash Cadet
i'm no g-reg but i've pulled off the Uair->knee around 70-80%. it works on ganon too, although i can't remember the percentage. i'll see if i can pull it off again next time i play my friend.

edit. it also depends on what part of the Uair you hit em with. it should be the upper diagonal corner i believe.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
g-reg (or someone else who knows who happens to read this) I have a few questions:

what are good, effective throw->knee ko combos (of the kind mentioned in first post) on pikachu, samus and yoshi? I could test myself but someone knows already id like to know
EDIT: i tested some throw->knee combos on pikachu, uthrow->knee combo'd 80%. can prolly work at lower % if you time your jump and knee as early as possible.
I also found out that dthrow->knee can combo on samus at 100%, and it can combo yoshi aswell at 90% (which is a bit high, a knee can most likely KO him at a lower percent. But I don't think it's possible to knee them fast enough if they DI correctly. :( I'm pretty sure it won't work on samus atleast (if they DI down and away)... that ***** has no hitstun
Moar EDIT: Dthrow knee works on yoshi, but not until 100% :( (if they DI)

how do you combo floaties (like luigi) who keep DIing my nair combos up at low percent? Uairs doesn't start comboing until around 30% from my experience so that won't work, i just get naired or they jump or something.
And how do I combo from the raptor boost at low % on floaties and semi floaties? I cant nair cuz they just ASDI up so the second hit misses: :(

How do you combo people that keep di:ing down and away? (mainly heavyweights and semi-fast fallers like sheik get really hard to combo)
I've been experimenting with this and if youre really fast you can often hit them with low nairs and uairs, but it's close to impossible to do more then 2 arials if they di like this (for me atleast). Any advice? Do you usally uair or nair to counter this type of DI?

EDIT: On the two last questions I got some answers, against floaties who DI up, knees and full jump nairs are great (thanks magus and noobking).
And on the second question, scar helped me out a lot in his thread (cuz i re-asked it there). Regrabbing works wonderfully on people who DI down and away.

But still if someone wants to have some input on how they prefer comboing people with this type of DI feel free to add. Or if you know some info/want to add something about simple finisher combos it'd be awesome

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
to MikeHaggar: If you're trying to combo Luigi you're not playing any game I'm familiar with...Luigi will Nair you out of ANYTHING. Ok it's not quite that bad, but really though, good luck finding reliable combos.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Well thats true... but it's not only luigi. Peach is a problem aswell. She'll DI up and float away or nair my *** if I try to go after her with full jump nairs :(
Any floaty that DI's up at low percent is a problem for me, really...

Scar

#HarveyDent
Luigi is impossible to combo until you become amazingly fast. If your timing is perfect, you will **** combo Luigi as well as any other character, save some knee combos which he will still nair out of. So yeah, for everyone who thinks Falcon simply cannot do it, this is untrue and once you get faster (much, much faster) you will do it too.

Throw>knee combos vs floaties are always dthrow knee, %s vary and DI makes things a bit tough too.

Top Bottom