• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The New Super Awesome Oregon Home Thread!!! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Postman

Smash Journeyman
I'll be there tonight, don't know about saturday though. Ratking, how did that happen?

Landover Baptist is completely fake, hah. It's sad that I didn't realize that until I saw a post about how gay people are space aliens. hahaha

Edit: and Minh that is messed up, man!

indigestible_wad

Smash Lord
Ratking, it really doesn't sound like you'll be able to play saturday. And if you are able, you shouldn't. Not trying to be a ****, but you'll heal quicker if you don't put stress on the finger. Especially since you mash the hell out of the joystick.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Ratking, it really doesn't sound like you'll be able to play saturday. And if you are able, you shouldn't. Not trying to be a ****, but you'll heal quicker if you don't put stress on the finger. Especially since you mash the hell out of the joystick.
Meh, not worried about using my finger really. I mean I have been working since it happened, and I use my hands a TON at work, so the letting it heal thing is already out the door. Mostly just want it to stop hurting when I apply pressure to it, by saturday, so I can actually play. As is, I could probably play, but not ideally, and not for any period of time.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Five stitches? Stitches going across the thumbnail? X_X
Was it your left or right thumb and is it proximal or distal? Different places of injury affect different things (especially for a Fox player).

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Five stitches? Stitches going across the thumbnail? X_X
Was it your left or right thumb and is it proximal or distal? Different places of injury affect different things (especially for a Fox player).
Distal.

And Keeper, Think right would be infinitely worse actually. With all the sliding I do with my right thumb, it would be awful. At least once the left one is positioned, ideally it shouldn't be moving much.

Ratking1234

Smash Ace
Really hoping this thumb injury lets me go all Rookie of the Year, and I get super baller steezie, and have perfect technical skill. Then I get the smallest paper cut at the tournament, and it somehow makes my nerves go back to normal, thus losing all my new found powers, but I still win by doing the silliest stuff, because no one realizes I lost my awesome yet.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
Just another friendly reminder about LOST 6, let me know within these next couple of weeks whether or not you can bring setups (TVs, consoles, etc.). Remember, more setups = faster tournament, and possible opportunities for friendlies/mms.

JonnyW

Smash Ace
Just another friendly reminder about LOST 6, let me know within these next couple of weeks whether or not you can bring setups (TVs, consoles, etc.). Remember, more setups = faster tournament, and possible opportunities for friendlies/mms.
Just to let everyone know. Foos and I are gonna win teams at this tournament ;)

keeper

Smash Champion
No one ever teams with me.
I want to win teams and think I'm a better teammate than I'm given credit for. :<

I'll probably show up tomorrow unless I'm feeling more sick. Not entering since I don't have any money and I know I'll play in a manner that will disappoint me.

Peach Masta

Smash Lord
This about summed up Best Bout

Funktastic888888 10:44 pm
(10:44:09 PM): man foos and I's team name for brawl
(10:44:10 PM): was going to be
(10:44:24 PM): G Dragon and Daesung go to the 2018 winter olympics in Seoul
(10:44:27 PM): but they didn't hear me

moochero 10:44 pm
(10:44:31 PM): lmao

(10:44:32 PM): and I just said G Dragon

moochero 10:44 pm
(10:44:36 PM): that would have been really good

(10:44:45 PM): and then they just made our name Girls Generation
(10:44:52 PM): so I had to use the Suyung tag

moochero 10:45 pm
(10:45:00 PM): wooooooooooooooooooooooooooow
(10:45:03 PM): worst host

keeper

Smash Champion
My favorite was killing the MK trying to time him out. The thoughts going through MK's mind at the time must've been pretty funny.
"Wow, I'm a lost using the best character in the game? I must be TERRIBLE OLLOLOLOLOLLOLLFFFFFFFKVLKLOL****."

I hope this isn't censor dodging.

phi1ny3

Not the Mama
I was wondering, if Marths know already that jump canceled grab doesn't work against puff crouch, but dash grab usually does, why is it that they still jc grab an obvious bait for the grab? I would think to at least minimize the risk is to just wait or poke around very carefully if you don't even want to risk the rest, but I see this with even good marth matches.

Another thing, are all character boards the same as Marth's for melee? It seems like a lot of the frequent posters overestimate Marth as a whole ("Sheik v. Marth is very even when you outmaneuver and outspace her, though this isn't to be confused with outplaying her at all!":troll:), although I like the occasional Dr. Peepee or Cactuar post in there.

:phone:

keeper

Smash Champion
I was wondering, if Marths know already that jump canceled grab doesn't work against puff crouch, but dash grab usually does, why is it that they still jc grab an obvious bait for the grab? I would think to at least minimize the risk is to just wait or poke around very carefully if you don't even want to risk the rest, but I see this with even good marth matches.

Another thing, are all character boards the same as Marth's for melee? It seems like a lot of the frequent posters overestimate Marth as a whole ("Sheik v. Marth is very even when you outmaneuver and outspace her, though this isn't to be confused with outplaying her at all!":troll:), although I like the occasional Dr. Peepee or Cactuar post in there.

There are a lot of instances where utilizing a JC-grab has adverse effects. Aside from your example, it also messes up chain grabs at really low percents by adding a couple of unnecessary frames (Ex: first couple grabs on a Fox or Falco as Marth, CGing with Sheik on a few characters [including herself, Ganondorf, and Pikachu], Mario and Doc's CG on Sheik).
As to why people fall for this bait, it's a matter of being on autopilot or being too aggressive, or both. I like to think more people should treat Smash/fighters in a manner to similar to how ninjutsu's fundamentals. You want to lure people into thinking you've overstepped something and made yourself vulnerable and can be punished, only to get a bigger punish back (without being too greedy). An excellent example of this is doing a dair-shine shield pressure on someone [as Falco] only to short hop out of the shine with a retreating dair (again, on their shield). This baits a grab, and if the Falco instantly follows up with a Fsmash (or something else, I guess) they get a decent punish.

A lot of the posts in character specific forums are completely worth ignoring. What do I know, though? I haven't made **** for progress in ages due to various reasons, most of which surround negligence.

JonnyW

Smash Ace

Philnye why do you never come to Bestbout and enter tournaments?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom