• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "Midwest Massacre" Tournament

D

Deleted member

I would like to think that I have a chance to win the singles tournament but I honestly don't think I will even come close. Even though I figure I will lose, I'll still put the money in and play in the tournament. It's the only way I'm going to get better... to play good people. (This will be my first tournament, btw... I've only had the game for 4 months or so too :grrr: )

Also, any word on a new time/location?

jv3x3

Smash Champion
Originally posted by montross726
I would like to think that I have a chance to win the singles tournament but I honestly don't think I will even come close. Even though I figure I will lose, I'll still put the money in and play in the tournament. It's the only way I'm going to get better... to play good people. (This will be my first tournament, btw... I've only had the game for 4 months or so too :grrr: )

Also, any word on a new time/location?
Exactley, pretty much everyone that comes is gonna leave a better player than they came in. I was at least twice as good as I was before within a week after my second tourney. Fact is only one person is gonna win, so odds are against you going in. But its gonna be heIIa fun, you are gonna get better, and you are gonna get to see how you stack up vs. a lot of people.... win or lose.

Items very low right? Ill look more closely at the stages. But I dont think MK II (the one with the blocks) should be on, and right now i think its on. People will be paying at the door pretty much. And we need to have a final word on location and time by Saturday.

S

SUPERSAYIN

Oh by saturday huh, what are you going to do about it, no im kidding, im trying though I swear, Ive been getting douched out of all the places, probably because im a douche myself, but hey come on how else is a human ****** going to clean himself huh. . . eww im sorry that was grosse.

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
Originally posted by smasher1001
:) noticed this was near the bottom of the page,anyhoo i played
1 of the guys going to the tourny who live near me,he's
good,either way im still coming,how is every1 gettin rdy for the
tourny?training against humans,comps,making combos?im jus curious
I was the one he played. I don't mean to brag, or put smasher1001 down or anything, but I beat him rather easily. Hopefully that will just inspire him to get better. I hope I at least advance a few brackets in the tourney. If I got eliminated by one of the big guns at the tourney (Iggy, Joshu, jv3x3), I wouldn't mind. I've been playing my friend every single day for like 2 weeks, and I've gotten much, much better at my wavedashing. Still can improve, though. Also, I need a tad bit of improvement with my L canceling. If there are people coming just to come and not pay because "they might loose cuz they R teh suck", then shame on them for not wanting tournament experience! I'm going into this tourney knowing that I more than likely won't win, but it's the experience I crave, the experience that will make me better. So you all better come and pay, because the matches you play, as well as see will make you a better player. Plus you add a nice little sum of money to the pot! hehehehe

TheGreatEvilKing

Smash Cadet
Say, is anyone here from the Grand Rapids area? I need to go to this thing like nothing else matters. Btw, I am the guy listed as "Ultimate Darius" on the probably list or whatever, mayhaps some of you know me by that name. Anyhow, my ride died on me, so now I am stuck with no way out there :( If anyone could offer me a lift, I'm sure I can offer some sort of compensation. Otherwise, I'm gonna have to spend about $63 on a Greyhound ticket to Pontiac, with which I still have to hope that someone from over that way can give me a lift to the actual tourny...and on top of that, I'd need a place to stay if that were the case...So I doubt that that would happen. But if anyone were willing to do so, I would more than happily pay for that bus fare. I intend on coming and cleaning house while I'm there, so if anyone's up for some competition, I'm praying that someone can help me out. Just reply here or whatever if there's anything you can do to help. It would be greatly appreciated.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
SS

If you cant find anything else, just do that one place at 4 (although i would ask them to bump the price down to 50-75 though). If you cant find anything else, you cant find anything else. People need to have an idea where they are going and start to make plans. So just nail something 100% for sure down and start trying to get equipment lined up 100% for sure. I can have everything done by 10 even if we start at 4 if we have enough setups. If you need equipment start posting, so other people can make plans to pitch in stuff.

