• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Nintendo World Smash Trailer

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Wow, look at 2:09 and watch Meta Knight. He falls from the sky, on the platform and.... Wtf? Is that a platform dash? He doesn't have a special animation as far as I can see, so it can't possibly be a special move... Right?

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Meta-Knight looks completely like a Kirby clone.
And he gets no upward momentum from his glide (Up+B? Down+B?)

I'm glad Fox's shine won't be spiking anymore.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
,Something's been bothering me. when someone released that pic of fox last night(which it would take me time to find but i will for those who haven't seen it), did anyone notice that it definately didn't come from the trailer, since it has pit's wing in the picture and is on his stage. Where did that pic come from.

Destiny Smasher

BRoomer
BRoomer
Who was expecting a completely new game?
SSBM was an upgraded SSB.
It's just that Melee was more upgraded from its predecessor than this one will be.
I really don't mind, so long as it's fun, balanced, fresh, and has online, I suppose.

I like somehow people couldn't tell BEFORE with the first trailer that it was using the GCN engine, even after they announced they were, anyway.

Hello, it's not trying to be a completely new game, it's trying to refine and add to SSBM.
That's often what sequels DO.

And yea, I was noticing laggy character animation, too, especially with Wario.
There's still refinements to be done, obviously.

Hoodie

Smash Journeyman
,Something's been bothering me. when someone released that pic of fox last night(which it would take me time to find but i will for those who haven't seen it), did anyone notice that it definately didn't come from the trailer, since it has pit's wing in the picture and is on his stage. Where did that pic come from.
If you noticed, there was a thumb in that pic, someone must have took a pic of it out of a book/ brouchure[sp].

piZ

Smash Journeyman
It's clearly from a magazine or something. Maybe a brochure type dealie handed out at the event?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Am I the only one who is slightly worried by these two truths?

Truth 1:

There was no shielding in this trailer, and rolling didn't seem to be requiring the shield (or at least they did it so fast it didn't pop up)

Truth 2:

They said specifically they were going to make air attacks more prominent.

No shield = use air attacks more

Please don't be true :(

Caleb Wolfbrand

Smash Master
friggen Fox has got the Forest Law / Bruce Lee stance over there. Hoppin around.

This looks great. I still haven't seen anyone air dodge at all... nothing about items or super attacks in it either.

I noticed Mario's Down B looks more like it's N64 version now.

Kujirudo

Smash Lord
Zamus uses some kind of Falcon Kick without fire at 2:10. In the same scene, at 2:09, you see Wario flying away while he is burning but nobody hits him with an attack. Or he got hit by an item or (what I think) this is the first footage of Snake using mines?

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
omg at the 2:10 fight sequence. snake jumps and throws something, it doesnt look like a grenade it looks more cylindrical shape. it also floats in there air for a bit.

NG7

Smash Lord
Big: At 0:52, you can see a moon rising up quickly in the back. I immediatly thought of The Legend of Zelda, where the moon rises quite fast too when you're in the overworld. Is this stage floating above Hyrule Field?
Actually i've been watching again. If you look at the footage of that same stage at the start of the trailer you see a huge ocean (which i think is beautiful).

I love the all the detail they put into the backgrounds! In Melee it was just some flame image or in the case of FD some abstract swirly stuff. You can see horizons in the backgrounds of the Emblem stage and the Mario Kart stage. You can actually see a city beyond the stadium and Pokemon stadium. The structures in the background of Pit's stage. Metaknight's ship flying around in the background.

I think it's great they took it to this level because it really feels that the characters have crossed-over into eachother's worlds instead of just playing on franchise themed stages lol.

GAMERCUS

Smash Cadet
You see Wario doing a short hop! do you think nintendo is going to spill the beans and tell everyone about these advance moves, while making new one and keeping it hidden?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
holy crap, i am glad fox has been comfirmed. also, the japanese site for smash claims they might introduce more info during the nintendo world event, so hopefully we can get a glance at some new characters.

but crap man, snake was awesome! some of the moves looked clunky, but i am glad we got some new info.

t!MmY

Smash Hero
NNID
t1mmy_smash
Look carefully at 2:26. You'll see Link do his UpB at Pit and Mario. Pit will stay in the UpB, but Mario falls a bit down. Fox then jumps up and his his shine to knock Mario to the left.
I like how it flashes. It looks a lot like Mewtwo's teleport.
It seems to still be Jump Cancelable, but I'm sure they've already taken measures into nerfing it.

odintu

Smash Cadet
Fox is back, and this time he's got a fighting stance that kicks major bruce lee.

He's holding his gun all the time now? aww.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
god i hope so.
haha, maybe kirby will be at least mid tier this game :o :o

Snake looks cool, Zamus looks like sheik :[[[

Wario is going to OWN i don't care I said when I started playing smash 9 months ago that if wario is in the next one i am going to be the best so don't even try okay

Elefterios

Smash Journeyman
omg at the 2:10 fight sequence. snake jumps and throws something, it doesnt look like a grenade it looks more cylindrical shape. it also floats in there air for a bit.
quoting myself with a pic.

i think its a landmine, but mgs' mines do not look like that.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
no its not, look closely. you clearly see snake throwing it.
And then if you watch closely it follows the exact flightpath of the ship, even during the "throwing" phase.

EDIT: I've slowed it to half speed and doubled the size, it's definetly part of the ship.

DeadVirus

Smash Rookie
So, Snake: Great or Greatest

RPG, classic crawling, mega-ownage...

Snake...
Snake!
SNAAAAAAKE!!!

I cannot wait! Plus Original Metal Gear Solid stage?! CAN YOU SAY ENDLESS AWESOME!!

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Am I the only one who is slightly worried by these two truths?

Truth 1:

There was no shielding in this trailer, and rolling didn't seem to be requiring the shield (or at least they did it so fast it didn't pop up)

Truth 2:

They said specifically they were going to make air attacks more prominent.

No shield = use air attacks more

Please don't be true :(
They also didn't show grabs, supers, any entrances of any kind.....

It's still early on, and I seriously doubt they'd remove shields. And think about it, what would you rather see in a trailer? Seeing people get hit around, or seeing someone shield?

psyt

Smash Journeyman
zamus like shiek clone or somthing :p

and from the ss yesterday of fox i had my doubts, but after seeing the trailor he looks alot furrier and realistic then i thought

im sad it didnt sho his shine tho =\

Top Bottom