• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Falcon Thread Ever Made...... Ever, Ever.

Scar

#HarveyDent
So you mean just spam uairs really fast? (against luigi if he DI's up)
Thanks for the advice btw :)
Well the moves are completely case-by-case, you shouldn't even try to memorize what works and what doesn't. What works on a certain DI will certainly not always work on a different one. Train yourself to choose the right moves in different situations before trying to memorize %s, IMO.

However, dthrow>nair>uair>nair>knee and similar combos will work on Luigi and all others vs. low % proper away DI if you're fast enough.

D

Deleted member

you can do the scar combo of SH knee to killing yourself. it's pretty effective.

Scar

#HarveyDent
The only thing I explicitly remember is that dthrow>nair works perfectly on Doc at 0%. Dthrow knee works A LOT, especially if they don't upB to get out of it. Otherwise it's easier to combo into it via other moves, like spamming nair at them.

In my experience Doc and Mario cannot do much about nairspam.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
The only thing I explicitly remember is that dthrow>nair works perfectly on Doc at 0%. Dthrow knee works A LOT, especially if they don't upB to get out of it. Otherwise it's easier to combo into it via other moves, like spamming nair at them.

In my experience Doc and Mario cannot do much about nairspam.
thanks ^____^

so more nair. and d-throw uair/nair and if they're not up+bing i should knee the hell out of them.

any advice on how to win falcon dittos? i know it's mostly tech chasing and grabbing and nair --> grab and outspacing with dd and stuff but like, anything in particular you find extra effective/special?

also, i'm struggling with falcon/marth and falcon/sheik atm. help there would be like ridiculous awesome. cactus says to just dd camp vs marth and wait for grabs and for the marth to be stupid.

Scar

#HarveyDent
Cactus is never stupid and his Marth will **** us all, save Darkrain and old G-Reg... and basically every other excellent Falcon besides me. When I was at mid-level, I found mid-level Marth/Sheiks to be harder than spacies... but once you reach the next level, the high-level Marth matchup becomes easier, while high-level spacie play gets much harder. Sheik remains miserable.

Sheik you really just need to be gay and patient, MORE EXPERIENCE is the only thing that will save you. Know what she can do, and when and how. Basic Sheik style doesn't really change much, and you can learn most of her best options very quickly if you're punished by them over and over. She overpowers you in basically every way possible, but the matchup is winnable if you are very aware of how she is going to beat whatever you want to do. Just to make sure we're on the same page, that is not what you're GOING to do.

Marth has less priority than Sheik and can be grabbed (and therefore *****) to death after almost any missed move, fsmash utilt and missed grabs in particular. The big problem is that his fair comes out faster than anything you can do, and will basically overpower you as Sheik's ftilt does, which makes ground-based Marths much more dangerous.

If they jump around just nair in between fairs and kill him from that (if you can't, work on your combos) and if they are ground based, be much more careful with nairs but that should still be your primary approach besides dd grab. The matchup will boil down to him killing you after a hit and you killing him after a hit. Make sure you hit him more times.

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Well the moves are completely case-by-case, you shouldn't even try to memorize what works and what doesn't. What works on a certain DI will certainly not always work on a different one. Train yourself to choose the right moves in different situations before trying to memorize %s, IMO.

However, dthrow>nair>uair>nair>knee and similar combos will work on Luigi and all others vs. low % proper away DI if you're fast enough.
Off course, I was asking about floaties who keep di'ing up :p
thanks again, ill work on my general speed ^_^

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
"When I was at mid-level, I found mid-level Marth/Sheiks to be harder than spacies... but once you reach the next level, the high-level Marth matchup becomes easier, while high-level spacie play gets much harder. Sheik remains miserable."

that statement couldn't be more true

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
^^Great advice! I've started doing it and it works really well. Nair combos into knee at fairly low percent, and on floaties at low percent knees can combo into nairs, uairs and more knees. So nair->knee on people who DI up=win

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
best - anything big
worst - anything small

Well, most of the time. For example, against Peach or Shiek, Yoshi's Story is a good choice since the knee will sent them to the blast line at a percent that you can combo one in easily, and therefore you won't have to edge-guard them. But for the most part, bigger stage = better, especially if it has some platforms to help your recovery like the Poke.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
best - anything big
worst - anything small

Well, most of the time. For example, against Peach or Shiek, Yoshi's Story is a good choice since the knee will sent them to the blast line at a percent that you can combo one in easily, and therefore you won't have to edge-guard them. But for the most part, bigger stage = better, especially if it has some platforms to help your recovery like the Poke.
I disagree with that peach/sheik statement. I like having more room to manouver around sheik and peach on stages like Dreamland 64 and FD. Plus there's less to stop u from comboing and u can just control the stage better IMO.