Also, the rules. For the most part fine. But theres still some stuff not covered and things that need to be tweaked. Heres what i think, let me know if you think its cool

-4 stock, Best of 3 (Semis and finals best of 5)
-Double Elimination
-Seeding for groups that came together (so you at least wont play your friends/crew early in the tourney)
-First stage random or agreed upon and double blind character picks can be requested
-Loser then picks either a new character (winner has to stay) and the stage pick goes back to random or agreed upon) or picks stage
-Items set on Very Low
-The following items will be turned off Hearts/Tomato/Starman/StarRod/Hammer/Mushrooms/HomerunBat/PartyBall/Bom-omb/Pokeballs
-Following stages are banned, not even allowed on counter pick.
Peach’s Castle, Corneria, Onett, Great Bay, Mushroom Kingdom, Icicle Mountain, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Temple, Brinstar Depths, Yoshi’s Island, Vemon, Big Blue, Fourside, FlatZone, Yoshi’s Island N64
-Pause Off
-Team Attack ON
-Life Taking allowed (teams)
-IC glitch allowed, but you must kill if you can, and you freeze the game you lose the match.

S

SUPERSAYIN

Yeah im cool with all that except for I dont see any reason Peaches Castle or Corneria shouldo be out, I think there both sweet stages, and as for the double blind charcter pick thing, if its what I think it is it would have to be agreed upon by both sides right, cause if thats the case I dont see a problem.

If we have to start at 4 then we have to start at 4 I guess but i have got some things in the works so chances are if you gusy hold your horses and be patient well have a sweet spot with a good starting time, besides its not like you cant make plans, the location isnt going to be in some freakishly far away place, everything is going to be cool.

As for T.Vs and Cubes go, ive got about 5 sets so if anyone wants to bring them they are more than welcome it will probably be needed and appreciated for sure.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
My thinking with Castle and Corneria is that the both are divided into seperate pieces. If im in a close match im not gonna come down on u to the bottom part of corneria nor im i gonna cross over castle. And without a time limit, no one is forced to. So matches could go on forever. Items could help that, but its notta guarantee. So anyway if we are on a tight schedule time wise there could be some problems, but really your call though.

And double blind does not have to be agreed upon. What it is, either player can request it before the first match of a set. In which case both players tell there characters to a staff member, and those are the characters they have to use in the first match. It eliminates one player from waiting to see who someone picks and then counter picking, and then even the first person re-picks, etc etc. IE You wait for me to pick, I pick jiggly, so you pick marth, then i switch to luigi, then you pick sheik, etc etc (just for example). Really you rarely need 2 cause both people have their characters. But in certain cases it is helpful, hence it can be requested. Like me and iggy, he told me he doesnt think his peach will be good enough for some of my characters (which may or may not be the case) so he has been working with other characters. Which means, if we play, I will request double blind picks.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
So, why don't we just put a time limit in for the matches, unless I'm missing something.

Doesn't really matter either way, though.

x1372

Smash Ace
actually, we don't need to remove any stages (besides yoshi 64 and temple) from this because with items, they can all be dealt with. sure, you have a disadvantage crossing, but with an item you can negate that. time limits are naturally a must, but for the sake of fairness no stages need be removed.

jv3x3, why are you reccomending the removal of half the levels? honestly, most of those have nothing wrong with items on, and are legitimate counter-stages. how you can reccomend onett be removed but mushroom kindom 2 stay... I dunno, your list seems random. think you might explain it a bit?

also, if items are on, I'm making a reccomendation for them to be on LOW, not very low. very low has the ironic position where items are more likely to break a game than if they were on low. on low, you can usually get an item within 10 seconds if you search hard enough for it. on very low, one item (say, a beamsword) could give someone a relatively large advantage for half a minute or more, making very low items more technically broken than low. any higher than low and the items start getting in everyone's way.

*edit* woo, 200th post!

S

SUPERSAYIN

I thought by double blind character pick you meant we had to randomly pick our characters and I was all F that but it swound s cool i dont see any problem with that, but as for the levels and items being on low not very low thing I think were going to leave them how they are because all this technical talk is taking away form the smashiness of the game, were not a bunch of ******s, so lets act accordingly gentleman.

x1372

Smash Ace
well, looking at some of those things...

first of all, its your tourney, meaning you do get to pick the levels. however, I would consider bringing back poke floats and rainbow cruise - those levels are interesting, unique, NOT random, and definitely playable in an items tourney (even in a no items tourney they're techincally fair)

also, I'd reccomend adding one level to the banned list, if you're banning several levels: Termina, great bay. Great bay is rather unfair towards fox against any character who has poor downward aerial attacks and is relatively slow. Fox can play keep-away laserfest on the bottom platforms, spamming lasers to hit anywhere onscreen, and is rather imbalanced on that level (although items help, its still an extremely difficult fight). Honestly, if I were to choose five levels to ban from an ITEM tourney, I'd turn off Temple, Yoshi 64, Great Bay, Brinstar Depths... come to think of it, that's really it. every other level is fair for item play, at least in some regard.

again, its your call, but if you're having a lot removed consider addin great bay, if you're willing to bring some back bring back floats and cruise.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
At this point whatever. The difference between onett and MK II, is onett has places guarded by things where you cannot approach, MK II doesnt. Not to mention MK II has additional items via eggs.

