• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *NEW* Official Texas Power Rankings Updated 10/15/2012!

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Cause I get to double check for mistakes since I wrote the program and I adjusted the algorithm to work for smash tourneys?

;)

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
I thought for the longest time everyone wanted him to try out what this would look like if all the old tournaments were taken off and now that it has happened so many people are upset, why?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Drama? Yesssssssssssssssssss.

:phone:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Alot of things could easily have been done without a new thread...

Like the BBR chart could have just been an explanation of the tier list since both discussions are so similar.
I don't understand how these things are related. The chart and the tier list are two completely separate entities with two completely different goals. Can you pick a better example so I can understand what you're trying to say?

I don't see how its even harmful to have another thread. If anything it makes more sense for Sync to be running it instead of people doing updates then sending them to zac. Whats the point of that.

Someone also locked the original thread for no reason and created a social thread because they didnt want people socializing in the PR thread, so its not like he could have posted it in either of those places.
It's not harmful to have another thread, that's not the part that I care about; what is harmful is to just go off on your own without discussing it with the people who were involved beforehand. How are we supposed to work together as a community when one of the figureheads of the community is wildly making decisions without discussing it with the rest of the community leaders first?

Texas as a whole really needs to agree on a rule set and needs to agree on how our PR should work if we want our community to thrive.

Zucco

Smash Master
YoOoOOoOO

1st This pr system is bad.

OK first of all tx shouln't have a combined PR, each city doesn't play each other enough in all honesty IMO, maybe this PR worked because it was different in the past, but this a new age and tx smash is dying, this PR no longer works mainly because cities of texas don't play each other at all anymore, if they do it is rare.

SA hasn't played Houston or Dallas in LIKE A YEAR LOL!(not even an exageration, other than nike)
Houston plays Dallas(Denti and ASLM cause they're the only ones that come down here enough times to be considered) every once in a while but play the rest of Dallas once in a blue moon honestly, Whatever Espy and Kprime ever did to get points it must've been A LONG TIME AGO like last year,whatever they did to stay high was prob just SA local tourneys and OLD wins , whatever they did to stay high was prob just SA local tourneys or just b inactive, doesn't hurt since the PR doesn't punish inactivity O AND IF PPL ELIMINATE TRNEYS FROM 08, EVERYONE GETS MAD which brings me to my later point.

2nd Why da **** all the old gens mad?

You already convinced tx to use this ****ty system a long time ago, we are still using it here so y u mad sons? This is the same **** but with most recent trneys, there is nothing to discuss here, work together? THIS **** A PROGRAM RUNNING THE NUMBERS, there is really nothing to discuss.

Texas has already agreed on how the PR should work, we are using this ****ty program already, why is zac a 1700 player? He hasn't entered singles and gotten good wins since like 09 early 10, all his godly 08 wins were taken away so yeah.
Texas is not what it used to be, players don't travel, not nearly as many tourneys, this whole idea of a combined PR needs to be disbanded, if players want it then ****ing travel, real life johns? ok too bad then, you simply can't have a combined PR if there is not enough interaction between ALL the cities and places.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
Zucco, why are you even here?
Get out. :applejack:

@Infinity: Outside of another circuit, good luck getting anyone in Texas to agree on a ruleset.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion

1st This pr system is bad.

OK first of all tx shouln't have a combined PR, each city doesn't play each other enough in all honesty IMO, maybe this PR worked because it was different in the past, but this a new age and tx smash is dying, this PR no longer works mainly because cities of texas don't play each other at all anymore, if they do it is rare.

SA hasn't played Houston or Dallas in LIKE A YEAR LOL!(not even an exageration, other than nike)
Houston plays Dallas(Denti and ASLM cause they're the only ones that come down here enough times to be considered) every once in a while but play the rest of Dallas once in a blue moon honestly, Whatever Espy and Kprime ever did to get points it must've been A LONG TIME AGO like last year,whatever they did to stay high was prob just SA local tourneys and OLD wins , whatever they did to stay high was prob just SA local tourneys or just b inactive, doesn't hurt since the PR doesn't punish inactivity O AND IF PPL ELIMINATE TRNEYS FROM 08, EVERYONE GETS MAD which brings me to my later point.

