• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The new Quebec PR! Updated 2011 March 18

swordgard

Smash Hero
THE QUEBEC POWER RANKINGS

The brawl community has recently change in Quebec in a lot of ways. Some players shifted to different games such as melee or brawl + while new players joined the community. More so than ever, Quebec has become a province where most of the practice comes from Wifi, with few smashfests needed due to the interconnections created by Nintendo's online system. Our metagame progressed, and as time passed by the old PR got outdated to all of the changes.

This new PR aims at fixing many of the problems of the old PR, and in order to do so the criteria were slightly changed. First, the new PR will be updated after every tournament. Second, players who are inactive or who do not enter singles tourney will be removed from the PR. In order for this first version of the PR to be released as fast as possible, only 2 panelists were used. More panelists will be nominated for future updates.

Panelists
  • HolyNightmare
  • Swordgard

Criteria
  • Tournament performance in both singles and doubles, with singles taking precendence over doubles. Friendlies and Side events such as Low tier do not have any effect on the PR. In most cases, the people that a player defeats and loses to are taken into account more than where they placed in tournament.
  • Consistency of results. A single recent great performance and multiple poor performances will not overshadow a string of consistently strong results.
  • Level of competition faced in tournament. A tournament with 50 scrubs will not matter as much as a tournament with 25 skilled players.
  • Must be a resident in the province of Quebec

Honorable Mentions

Agora
Kage
Hells
TarexTheRex

Old PRs
http://i49.tinypic.com/95yhjr.png

Final Notes

Thanks to thatguy for the layout, victra please close the old PR.

Fear the power of the mighty tornado!

KingKong_ad

Smash Ace
Finally a bowser in the PR :)
Good job Swordgard and holy and grats for everyone in this
But I just want to warn people that my bowser will go up next tourney ;)

jerry3333

Smash Cadet
There must be more yoshis in this (x

Srsly, nice one. I was suprised by the last three, but meh, they all beat me (but not by much =P)

GUARD

Smash Journeyman
this PR seems resonable........but I know I can do better in the near future.....
and there is ONE placing I GOTA beat cuz I know I can......and I'm not saying no names.....

I better not be THAT confident or I'll hend up like I did against Mar1 at the tourny.

Dimmy

Smash Journeyman
Holy doesn't main tornado, his tornado is weaksauce. Sauga invented the It's not tornado its BBBBBBB combo sooo imo you should rename his specialty to saugacombo. Home of the godnados known as kingace and dimmy who tornado'd phiddle stick bowser from 0-240 straight without getting hit once or letting him touch the ground. OF course kingace still has the title of legendary godnado. IMO rename now or this PR list is faulty haha =)

swordgard

Smash Hero
Holy doesn't main tornado, his tornado is weaksauce. Sauga invented the It's not tornado its BBBBBBB combo sooo imo you should rename his specialty to saugacombo. Home of the godnados known as kingace and dimmy who tornado'd phiddle stick bowser from 0-240 straight without getting hit once or letting him touch the ground. OF course kingace still has the title of legendary godnado. IMO rename now or this PR list is faulty haha =)
I can safely say that holy has improved what other nados did, and that in consequence we had to step up our anti nado game( anti nado game ftw).

Agora

Smash Journeyman
Amusing that Doubles teammates would both get honorable mentions.

So many people I didn't even know were doing well in this list : P

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman
Nice, hope that I get mentioned in the next one ^_^. After the 3rd BISB, I'm attending, weeklies, smashfests and tourneys forever and I am not kidding xD. I got a bit... sad from the first BISB.

Oh yea, Negga's representing =D.

HolyNightmare

Smash Champion
Nice, hope that I get mentioned in the next one ^_^. After the 3rd BISB, I'm attending, weeklies, smashfests and tourneys forever and I am not kidding xD. I got a bit... sad from the first BISB.

Oh yea, Negga's representing =D.
Don't get discouraged, if me and Ally are even good at this game is because we played it to death(Especially on wifi). Practice makes perfect.

swordgard

Smash Hero
Don't get discouraged, if me and Ally are even good at this game is because we played it to death(Especially on wifi). Practice makes perfect.

You made me take a look at the PR again with this post and i just noticed one thing.

South shore crew would be broken.

Darkshadow96

Smash Journeyman

Nah Holy, I'm not discouraged actually. I try my best to actually play really well and I think I am doing quite a **** good job but the only problem is that I barely go to tourneys cause I never hear of them unless Sword tells me on AIB lulz. But after the BISB NaN, I'm planning on ALWAYS attending tourneys to play you guys so I can get critiques etc... And I just can't stand wifi xD Falcon feels awful on wifi and I can't CG on wifi either with IC's.

SilverDoc~

Smash Lord
Myself, Kingace, Toronto joe, Hype.

Vs Holy, Ally, Swordgard, and uhh.. Kingkong.

5 dollars each person, 3 stocks each, you down?

swordgard

Smash Hero
Hype!

Let me remind all of you, all of your tourneys will count towards the PR. This include Ontario tourneys as well as mtl or sherbrooke ones.

Top Bottom