• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Krystal Thread ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i disagree with moves. based upon her staff on adventures, her moves should be-

B-Ice Blast
B>Fire Blast
Bdown-Ground Shake
B^-Rocket Boost

as for her super, it is hard to tell what krystal can fully do. all we know is she has mind powers. so her super can involve something along those lines.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
I agree, the picture's moveset isn't that great. It's her super that I like from it. Your basic moveset would fit her best, although I'd switch Fire Blast and Ice Blast, simply because it would fit a little better with the other characters (Ness is the only character to have a long-range attack for B> and a short-range attack for B, while the rest are either the opposite or have long range for both. I'd hardly call Ice Blast a long range attack.)

Or, they could have Ice Blast work more like...Ice Kirby's midair attack (spin around, shooting off frozen gas in a very short range) from Kirby Super Star. I think it would fit a little better into the B> move, especially if she's lunging while shooting off gas (think the above attack mixed with the movement of Koopa Claw, and that's what I'm trying to get at).

xianfeng

Smash Hero
I still think that the fire blast should be the neutral B, because it is the most used magic thing in the game and the staff's primary form of magic attack.

GenG

Smash Lord
One of the endings for Starfox Command related to Krystal (spoilers!):

Fox, who had decided to leave the team and decided to lead a calm lifestyle
with Krystal. Even if a new enemy were to appear, he wouldn't fight, even
for the new born family.
Their son: Marcus, quickly grew up, and the family was happy together
everyday... Afterwards, influenced by his father, he volunteered to be a
pilot in the Cornerian army school.
Marcus, who once admired his father's occupation, with his trust worthy
companions: Slippy's son, Peppy's grand daughter and together with the
legendary pilot Falco once again formed a new StarFox!

YAY MARCUS AND OLD FALCO FOR BRAWL!

The funny thing is that the endings aren't definite, every character has one. But this one is shocking.

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Inbewteen Corneria, Midgar, Mushroom kingdom, and
This post is coincedering that you read the above spoiler.

NO!!! Fox rules! Don't get rid of him! Please sorce this statement and if the sorce is lieable, gimme a handgun with one bullet in it.

I kid, but still! They can't remove Fox, and Krystal like this! Also imange Peppy but as Falco. Adding 10 years each game! He'll die, just like Peppy (probally) did! Thats 3 kick *** charcters killed off, and one kinda cool old dude. Not to metion consider the following:

SLIPPYS SON!!! BUM BUM BUM!!!

I know the endings aren't definate, but after that its eaither Marcus or no one! Team Star Marcus? I don't wana live in that world.

GenG

Smash Lord
I found them on gamefaqs. They already made a translation guide for Command so I wanted to spoil myself.

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
Oh come on, if you're going to post one of the Krystal endings with spoilers, at least make it one of the shocking ones. Like so:

When you beat the game with Star Wolf and Krystal, the ending shows her flying with SW for a while. She quits eventually, but now her name's been tainted and people keep talking about what she'd done behind her back. So she leaves the Lylat system for a new one (the cleverly-named Krazoa system), dons a new outfit, and becomes a bounty hunter.

Why am I posting this? Cause her bounty hunter outfit is pimptastic, and it owns the arse off her regular SFC gear.!

So, what I'm saying is,
Krystal's BH outfit for Brawl!

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
man, star fox command comes out in 10 days or something. can't wait. the endings you said are cool. i mean...

Krystal becoming a bounty hunter, fox marrying krystal and having a kid, i can't wait for new endings

Kal aMari

Smash Journeyman
As in the choose-your-path thing? I think Command has something similar, or else level select is determined by your team. Or something like that.

A reboot would be accomplished quite simply. It's called "make it actually HARD." I can't comment on Command, but Adventures, Assault, and even the mighty SF64 were pathetically easy. I want something of Ikaruga/DMC/Ninja Gaiden difficulty, or at least on par with SF SNES. Hard enough to kick your ***, but fun enough that you come back for more. That alone would make an awesome comeback for the series.

Also, ditch the canon. They tried to give the series a story, and failed miserably, resulting in a watered-down sci-fi plot with massive plot holes (or "twists" as they call them) and a bonk'd relationship between Fox and Krystal (so much potential, so much ignored...). Mario does quite well without a canon, as does Zelda (debatable, I know, but canon's not so big for that series), so why can't Star Fox?

My two cents.

