• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mallo for Super Smash Bros 4 thread! Time to Push on for the Smash 4 Ballot! New game out now!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm happy to hear the thread has interested you in Mallo. ^_^

I don't think he is in any real competition with any other eShop characters though. Unless Sakurai states so himself. I don't see why both Mallo and Dillon can't be playable in the game. Especially since their both made by different developers and all. As for Tempo, like I said, it really depends if GameFreak wants him playable or if they (or Sakurai) want him to become an Assist Trophy (or enything else really) instead like they did with Jill. The same would go for Mallo and Dillon as well of course.

Oh, this thread finally reached the second page.

Popo Nana Power

Smash Apprentice
This would be awesome for a playable character. X3 He'd be first cat character, AND a sumo wrestler/puzzle thinger.

Popo Nana Power

Smash Apprentice
Umm...I dunno really, I just assumed it was because Wikipedia says that. Can't find a source though, so...

Curious Villager

Puzzles...

Well looks like Sakurai has started on the eShop IP's now, as sad as I am to see Dillon disconfirmed, I'm happy to know that he at least got the honour to become a pretty cool looking Assist Trophy.

I am also happy to know that this hopefully guarantees that Mallo will make an appearance too. Maybe not playable, but hopefully we get him as an Assist Trophy too, or maybe a Pushmo/Pullblox stage would be pretty cool as well. :)

If all else fails, then a Trophy would be nice too....

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Now that Dillon is out, does Mallo stand a chance now? My gut tells me no... I hope we get a Pushmo/Crashmo stage in the 3DS version. Maybe the stage could be called Smashmo Park just like how the parks are named Pushmo Park and Crashmo Park in the games?

I hope we get more eShop content in SSB4 besides the Dillon Assist Trophy... I wish to see stuff from Pushmo/Crashmo, Sakura Samurai (Takamaru should be playable, not him), HarmoKnight, Rusty's Real Deal Baseball, and Fluidity.

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Now that Dillon is out, does Mallo stand a chance now? My gut tells me no... I hope we get a Pushmo/Crashmo stage in the 3DS version. Maybe the stage could be called Smashmo Park just like how the parks are named Pushmo Park and Crashmo Park in the games?

I hope we get more eShop content in SSB4 besides the Dillon Assist Trophy... I wish to see stuff from Pushmo/Crashmo, HarmoKnight, Rusty's Real Deal Baseball, and Fluidity.
Well the two of them where never in any real competition as they are both owned by different companies. (Mallo belongs to Intelligent Systems, the same people who developed Fire Emblem and Paper Mario)

However, Sakurai acknowledging eShop games does mean that Mallo will most likely make an appearance too. His series was the only other one besides Dillon's Rolling Western that received another game (Oh and Freaky Forms too) and it also became one of Nintendo's most popular and well selling eShop IP's so I guess that might give Mallo a bit of an edge over Dillon. However, this may also mean that he may also get the Assist Trophy treatment or maybe even a stage along with it.

Eitherway, even if Mallo doesn't become playable, I do hope he gets at least an Assist Trophy, or a stage would be great too. He deserves that much at least imo.

Last edited:

jigglover

Smash Lord
Well Dillon was probably the 2nd best selling "new" series on eShop, and Pushmo was first. It's interesting that, if they were both ATs, Dillon was leaked first. I think that this may hint at Mallo having something bigger, such as a stage or even being a character himself. If he was an AT then I feel like he would have 100% been leaked first, and that's p much my only logic. :p

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Well Dillon was probably the 2nd best selling "new" series on eShop, and Pushmo was first. It's interesting that, if they were both ATs, Dillon was leaked first. I think that this may hint at Mallo having something bigger, such as a stage or even being a character himself. If he was an AT then I feel like he would have 100% been leaked first, and that's p much my only logic. :p
dillon wasnt leaked he was revealed

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Well, the mechanics of Smash are based off of sumo wrestling, so...
They are actually based off the Kirby games, but I guess they kinda have a bit of a similar objectives yeah.
Mallo is pretty much dead at this point, and so is Tempo. :(
How did you come up to that conclusion? Because as far as I know, nothing has been shown yet that even remotely hints at Mallo being disconfirmed (or Tempo for that matter), as far as I know.
Yeah I think the word you where looking for was "revealed" not "leaked" but yeah, I hope that Mallo will at least get a stage or an assist trophy if not playable.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Sakurai pretty much debunked the most likely "eShop" character now, I don't feel as confident for Mallo now, I'm just sticking with him as an AT now.
Eh by that logic, Rosalina shouldn't have made it in when a generally more agreed "more likely" character like Toad was disconfirmed, or Greninja for that matter with Zoroark's disconfirmation.