Smash shouldnt be a game where one person sits on a platform minutes on end (cause you cannot approach them, and some characters in certain places you really cant) while the other person waits for a select item that will actually do something. And then this repeats.

But whatever, set something in frickin stone now so i know what settings i am going to be playing on and I will play/abuse that. Plain n simple.

Peace

S

SUPERSAYIN

I thought stuff was set in stone awhile ago, and again with the whining about troublesome stages for some characters, hopefully well have changed our tampons (prefferably the new tampax pearl, thats just me though) come tournament time cause its going to be on no matter what the settings are.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
set in stone...

Item rate?
Life stealing?
Pause?
First round character picks?
Winner has to stay character?
IC Glitch?
Double Elimination?
Stages agreed upon?

P.S. Last post in this topic, if u need a place to stay drop me a pm.

S

SUPERSAYIN

OK, items on very low, life stealing is cool, pause off, first round character pick (what about it), winner stays, IC glitch is gay, double elimination and stages are whatever they are in the first post. There that should do it.

Ortsac

Smash Rookie
Character Picking in the middle of a series

Whats with people wanting to switch characters mid way through a series during the tourney. I mean if you are given the option to switch characters during a series that gives someone who is a ROLL-AHOLIC an advantage. IE Someone who is (note: if they are rather good at rolling, wavedashing, and dodging) given the option to switch characters in a series would mean if they lose the first match they can go right on ahead and switch to someone who is quicker and roll the match away and win the next match ... i say you only be able to switch characters after you win or lose a series. Not mid-way through.

FierceMelee019

Smash Cadet
Re: Character Picking in the middle of a series

Originally posted by Ortsac
Whats with people wanting to switch characters mid way through a series during the tourney. I mean if you are given the option to switch characters during a series that gives someone who is a ROLL-AHOLIC an advantage. IE Someone who is (note: if they are rather good at rolling, wavedashing, and dodging) given the option to switch characters in a series would mean if they lose the first match they can go right on ahead and switch to someone who is quicker and roll the match away and win the next match ... i say you only be able to switch characters after you win or lose a series. Not mid-way through.

phatassesrock

Smash Apprentice
Hey TheGreatEvilKing you defintiely should come down to the tourney. If all else fails with a ride down here and you need to get a bus ride to pontiac, I could pick you up there. My family is moving soon, but I am sure we can accomodate you if you need a place to stay. I know that it might be a little difficult to get a bus ride on the same day, so try to get a bus ride for sunday back. If you want to talk about it and make some plans email me at david_renne@yahoo.com. See ya.

jv3x3

Smash Champion
Originally posted by TheGreatEvilKing
I intend on coming and cleaning house while I'm there, so if anyone's up for some competition....
Im not totally sure what you mean by this one, but if you want to play a set for cash im game. Also, phatassesrock, very cool of you to offer to help him out.

I said I wasnt gonna post again, cause i was getting frustrated, but i lied. Stages need to be changed, they need to be. Everyone wants to have fun, and its not gonna be if someone breaks a stage. They way the rules are now, no one will have a chance against me on my counter stage (and if i get it on random select 2 you have no chance) and I dont want to play like that, but i will play 2 win if i have 2.

So how bout this use my stages for random (unless agreed upon). And allow anything but hyrule, yoshi island/s, brinstar depths, ice mountain, flatzone, great bay, dk with the rock, and mk for counter picks (which are all banned completely). It wont get brocken that way and there is still a lot of variety.

As for the counter pick thing, even if they do counter pick you you can do the same back in the third match. But really, no one is gonna counter roll you or whatever.

Im glad that a lot of people are coming to this though, and a lot of new michigan people. It will be a real good time, and the michigan smash scene is starting to look up and tourneys will only help make everyone better. If anyone wants to play for money or friendlys with me, let me know, i will try to play as many people as i can. See everyone Saturday

Melo Man

Smash Rookie
sounds good jv3x3...

