• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The North/West Pennsylvania Thread! HSV 3 October 27th!

Zucco

Smash Master
atomsk wins this debate simply because his phoenix wright gifs are better.

Inui

Banned via Warnings

Winstoooon Paaaaaaayne!

I can explain it very easily, You being a superior force in doubles is do to you focusing on it much more. Also, it is pretty moronic to consider our gap close do to you doing well against someone you used to play pretty often.

This does nothing to counter my points. You merely explained my own arguments and proved I can take you in the ditto.

Atomsk_92

Smash Hero

As if I had a chance of losing.

This does nothing to counter my points. You merely explained my own arguments and proved I can take you in the ditto.

This debate still lives?!?!?!?!

Give me a moment to calm myself.

I can take you in the ditto

You see child, you have yet to understand that there is a clear difference between being able to do something and actually accomplishing it.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
The Official Word From the PA Panel

Here is a log of our recent conversation if you wish to read it, we are not afraid of anything we said, and feel that it should be open to the public. It is a daunting read however, being 46 pages long and nearly 13,000 words.
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=F48FUOV1

The Official Word on Spring Rankings
The past rankings made for the Spring season will stay as is. Multiple weeks have already past since they were made, and with no real ground rules set during that season, it doesn't make sense in debating with no basis. Ranking periods should be shorter from now on, so it won't be too much longer until the next period as it is.

New Panelists and Area
We have slightly changed the panel to account for more representation of various areas. The King's Court will now have it's own equal representation in the panel with Jbandrew and one more member to be determined. The reading area is also a new area along with the Philadelphia area and Scranton area (For Pittsburgh, they aren't active enough to be an area per se, so practically anything not Pittsburgh will be OOA for them). Vex and I are still the two representatives for the Philly area, and Umbra is one of the reps for the Scranton area, with a 2nd to be determined.

How We Will Determine New Rankings
  • The list will reflect current skill over the average skill in a given season. Because of this, more recent results count more.
  • We will switch to a shorter rankings period for more accurate results. Expect them to be typically around every 2 months. There will never be any set date for when a period ends, it will be up to the panel based on how many tourneys there have been in the area.
  • There will be no eligibility requirements. The panel will determine if you are deemed worthy enough to be on rankings (especially since some people might have trouble making it to so many events in a shorter period).
  • Rankings will only be for top 10 from now on.
  • No inner-area money matches will count.
  • There will be some slight lenience in the characters played between two opponents in a tournament match. This will not apply in a money match.
  • You must have proof for a money match occurring. You should always try to have a panelist watch it, since there is generally a PA panelist at any tourney a PA player will be at with the area representation. If you are unable to have a panelist watch it, you must need proper proof - whatever it may be - to have the panel believe a money match occurred without any possible false business happening (people not reporting losses, saying you won money matches that didn't happen, etc). This will be a very strict rule.
  • For a tourney match to count, the player must spend a minimum of $10 in the tournament while being in singles.
    Acceptable situations: $10 singles entrance, $5 venue fee with $5 singles entrance, $5 venue fee with $5 singles entrance with $5 doubles entrance.
    Unacceptable situations: $5 singles entrance with $5 doubles entrance.
  • Rankings will be heavily based on tourney results and money matches will hold less weight than before. If I had to put a % on it, it would be approximately 70% tournament matches with 30% money matches. Typically rankings will be made with tournament matches only in mind, then slightly modified with money matches.
  • In order to determine who is better the following criteria are used in this order:
    -Overall consistency
    -Top wins
    -Worst Losses (which hurt you obviously)
  • In the case of two players being too similar from tourney and money matches, then the players will be ranked according to the following criteria in this order:
    -Player vs Player
    -Panelist's Opinion
    -Doubles Results
  • Whatever character you play in tournament does not matter at all. If you are a MK at a MK ban tourney and are not comfortable with any secondary... do not enter. If you choose not to go your main in a tournament set, it's your fault.
  • Low tier tournament results do not count at all.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
your end, its a docx file, u need the newest microsoft word or the compatibility update for older versions of word

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
doubles count toward rankings?

wonderful >_> should never have tried double Falcon for regular doubles xD

:093:

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
doubles is really a very extreme last resort option. it will almost never be used.
it pretty much goes
tourney matches > money matches > player v player > panelist opinion > doubles
only if the first 4 things are completely unable to decide between 2 players (very rare) will doubles be used.
gw - weve yet to determine 2 panelists so anything can happen

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
Alright, gotchya.

I'm like halfway through this panelist discussion...lol, I agree with all of it thus far. Thanks for clearing up that doubles thing though.

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
yea im surprised ppl are actually reading it lol, i guess its a good idea to put it up

i just figured if were gonna go ahead and represent the state we might as well let people know what were saying

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
it's good to have because it reinforces the fact that time was taken out to decide how the rankings should work.

But really Vex? Tigress spam? I understand she's voiced by Angelina Jolie...but really??

Dotcom

Smash Lord
i'm going to move down a lot due to inactivity. As of august most of my time is going to be spent in football, Saturdays are going to be taken up by Football alot of times, and that might be the same deal with Saturdays in September.
*ugh*
July has no ****ing tournies to go to, what the hell.
Is anyone from Pa considering going to uhh Herb 2?

CT Chia

Smash Obsessed
herb 2 is quite a trip, itl be tough to find a ride

and tbh i doubt i want to go to something so big again right after genesis. theres gotta be somethin in july. if not, google search some venues (tip: look for places that have birthday parties and hold it there, thats what i did for the first SatS) and hold one soon, im waiting for Comically Tight-mazing or w.e its called lol.

In the summer though tourneys can very well be on Friday or Sunday, not just Sat. You'll be fine. Hopefully with less tourneys required being at fewer tourneys won't make u drop. Going to fewer things doesn't make you worse lol.

~Nasty~

Smash Lord
Chibo, who is gonna decide the second member as a representative of the King's Court? Are the panelists going to determine that or would you rather the members of the King's Court to discuss it and decide?

Camalange

BRoomer
NNID
Camalange
3DS FC
1160-9836-5007
Switch FC
SW-4197-1438-9208
LoCal will decide their members too.

>_>

<_<

lol

Shirufu

Smash Apprentice
hey, why am i still not listed on the players list, cmon im not feeling the love :(
Cylf
AIM: the1stcylf Email: jlg333
Cell#: 570-730-7057
I main luigi and im mad bored so i think us people in Monroe county and Stroudsburg Areas should get together and start forming some tournies down here since i can't get to Scranton or Philly all the time.

Yeah, im not going to be in philly anymore, stupid loans >.>

TheLake

Smash Master
GO TO SMASHTASTROPHE 3 fellow PA'on'ers!

There will be smash of all kinds!

and food n such!

LETS DO IT!

_umbra_

Smash Champion
soooo... does anyone plan on updating the first post... ever?

can I have my name a special color for getting top 15 at least? maybe brown because brawl is a **** game?

Top Bottom