• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North Carolina Melee Power Rankings - February 11th, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

DJRome

Smash Hero
yeah. . .

lol that was @ chris. anyways, i haven't heard anything since the announcement of said investigation

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
well, i'll await ur update then. but in the meantime, i don't want to be the leader. i want to be the only. I WANT TO CONTROL IT ALL! MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

edit: theo, u mad
This is what you ended with when I promised to make changes in the panel.

I would think that you still trust me to make good changes, unless your mind changed after one day?

Edit: I want to release all information at once. Please trust me. I won't hold out on you guys.

DJRome

Smash Hero
oh ok. yeah, i thought u meant you had already done it. so yeah, keep us posted on what goes on with that.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
No, no changes have been made at the moment.

There will be an announcement of some sort in this thread after Duke. So probably sunday(and it's slightly possible it could happen on Monday too) will be when I let everyone know.

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
well... my question was somewhat serious, I really feel like what I don't say matters because of that lol(someone prove me wrong?). And chris actually hit the nail on the head for why pp gets his way, he is NC.

and pp you know I like you man. Look at your posts/arguments when you just started getting good at smash and compare them to the past few months. There's a difference.

anyway i'm done. i'm going to go back to being the innocent by-stander with a bleacher seat to the circus when this **** happens again.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Would you prefer that I didn't try to be involved in the scene and attempt to keep things as fair as possible(by my definition, since fair is subjective)? If you think I am wholly unfit to try to decide/argue for changes in this state, then you should tell me why so I can either fix my problems or stop getting in the way of NC's improvement.

I think my posts/arguments were so timid at the beginning of my rising smash career that I probably didn't want to step on any toes so I might have held back on some of my points/elaborations. I now accept that things I say will bother some people sometimes, so I try to post with at least the confidence I wished I had back then to say what I was too scared to say before. Does posting my entire mindset for a situation instead of one that is more readily agreeable but less effective(in my view) good? I'll admit I have become very frustrated with the amount of insanity the boards have taken on over time, and it has seeped into my arguments more than I care to admit, but I have been doing much about that recently, and it is in the forefront of my mind as I type this response to you now.

I'm trying to be civil about this, so please at least give me the courtesy of an explanation for my inadequacy to be a debater/whatever you would call me for NC's well-being.

lord karn

Smash Master
I think pp needs to be on the panel again because he's the only one who makes an effort to contact me and I'm the only one that seems to know how to do PRs. . ..

lol arrogance

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
being an innocent bystander is more fun.

i didn't expect anyone to understand my post. good stuff dorsey. i don't think pp realized i meant that in the best way possible though. as far as I can tell, in recent times at least, as pp has progressed, NC has progressed. and also, pp has taken a lot of the responsibility as NCs leader, not only through example, but through determination of making things right. As seen in this PR discussion/argument, he's become the resounding voice of reason, the person who will get things straight even if its the last thing he does at 4 AM the next morning. I might be sorta biased because i haven't lived in a "non pp" NC, so to put it simply, i support how its going. All i was referencing is the fact that odds are, if pp had it "his way", people wouldn't be trying to create uprisings in the PR's in the first place. instead, what pp does is make things the best for NC, by giving NC the best possible outcome he can give them. This, in and of itself, should be "NC's way". Cam attempted to give NC its own way, by making things completely democratic. As many have pointed out, that doesn't exactly work, if, for no other reason, because much of NC may not know or care which way we go. I think many people here are, and have been, happy with the way pp has tried to give NC the best smash experience he can give them. And I know that I approve of the effort he's put into NC, and the way he has exemplified NC through his placement in tournament (WOOT HERB3), and his influence in the community (PR stuff, and willingness to train ANY of us).

Being a bystander is more fun though.

PP is NC
NC is NC
NC is catfish
PP is catfish.

CATFISH.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
I think pp needs to be on the panel again because he's the only one who makes an effort to contact me and I'm the only one that seems to know how to do PRs. . ..

lol arrogance
Speaking of, I'd like to pull you aside at some point at Duke and go over this entire issue.