2nd Why da **** all the old gens mad?

You already convinced tx to use this ****ty system a long time ago, we are still using it here so y u mad sons? This is the same **** but with most recent trneys, there is nothing to discuss here, work together? THIS **** A PROGRAM RUNNING THE NUMBERS, there is really nothing to discuss.

Texas has already agreed on how the PR should work, we are using this ****ty program already, why is zac a 1700 player? He hasn't entered singles and gotten good wins since like 09 early 10, all his godly 08 wins were taken away so yeah.
Texas is not what it used to be, players don't travel, not nearly as many tourneys, this whole idea of a combined PR needs to be disbanded, if players want it then ****ing travel, real life johns? ok too bad then, you simply can't have a combined PR if there is not enough interaction between ALL the cities and places.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Wow zano you are such a tool sometimes.
It REALLY wouldn't have mattered.
I would have checked to see why someone that never posts in the Texas threads would use "we" to refer to Texans anyway.
...And that sentence felt very clunky. ^^;
Remember, letting banned users post with your account is against the rules!

I really don't care how this PR goes (and it is kind of neat to see, IMO), but I can understand why people would be upset.
Some people do work really hard to get to certain placements, and a sudden large drop or something could be upsetting.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
If anyone had a large drop, then that means that sometime during and after the cutoff date, they started to play incredibly poorly in tournament.

I don't know about you, but that sounds completely fair in my book. The PR still reflects performance, only now it's just counting events that are closer to the present, rather than letting players coast on wins they nabbed sometime incredibly early in Texas' smash scene.
I like the change. :applejack:

Tesh

Smash Hero
Even if the TX scene is sort of dead as far as travelling, I still like this PR over a voting system for the city of Houston.

@ Infinity, the goals don't matter. I'm just saying they could be in the same thread and the discussions in both of those threads wind up being very closely related to each other. Overall matchups spread is VERY closely related to tier position.

Just like this thread has a completely different goal (2011-2012) than the other thread (2009-2012).

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
If anyone had a large drop, then that means that sometime during and after the cutoff date, they started to play incredibly poorly in tournament.

I don't know about you, but that sounds completely fair in my book. The PR still reflects performance, only now it's just counting events that are closer to the present, rather than letting players coast on wins they nabbed sometime incredibly early in Texas' smash scene.
I like the change. :applejack:
Curious though, let's say someone like Zano beat a player like Razer on the very first tournament after the cutoff.
Would his victory be less meaningful than it would have been had the removed tournaments been left on?

I'm REALLY not sure how to phrase that, so I hope that made sense. ^^;

Zucco

Smash Master
There is literally 0 reason to complain about old tourneys being removed in fact a reset wouldn't hurt these rankings every once a while, every region starts their rankings fresh every season(everyone starts at 0 in terms of accomplishments for that season) of course the rankings for the past season are used for seeding. My point still stands anyways there can't be a combined ranking system if tx doesn't play others parts of tx enough lol.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
No one really benefits in any significant way if the cities don't interact heavily, so your point is moot.

@Clover: That depends on their values prior to the cutoff. It'll be of greater significance if Razer has significantly more points without the cutoff, and Zano has significantly less points. Even in that scenario however, the ELO system works really well with balancing out those points during later tournament events because the points would be distributed to each player they lost to.

If Zano beat Razer on a fluke, then great, he'll get more points. So will anyone who beats him after that point. The score values are distributed amazingly well over a long period of time, so I really don't see why it's such a big deal.

Besides, above all of that, this thread doesn't get updated after every tournament. Zano'd have to beat Razer repeatedly if he wanted to see some major jump per update. He'd also have to lose to top level players as well to retain those points. :applejack:

Sky Pirate

NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
@Clover: That depends on their values prior to the cutoff. It'll be of greater significance if Razer has significantly more points without the cutoff, and Zano has significantly less points.
This is kind of what I was getting at, but I also don't know a lot about the ELO system and don't really care enough to keep asking about it.
You seem to know more about it, so I'll just take your word on the whole "it evens out" thing.

EDIT: LMAO, sorry Zano!

Zucco

Smash Master
No one really benefits in any significant way if the cities don't interact heavily, so your point is moot.
You'd be much lower in u lived in houston u, same thing with some other players too, other ppl would be higher (pj, illmatic, bio). It would have an inpact on the active players mainly. Only real way to get points in houston is to beat trela/gnes/razer with aren't beaten on a regular basis; so without interaction of other ppl that have a high score for ppl to juice/farm/gain like you,kprime. The pr is bound to get be stagnant and static, which is bad and inacurrate in this case. My point still stands.Not calling u bad, just saying u have a spot that you don't even have to fight for nowdays since it is only being held/carried by ur past accomplishments since you don't travel ever to prove urself, so yeah.

Tesh

Smash Hero
I don't know about that Pwii. You haven't been here that long and you are almost as high as Espy. You've only beaten Trela and Gnes once each right?

Also Espy is still pretty accurate on the list, you are the only person I could see rising above him any time soon. Last time we had any major interaction between the cities (LSC?) he still beat Illmatic, Bio, Jerm and he has beaten Sync since as well. I don't see how he would be much lower from beating everyone except top 3.

PR looks very accurate near the top no matter how you calculate it anyway (aside from retired people).

Zucco

Smash Master
espy got rapped at LSC, he didn't even make it into bracket, that is bad example tesh + that was a while ago too. YES A YEAR IS TOO OLD FOR ME, EVEN APEX IS STARTING TO LOOK OLD. Espy hasn't played much of houston other than sync recently to my knowledge and the people I mentioned have wins on ppl that are better than espy therefore I put them because I think they can beat him lol(PR points, he goes down, houston goes up). INUI LOGIC BABY, nah but u get my point.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Well Espy's entire record is old now so I can't argue with that.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Pwii you're meat riding Houston pretty hard bro.

And if you want to go by Inui logic, then the last time I came down to Houston I lost to Razer and to Denti and beat Illmatic pretty hard. I also beat PJ in money match and bodied Bio pretty badly. I also beat Dakpo solidly last time we played. I'm also something like 7-1(?) against Espy and that loss was a long time ago when I played as Kirby. I also consistently outplace you at every tournament we've both attended (the one exception is Whobo)

So by that logic, where exactly should I be on this list?

THAT being said - my problem isn't with placements on the list. I seriously couldn't care less about my PR placement. (back when I did care about it I was top 25 in the US and third in Tx) My problem is with how creating it was handled. Can you show me where any discussion took place with anyone outside of Houston about this, and can you tell me why none of the DFW guys were brought in to the loop?

Zucco

Smash Master
Pwii you're meat riding Houston pretty hard bro.

And if you want to go by Inui logic, then the last time I came down to Houston I lost to Razer and to Denti and beat Illmatic pretty hard. I also beat PJ in money match and bodied Bio pretty badly. I also beat Dakpo solidly last time we played. I'm also something like 7-1(?) against Espy and that loss was a long time ago when I played as Kirby. I also consistently outplace you at every tournament we've both attended (the one exception is Whobo)

So by that logic, where exactly should I be on this list?

THAT being said - my problem isn't with placements on the list. I seriously couldn't care less about my PR placement. (back when I did care about it I was top 25 in the US and third in Tx) My problem is with how creating it was handled. Can you show me where any discussion took place with anyone outside of Houston about this, and can you tell me why none of the DFW guys were brought in to the loop?
LOL ok realx bro, i know u mad cause i called zac bad but DEAL WITH IT. Umm infinity we've only been at 3 tournaments together in our entire time playing brawl LOL so stop saying OH IVE OUTPLACED U AT EVERYTHING! A dallas local, The curcuit end one and whobo, 2 of which were more than 1 year ago PFT LOL yeah what a joke, so good **** if ur feeling urself over a local and outplacing me like in 33rd, 25th place or something along those lines on the other ONE LOL, but broski just so that you know we are in 2012, and yeah I did outplace u at whobo, i dont even know what u placed. Besides I've outdone u in accomplishments so why the salt? I'm only responding to this so u can stfu and focus on the PR and not on me. Bio,pj and illmatic don't have that many points so that's why ur only so high, if they were MMS then they obviously don't count for PR, i've seriously never seen a bracket with u and espy playing in it, u must me talking about acient **** again, sorry if it is something im just not aware of if u played him recently, idc if u were the best player back in THE GOOD OLD DAYS OR WHATEVER THE HELL, all of that is dead and doesn't matter, this is about the PR and current accomplishments here. What discussion needs to be made? This was run by a computer system LOL, I MEAN it is not like we are doing a panel or something, if DFW has tio files or something that they want addded on the PR just sent them to sync and ****ing chilax. by ur logic im better than dojo cause I've outplaced him at everything LOL no.... what a joke.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Espy's bracket at LSC was Mew2king and Megafox. Hell, he took a game off M2K.

Idk why you think he's too high. If he lived in Houston he'd most likely be their #4 player. I wouldn't even count him as an auto loss against Gnes and Razer considering he's taken sets off them. I find it funny that you think Illmatic/PJ/Bio would be above Espy when he's consistently beaten them over and over.

Zucco

Smash Master
Espy's bracket was LSC was Mew2king and Megafox. Hell, he took a game off M2K.

Idk why you think he's too high. If he lived in Houston he'd most likely be their #4 player. I wouldn't even count him as an auto loss against Gnes and Razer considering he's taken sets off them. I find it funny that you think Illmatic/PJ/Bio would be above Espy when he's consistently beaten them over and over.
The point I'm trynna make is time have changed, this is not 09/10 anymore, this is not mlg when espy was godly lol, he is only good at best now, everyone in houston got better ever since LOL, i know espy has beaten them IN THE PAST aka more than a year. As of now it is different baby however u can't c this effect due to the lack of travel mah dude. I can def tell u a 100% that PJ has been beasting, he'd prob beat him. SA needs to come to houston :3 huehuehuehue. Taking games off ppl means nothing, taking sets however...

Nike.

Smash Hero
You brought up the LSC tourney to show that Espy did bad, but when he beat Illmatic at the same tourney it's old news?

I disagree with Pj beating Espy. Not saying it won't happen, but Espy is still a better player atm. Pj has gotten alot better, though.

Your seriously underrating Espy lol. Houston poops on SA overall, but Espy is still super legit.

Zucco

Smash Master
NV.

Actually just 4get everything, sync update the PR list with only tourneys from this past year and ull c what i mean. ULL C WHAT I MEAN.

BioDG

Smash Ace
Espy's bracket at LSC was Mew2king and Megafox. Hell, he took a game off M2K.

Just to clarify, I have only played Espy once...which must've been over a year ago by now.

But yeah, although a few of us have gotten better since then, I'm pretty sure he'd be #4 or #5 if he was thrown in the H list.

Paw beat Espy tho so he's the best. I miss SA.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Can you show me where any discussion took place with anyone outside of Houston about this, and can you tell me why none of the DFW guys were brought in to the loop?
It was somewhere in the PR social, it's been talked about for a while but I guess no one ever thought he was actually gonna do it.

Also, I remember talk of them trying out a texas PR panel, but I dont' think that ever took off.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
PJ and me are about even in skill level. We went back and forth last time we grinded some serious sets in.

:applejack:

Top Bottom