• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The -NEW- Florida 2011 Brawl Power Rankings! Updated 5/10/11!

Status
Not open for further replies.

OverLade

Smash Hero
I beat Polt. The results should count.

Also I think the results for Gallaxfest should count too. I've barely gone to any tourneys this period so I dont care if my loss to Hrnut as Falco is counted anyway.

To me it's really w/e. If I lived in SFL I'd probably care about the PR but since I dont my record against people on such a limited basis doesn't even really bother me. Good **** to everyone who beat me and honestly I wouldn't be surprised if Afro and Masky beat me when I was sober anyway...

Mr H is MARIO

Smash Journeyman
here are your results gallax

Snipa here is a link
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=291280&highlight=gallaxfest

btw
afro you would have been able to switch if you were being cp to a transparent stage.

MK just cant cp there. not vice versa (mk can be cp any stage that is legal mk can not cp a transparent stage)
what the **** like 3 people told me that i COULDNT go MK...holy **** i ****ing hate all of you.

Lol okay tommy i guess im arrogant because i don't think a tournament (where i did my best in like 3 months btw) with a ridiculous ruleset that was pretty much anti-mk shouldn't be counted. Like i said NOT INCLUDING ANY DRINKS obviously that was a choice we made

EDIT: Actually to the people that weren't even there, just shut the hell up about the rules in general because you have no ****in idea how me (and seibrik) got completely ****ed by the rules this tournament. I did read the rules, and somehow it still worked against me.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
for the record, i said that you can stay MK if they counterpick YOU there, but then i was told that is incorrect by multiple people. which is funny cause i was probably the only one there who was awake that had any kind of internet access (lol DC). but since multiple people said it, i just accepted it

that sucks, afro.

honestly, the tourney itself all around was just poorly executed by viper. Viper is a good kid dont get me wrong, but i think he was overwhelmed by the tourney itself. I'll take responsibility for the amount of time it took for singles to run, even though i was never originally planned to literally run the tourney, but i knew if i didn't it wouldn't have finished even when it did, but because i ended up running the entire singles tourney, including making pools (with the help of masky, lade, xdeth, dtorr) and making/running bracket that length of time is still my fault.

viper should take this tourney, see what he did wrong and collect it along with the criticism, sit on it for a few months, and wait awhile before hosting the next tourney. The next tourney should also keep in mind the plight/problems of this tourney when making the next one, to guarantee they dont happen again. As a TO, really all you can do is analyze your mistakes and make up for them the next time. Most mistakes in TOing are usually forgiven by the community on a "everybody gets one" type basis. Shining example would be Chibo and the transition between CoT4 and the upcoming CoT5

with that in mind though, the results should still count for any PR related wins. Players knew the ruleset and the terrible stages, but they still came. and because they still came, they were subject to have it count under less than ideal circumstances....this would be true under normal circumstances, but this is a special scenario. There was a clear misunderstanding of the rules between Polt and Afro. Polt only picked rainbow because he thought afro couldnt go MK on a transparent stage even if he was CPed there. Afro thought he could stay MK if he was CPed there. The ACTUAL TO OF THE TOURNEY was nowhere to be found to actually clarify it, so they played under incorrect rules/circumstances.

The sad part is that you cant really just outright say "polt vs afro shouldnt count" and fix it simply, because afro wasn't the only MK who's sets were effected by it. For example, I played xdeth and im pretty sure he would have picked a transparent stage of some sort, but he couldn't. All i had to do was ban frigate and he pretty much had to choose a neutral to get any advantage on my character. Sadly, the only thing you can do is count all of them for the PR and make sure nothing like this happens again in the future

Mr H is MARIO

Smash Journeyman
Whats ******** is i'm being talked down to like im the bad guy here, Tommy calling me arrogant even though he has no clue what happened at the tournament is pretty ****ing ******** and definitely uncalled for.

Anyone who was at the tournament knows what happened in GF of doubles when i asked Viper to look at the stagelist but he allowed Co/Hal to play on Castle Siege anyway even AFTER i paused the game and asked him to check to see if it was legal (and it wasn't). Then in singles GF multiple people tell me i can't go MK when i'm counterpicked to RC. Then it's claimed i should of read the rules i DID read the rules, i even asked in the rules if i could CP frigate (THAT WAS NEVER ANSWERED BTW LOLOLOL), and of course i find out i can't last minute because it has a transparent PLATFORM (the entire stage ISNT transparent).

But nah im arrogant, prolly shoulda read the rules **** you ******s too.

Xaltis

Smash Hero
what the **** like 3 people told me that i COULDNT go MK...holy **** i ****ing hate all of you.

Lol okay tommy i guess im arrogant because i don't think a tournament (where i did my best in like 3 months btw) with a ridiculous ruleset that was pretty much anti-mk shouldn't be counted. Like i said NOT INCLUDING ANY DRINKS obviously that was a choice we made

EDIT: Actually to the people that weren't even there, just shut the hell up about the rules in general because you have no ****in idea how me (and seibrik) got completely ****ed by the rules this tournament. I did read the rules, and somehow it still worked against me.
Why are you using 2 accounts?

Masky

Smash Master
Yeah, Afro being lied to about the rules was the worst part of the tournament

VSC.D-Torr

Smash Hero
Frigate was not on the list of stages that MK couldn't counterpick to. Afro has a legit gripe with him and Seibrik not being allowed to use that stage. Rules shouldn't be changed mid tournament.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Frigate was legal...and it was the only legal pro MK counterpick. Then Masky banned it against me and I forfeited :(

Anyway what really bothers me is how sometimes the rules were followed and sometimes the rules were ignored. There was a ****-ton of inconsistency.

For example Afro in your set against my brother, he CPd you to pictochat. Pictochat was not a legal stage, but after you won via timeout you didn't complain about this. Not calling you a hipocrite because I wasn't there and don't know if you guys agreed to the stage or w/e, I'm just saying there were multiple occurences of stage shenanigans. Me and CO used Delphino plaza against Masky and MVD. Nobody realized it wasn't legal (I was MK).

So yeah... the rules obviously need revision especially to avoid people getting screwed over like this...

OverLade

Smash Hero
If Viper is so upset about MK then he should ban brinstar and Cruise from his tournaments. But seriously, no frigate/delphino?

Xaltis

Smash Hero
If Viper is so upset about MK then he should ban brinstar and Cruise from his tournaments. But seriously, no frigate/delphino?

Viper has yet to reach the manly Falco stage like me. Where you just say "ok MK destroys me off stage but y'know what WE GUNNA FREE STYLE THIS!"

Mr H is MARIO

Smash Journeyman
Frigate was legal...and it was the only legal pro MK counterpick. Then Masky banned it against me and I forfeited :(

Anyway what really bothers me is how sometimes the rules were followed and sometimes the rules were ignored. There was a ****-ton of inconsistency.

For example Afro in your set against my brother, he CPd you to pictochat. Pictochat was not a legal stage, but after you won via timeout you didn't complain about this. Not calling you a hipocrite because I wasn't there and don't know if you guys agreed to the stage or w/e, I'm just saying there were multiple occurences of stage shenanigans. Me and CO used Delphino plaza against Masky and MVD. Nobody realized it wasn't legal (I was MK).

So yeah... the rules obviously need revision especially to avoid people getting screwed over like this...

I didn't even know PIctochat wasn't legal, after doubles i had NO IDEA what was legal and not legal.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
So this is the first time the TOs have screwed you over?

Well its nice to see you have luck on your side. You should have came with us to NLL.

AfroQT

Smash Master
So this is the first time the TOs have screwed you over?

Well its nice to see you have luck on your side. You should have came with us to NLL.

Rofl what the **** is that your arguement? You didn't get LIED TO at NLL, you just got an unlucky bracket.

AfroQT

Smash Master
Oh you mean like what happened at Fuzed Brawl in Port St. Lucie?
Honestly that was awhile ago and i don't remember, but i remember that tournament being pretty negative.