<3 Chris

DJRome

Smash Hero
fwiw, i think the responses i have seen in this thread reveal just how disjointed and disillusioned the state of nc smash is.

the concept of rivialry between crews in other states doesn't exist here. and in that absence, a unity between players doesn't exist either.

im going to go ahead and say that many of the ideas of pp stand aside from what mine are. but it doesn't mean that i don't support his decisions. but the level of disapproval i have for the rest of the state in general is far greater than any difference with pp.

and this pr issue only highlights one aspect of this problem. but whatever. dorsey is right in that any opinion here usually falls on deaf ears. people have their opinions as right or wrong as they may be and they won't let go of them

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
Imo, we're not localized enough to make "crews." I guess that's really only up to people who are interested though.

It is sad to think that all of your posts were wasted when things are going to be different because of them. Had you all stayed silent, I would have assumed the PRs were okay and the panel did not make a mistake. Because of everyone challenging the list as they should(within reason), things will be done to at least semi-compromise the issue.

I cannot help anything regarding another subject where opinions are thrown in, but I do try to listen to(and empathize with) people if they are willing to be civil with me. I'm sorry if that is not enough.

Edit: Alright Karn. I'll be sure to have my copy of Sparknotes haha.

DJRome

Smash Hero
that's probably the root of the problem. there is no mediation between players unless you are there to restore order. it's as if players have no respect for each other and can't have a real discussion among themselves. i realize that it comes with the territory of having 1 player be much further along than the rest of the state.

but i still don't feel that the state needs to use one person to go through for its issues

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
pp can't make us respect each other.

thats just what NC is.

get with it or get lost.

(i wouldn't mind us being able to, but being an innocent bystander is the only show of respect i can give.)

edit: i don't think the fact that pp has an awesome falco is why NC doesn't often respect each other enough to argue with each other intelligently. the fact that we all appear to have conflicting ego's and agendas and a slight case of headstrong stubbornness doesn't really seem to have anything to do with the fact that we have one guy who's really good at smash. the two seem to be separate issues to me. I think we respect pp because he is really good at smash, but i don't think we disrespect others in the state because of their skill. I think its just cuz we don't like how they think.

but i like you all, regardless of skill level, ways of thought (regarding the PR at least), and how you feel about pp.

DJRome

Smash Hero
i mean again, it has nothing to do with pp. i don't understand the "get with it or get lost" attitude. i can not be with the "don't respect ur fellow players" mentality and still be present. again, there's no compulsion from you to make me do otherwise.

Bl@ckChris

Smash Hero
*sigh* idk if that was a successful troll, or just a failed attempt at comedy. that was not the serious part of my post, no matter how you look at it.

but if it has nothing to do with pp, why would you say that "it comes with the territory of having 1 player being further along than everyone else"

if it ain't pp, then who is it?

DJRome

Smash Hero
well, ur right. it doesn't have to do with pp why the lack of respect exists. but pp is excluded from that because of his status. and thus, people look to him for approval. i just find that bothersome, not because it's pp, but just that general notion of miscommunication between the players themselves

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
that's probably the root of the problem. there is no mediation between players unless you are there to restore order. it's as if players have no respect for each other and can't have a real discussion among themselves. i realize that it comes with the territory of having 1 player be much further along than the rest of the state.

but i still don't feel that the state needs to use one person to go through for its issues
If you don't want me to try to help, then I won't. From the beginning of any discussion I have ever taken part of, I have only wanted what is good for NC. If you think that I should just leave things alone so you guys will learn to deal with one another, then I'll respectfully bow out. If you want me to help, then I'll continue doing what I can to keep us together and have a decent competitive scene running. That's my goal, at least.

You have yet to say whether you feel I am necessary or not.

Edit: I don't like leading anything, but if I help keep things in order, then I'll just take whatever titles/responsibilities come along with it.

Lightsyde

Smash Champion
I've read the last however many pages of this argument.