Sounds like a plan. I know I didn't post much input/feedback/etc., but I'm pretty much cool with whatever everyone agrees on (EVERYTHING in the world of smash is fair game to me). The only thing I want to interject is that, and I want everyone to read this:

We need to decide which day this week will be the cut-off day for ALL THINGS FINAL. I don't come to this board much, but I don't wanna not come here Friday and some new rule/guideline/etc. pops up out of nowhere that morning. So I suggest we make Wednesday night the last night we make ANY changes; that way, everyone will be mentally prepared and can focus their minds on other preliminary matters. Is this good for everyone? That'll give Thurs. and Fri. to people to worry about matters outside of "unsettled rules/etc." I'm suggesting this mostly to you Supersaiyan since you're hosting it.

Now with that said, I do have probably my final question: Will this tourney be over the same day? I pretty much have that picture already, but I just want to confirm it, cause I don't plan on attending a 2 day tourney.

:cool:

Liptonbuddy

Smash Lord
I agree, there should be a cut off day where all the rules previously stated are etched in stone. Do we still know where the asctual tournament is going to be? I thought it was at the kids a[ppartment hall or whatever, now I hear it's at summit place mall. What is it?

smasher1001

Smash Journeyman
liptonbuddy,look at the 1st post it says the location...for now at least,and i agree about the cutoff day,it would make things ALOT easier for some people,i dont expect to win the tourny,but im guessing ill do ok,or get killed if im in over my head;)

FierceMelee019

Smash Cadet
Give michigan some credit...

Hey, just a suggestion, but i think we should change the name of this tourney back to "Michigan Massacre." Michigan doesn't get a lot of play compared to some other states, and seeing as how this one looks like its gonna be really cool, and really good, let's give michigan the credit it deserves and let everybody know that this shindig happened in Michigan...nowhere else.

Ah well, i guess i just like my home state a little bit too much, or maybe i just have a hting for long sentences; still, let's change the name back to "Michigan Massacre," your country will thank you for it.:rolleyes:

Melo Man

Smash Rookie
By the way, count me in most definitely -- Melo Man. I'll bring 3 others with me for sure by the names of Hayz, Dark, and DJ. If I'm lucky with the other two, I'll bring them, but mark my crew of 4 down for sure.

S

SUPERSAYIN

Allright, ive made an executive decision, after getting seriously douched out of almost every place I have had lined up ive decided to start the tournament at the the apartment and move it to the clubhouse when 4 rolls around. It will be a little crammed in the apartment but we will make it work, we will get through it and rock out at the clubhouse for the rest of the night.

As for the boards issue I dont really see the big deal, it sounds more like your overconfident than anything else, no im kidding, but if its seriously freaking you out you have enough say in this tournament to decide the boards (im talking to Jv3x3 right now) so thats all up to you, its your call.

Seven11

Smash Cadet
good call

Originally posted by SUPERSAYIN
...ive decided to start the tournament at the the apartment and move it to the clubhouse when 4 rolls around...
That's a ****ed good call. If you wanted to, you could just cover all the preliminaries and casual matches in the apartment, and, when we get to the clubhouse, officially get the tournament started. Just have people start showing up like any time after 1:30 or 2:00PM. The only bad part about that is that there will probably be a considerable interval of time between the casual matches and tournament play while we're all moving stuff around. And yes, I said "we." As in, when it comes time for it, we should all do what we can and help out and we could probably keep it rolling at an acceptable pace.

A.Hills.Finest

Smash Journeyman

Wussup everybody Im new too the boards... But enuf about that

SUPERSAYIN,

Add me and my crew to the Maybe list(actualy definite maybe)

Rio-Peach,Jigglypuff,Falco

Joel-Shiek/Zelda,Ness,Falco

Mani-Dr.Mario

These are subject to change, but I'll know definitly by tomarrow.
And a few questions....If I put oh lest say mr.gameandwatch as the char im gonna play with....is that the only char I can play with? Do I have to specify the other chars before the tourney? And also, if you could post your aim name that would be great cause I'm from Auburn Hills/Pontiac, and I just need a little clarification on the adress... thanxx

jv3x3

Smash Champion
Man theres a lot of new faces, im seriously pumped.

Ill restate my challenge to anyone for cash btw, and me and ss have a gannon vs. gannon money match.

