• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official BBR Tier List v4 -> Sonic's HA Stall is NOT beaten by spot dodge!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuee

Smash Hero
Ehh, Snake isn't as good as we thought he was last tier list, but his MUs seem better than Diddy and Falco's.

Falco gets his butt hard countered by ICs all day long. I cannot see Falco stealing 2nd unless we say that Snake has a hard counter, or more soft counters.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Doesn't v5 come out tomorrow, though? We can sorta just wait and not argue about it when we'll find out within a few hours (assuming they want to be as accurate as possible and make it come out the second it becomes tomorrow).

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I just remembered the same people who made the new ruleset are making the new tier list.

Huh.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
*Spits out all my soda*

Wait, what?

Not Fox...not Wolf...Not Luigi? SHEIK? Sheik is shooting up? No way.
Agreed Least Fox and Luigi proved themselves in tournaments a little, unlike Sheik to their degree. What a shame...

Browny

Smash Hater
yeah lmao if the BBR just discovered this thats a bit of a joke hahaha its been known for ages. Unless of course as others have stated, this is different to the one documented in 08.

also if DMG isnt trolling (hmmmmmm) you say this requires a platform cancel? So its another one of thse scenarios where you simply strike SV and lylat, saving a ban for yoshis and leave her with only RC to pull this off on, a rather poor sheik stage and the tactics effectiveness is nerfed severely? typical bbr OMG THIS IS BROKEN IN THEORY LETS CHANGE THE TIER LIST WITHOUT EVEN SEEING IF IT WORKS IN REAL LIFE. Where have I seen that before.... oh yeah everywhere.

Assuming youre not trolling of course...

Renki

Smash Journeyman
Well, Fox and Luigi should move up, not Sheik. Least Fox and Luigi proved themselves in tournaments a little, unlike Sheik to their degree. What a shame...

My context was saying that Fox and Luigi would be my guesses on who would move up...not Sheik...because Sheik obviously hasn't shown a reason to rise....which is what I said.

Edit: Wait, I think you were agreeing with me, nvm.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
My context was saying that Fox and Luigi would be my guesses on who would move up...not Sheik...because Sheik obviously hasn't shown a reason to rise....which is what I said.
Yeah i know you said that i just felt like quoting it in case others don't want to read back to look for it so I can express the same amount of shock/disgust as you are with this, using this quote to furthur express my point. Don't worry i read :). I edited my sentence better so it made more sense

BSP

Smash Legend
Last minute predictions on position 2-4? I think it's a big toss-up for Falco, Diddy, and Snake.

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Falco -> Snake -> Diddy.

Mostly because Ally hasn't been doing well and Larry won Apex. I bet you those are the reasons.

BSP

Smash Legend
Falco -> Snake -> Diddy.

Mostly because Ally hasn't been doing well and Larry won Apex. I bet you those are the reasons.
That's what I think too. Falco has been doing very well as of late. But as others brought up, he still supposedly has two solid counters (ICs and Pika) compared to Snake's one (? D3, but he doesn't show up THAT much) and Diddy's....I'm not sure about Diddy. The worst MU i could see for him would be 60:40

I think Falco can make that jump though. We can't ignore his great placements.

Blissard

Smash Lord
I totally agree, and I''ve even heard some say that Diddy should be placed above Snake (though that's probably not likely). Also, the 5th tier list should be out soon, from what I've heard (from the BBR'ers..).

vVv Rapture

Smash Lord
Writing Team
Tomorrow it comes out.

IMO, I think Falco definitely should be above Diddy at this point. Maybe not Snake, but if anything Diddy. Diddy seems like he's sort of losing that hype he got a while back and, while he's still doing good, you can't ignore Falco's girth.

theunabletable

Smash Lord
No, it comes out between the 20th, and the end of this month. That's what the most recent update says. Just read the BBR updates thread, and read the last post.

It's not tomorrow...

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Good Game Gentlemen. GOOD GAME

I made you people go test it rofl YES DANCE MY PUPPETS DANCE!

DMG

Smash Legend
Slippi.gg
DMG#931
Such small misleading tipoffs

MAKES IT EVEN SWEETER.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
*watches argument over who should be second, Falco or Diddy*

That is exactly why neither of them will grab second: votes too split, with Snake still often being third, while they go back and forth between 2nd and 4th mostly. Throw in the people who still correctly believe Snake is 2nd and BAM: no change to the top 2.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Falco has better matchups than Diddy overall though. His counters are rare in general, and aren't really pick up and go kind of characters like MK and DDD are. Falco is definitely more dominant with his matchups than Diddy (meaning he wins -harder-). He goes even or has an advantage with the entire top tier besides ICs.

Diddy on the other hand, goes even or has a disadvantage with the top tiers, and has disadvantages in mid tier as well. Let's compare shall we

INCOMING MATCHUP RATIOS TAKE COVER

Falco vs MK: 45-55
Diddy vs MK: 45-55

Falco vs Snake: 50-50
Diddy vs Snake: 45-55

Diddy vs Falco: 55-45 Falco

Falco vs ICs: 40-60
Diddy vs ICs: 55-45

Falco vs Marth: 50-50
Diddy vs Marth: 50-50

Falco vs Wario: 55-45
Diddy vs Wario: 45-55

Falco vs DDD: 65-35
Diddy vs DDD: 50-50

Falco vs Pikachu: 35-65
Diddy vs Pikachu: 50-50

Falco vs Olimar: 55-45
Diddy vs Olimar: 50-50

Falco vs Lucario: 55-45
Diddy vs Lucario: 45-55

Falco vs GaW: 55-45
Diddy vs GaW: 60-40

So basically, Falco has better matchups where it matters, against the commonly used characters, and is more dominant across the board, while suffering two fairly uncommon matchups. He's got Fox syndrome, except he's sooo much better and has the tools to avoid the **** better than most characters.

If you keep moving down the tier list Falco begins to have consistently **** matchups while Diddy has consistently evenish or slight advantages usually.

inb4flames

I feel the list you gave nefarious actually shows the power diddy has over falco. To be all honest, a mere 5 point difference between falco and diddy when being that close to neutral I feel does not go to prove much between the two. There is still much debate over match-up results anyway that could actually sway those 5 points in another direction. Even a stages affect match-ups more than a 5 point difference. So with that in mind, diddy goes between 55-45 with pretty much everyone you mentioned while falco does pretty much the same except the fact that he has two defined counters, ICs and Pikachu.

It just seems like those match-ups you chose support diddy more than falco.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom