• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mallo for Super Smash Bros 4 thread! Time to Push on for the Smash 4 Ballot! New game out now!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I'm all in for Mallo, he's a pretty cute character with potential.

My only concern is that smash was probably in mid development when this new Pushmo started it's development, so Sakurai might have not seen him as a potential newcomer and threw him in the same boat as Dillon :<

EDIT: Just speculations/worries, I could be wrong ^^;
Well the first Pushmo came out in 2011, Crashmo came out the year after. Smash 4 started development sometime after Kid Icarus Uprising went gold (2012), I think at the very least, Mallo had two games already during the earlier stages of the games development. We have seen Dillon, so I don't see why Mallo wouldn't be showing up in some form. However in terms of playability. If the first two games didn't at least make Sakurai at least consider him, I don't really see Pushmo World being any different, especially since it came so late into the games development. I think Mallo's at least pretty likely to show up as an Assist Trophy or a stage element for a potential Pushmo stage.

Hmm.. he seems plausible for playable. :awesome:

I'm going to pick up Pushmo and/or Crashmo soon, so I'll get back to this.
You're lucky then, because they are doing a promotion currently where the two 3DS games are 30% cheaper than usual. ;)

Hope you enjoy the games if you do. :)

Also, how could the new rewind feature be used in his moveset?
Now that you mention it, I haven't really thought about the rewind feature. I'm not sure really. Though I guess it could probably work as some sort of item where you can rewind once to prevent a potential KO that may get inflicted on you whilst holding it. I don't know...

Didn't see anyone post this so here is the English trailer of the new pushmo game if anyone is interested:

Also feel free to add me to supporters ^^
Pretty neat trailer. Thanks for sharing. Also, I've added you to the supporters. ^_^

smashkirby

Smash Hero
I can't believe Mallo got a console release! not that I'm mad or anything. Heck, I practically jumped for joy when I heard about it! Now, I REALLY want Mallo playable in SSB4!

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
Much support. Very push. Such sumo.

Last edited:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Sakurai pretty much debunked the most likely "eShop" character now, I don't feel as confident for Mallo now, I'm just sticking with him as an AT now.
I've always considered Mallo the most likely "eShop" character. His series is more popular than Dillon's.

People just jumped on the Dillon bandwagon over Mallo because it was easier to visualise a moveset for him.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I've always considered Mallo the most likely "eShop" character. His series is more popular than Dillon's.

People just jumped on the Dillon bandwagon over Mallo because it was easier to visualise a moveset for him.
You have a point, and you may be right.
I personally thought Pushmo was better than Dillon anyways gameplay and quality wise (I can't stand the lag in the first Dillon game). :p
I still see Pushmo just getting a stage though.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
You have a point, and you may be right.
I personally thought Pushmo was better than Dillon anyways gameplay and quality wise (I can't stand the lag in the first Dillon game). :p
I still see Pushmo just getting a stage though.
And yet, you want Dr. Kawashima. I think Mallo can happen, but if he did, would he happen over another new series like Rhythm Heaven or Xenoblade, or get in on his own merits as well?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
And yet, you want Dr. Kawashima. I think Mallo can happen, but if he did, would he happen over another new series like Rhythm Heaven or Xenoblade, or get in on his own merits as well?
If that Sal leak is true then I don't think you really need to worry about those series.

The series is really popular and I can see Sakurai looking for a character with a sumo styled playstyle which Mallo can offer very well.

Though really, it depends how Sakurai wants to represent the series. All in all, I can see Sakurai settling with just an Assist Trophy or stage.... But it would be nice if he got the playable role.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
If Mallo (and Dillon) continue along their current path I could see them becoming strong contenders for playable in the next Smash Bros game. Maybe the eShop is still too young to get a representative, but it won't stay that way forever.

Ragingtsunami726

Smash Cadet
I truthfully believe Mallo has a better shot than a lot of other peeps, he's a character from a new franchise that's on the successful console and he's unique. That's a lot more than poor Chrom can say.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
If that Sal leak is true then I don't think you really need to worry about those series.

The series is really popular and I can see Sakurai looking for a character with a sumo styled playstyle which Mallo can offer very well.

Though really, it depends how Sakurai wants to represent the series. All in all, I can see Sakurai settling with just an Assist Trophy or stage.... But it would be nice if he got the playable role.
Oh no, I don't believe in the Sal leak, nor do I think either series needs a character, but maybe RH has deserved it. If Mallo got in, I would **** myself, though.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I truthfully believe Mallo has a better shot than a lot of other peeps, he's a character from a new franchise that's on the successful console and he's unique. That's a lot more than poor Chrom can say.
It's nice to hear some more optimism every once in a while. :)

Perhaps I should wait it out and see what Mallo's definitive role in the game is as well. I do kinda feel like I'm acting as if the guy is already disconfirmed.... ^^;

Sobreviviente

Smash Lord
Hey i support, he is awesome :B
I seriously think he is going to be at least an AT, but who knows :p

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Wait intelligent system made that? I think they are seriously more than just "intelligent" (saying this because they made TTYD also).
Yup, they where also behind series such as Panel de Pon and Fire Emblem along with Paper Mario of course but you already know that. ^^

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Mallo in SSB4 would be awesome. If Sakurai decides to include Mallo, I hope he is a sumo wrestler. We need more athletes besides Wii Fit Trainer and Little Mac.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Mallo in SSB4 would be awesome. If Sakurai decides to include Mallo, I hope he is a sumo wrestler. We need more athletes besides Wii Fit Trainer and Little Mac.
I'm fairly sure he will have a sumo wrestling-type playstyle if he where to be made playable. Would be pretty interesting to see in a Smash Bros type environment.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
So who else got Pushmo World from Wii U eShop? I just downloaded it today and I'm enjoying it! I really wish there is a Pushmo stage in Smash.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I don't have a Wii U yet yeah yeah I said I'd wait until Mario Kart 8 comes out but I think I'll probably wait a little bit longer until the Wii U version of Smash Bros comes out but I do wish those who play it or plan to give the game a go a lot of fun. Will be sure to download it too once I get my hands on a Wii U. I enjoy me some Pullblox/Pushmo. c:

I really hope we get to see a Pushmo stage too.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
say recall when we were discussing the pullblox symbol? well ive an idea

the square with the step shape through it is used to represent pullbloxs in general so i think this would work really well as the serise symbol

and while im at it heres a recovery move idea for him: the manholes, they would work like on of the warping moves mallo climbs into one and then another one appears higher up and possibly a bit futher over and he then climbes out that one

aldelaro5

Paper Mario P
Canada, Quebec (or Rogeuport if you want)
NNID
aldelaro5
3DS FC
3050-7721-6617
Can anyone here who own the game can check the credits? I want to know if a certain "James W Anderson" (or full name) in the staff list. This person said back in September 2013 that he was working on an unannounced WiiU game. Pushmo world is the only game that was not announced so it could have been that. Note that he also claimed to have worked on game & wario and paper mario sticker star which is true if you check the staff list. I just want to know if this leak still stands because I'm still hoping for a paper mario game on WiiU.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
How's your progress in Pushmo World? I'm currently at No. 117 Tiger and Challenge M-20. I've already solved all the previous puzzles including the ones at the training area.

I got to thinking about a Pushmo stage. I've always wanted one since I played the first game in 2011. I was thinking that maybe instead of Mallo pushing blocks around, he makes blocks pop out and back in by jumping on pullout and pushback switches. Characters also use manholes to warp around the stage just like in the Warp Pipes at the Mushroom Kingdom stage in Smash 64.

I think Mallo's chances are fair. I'm not sure what the size scale is supposed to be for Pushmo but I think he would be a rather large character in Smash.

CosmicGlitch

Smash Apprentice
Iv been hoping Smash would get an Eshop rep this time around and i cant think of anyone that honor should go to other than mallo (to be fair not much to choose from, im looking at you nintendo)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I've requested this thread to be reopened as I thought it might be a good idea to gather some more support for Mallo.

I'm going to work further on his potential playstyle and then post it here soon enough. ^^

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
How did I not know this was a thing?!

I've casually supported Mallo for ages, I think he'd be a great addition to the roster. :3

Top Bottom