And since Adam (SuperSayin) was nice enough to grant me some authority heres the final rules (if you wanna edit them and the start time into your first post that would be a good idea). And i wasnt saying that to be cocky, I would have been literally untouchable the whole match.

-Double Elimination
-Seeding for groups that came together (so you at least wont play your friends/crew early in the tourney)
-First stage random or agreed upon and double blind character picks can be requested
-Loser then picks either a new character (winner has to stay) and the stage pick goes back to random or agreed upon) or picks stage
-Items set on Very Low
-The following items will be turned off Hearts/Tomato/Starman/StarRod/Hammer/Mushrooms/HomerunBat/PartyBall/Bom-omb/Pokeballs
Peach’s Castle, Corneria, Onett, Great Bay, Mushroom Kingdom, Icicle Mountain, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Temple, Brinstar Depths, Yoshi’s Island, Vemon, Big Blue, Fourside, FlatZone, Yoshi’s Island N64
-Pause Off
-Team Attack ON
-IC glitch allowed, but you must kill if you can, and you freeze the game you lose the match.

And if anyone is interested the the reason some levels are off is because we are not doing a time limit. And we are not doing a time limit because i do not want someone to camp and abuse position after they get one hit to better enable them to win. Stage and position in it means a lot, much more them some people realize.

Regardless its gonna be a blast, and things are as fair is I could make them.

P.S. A.Hills.Finest, naw u arent stuck with anything, the characters in the first post are just to give people an idea. You can pick whoever you want (within the rules) the day of the tourney.

And SS, you should put a complete address zip and all so people can mapquest it. And maybe pm people yoiur cell if they request it, in case they run into any problems.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
I think items ov Very Low gives more fo a chance that a single item could impact the game quite a bit, but that culd just be me...

And I still think that there should be a time limit as well as the rest of the levels on... but I suppose it's up to you.

x1372

Smash Ace
Originally posted by jv3x3
Man theres a lot of new faces, im seriously pumped.

Ill restate my challenge to anyone for cash btw, and me and ss have a gannon vs. gannon money match.

And since Adam (SuperSayin) was nice enough to grant me some authority heres the final rules (if you wanna edit them and the start time into your first post that would be a good idea). And i wasnt saying that to be cocky, I would have been literally untouchable the whole match.

-Double Elimination
-Items set on Very Low
-Pause Off
-Team Attack ON

And if anyone is interested the the reason some levels are off is because we are not doing a time limit. And we are not doing a time limit because i do not want someone to camp and abuse position after they get one hit to better enable them to win. Stage and position in it means a lot, much more them some people realize.

Regardless its gonna be a blast, and things are as fair is I could make them.

P.S. A.Hills.Finest, naw u arent stuck with anything, the characters in the first post are just to give people an idea. You can pick whoever you want (within the rules) the day of the tourney.

And SS, you should put a complete address zip and all so people can mapquest it. And maybe pm people yoiur cell if they request it, in case they run into any problems.
jv3x3, that may be quite the most random and arbitrary ruleset I have EVER seen.

first, items on very low actually makes them more dangerous than on low. simple reason is that on very low there's not enough items to go around. You can get to a point where one person gets a good item (say, beamsword) that stays with them and gets an advantage, and the opponent has to wait for half a minute or more to get an item themselves to combat it. This can and does happen, I've seen it in friendlies, which is why most tournies either have items low or off.

Second, what's with that itme list? there is absolutely nothing wrong with star rods that isn't wrong with half the items on that list. the projectile is terrible and its really only good as a throwing weapon, and if you're trying to get rid of those dump freezie, motion sensor bomb, screw attack, lip's stick... and if the problem is the shooting thing we can't have ray gun and super scope... BOTH OF WHICH CAUSE MORE PROBLEMS THAN STAR ROD... basically you don't seem to have much rhyme or reason for a few items you're banning.

next on the random list is the stage selection. considering this is a no-items tourney, there really isn't much need for stages to be banned in the first place - I'd say four at maximum, temple great bay yoshi 64 and depths. However, your list consists of sacred seven, mute floats cruise, kongo jungle, brinstar, and mushroom kingdom 2. now, mushroom kingdom 2 is one of the most abuseable levels out there, in many cases worse than onett because your opponent has to come UP to your level to get to you. second, kongo jungle with its rock problem can have a serious impact, and brinstar is annoying and random that most people turn it off in no items... basically, your list takes out FAR more levels than necessary, time limit or not. Believe me, I can still abuse the timer and drag matches out for my advantage. Never mind that you've all but REMOVED slob picks, making it worthless by removing any level that most people would pick.