But i don't understand your point. That tournament being bad has nothing to do with this tournament, at all. At best you can compare them, but that doesn't change what happened and how it was wrong.

Honestly whatever this tournament should count toward the PR, but the results definitely were skewed by the insane rules. Thats all im saying, and its something everyone else should definitely consider.

And viper i understand you have a personal vendetta against mk, but next time just ban mk at your tournament, it'd make much more sense, and you can avoid problems like these.

Poltergust

Smash Master
NNID
Poltergust
3DS FC
3609-1547-9922
Afro, I just want to clear this up. If I counterpicked you to a transparent stage, you were only allowed to go Meta Knight if you were Meta Knight the previous round. That's why I chose Rainbow Cruise against you that set, because you were Snake the previous round.

Don't think badly of me, I was only using the rules to my advantage (as terrible as they were). :(

:069:

AfroQT

Smash Master
Afro, I just want to clear this up. If I counterpicked you to a transparent stage, you were only allowed to go Meta Knight if you were Meta Knight the previous round. That's why I chose Rainbow Cruise against you that set, because you were Snake the previous round.

Don't think badly of me, I was only using the rules to my advantage (as terrible as they were). :(

I don't understand, why would you think that i think badly of you?

Xaltis

Smash Hero

Thats not what everyone else is saying Polt.

bigman40

Smash Master
Polt, you should like, read the thread before saying stuff like that. You're nowhere close to being in the wrong. All you did was play to win. The problem is with the rules of the tourney and how unfair it was to players.

bigman40

Smash Master
If he was complaining about you, you WOULD think he'd at least say something about you directly (or indirectly) right? Nothing was said about you so you have nothing to be stressed about. Derp.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
for the record, i said that you can stay MK if they counterpick YOU there, but then i was told that is incorrect by multiple people. which is funny cause i was probably the only one there who was awake that had any kind of internet access (lol DC). but since multiple people said it, i just accepted it

that sucks, afro.

honestly, the tourney itself all around was just poorly executed by viper. Viper is a good kid dont get me wrong, but i think he was overwhelmed by the tourney itself. I'll take responsibility for the amount of time it took for singles to run, even though i was never originally planned to literally run the tourney, but i knew if i didn't it wouldn't have finished even when it did, but because i ended up running the entire singles tourney, including making pools (with the help of masky, lade, xdeth, dtorr) and making/running bracket that length of time is still my fault.

viper should take this tourney, see what he did wrong and collect it along with the criticism, sit on it for a few months, and wait awhile before hosting the next tourney. The next tourney should also keep in mind the plight/problems of this tourney when making the next one, to guarantee they dont happen again. As a TO, really all you can do is analyze your mistakes and make up for them the next time. Most mistakes in TOing are usually forgiven by the community on a "everybody gets one" type basis. Shining example would be Chibo and the transition between CoT4 and the upcoming CoT5

with that in mind though, the results should still count for any PR related wins. Players knew the ruleset and the terrible stages, but they still came. and because they still came, they were subject to have it count under less than ideal circumstances....this would be true under normal circumstances, but this is a special scenario. There was a clear misunderstanding of the rules between Polt and Afro. Polt only picked rainbow because he thought afro couldnt go MK on a transparent stage even if he was CPed there. Afro thought he could stay MK if he was CPed there. The ACTUAL TO OF THE TOURNEY was nowhere to be found to actually clarify it, so they played under incorrect rules/circumstances.

The sad part is that you cant really just outright say "polt vs afro shouldnt count" and fix it simply, because afro wasn't the only MK who's sets were effected by it. For example, I played xdeth and im pretty sure he would have picked a transparent stage of some sort, but he couldn't. All i had to do was ban frigate and he pretty much had to choose a neutral to get any advantage on my character. Sadly, the only thing you can do is count all of them for the PR and make sure nothing like this happens again in the future

i made an edit to my post, so just quoting it so people dont miss it.

and yea polt no one is mad at you lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom