• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The *NEW* Official Texas Power Rankings Updated 10/15/2012!

Tesh

Smash Hero
Just to clarify, I have only played Espy once...which must've been over a year ago by now.

But yeah, although a few of us have gotten better since then, I'm pretty sure he'd be #4 or #5 if he was thrown in the H list.

Paw beat Espy tho so he's the best. I miss SA.
oh snap
real talk
the callout
shotsfired
etc.

Bio vs Espy Money match at Ascension 2? :glare:

If Espy beats Bio he gets to challenge Pwii for 4th in Houston. :smirk:

Seriously though, the fact that you think going 2-1 with M2K could count against him is kind of silly. IIRC around that time M2K was still beating everyone in TX and won that tournament. Pwii, you still got 17th in bracket so you outplaced Espy by one spot because he lost to the best player there. Infinity outplaced you by one spot but was already in the pro bracket (so you still beat alot more people than he did that day).

I find it hard to believe Pj, Illmatic, Bio would be able to beat Espy atm. I think even now, Espy is alot better than you are giving him credit for. You'd have to be making the assumption that he has gotten alot worse just because he doesn't travel.

Zucco

Smash Master
No never played espy asides from doubles, we had a little 1 vs 1 in a doubles match but i lamed it out with nado; SA should travel to houston or host trneysssss, so all this stupid talk gets resolved if anyone actually cares and rankings combined rankings can work, all i ask 4 babbyyyyy.

Good Ol' Tree

Smash Ace
NNID
Garnitrex
I agree that SA should travel more to quiet your curousities with some data. Although, I feel you should probably get a little more experience against Espy before assuming his skill level from some tournament results results.

Tesh

Smash Hero
<---confirmed for Nikefest 5.

SA come to Ascension 2.

Thebest1pj

Pinnacle of Projectile Placement.
Pwii you're meat riding Houston pretty hard bro.

And if you want to go by Inui logic, then the last time I came down to Houston I lost to Razer and to Denti and beat Illmatic pretty hard. I also beat PJ in money match and bodied Bio pretty badly. I also beat Dakpo solidly last time we played. I'm also something like 7-1(?) against Espy and that loss was a long time ago when I played as Kirby. I also consistently outplace you at every tournament we've both attended (the one exception is Whobo)

So by that logic, where exactly should I be on this list?

THAT being said - my problem isn't with placements on the list. I seriously couldn't care less about my PR placement. (back when I did care about it I was top 25 in the US and third in Tx) My problem is with how creating it was handled. Can you show me where any discussion took place with anyone outside of Houston about this, and can you tell me why none of the DFW guys were brought in to the loop?
? I beat you in a tournament you beat me in. A 3 dollar mm in thd mifddle of the night.

Never played espy in toutmey always wanted to.

Guess its time. Espy free housing come to ascension

:phone:

Zucco

Smash Master
Infinity on blast, GET OUT. Yes I've heard nikefest are legendary, never been to one, I'd be down there in a blast.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Infinity, this PR has been going down hill for the longest time. Just ignore this inaccurate list and let these new gen/Brawl only/nerds wreck this game/scene so that they lose that right when smash 4 comes out.

I can't wait for this day.

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
That list is 100% accurate and I see no problems with it...

Yes...

k_bot

Smash Apprentice
My name is on the PR twice. Can you consolidate them pretty please Sync?
:D

BioDG

Smash Ace
Looks like this list date backs to January 2012...so...nothing more needs to be said.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I'm not even on the MK-Legal list. This is rigged!!

And you know it's a bad system when I'm 18th after going to... one tournament in the consideration period and not doing anything significant in said tournament.

Gnes

Smash Master
Infinity, this PR has been going down hill for the longest time. Just ignore this inaccurate list and let these new gen/Brawl only/nerds wreck this game/scene so that they lose that right when smash 4 comes out.

I can't wait for this day.

Should have kept the panel ^_^.

Xyro killer of Pr's.

Espy Rose

Dumb horse.
NNID
EspyRose
I don't think anyone's stopping anyone from making a panel to begin with though.
In fact, wasn't there a panel at some point to juxtapose with the ELO list? I'm pretty sure there was. :applejack:

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
I know I have no place to say this considering my rank.

But if you **** *****es and get money in this game, then who cares about a list?
B-but the list matters!

It dictates how good I am!

If I'm not high on it, then I'm bad!

*This is what some people actually think* <_<

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
some ppl really care about this list huh, or at least really want EVERYONE to know they are better than retired and semi retired players.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
I'm a strong black brawler who don't need no PR.

On a more serious note...
Everyone plays for their own reasons, but a PR list is significant to everyone in its own way, whether they know it or not.
People like to see some sort of result from their attendance at a tournament, be it an enjoyable experience or some effect on their PR ranking.
A PR nurtures the competitive side, y'know?

RT

Smash Hero
NNID
Rockettrainer
3DS FC
4038-6677-8162
Not when it causes bickering.

But whatever, I just wish people didn't let a list dictate how good they are. Like most things, it should be taken with caution.

KoNfucius

Smash Ace
i know it was created to make the scene more competitive, and to give a purpose to competitive play beyond just winning money. And i know some people take serious. i know this i just dont understand why. its just numbers next to your pretend name you use when you play video games.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
As much as I hate being in D-tier and not going to defend my self atm :glare: but why is Y.b.m in D-tier? I just saw him 2-0 MVD

Tesh

Smash Hero
First off he hasn't been here that long and obviously he won't rise as fast as Pwii did.

2nd, that month clearly has no tio files added here. No tio file= it didn't happen.

Top Bottom