So I don't think Dillon's appearance as an assist trophy really affect's Mallo's chances all that much. (or Tempo)

But ah well, I kinda see him as more likely of becoming an Assist Trophy too I guess. But not for that reason though.

Freduardo

Smash Champion
Why was Dillon more likely than Mallo? Don't get me wrong, I'd prefer Dillon, but Mallo's game definitely got much better reception, and I'm betting sales too. Dillon just had the cooler design, but Mallo's play style would be more unique, which Sakurai really likes in his newcomers in this version.

Staarih

Smash Master
I wouldn't mind Mallo becoming an AT like Dillon, but I think he'd make a perfect appearance in a 3DS Pushmo game, where he's in the background pulling/pushing out the blocks to be used as platforms for the fighters. Not sure how it would work in practice but I really like the idea.

Not that I would mind him becoming playable either.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I am surprised that Mallo got a third game already... and his series made it to home consoles before Starfy, Isaac, and Dillon.

If Pushmo World is more like Pushmo and not like Crashmo, I might consider picking this up... I think it should be fun to share my puzzles with you guys on Miiverse. I like to make puzzles based on real game sprites. :awesome:

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
I am surprised that Mallo got a third game already... and his series made it to home consoles before Starfy, Isaac, and Dillon.

If Pushmo World is more like Pushmo and not like Crashmo, I might consider picking this up... I think it should be fun to share my puzzles with you guys on Miiverse. I like to make puzzles based on real game sprites. :awesome:
Well, Golden Sun is on the Wii U Virtual Console. :p

Freduardo

Smash Champion
I'd say that does boost Mallo's chances considerably. Plus the more I think about it the more I think Sumo as a fighting style in smash brothers... a game about keeping someone out of a ring, can work really really well. And be true to the game series.

Though I hope Dillon makes the console jump soon.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Pushmo World confirmed, I'm surprised this got a console release first and not Dillon.
Awesome! I'm very happy to hear that they have made a third entry to this series. Thanks for bringing this to my attention Blue.

I'm not that surprised Mallo got a third entry before Dillon though, his games have been far more successful after all. Besides, Mallo got a second entry before Dillon did as well. But I think he will probably get a third game for Wii U as well sometime soon.

I hope its possible to import your 3DS pushmo puzzles to the Wii U version though.

Staarih

Smash Master
Whoa, great job Pushmo for hitting the bigger console now. I love the games so I'm excited for this newer entry too. I'm sure the games will be represented in Smash 4 somehow, seeing as Dillon made it in, but I don't know if Mallo as a playable character will be the way to go just yet. Not that I would mind it of course.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Seems to be an eShop exclusive from what I understood.

Scratch that, I don't think they really stated that it's an eShop exclusive, but it probably will be though.

Last edited:

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
The moveset in the OP is solid. I love the ability to push and pull your opponents.

Mallo's design is cute. Reminds me of Stimpy.

And he seems like the best fit for a Puzzle representative.

I definitely support his inclusion. This thread has made me a believer.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm happy to hear that the moveset in the OP got you interested in Mallo. ^_^

Guess I should put the supporters list back up.

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
I'm all in for Mallo, he's a pretty cute character with potential.

My only concern is that smash was probably in mid development when this new Pushmo started it's development, so Sakurai might have not seen him as a potential newcomer and threw him in the same boat as Dillon :<

EDIT: Just speculations/worries, I could be wrong ^^;

Last edited:

Pazzo.

「Livin' On A Prayer」
Hmm.. he seems plausible for playable. :awesome:

I'm going to pick up Pushmo and/or Crashmo soon, so I'll get back to this.

FirstBlade

Smash Journeyman
I've heard good things about the Pushmo series so I'm inclined to pick it up. This being said, I think Mallo could be a quirky character if ever picked for Smash. Frankly, his series seems to be the most successful out of the big eshop 4 so if there is to be an "eshop rep" it seems the most fair for it to be him.

Also, how could the new rewind feature be used in his moveset?

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
I've heard good things about the Pushmo series so I'm inclined to pick it up. This being said, I think Mallo could be a quirky character if ever picked for Smash. Frankly, his series seems to be the most successful out of the big eshop 4 so if there is to be an "eshop rep" it seems the most fair for it to be him.

Also, how could the new rewind feature be used in his moveset?
rewind feature isnt new its been in all 3 games

OctiVick

Smash Journeyman
Didn't see anyone post this so here is the English trailer of the new pushmo game if anyone is interested:

Also feel free to add me to supporters ^^

Last edited:
Top Bottom