...And that leads me to my next point: no time limit? you MUST be crazy. Right, like even with that stage selection people aren't going to camp their asses off... never mind that you've all but begged for it to happen with jungle and mk2... and people might not be willing to attack anyway, and if both are like that, eternal stalemate. there IS a reason why nearly every tourney uses a time limit, and that's not even just to make sure the matches end in a decent amount of time.

also, just FYI, stage control is a very important factor in an items match. so people are going to "abuse stage position" whether you like it or not, and stage position is important. your removal of any level with walls from an itme match dumbs down the game a rediculous amount.

well um, have fun with this, and expect a pretty good amount of item and stage abuse, especially from ME if I make it to this thing. I want my money, I NEVER wanna rush my opponent, and with this ruleset I never ever have to. If he doesn't want to come to me, too bad, I've got infinite patience.

D

Deleted member

no star rods? That ruleset sucks so hard it's giving me welts.

Y.Linkpwnsurmom

Smash Journeyman
O.o;; uhh wait, its back at the appartment? And what and where is this clubhouse? And those selections for ruleing out those stages suck! Ohhh man, ok I need a few things answered.

1. Where is both this appartment and clubhouse, I'm only 16, and just 16 at that, I'm so hyped about going to this but I gotta talk to my mom and get rides so I need to know where this stuff is.

2. Is going to the appartment optional? Or can you wait till 4 and go to this club house?

3. About the stages, it's only wednesday so are they still up for debate?

DBGTSSJ4FoxMc

Smash Cadet
Hi am new user to these boards been following up on everything...i will be entering as Fox and my teamate in the team vs. will be Y.Linkpwnsurmom ... cant wait to see you all there :)

S

SUPERSAYIN

it looks like a lot fo people have problems with the items and the levels, i personally dont have anything against, star rods and poke balls niether do I have beef with Corneria, but if you gusy can convince him go for it cause hes in charge of that department now.

The clubhouse and the apartment are int he saem complex, as soon as you enter turn into the apartments the clubhouse is on the right and you just follow the road down all the way to and turn right, his building is all the very last one on that road, but you might have to park at the clubhouse and walk to the apartment because parking spots are lacking (its not a far walk anyways).

As for the whole time split between switching to the clubhouse we can set stuff up before 4 we just cant rock out in there until then and the help would be much appreciated.

Also, if anyone wants to bring their cube and a TV that will also be much appreciated, just drop me a post if you can.

Drop me a PM if you want my cell number and my AIM name is in my profile.

Melo Man

Smash Rookie
Let's decide if this is final ALREADY.....

Ok, we're going into Wednesday night, so is this the final list? Honestly x1372, I don't want time limits. With a good knowledge of the clock, someone can make that really work to their advantage. You say people can camp anyway with just stock, but the way I see it, if the audience gets disgruntled, they'll let the fighters know about it... I know I would. I wouldn't be rude, but I'd be like, "Let get going here" or "anytime you guys are ready, let's go". If I have to come after someone, I'll do it -- there's a way around everything if you know when, where, and how to do something, even the infamous MKII. So I'm sorry, but time is out (no pun intended). I will say this though, you could almost fight a slightly similar fight on MKII as you could Flatworld if you know what I mean. Maybe both MK's should be done away with, I don't know, and at this point I don't even care one way or the other.

As far as I'm concerned, the rules are adequate, and if we bicker too much more, then we'll have to redo the whole ruleset over again. So tonight, PLEASE, can we come to an agreement and make this final?

Melo Man

Smash Rookie
And also, Supersaiyan, do you think you could maybe put some emblazoned signs street-side of the building we're supposed to go to? That is, if the address isn't readily obvious from a distance? Thanx.

S

SUPERSAYIN

yeah rules are as is, there not bad rules at all so lets stop whining and have fun with them cause its going to be a blast either way

i totally agree with what melo man was saying, theres a way around everything, ifmyour afraid to advance on someone who is camping, than your a coward as well, so just cowboy up and deal with it, not only will the crowd, let you know that there getting impatient but hopefully there will be some supreme heckling as well.

and i will most definetly put up some signs and stuff you guys will find everything just fine its not hard.

