• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Quebec PR! Updated 2011 March 18

swordgard

Smash Hero
lol yes.

Secondly, Sword, everytime I see the colour coding for 1st and 2nd place all I can hear in the background is Outkast.

"What's cooler than cool? ICE COOOOLD"
Despite being tempted to say no just to contradict you, yes, ontario tourneys are worth as much as quebec tourneys. Not going there doesn't mean you will go down though.

nvm

Smash Apprentice
Only thing I'm really wtf about this is KingKong going up 3 spots when he didn't show up yesterday. I might be missing something there.
He ***** at last tourny he came in Ontario. If you'd see him VS Kingace you'd prolly understand why :p

Grats to the new comers in the PR but wait for it, i'm coming :chuckle:

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
He ***** at last tourny he came in Ontario. If you'd see him VS Kingace you'd prolly understand why :p

Grats to the new comers in the PR but wait for it, i'm coming :chuckle:

yayaya....people say Kingkong allmost beat someone and allmost beat a skilled player.....but thats the key word here......ALLMOST. (and he did NOT accually beat Kingace)

that word is the main reason why 3 spots up on the PR is a bit exagerated. should he go up...maybe so, but not 3. a few more things bothered me a bit on that PR and Honerable Mentions but anyway..... (sorry Kingkong, I don't mean to troll you in this)

I don't have a bad spot on that PR and I'm accually happy where I'm at............but...........I guess ..........I'm just never satisfied....................

btw NVM.............if you s*** my d***, then I will find a way to put you on this PR. lol

swordgard

Smash Hero
yayaya....people say Kingkong allmost beat someone and allmost beat a skilled player.....but thats the key word here......ALLMOST. (and he did NOT accually beat Kingace)

that word is the main reason why 3 spots up on the PR is a bit exagerated. should he go up...maybe so, but not 3. a few more things bothered me a bit on that PR and Honerable Mentions but anyway..... (sorry Kingkong, I don't mean to troll you in this)

I don't have a bad spot on that PR and I'm accually happy where I'm at............but...........I guess ..........I'm just never satisfied....................

btw NVM.............if you s*** my d***, then I will find a way to put you on this PR. lol
He also beat some really good players, outplaced you by far in ontario and in LBT2 he did very well.

nvm

Smash Apprentice

I don't need to suck your **** to get on that PR :p I'll show you next time ! :D

swordgard

Smash Hero
yo sg you should change the title to the actual update date.
Done.

Also guard, keep in mind you placed poorly in ontario. its not only him going up, its you failing to place nearly as high as he did in a tourney with way less good people. He also beat mickey, dimmy and others in ontario.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Guard if you really want the full explanation, il give it to you next time we see each other. You probably won't like it though.

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
Guard if you really want the full explanation, il give it to you next time we see each other. You probably won't like it though.
but this PR is bull****.... if Ontario counts SOOOOOO much for Kingkong.... then why isn`t Hells on the PR then. he did very well over there. a few other PR placings bothered me, but I don`t want to talk about it on this forum. I don`t care about mine really, its a few other placings that doesn`t make sence to me. besides, it`s only a PR anyway, so I shouldn`t even care...

PS: NVM, I`m sorry if you took my statement a bit personal, I`m sure your Diddy could make an appearence on this PR.

swordgard

Smash Hero
but this PR is bull****.... if Ontario counts SOOOOOO much for Kingkong.... then why isn`t Hells on the PR then. he did very well over there. a few other PR placings bothered me, but I don`t want to talk about it on this forum. I don`t care about mine really, its a few other placings that doesn`t make sence to me. besides, it`s only a PR anyway, so I shouldn`t even care...

PS: NVM, I`m sorry if you took my statement a bit personal, I`m sure your Diddy could make an appearence on this PR.
You think this is bull****?

Ally was taken out because a PR is often used to consider how strong a region is, and how players are ranked within it. Due to ally's special status, he does not in any way accurately represent our region's strenght, nor will he ever be dethroned since to take his spot one would have to beat him consistently AND go to the USA and outplace him consistently there, which is very very unlikely to happen anytime soon.

Now, for holy, me then stroumbert, I think its fairly safe to say that those are fine. If you need more info on those, then il link you to many of the tourney threads. Stroumbert finally solidified his position ahead of mar1, by beating him tournament 2-0. Despite this, Mar1 is not that far away behind stroumbert.

Now you seem to believe you should be behind mar1, your reasonning being that if Ontario counts so much why isn't kkong above mar1. Let me explain this. Mar1 has been 100% consistent in high placings, unlike you, meaning he was garanteed his 5th spot. You are not close to him in terms of ranking, especially with that 13th place in ontario.

Now that leaves you, kkong and dom. Dom went down due to his inactivity in singles(twice now) and his decent placing at inb4xmas. Now between you and Kkong, Kkong definitely has more achievements, especially recently. Last times you guys played, he beat you in pools 2-0, you beat him in bracket 2-1. He also beat mar1 in pools, taking 2nd seed in his pool while you were 4th. He also beat Silverdocs diddy. He also placed consistently well in here.

Now this puts you at a very slight advantage overall, except when considering both of you guys performance in ontario. In your only tournament there, you placed 13th, in a tournament where only PR members 6th and 8th were there(at the time 6th and 8th), losing to SRTM and a d3 player, that were not even UaC at the time showing that you were inconsistent and that despite beating him you did poorly in other scenes. Now on the other hand, at LBT 2, he placed 9th, beating many of the UaC, even beating Mikey, number 5th on their PR at the time. He also beat Dimmy, another great MK over there. He got 9th despite the bad seeding that lead him to having to fight ally and silverdoc very early(2nd vs 1st seed of same region = very bad seeding).
He took ally to very close matches every time too. Just for comparisons sake in terms of how hard the tourney were, all PR members or very close to were at LBT 2 including many non active PR members from previous PR such as Ambrose. Tinman also got 5th at brewin up some brawl, while he got 17th at LBT2. So far, you got nothing on his placing. This is even more true when you consider he beats silverdoc's diddy but lost to SRTM's in bracket.

Now add No waahs 2, where he got 5th, beating tinman that got 5th at the tourney you were at, where he beat TO joe in a MM, beating many of the UaC again and taking kingace and joe to last stock last hit again. He did that at lbt2 vs to joe too.

Now, that puts him way above you in terms of achievements lately. Brewin up some brawl had almost nobody from their PR, and you didn't place well. Place better next time, no johns.

Now after Dom, we had left Agora, Techiyo, Nvm, Hells and terra. We chose techiyo for his overall good placings in every tournament always getting 7th or 9th, while having very hard brackets. In pools, he beat you and many others, taking 3rd seed. He ended up 5th at this tournament, even with you. He was already 9th, so he just got bumped 1 up.

Now, for 9th and 10th place, it was very tough call. Agora has been consistently placing better and better, getting closer to top 8 every time. He never got a bad placing eversince ffyf1. He got 7th at this tourney, even with terra. This deserves him the spot he has.

Hells has been inactive for a while, with this tournament being his only one in months except for the ontario one. In the ontario one, he did fairly well, he got 9th, except that there were only 2 PR members there. Despite this, this is a decent placing, but he was very inactive so we only have data from 2 tournaments, and being inactive usually doesn't make you get on the PR easily. At bisb 4, he placed last in brackets, also with 6th seed in his pool. This showed that we had too little data to say which of the 2 was a fluke, so we put him under honorable mention. Either he got lucky in ontario and placed slightly above what he should have, or the other way around.

Terra and Nvm both have been placing increasingly better, and had decent placings in ontario. However Terra did terribly well at bisb 4, taking 3rd seed in his pool and getting 7th just below you.

Now that leaves Nvm and hells as honorable mention but that are just behind terra. Game-Over is honorable mention mostly due to how good he got how fast, but he is the one who was closest to not making UaC.

Before criticizing, make some research about placings, and stop being biased.

nvm

Smash Apprentice

yo don't worry, i didn't take it personal haha :p I had fun playing you at the tourney btw! too bad i screwed it up badly in our matches (stupid random Barrel and that suicide with Lucas when I had that huge lead in Low Tiers..)

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
yo don't worry, i didn't take it personal haha :p I had fun playing you at the tourney btw! too bad i screwed it up badly in our matches (stupid random Barrel and that suicide with Lucas when I had that huge lead in Low Tiers..)
for sure man, your Lucas scared me quite a bit accually.lol I loved your music on your Wii.lol at some pointe, I was listenning to the music more then playing.lol Caslevania song FTW!!!!

btw Swordgard, keep in mind about what I told you on MSN, your fun to argue with (sometimes), and I tend to troll you on purpose.lol thanks for the info anyway, it confirms the position of the PR really well. but anyway, tri not to take me seriously TOO much please. I may be serious in the beginning, but then I just say a bunch of random stuff.lol

Hells

Smash Apprentice
is there still a spot left in the car ill pay for mar1 in ontario

nvm

Smash Apprentice
hmm atm my car is full. Terra, Ally, Guard, Holy and me. I think you'll have to bus down with swordgard =( Sorry

swordgard

Smash Hero
finally, I can call myself the best ROB in canada now :p
It still doesn't change what your level is though. Titles are titles, only skills and placing really matter, hence why people shouldn't care about the PR. Getting on a PR is a bad goal, improvement should be your goal, getting on the PR is only a consequence.

DarkISDA

Smash Lord
It still doesn't change what your level is though. Titles are titles, only skills and placing really matter, hence why people shouldn't care about the PR. Getting on a PR is a bad goal, improvement should be your goal, getting on the PR is only a consequence.
Beating MikeHAZE is a bad goal? :(

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
KINGKONG .....................I would like to apologize for trolling you earlier...
You deserve that spot on the PR more then me. You can say I was a bit jealous. I didn`t mean to be an *** on the subject. I am pretty cocky myself sometimes, allthough I hate to admit it...... I am hating myself every time I speak bad about you behind your back or not. I`m not the type of person who bad mouths people when they don`t even know it..............even if I was just trolling.... I am VERY SORRY for this.

Your a VERY skilled player and you have my respect... BEST BOWSER I`VE SEEN!!!!!!!!!!

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
KINGKONG .....................I would like to apologize for trolling you earlier...
You deserve that spot on the PR more then me. You can say I was a bit jealous. I didn`t mean to be an *** on the subject. I am pretty cocky myself sometimes, allthough I hate to admit it...... I am hating myself every time I speak bad about you behind your back or not. I`m not the type of person who bad mouths people when they don`t even know it..............even if I was just trolling.... I am VERY SORRY for this.

Your a VERY skilled player and you have my respect... BEST BOWSER I`VE SEEN!!!!!!!!!!
Did I miss something ?

Tin Man

Smash Hero
i know that =_=

titles are still fun to have anyways, dun ruin my fun

cemo

white walker
if i go to the next tournie can i get like 10th or 9th or something?
i am totally good enough to be canon fodder.

plus i'd be like the only game and watch player in canada.

swordgard

Smash Hero
I do wish some people came back for their PR placings though.

Negga, where are you at?

Top Bottom