• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Greatest Falcon Thread Ever Made...... Ever, Ever.

Buddha

Smash Apprentice
oh word up yea rogers and heishman are tight guys
we all despise our parents for being so unoriginal with our first names...

anyways, don't mean to hijack the thread so someone hurry and contribute something relevant cus my falcon is garbage..:dizzy:

all i do is bair > uair > knee or stomp > nair > shffl uair > knee all day or flying falcon punch edgeguards FTL. womp womp. no c-stick that stuff is balls hard.

McRustyJr

Smash Lord
we all despise our parents for being so unoriginal with our first names...

anyways, don't mean to hijack the thread so someone hurry and contribute something relevant cus my falcon is garbage..:dizzy:

all i do is bair > uair > knee or stomp > nair > shffl uair > knee all day or flying falcon punch edgeguards FTL. womp womp. no c-stick that stuff is balls hard.
people use the c-stick to make things easier... not just to make it another advanced technique... if the c-stick is more difficult for you to use than simply tilting the control stick and pressing them a button then dont use it.

SM3EsH

Smash Ace
O_O /gasp
omg thx g-reg...this thread is gonna make me amazing! :)
now i can do awesome combos!!!
now i can do good in tournies!!!

NOW I CAN BE LIKE...DARKRAIN!!!

<---refer to chuck norris's smile...

Sinz

The only true DR vet.
Premium
Very true.

Sex >>>>>> winning unsexily.

audreyh

Smash Ace
i think fox isn't as bad as falco cuz you can still dash dance all over the place, and dashdancing is the key to winning this matchup. ok, well not directly, but dash dancing will lead to grabs, and grabs are the key to winning this matchup. grab, throw techchase. a lot of foxes will keep teching but spot dodge to try and mess you up since fox's spot dodge is so awesome, so just act like ur goin in for a grab but do a dashdance first and then grab them out of the spot dodge.

mindgaming into grabs is what you need here the most.

I like to continue the grab techchasing until i put them in a position where im pretty certain i can predict their tech, before i throw out an isai stomp

technomancer

Smash Champion
Audrey, if you're playing a real fight vs. a Fox then yeah, easier than Falco. When you play vs. M2K, what happens is this:

nairnairnairnairnairnairbairnairnairshinespike
shineshineshineshine... downsmash edgeguard shinespike
repeat for stocks 3 and 4 with upsmash KO mixed in, hope you have a second char for fight 2, gg.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
>_>

So Azen's Falcon just beat Chu Dat's ICs right after Isai's Falcon fell to Chu Dat's ICs. Comments?

audreyh

Smash Ace
lol, azen looked like he was sticking to one strategy. jumpin around platforms staying off the ground. guess that strategy works better against ic's

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
lol, azen looked like he was sticking to one strategy. jumpin around platforms staying off the ground. guess that strategy works better against ic's
Yeah, maybe if you can play really defensively, since the risk of getting grabbed and zero to death'ed is smaller while up there. And if they jumped right under the platform to u-air you, you could d-air them if you're fast enough.

xDARKLINKx

Smash Ace
Audrey, if you're playing a real fight vs. a Fox then yeah, easier than Falco. When you play vs. M2K, what happens is this:

nairnairnairnairnairnairbairnairnairshinespike
shineshineshineshine... downsmash edgeguard shinespike
repeat for stocks 3 and 4 with upsmash KO mixed in, hope you have a second char for fight 2, gg.
hahhaahaahahhahh yea yea yea against those two M2K and KDJ you can not use falcon..its a guarnteed loss if ur not isai or azen...hope your good wit somebody else

fox is alot harder than falco though cuz falco is just lasers and pillars and pillars usually just rack percent not always used to KO... buuuutt if fox is on firre wit some bull**** waveshine/grabbing/smashing than u cant do **** till your reborn and ur in the 2 second invincibility u better pray for a combo setup durin that time or ur ****in dead hahhhhahhhhh

SirNegroJuice

Smash Journeyman
I think I have to agree somewhat with DarkLink that Fox is harder than Falco. Falco sure is a pain with those **** lasers. But a technical Fox is just way too fast to approach. Since his attacks come out so quickly, it's very difficult to match them on the spot. And if the player is being very good at not getting grabbed then that's another problem. Also, I know Falco can punish Captain Falcon's recovery very well like Fox, but Falcon's third jump is just begging to be shine spiked. At least that's my experience.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
so at a recent tourney i was playing wes, and he was bombjumping just off the screen, and i did a monsterous moonwalk jump off the stage, and double jump baired him to his death.
not a reliable tactic, but i won't say that it doesn't have it's uses....

D.R.

Smash Apprentice
so at a recent tourney i was playing wes, and he was bombjumping just off the screen, and i did a monsterous moonwalk jump off the stage, and double jump baired him to his death.
not a reliable tactic, but i won't say that it doesn't have it's uses....
I can only moonwalk on the ground. I can't do the type of moonwalk where you jump backwards at the end. Alot of times I would moonwalk (ground only) in front of the person and they would either block or spot dodge, and when they do I just take advantage of it. BTW Thanks G-Reg for making this thread, it helped me improve my C.falcon.:bigthumbu :sniper: :smash:

G@BE

Smash Lord
Juts got back from HOST... I got top 10 with my falcon. ^_^ out of a 32 man bracket.

Singles:
Super Smash Bros. Melee
9/2/2006
32-man bracket

1 Caveman Winnings: $996.00
2 Rob$ Winnings: $132.00
3 FASTLIKETREE Winnings: $66.00
4 Smiles Winnings: $0.00
5 Zulu
5 Xelic
7 Leprechaun
7 DoH
9 G@BE

i only showed the first 9 cuz i could not remember the rest.... 0_o

Teams:

SSBM
9/3/2006
32-man bracket

1 CC Winnings: $266.00 (Rob/Caveman)
2 Broken Tier Winnings: $114.00 (Xelic/FASTLIKETREE)
3 Metal up your *** Winnings: $0.00 (Smiles/Zulu)
4 Promiscuous Winnings: $0.00 (DoH/G@BE)
5 Bear&Sethlon
5 Forksies (Leprechaun/Forkgirl)

hova

Smash Champion
dude seriously.................................wtf is ur point??

i really don't care about ur personal scrubby accomplishments

ur placing is not helping to improve my falcon game

Cort

Apple Head
I'm ashamed that this is my first post in this topic.

Through reading it, my Falcon has become much better. This should be stickied.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I'm ashamed that this is Cort's first post in this topic.

Keep up the good work, Greg.

G@BE

Smash Lord
dude seriously.................................wtf is ur point??

i really don't care about ur personal scrubby accomplishments

ur placing is not helping to improve my falcon game

jerk.... scrubby...??

these are some of the best players out there are you kidding me?

Cort

Apple Head
Ouch, that was some serious ownage. I'm glad other people out there see tourny results passed 5th or so really mean nothing at tournies with like, 3 good people in them.

Anyways, I'm extremely honored I could post my 500th post in this legendary topic.

ZoSo

Smash Champion
Fiend. Buddy. Shut the fuck up, man. Seriously.

Whether or not Gabe deserved it, Hova has already said everything that needs to be said.

theFiend123

Smash Cadet
zoso u havent had to put up with his garbage in the past. this is not the first time, and i think something needed to be said. it was getting annoying as ****.

if this was the only braggart thing gabe has ever posted, then i would not have said a word.

Brookman

Smash Hero
no one disagrees with zoso. zoso is almost as amazing as g-reg, but really no where close, which is actually as close as you can get to being as amazing as g-reg. gosh zoso, you are slightly amazing. congrats.

Top Bottom