Needle of Juntah

Smash Champion
MW Tourney

Hey everybody im new to the site and just wanted to let everyone know that im comming to this tourney (as long as i can find it) And gonna bring a couple friends. My friend A.Hills.Finest already posted but i figured that i would post also.
He will be using Peach primarily
I will be using Sheik primarily
And Our other friend will be using Dr.Mario primarily

We are not used to those rules so we will be practicing alot today and tomorrow. Good luck to everyone and have a good Thanksgiving ^^

jv3x3

Smash Champion
Originally posted by x1372
jv3x3, that may be quite the most random and arbitrary ruleset I have EVER seen.

first, items on very low actually makes them more dangerous than on low. simple reason is that on very low there's not enough items to go around. You can get to a point where one person gets a good item (say, beamsword) that stays with them and gets an advantage, and the opponent has to wait for half a minute or more to get an item themselves to combat it. This can and does happen, I've seen it in friendlies, which is why most tournies either have items low or off.

Second, what's with that itme list? there is absolutely nothing wrong with star rods that isn't wrong with half the items on that list. the projectile is terrible and its really only good as a throwing weapon, and if you're trying to get rid of those dump freezie, motion sensor bomb, screw attack, lip's stick... and if the problem is the shooting thing we can't have ray gun and super scope... BOTH OF WHICH CAUSE MORE PROBLEMS THAN STAR ROD... basically you don't seem to have much rhyme or reason for a few items you're banning.

next on the random list is the stage selection. considering this is a no-items tourney, there really isn't much need for stages to be banned in the first place - I'd say four at maximum, temple great bay yoshi 64 and depths. However, your list consists of sacred seven, mute floats cruise, kongo jungle, brinstar, and mushroom kingdom 2. now, mushroom kingdom 2 is one of the most abuseable levels out there, in many cases worse than onett because your opponent has to come UP to your level to get to you. second, kongo jungle with its rock problem can have a serious impact, and brinstar is annoying and random that most people turn it off in no items... basically, your list takes out FAR more levels than necessary, time limit or not. Believe me, I can still abuse the timer and drag matches out for my advantage. Never mind that you've all but REMOVED slob picks, making it worthless by removing any level that most people would pick.

...And that leads me to my next point: no time limit? you MUST be crazy. Right, like even with that stage selection people aren't going to camp their asses off... never mind that you've all but begged for it to happen with jungle and mk2... and people might not be willing to attack anyway, and if both are like that, eternal stalemate. there IS a reason why nearly every tourney uses a time limit, and that's not even just to make sure the matches end in a decent amount of time.

also, just FYI, stage control is a very important factor in an items match. so people are going to "abuse stage position" whether you like it or not, and stage position is important. your removal of any level with walls from an itme match dumbs down the game a rediculous amount.

well um, have fun with this, and expect a pretty good amount of item and stage abuse, especially from ME if I make it to this thing. I want my money, I NEVER wanna rush my opponent, and with this ruleset I never ever have to. If he doesn't want to come to me, too bad, I've got infinite patience.
Alright one at a time.... Very low is much less prevalient with no time limit, and the spawn rate is still high enough. Couple that with almost all (if not all) game breaking items turned off and you are good.

Random, check the OC, very similar dont you think?

Time limit creates false wins.

Stages, jungle with the rock is most certainly off. I must have simply missed that, cause i consider it to be one of the most broken stages out there. Very sorry. MK 2 will be off too, although i didnt consider it, for you can control to much area and get items, you seem to think it is big. So it is off.

If you are that confident play me for a chunk of change...How bout it?

Final rules, no revisions will be made.

-Double Elimination
-Items set on Very Low
-The following items will be turned off Hearts/Tomato/Starman/StarRod/Hammer/Mushrooms/Beamsword/HomerunBat/PartyBall/Bom-omb/Pokeballs
Peachs Castle, Corneria, Onett, Great Bay, Mushroom Kingdom, MK II, Icicle Mountain, Jungle Japes, Green Greens, Temple, Brinstar Depths, Yoshis Island, Vemon, Big Blue, Fourside, FlatZone, Yoshis Island N64, Kongo Jungle
-Pause Off
-Team Attack ON

P.S. Glad to hear from other people, ill see all you all at the tourney. Also, rules are fair as i can make them with items.

Top Bottom