• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Mallo for Super Smash Bros 4 thread! Time to Push on for the Smash 4 Ballot! New game out now!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
How did I not know this was a thing?!

I've casually supported Mallo for ages, I think he'd be a great addition to the roster. :3
It has been locked for a while ever since the full roster was revealed just like many other support threads at the time.... ^^;
So I thought I'd bring it back to life and see if we could net some more supporters for the ballot.

Anyway, it's great to hear that you're a supporter of Mallo too Wintropy. I've went ahead and added you to the supporters list! ^^

smashkirby

Smash Hero
It has been locked for a while ever since the full roster was revealed just like many other support threads at the time.... ^^;
So I thought I'd bring it back to life and see if we could net some more supporters for the ballot.

Anyway, it's great to hear that you're a supporter of Mallo too Wintropy. I've went ahead and added you to the supporters list! ^^
Can I be added to the support list, too?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Mallo is getting a new eshop game for the 3DS in Japan.

http://www.gonintendo.com/stories/233182-new-pushmo-game-available-for-3ds-in-japan

He is the clear choice for eshop representative. His resume just keeps getting bigger.
It's great to see that Mallo is really building up a resume, especially for a small eShop series. But then again, from what I've heard it's Nintendo's most successful eShop series so I guess I shouldn't be too surprised that it has turned into a healthy ongoing franchise in its own right.

It's also great to see that they still managed to come up with so many idea's for this series.

A real shame though that all Mallo got was just a trophy for the 3DS version..... :/

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
well we learned about Fullblox yesterday and now we have it, i have to say its pretty fun it's good to be able to pull from all sides

and the other playable characters is a nice touch

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
well we learned about Fullblox yesterday and now we have it, i have to say its pretty fun it's good to be able to pull from all sides

and the other playable characters is a nice touch
Oh it's already out? brb downloading the game then! So happy that Mallo and the Pullblox series are still going strong! :)

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Welcome on board @ Amiiben Amiiben , you've been added. ;)

Gosh they added a 3D level creator. That's what I always wanted to be able to do in Crashmo after playing some of its 3D stages but sadly that was all you could do.

I know what I'll be doing.....

Last edited:

Amiiben

Smash Cadet
LOOK AT THIS AND YES THIS IS OFFICIAL Merchandise

Last edited:

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
Welcome on board @ Amiiben Amiiben , you've been added. ;)

Gosh they added a 3D level creator. That's what I always wanted to be able to do in Crashmo after playing some of its 3D stages but sadly that was all you could do.

I know what I'll be doing.....

you'll be sharing the codes for them right?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Wow... so Mallo gets a 4th game already? Well, I guess I better keep Pushmo in my list of franchises that are most likely to get newcomers in SSB5. My list also has Murasame Castle, Rhythm Heaven (only because of Gematsu and there was a character planned), StreetPass Mii Plaza (okay, this one is biased but I cannot shake off the feeling), and Splatoon.

My SSB4 list of likely franchises had Animal Crossing, Punch-Out!!, Duck Hunt (I was biased but I am vindicated now), Wii Fit (only because :4wiifit: blindsided me), Wii Sports, Xenoblade Chronicles, Murasame Castle (turns out Sakurai actually considered Takamaru), Mega Man, and Pac-Man.

ItsMeBrandon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HumanMaleBrandon
I think Mallo is one of the only characters so far that I've been really excited to think of a moveset for, if only because Mallo just looks so silly and lovable no matter what he does. Go ahead and add me to the list of supporters, please.

I may have missed Pushmo and Crashmo, but Pushmo World on Wii U had me sold on the series. I also got Stretchmo (or of course, Fullblox) the moment I heard it was a thing, and I'm enjoying it so far. Feels a bit weird to go from Wii U to 3DS, but I'll probably get used to it in time.

fogbadge

Smash Obsessed
right then time to have ago at making a moveset for him myself

jab: a few swipes with his hands
strong side: shoves his hands forward
strong up: shoves his hands upwards
strong down: stomps with his feet

side smash: rams foe with full body
up smash: jumps up raming foes with his whole body
down smash: slams his foot down

neutral air: spins in the air
forward air: swings goal flag forward
back air: backwards kick
up air: swings goal flag above him
down air: downwards shove

pummel: headbutts
forward throw: pushes foe before throwing them forward
back throw: drags foe like a block before throwing behind
up throw: tosses them upwards
down throw: drops them the slams his foot on them

neutral special: block shot, stomps on a button the stretches out a block just in from of him which then retracts
side special: block pull/push, pushes or pulls a block towards a foe
up special: man hole warp, climbs into an upside down man hole and climbs out a right ways up one further away, works like teleporting moves
down special: rewind, uses the rewind time feature to dodge an attack and counter

dash: tackles

final smash: pullblox studio, similar to the villager's mallo traps foes and quickly makes a small pullblox around them damaging them then mallo pulls the block out launching those trapped

funnily enough the side special ive given him is pretty much the one ive pictured for layton