All I'm saying is that I wish I had a .gif of Kevin shaking his head because that's how I felt when I got done.

DJRome

Smash Hero
im saying it's necessary in the way nc is now and that is sad because a community should be able to not have to look towards a leader for everything

DJRome

Smash Hero
i mean, i rarely have a problem with what you actually do. sometimes i don't agree with your philosophies and that's okay cause they're valid in their own light, just different from mine.

i am just disappoint with the rest of nc in their ability to digest any other views besides their own and urs

Dorsey

Banned via Warnings
Yeah I agree with most of what has been said since I last posted. PP, I'll respond to you in a pm if you want so don't think i'm being discourteous or anything. Mostly I was going towards a combination of chris's and dj's comments..... Don't take me saying "you getting your way" out of context(not saying you did) either, because I didn't say that it was your fault that this happens.

Yeah, it sucks when someone who has limited knowledge about what's going on skims through pp's post and accepts it like a pentecostal reading the new testament, then tell me that i'm wrong and blowing things out of proportion when they obviously didn't digest what I was saying.........or something like that.

Dr Peepee

Thanks for Everything <3
BRoomer
You're welcome to if you want to.

I don't remember anything.

I'm sleeping. 6 hours in 2 days is terrible and I feel terrible.

Good night....for a few hours.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
Wasnt melee supposed to be fun?

i mean.... who cares about ranks if u wanna be #1 then play more and make it understood ur the best

if not, play more melee, and have a gr8 time

knowing where you stand is great and all, but in all honesty dont u think if you'd played everyone in the top 10, you would have a great idea of how u line up without needing a PR list

null55

Smash Master
my feelings as well Tenshi. i'm not the kind of person that likes to get too into them, as far as where i rank and whatnot. my goal is just to beat everyone, and if i succeed at that i suppose, if the rankings do their job, this will reflect on them. however, my objectives are not associated with the rankings.

however, i do believe that the rankings are helpful to some people more than others, thanks to Peepee, so i don't like it when i think the rankings are being manipulated for someone's benefit. as an NC smasher, that kind of bias pisses me off. so as long as PP is there to mediate ****, i'm rather satisfied.

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
my feelings as well Tenshi. i'm not the kind of person that likes to get too into them, as far as where i rank and whatnot. my goal is just to beat everyone, and if i succeed at that i suppose, if the rankings do their job, this will reflect on them. however, my objectives are not associated with the rankings.

however, i do believe that the rankings are helpful to some people more than others, thanks to Peepee, so i don't like it when i think the rankings are being manipulated for someone's benefit. as an NC smasher, that kind of bias pisses me off. so as long as PP is there to mediate ****, i'm rather satisfied.
i mean so far ive played 3 good players

Bl@ckchris

DJrome

and Crystalnite

and for chris im more less on par/better but its gannon marth and i take my advantage to be character based

DJrome ***** me kinda hard and i wont make any marth v sheik johns, the dudes good

crystalnite has a nice *** marth, and i was doing alot stupid but i learned alot during our ditto's, i was taking like 40% matches by end of it... maybe less but ya kno

i dont care if PP is better than both, if he's better than me its the only stat i need

AlcyoNite

Smash Champion
i mean so far ive played 3 good players

Bl@ckchris

DJrome

and Crystalnite

and for chris im more less on par/better but its gannon marth and i take my advantage to be character based

DJrome ***** me kinda hard and i wont make any marth v sheik johns, the dudes good

crystalnite has a nice *** marth, and i was doing alot stupid but i learned alot during our ditto's, i was taking like 40% matches by end of it... maybe less but ya kno

i dont care if PP is better than both, if he's better than me its the only stat i need
dont forget about mah falco, boiiiiiiii

btw, accepting any and all money matches vs my falco once its warmed up

Diatenshi

Smash Lord
haha, also, yes crystalnite's falco ***** me, but i dont EVER have a falco to play... so if i meet one in tourny ill hafta go sheik or something... i cant powersheild and no M2k chaingrabbing

sad face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom