• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *NEW* Official Texas Power Rankings Updated 10/15/2012!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Hey if sync just stopped caring about smash can I have this and the directory?

This doesn't get updated he's worse than Xyro :/

:phone:
http://i.imgur.com/FzPMX.jpg
Ironic how some of us in SA were just talking about how you were trying too hard yesterday. But this is just too damn much...
Stop

Sync isn't done caring about Smash, this thing doesn't matter all the much since we're oh so dead, seeding players is incredibly easy since most of our recent tournaments this past year hasn't passed even 40 not counting WHOBO 4 and 95% of the people on this list quit anyways.

Just please... cease, desist! You're trying too hard to take command of everything when you just got unbanned. It's not that damn easy to just pop up and think you can carry the entire TX scene in a few days on your back after not even a mere year of hosting events compared to Xyro doing it for almost a decade or even smaller TO's like Nike and Denti that's been doing it for almost 4 years now.

Especially when it comes to National level tournaments hosted, you've only been doing tournaments hosted in your town... which isn't all that impressive.
Come back another time when you can host bigger tournaments and know what you're talking about half the time, cause after seeing most of your posts in the Houston drama that happened, it ached to literally read through the entire thing.

Denti

Smash Master
What's the point though if this is never going to get updated? While I agree he doesn't have much irl experience this thread is pointless if nothing is going to get updated.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'm sure I made the wrong decision and responding instead of doing what others did most likely by just silently laughing. But it almost hardly matters if this is updated now that most of us barely play or quit. Not including you going to almost every tournament in TX or in other states.

Denti

Smash Master
If he wants to do the work I'd be okay with letting him. As long as he does it correctly it shouldn't matter. What's the worst that can happen. It already never gets updated.

Tesh

Smash Hero
Most people don't even send in the TIO files I'm sure. Updates 2 months ago, its definitely been worse than this guys.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
I don't see what being a TO has to do with the PR...?

I guess it effects the LSC thing, but we need as many cities as we can get on that if we want it to happen, and I AM the TO of Tyler.
Even if some people don't care about brawl in TX now, it's not like NONE of us do.
Much of Dallas, Tyler, Houston, and even SA still like brawl and want to play. They just lack the ability.

I'm not saying sync. isn't going to update this ever, but he hasn't touched it, commented about it, or the directory which he JUST made in forever, nor has he posted since Ascension 4.

I can keep these threads up to date because I thoroughly care about Brawl, want to see the TX scene be the best it can be, and I'm on the boards alllll the time. Even when I was banned I was on practically every day just lurking.
I would just need to go to a DFW tourney and have zac teach me how to do this and give me the program and we'd be good to go...

It's not that I'm trying too hard, it's just that, unlike almost everyone else in TX, I'm actually trying. In comparison, it looks like I'm over-achieving. I'm just achieving.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
I'm not saying sync. isn't going to update this ever
Hey if sync just stopped caring about smash can I have this and the directory?

This doesn't get updated he's worse than Xyro :/

This doesn't get updated he's worse than Xyro worse than Xyro :/

worse than Xyro :/

Anyways.
I should stop posting and do what everyone else is doing.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
Worse than Xyro as in not asking for TiO files, not pushing to get them ASAP, and not updating as often as he can like/worse than Xyro did.

The idea is that sync. MAY not come back. Should he not, someone needs this thread.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Worse than Xyro as in not asking for TiO files, not pushing to get them ASAP, and not updating as often as he can like/worse than Xyro did.

The idea is that sync. MAY not come back. Should he not, someone needs this thread.

u rude, bro

Denti

Smash Master
I know this has been brought into question a million times but like... this was created from UTD zac a long time ago and has errors.

Why don't we just go back to a top 10 TX panel BUT with the addition that every region is required to make a top 10 panel too so it includes everyone like this PR was does. This would give more power and accuracy to give TX the attention it needs. That way people get involved, accuracy is instituted, it auto filters out inactivity, and each region can come together and vote on cool things like PR themes and stuff. We could have a thread where the TX PR image is first, then underneath it we have every other TX region PRs.
(I just came up with this idea off the top of my head so I'm not like super behind it, it's just a thought)

Tesh

Smash Hero
What makes a PR "accurate" ? Why would voting be better than pure math?

Denti

Smash Master
It would take into consideration lack of attendance in tournaments. Like some people can't make it to everything.

Examples: Flip hop, Dakpo and Dojo.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Problem with that is most regions in TX don't even have 10 players anymore. Hell the SA PR that was previously in the works had only 5 people in it.
Also, problem with that is bias. Just like when they used to do Top 10 in TX only, Denti.

Denti

Smash Master
Regions could be top 5 or 10, it doesn't matter to me. Tyler and SA and Austin (If they cared) could do 5. And this current PR just gets complaints and never gets updated. I liked this PR in the past, but really it doesn't seem to cut out anymore. Never gets updated and is FULL of inactive people. And imo, there aren't enough players for there to be much bias anymore. It's really just going to be a question of inactivity when creating these. It shouldn't be hard. Plus it would reward any new comers easier spots onto their regions top 10 or top 5.

Mr. game and watch

Smash Master
We have a top 10!

Xyro you're a legendary TO I never said you weren't.

Running the PR has nothing to do with being a TO.

I like dentis idea.
We can eliminate bias by having a larger panel with people from every city, and requiring they post results/videos/accomplishments for their placing.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
The word panel inherently brings bias. a persons OPINION (doesn't matter how its form) is bias by nature because its how YOU interpret the results/data/info. we have done panels LONG before you new gen nerds played brawl and bias was discovered and thus the panels were eliminated.

math based PR is unbiased AND can take into account for lack of attendance. its just a matter of adding that aspect in.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Lets just restart the PR brand new and bring back LSC. I mean I doubt brolly or Db4a are comming back any way.

Denti

Smash Master
The word panel inherently brings bias. a persons OPINION (doesn't matter how its form) is bias by nature because its how YOU interpret the results/data/info. we have done panels LONG before you new gen nerds played brawl and bias was discovered and thus the panels were eliminated.

math based PR is unbiased AND can take into account for lack of attendance. its just a matter of adding that aspect in.
Isn't adding in the lack of attendance and skill... biased :troll:

And whatever, idc. AS LONG AS THIS GETS UPDATED I DON'T CARE!!!!! I was just trying to not put all the work on a single individual and then have them never update it. We've been falling into the same cycle for more than 2 years.

Edit For Clarity:

AS LONG AS THIS GETS UPDATED I DON'T CARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm really not arguing what's more effective or not. I just want everyone to feel included. That way our scene could be a little more friendly to anyone at any skill level that wants to be active and attend tournaments. I only threw out the panel idea because I think our scene is small enough that panels might include almost everyone.

Top Bottom