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
You've both been added @ GmanSir GmanSir & @ ItsMeBrandon ItsMeBrandon Welcome on board! ^^
Will be looking forward to your moveset idea as well. ^^

Wow... so Mallo gets a 4th game already? Well, I guess I better keep Pushmo in my list of franchises that are most likely to get newcomers in SSB5. My list also has Murasame Castle, Rhythm Heaven (only because of Gematsu and there was a character planned), StreetPass Mii Plaza (okay, this one is biased but I cannot shake off the feeling), and Splatoon.

My SSB4 list of likely franchises had Animal Crossing, Punch-Out!!, Duck Hunt (I was biased but I am vindicated now), Wii Fit (only because :4wiifit: blindsided me), Wii Sports, Xenoblade Chronicles, Murasame Castle (turns out Sakurai actually considered Takamaru), Mega Man, and Pac-Man.
If the Pushmo/Pullblox series keeps it up I can very well see Mallo as a strong contender for the next Smash. I do still hope he might make it in as Smash 4 DLC though. ^^

right then time to have ago at making a moveset for him myself

jab: a few swipes with his hands
strong side: shoves his hands forward
strong up: shoves his hands upwards
strong down: stomps with his feet

side smash: rams foe with full body
up smash: jumps up raming foes with his whole body
down smash: slams his foot down

neutral air: spins in the air
forward air: swings goal flag forward
back air: backwards kick
up air: swings goal flag above him
down air: downwards shove

pummel: headbutts
forward throw: pushes foe before throwing them forward
back throw: drags foe like a block before throwing behind
up throw: tosses them upwards
down throw: drops them the slams his foot on them

neutral special: block shot, stomps on a button the stretches out a block just in from of him which then retracts
side special: block pull/push, pushes or pulls a block towards a foe
up special: man hole warp, climbs into an upside down man hole and climbs out a right ways up one further away, works like teleporting moves
down special: rewind, uses the rewind time feature to dodge an attack and counter

dash: tackles

final smash: pullblox studio, similar to the villager's mallo traps foes and quickly makes a small pullblox around them damaging them then mallo pulls the block out launching those trapped

funnily enough the side special ive given him is pretty much the one ive pictured for layton
I see some interesting ideas here. Thanks for sharing fogbadge. If you want me to add it to the OP then feel free to let me know. ^^

Oh by the way. Mallo has also got a theme for the 3DS home menu too. ^^

Last edited:

Thelimomon

Smash Journeyman
I knew there was a Mallo thread seomewhere! Great that I finally found it! :)

My first "mo/blox" game was Pushmo/Pullblox for the 3DS, I can't remember why I got it, but it was one of my best decisions I've ever made! I really liked that game, it was fun and challenging at once. And I instandly loved Mallo... just look at his face! :3

Unfortunately, I didn't get Crashmo/Fallblox, I still don't know why, but maybe I'll change that in the future.

But then, when Pushmo/Pullblox World released I wanted to play it again and it was very fun to play this with my brother.
As soon as I heard of Stretchmo/Fullblox I got it myself and I LOVE it.
I'm right now at Corin's Power-Parcours, it is fun but also VERY challenging!
I play the four parks after each other. And I'm VERY excited for Papa Blox's NES Expo!

However, about Mallo in Smash:
Honestly, I thought they would include at least one character from the eShop to represent it, but apparently, I was wrong...
Since I love the "mo/blox" series, I would love to support Mallo for Smash! Count me in!

Also, I would love to see, for his On-Screen Appearance, Mallo jumping out of one of the ladders and then do his signature pose. It's not much, but a neat detail, right? ;)

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Pushmo, Crashmo, Stretchmo... Smashmo!

I think Mallo's stage should be named Smashmo and it's based on all three games.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
thanks and go right ahead
You're welcome, and done. ;)
I knew there was a Mallo thread seomewhere! Great that I finally found it! :)

My first "mo/blox" game was Pushmo/Pullblox for the 3DS, I can't remember why I got it, but it was one of my best decisions I've ever made! I really liked that game, it was fun and challenging at once. And I instandly loved Mallo... just look at his face! :3

Unfortunately, I didn't get Crashmo/Fallblox, I still don't know why, but maybe I'll change that in the future.

