• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *NEW* Official Texas Power Rankings Updated 10/15/2012!

Zucco

Smash Master
Build a panel sync, I think one would be good in the near future, old gens can eat a flatulent ****, current players run the place, not giving it up for smash 4 either xyro so EAT IT.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Build a panel sync, I think one would be good in the near future, old gens can eat a flatulent ****, current players run the place, not giving it up for smash 4 either xyro so EAT IT.
A PR panel was around long before 90% of you were playing smash. It was disbanded because the bias was OBSCENE. It is a fact that EVERY panel is bias due to the human element being the determining factor of player rankings. That is why Zac made a program(that CAN be edited if the people feel its off in certain aspects). The program uses MATH instead of personal(human) interpretation to determine skill.

Note: No system is perfect whether its MATH or HUMAN. MATH however is 100% unbiased. That is what we need and what we should keep.

EDIT: and pwii, i can come back and host tournaments any time i want. i could come back and sweep this Houston scene out from under any current TO i want(i have the resources/incentives) because not a single TO in this state did/does what i do/can do in terms of events/attendance/hype. I choose not to cause im sick of this game and the people that are like you. I also want people to stop relying on me because i wont be around forever. You dont understand any of this **** because you are too stupid(just read your posts on any given subject) and are a new gen.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
A PR panel was around long before 90% of you were playing smash. It was disbanded because the bias was OBSCENE. It is a fact that EVERY panel is bias due to the human element being the determining factor of player rankings. That is why Zac made a program(that CAN be edited if the people feel its off in certain aspects). The program uses MATH instead of personal(human) interpretation to determine skill.

Note: No system is perfect whether its MATH or HUMAN. MATH however is 100% unbiased. That is what we need and what we should keep.

EDIT: and pwii, i can come back and host tournaments any time i want. i could come back and sweep this Houston scene out from under any current TO i want(i have the resources/incentives) because not a single TO in this state did/does what i do/can do in terms of events/attendance/hype. I choose not to cause im sick of this game and the people that are like you. I also want people to stop relying on me because i wont be around forever. You dont understand any of this **** because you are too stupid(just read your posts on any given subject) and are a new gen.
Being new gen doesn't make you some sort of plague. I get it xyro, you're great, maybe even a legend to this state in terms of tournaments. You started out well, in a great region, with a lot of great potential that worked out for you fantastically. However, that doesn't make your accomplishments unreachable or untouchable. In this dying game, yeah, you've done work, and it'll be hard for a "new gen" to top it since they've got short end of the stick.
But a chance is all one needs, and you could be aiding someone, not because of the ****ed up game, but because they deserve every bit of help that you may have gotten when you started out.
Like me for instance. Won't you help a starving African?

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Being new gen doesn't make you some sort of plague. I get it xyro, you're great, maybe even a legend to this state in terms of tournaments. You started out well, in a great region, with a lot of great potential that worked out for you fantastically. However, that doesn't make your accomplishments unreachable or untouchable. In this dying game, yeah, you've done work, and it'll be hard for a "new gen" to top it since they've got short end of the stick.
But a chance is all one needs, and you could be aiding someone, not because of the ****ed up game, but because they deserve every bit of help that you may have gotten when you started out.
Like me for instance. Won't you help a starving African?
Im not saying the new gen TOs cant revive the scene or that they cant reach my level of "amazingness"(just like i couldnt reach the level of amazingness my predecessor, Scav, reached) Im just saying i dont think its possible with this game. Here is why, imo.

1. The game is bad and literally multiple dozens of people dropped the game in tx alone due to this. Its hard to carry on and grow a scene when people are realizing how bad this game is.

2. No one works with each other(coordinate events/support each others event/allow time for people to save up money for each others events). Sanji/denti/alsm/xyro/sync...ect have all done or are doing this. In a time where the game is dying u need team work more than ever.

3. The rule-sets every TO in TX uses has increasingly become so varied that we dont use a unified ruleset(no im not saying we need the unity rule-set). Alsm does one rule-set, denti does another, i do another, sync does another. i guess this relates to #2 maybe.

4. People dont travel anymore. Were you around for HOBO 1-25? Tons of carpool People would travel from obscene places(El paso crew drove 11 hours almost MONTHLY) just to play smash. Only like 1-2 cities do that now.

i seriously think the scene can be saved but not grow(to its former levels), if that makes sense. I truly think smash 4 will bring back the fire to the hearts of smashers(old and new alike).

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
I completely understand, and strongly agree with you. I thought you were making yourself the TO Triforce master or something.
We cool.
We cool.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
He doesn't have Courage or Wisdom...just Power.

He's the Ganon of Texas TOs.

:phone:

Denti

Smash Master
Sync, Alsm and I are all using roughly the Apex rule set now, so no more confusion. And what tournaments do I need to send you Sync? I have all of them.

edit: i just checked which tournament. I need to send you BM 7, 8, 9 and Revolution 11, 12 and Texas Crusade 1, 2, 3. There is probably more. Get ready for some drastic changes yall LOL

double edit: YOOOooooOOo I found some more tournaments I never sent in. Ultimate gaming convention 1, at UNT. That happened like a few months ago. Dude, I wonder if there is more.

3rd edit: DUDE THE LOTUS SERIES. THERE WAS LIKE 4 OF THOSE. (I could only find 1, idk where the others went)

Quad edit: I found out there where a lot of holes in me sending tournaments. Like there is no Revolution 1, 8 and the is no Batou's monthly 5. I have all of these, but I really don't want to send them in since they are like a half a year old or more.

5th and final edit: just sent in 9 tournaments and 3 other tournaments pending because I don't want to send any more in LOL.

Tesh

Smash Hero
You mean that east coast player that moved to Houston?

Sync.

Smash Champion
A lot of interesting things have happened this update. Tournaments added were:

Batou's Monthly 7 3/24/2012
Batou's Monthly 8 5/19/2012
Batou's Monthly 9 6/16/2012
Revolution 11 4/21/2012
Revolution 12 9/1/2012
Revolution 13 9/22/2012
UMC 10/1/2011
Texas Crusade 1 6/9/2012
Texas Crusade 2 7/7/2012
Texas Crusade 4 9/15/2012
Lotus 1 2/18/2012

ALSM rises to B tier.
Nike drops into C tier.
Denti drops into A tier.
Infinity rises to A tier.
Disqo Bunny barely misses B tier by a few points.
Denti's new players and from DFW area have occupied a good amount of the lower tiers.
Older tournaments caused a little bit of a ripple effect.

Congrats to all players who advanced! Keep it up!

Tesh

Smash Hero
S Tier is reserved for retired pros though. If you practice, you won't qualify now will you?

Maharba the Mystic

Smash Master
nah your like a high level journeyman in smash dawg. those 3 are/were the only pros left in this state. i would count dojo still but he fell behind the other 3 forever ago on a national level..

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Gnes and Trela should get the retired status if they're done with competitive Brawl.

:phone:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I...I don't think they will come back.

BioDG

Smash Ace
You have to qualify to be on the retired list. So you're probably gonna have to describe your former activity and, since then, which accessible tournies you didn't attend (usually means locals or some other tourney series that usually had your attendance).

Top Bottom