BananaHammock

Smash Journeyman
I disagree with that peach/sheik statement. I like having more room to manouver around sheik and peach on stages like Dreamland 64 and FD. Plus there's less to stop u from comboing and u can just control the stage better IMO.
Taking Peach to Dreamland is a bad choice any day of the week. Gotta take her somewhere that she can actually die.

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
One case isn't going to sway my opinion and shouldn't be the basis for yours either.
Another veteran player has just stated that he feels the same way. That's 2 cases booiiiii ;)

Look at it this way fear, when fighting any matchup with falcon, I prefer having alot of open space to manouver around. Falcon's speed combined with a big stage allows him to avoid most of peach's turnips, fake her out to feel out the opponent, and break through her defence. If you don't have the room to do that then you get Dsmashed on/below platforms on stages like Yoshi's and FoD. FoD just sucks for falcon, sooo bad, lol. Yoshi's is good for getting quick kills vs peach, yes. But if you get Dsmashed through one of those platforms even with good DI you can take a beating from that ****.

As far as sheik goes, I'd say it's again, better on bigger stages. You can avoid her needles/drop through platform -> needles easier. Also, sheik ***** w/platforms. >.>

MikeHaggarTHAKJB

Smash Master
Yoshi's is a really good falcon stage, quick kills as mentioned and his platform pressure game is so broken on that stage. Dairs and knees (and bairs :p) through the platforms are to good. Just uthrow (or dthrow if it's a floaty, they'll often DI to the platform to not get cg'd) people onto the platforms, tech chase them with a dair and start a **** combo. Dair through the platform->fulljump Nair (landing on the platform)->double knee off the stage is an example of a combo that often works and can kill people from 0%. It's stupidly overpowered and broken, when you think about it.
On Dreamland only uairs will be able to hit people on the platforms, which won't do anything until around mid percents.

If you're comfortable manuvering on small stages (which really is a matter of preference imo) Yoshi's is really, really good.
The smallness makes it easier for your opponent to set up for edgeguards though, that's a pretty significant weakness
this is all my opinion btw. just to remind stupid people who don't know captain obvious.

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
Who the hell would play Brawl? Especially when Falcon is trash.

All stages have their pros and cons. I was merely pointing out that although bigger stages are usually better, Yoshi's Story can be one exception, unlike say, Fountain of Dreams. Now with Shiek, Yoshi's Story probably isn't the best idea, since you can edge-guard her on the bigger stages. But it's still better than Fountain of Dreams and maybe Battlefield (Battlefield does give you some more room than most small stages).

Reaver197

Smash Lord
Savsies.

There's some good things in here that can help up-and-coming Falcons. It should be stickied so it doesn't get auto-deleted (I'm assuming that's what happens when people don't post in it long enough or it hits the bottom of the page).

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol No you just change your options on the topic, it doesn't show threads that have been inactive for time=x, and you can set that to infinite, so you see every thread ever made.

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol The Scar - G-Reg rivalry really never was, I looked up to him and was definitely never as good as him for the duration of his Melee career. After Brawl I started to get good with CF and if G-Reg continued to play Melee I'm sure I would still be learning stuff from him.

So no, we have never rematched haha.

PolMex23

Smash Champion
Yea he was amazing.

His grace...

No, not grace, just outright coolness. IF G-Reg's Falcon reminded me of someone it would have been Don Won, cuz of such a pimp style he created. MAd sexy pimp style.

Yours is just straight combo nasty. Atleast everytime i watch your vids i just think of heavy metal xD.

But sucks he ain't around. Someone contact him an get him on the boards again.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
so i was thinking about going to some melee tourneys in the near future. maybe even keeping up with the thread?!?!?!?! i live in leesburg VA if anyone wants to come play i could use the practice

Scar

#HarveyDent
lol Holy **** I haven't seen this thread in action in MONTHS. G-Reg check out HERB, it's in north carolina in like a month or something, I think we're all driving down for it.

Top Bottom