But then, when Pushmo/Pullblox World released I wanted to play it again and it was very fun to play this with my brother.
As soon as I heard of Stretchmo/Fullblox I got it myself and I LOVE it.
I'm right now at Corin's Power-Parcours, it is fun but also VERY challenging!
I play the four parks after each other. And I'm VERY excited for Papa Blox's NES Expo!

However, about Mallo in Smash:
Honestly, I thought they would include at least one character from the eShop to represent it, but apparently, I was wrong...
Since I love the "mo/blox" series, I would love to support Mallo for Smash! Count me in!

Also, I would love to see, for his On-Screen Appearance, Mallo jumping out of one of the ladders and then do his signature pose. It's not much, but a neat detail, right? ;)

I'm happy to hear that you really enjoyed the series. I will add you to the supporters list too. And this a pretty cute idea for an on-screen appearance. c:
Pushmo, Crashmo, Stretchmo... Smashmo!

I think Mallo's stage should be named Smashmo and it's based on all three games.
or smashblox if youre in europe
A stage conveniently named Smashmo for America and Smashblox for Europe respectively would be a great idea. The Pullblox stage I made was named like that too but apparently the image is broken now.... :T

Last edited:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Why didn't I know this was a thread. I fully support Mallo's inclusion in Smash. Add me on the support list. I own two of his games, Pushmo World and Stretchmo, and I loved the puzzles. This guy would be great in Smash.

Agent1029

Smash Rookie
I'm a huge supporter for Mallo in Smash Bros. I even had a small thought that the Wii U and 3DS versions of the game could have different exclusive DlC's. the 3DS would have Mallo, and the Wii U version would get Wonder-Red (Wonderful 101). I came up with this idea, and just had to post it somewhere. I thought this would be a good place, since I also happened to come up with a movies for Mallo. Some of the move's are borrowed from the original moves on this thread. Also, add me to the supporter list.

Special Moves:
*Neutral: Nothing special, Double Punch
*Up Special: Up Punch
*Side Specials: Side Punch (Charges in circular arm motions)
*Down Special: Down Punch

Smash Moves:
*B
: Mallo throws small Pushmo blocks
*Up + B: Poppy's Birds: Poppy's Birds grab Mallo and lift him. Hurts opponents on contact
*Side + B: Manhole Ladders: Uses Manhole Ladders to appear next to opponent and strongly kicks.
*Down + B: Mallo jumps into the air, and throws down a Crashmo Block on top of the opponent.

*Grab:
  • Both hands, similar to grabbing a block.
  • Uses Stretchmo to latch onto nearby opponents
FINAL SMASH: Large wall of multicolored Pushmo appear in background . Push of the same color are pulled toward the screen and pushed back away from the screen rapidly and randomly. Opponents who happen to be hit by the blocks are badly damaged. Based on Pull-Out Switch.

GenesisTheSmashColt

Smash Rookie
NNID
GenesisMaster
3DS FC
1160-9984-2569
Hey, I actually made a splash art for Mallo along with a DLC stage idea, he's my most wanted character in Smash at this point.

Thank you so much for reopening this thread, can I be added on the supporter list? I've been pushing Mallo for months now. Also can I have permission to make an official Twitter support account?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Hey, I actually made a splash art for Mallo along with a DLC stage idea, he's my most wanted character in Smash at this point.

Thank you so much for reopening this thread, can I be added on the supporter list? I've been pushing Mallo for months now. Also can I have permission to make an official Twitter support account?

Wow! This looks amazing, very well done!

I'll be sure to add you to the supporters list.

And sure, feel free. We only have about less than a month left until the ballot closes so Mallo could use the extra push that he can get....

Last edited:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
How is this thread not more popular. Mallo makes a lot of sense. Pushmo is a pretty popular game on the eShop and it doesn't seem like the series is running out of steam. He'll defiantly work as a character.

You would have figured he'd be in the main game with a Pushmo stage, but it is what it is I guess.

GenesisTheSmashColt

Smash Rookie
NNID
GenesisMaster
3DS FC
1160-9984-2569
Wow! This looks amazing, very well done!

I'll be sure to add you to the supporters list.

And sure, feel free. We only have about less than a month left until the ballot closes so Mallo could use the extra push that he can get....
YESSS thank you so much. Will link to the account when finished.

Top Bottom