Mav

Furries For The Win
Wow this topic has come a long way O_O

Adventures was the last good Star Fox game IMO. Then again, there haven't been many games in the series now that I think about it.

Starfox (SNES)
Starfox 2 (SNES)
Starfox 64 (N64)
Starfox Adventures (GCN)
Starfox Assult (GCN)

In terms of a series, Nintendo hasn't really worked as hard on this one as it has oh say, Mario, Donkey Kong, Bomberman, Zelda, ect... I would go as far as to say that out of all the characters that Nintendo has copyrights on, Star Fox would be one of Nintendo's least worked on series. Which is a shame since Star Fox could actually be one of Nintendo's big hitting game series if they just decided to work on the development of the series more.

As Lord Deathborne said "Star Fox is in serious need of a reboot". And they certainly won't get it from a hand-held Star Fox game. Star Fox is in need of a very good story writer, in combination with a very good next-gen game.

P.S Krystal for SSBB! At least as a high teir character. I'd like to see her being used in high level tournament play.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Adventures was the last good Star Fox game IMO.
Assault was a pretty cool game, I was glad i didnt have to fight andross again, that monkey pisses me off, also in some video scenes the graphics were pretty cool, I honestly liked it way more than adventures, mainly because it reminds me more of SS64...

Eaode

Smash Champion
I didn't like adventures. But Krystal needs to get her moves from there because they rock for smash. But adventure imo, was bad. When you weren't in battle, you felt trapped with the staff, just one ******** swing. And in battle, there were like 3-4 different swing attack with it, and I didn't like that the whole thing was on the ground. And the few space parts it did have, were a boring linear ripoff of Starfox 64, with no creativity put in it at all.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yeah Krystal should have her staff, give fox, falco and wolf the rocket launchers, machne guns, grenades whatever! lol Krystal and Wolf FTW!

Mav

Furries For The Win
To anyone who spoiled themselves with the endings of StarFox Command, know which one of the many endings is the "real ending"? You can find the endings of Starfox Command on gamefaqs.

I personally like Adventures more then Assult for one main reason. Storyline. Rareware just did a better job with story then Namco could ever hope to acomplish. Yes Adventures in many ways resembeled a classic Zelda feel more then it did a Starfox feel. But regardless, the lack of a good storyline in Assult really destroyed the game for me. There are so many elements that if simply tweeked with, could make the Starfox Series way more enjoyable.

The perfect Starfox sequal? A game with a compelling story line, in conjunction with a 3D 360 dog fight play style (including Tank and Undersea missions with 3D 360 maps, and a detailed land mission play style similar to StarFox Adventures except with more safisticated weapons.

But I guess that's hoping for too much.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
To answer Mav:

I'm not sure it there is any one ending for the game. I'm hoping that 1 or 5 is the "real ending." They atleast allow for another game.

And now that we're on the subject, I have some questions to ask. What makes someone a furry? Is it simply because they like the animwhatever art style? Or is it something else?

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
probalby thinking krystal is hot, i guess.

but i liked adventures. i still feel that more space flights would of been better, but the storyline and puzzles made it really cool. assult came back to fox's roots, but not very well. and it was too short.

but, Krystal for brawl!

Jurlakin

Smash Rookie
That comment was not appropriate for "just messing". People on the internet use it all the time for furry-hate. Just because you don't get us doesn't mean you have the right to hate us. I mean it's not like we go around trying to get everyone to be a furry, so why should YOU discriminate. It's not FAIR.

The Noodle

Smash Cadet
Ask Mav. Or Jorlikan or whatever his name was. Make sure they tell you ALL ABOUT the "community".

Ugh.

Vulpine51

Smash Lord
someone who looks at an animal (or video game animal) and thinks it is hot, i guess. so i am a furry.

I was under the impression that there are people who like furry characters (furries) and then there are people who like furry characters (furverts). But then again, what do i know?

Lord_Deathborne

Smash Champion
What is a "furry"?
Wikipedia to the rescue: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Furry_fandom

It's not the best explanation, but its a start. And as far as the "community" it's no different than that of Trekkies, Otakus, Comic Book nerds, or any other fan community - you've got a FEW really messed up individuals that end up making a bad name for the community as a whole. This folks, is how stereotypes come about...

Seth'White Fox'

Smash Journeyman
Inbewteen Corneria, Midgar, Mushroom kingdom, and
I guess I'm being ignored. In this thred it doesent matter if your a fury or not, just please keep on topic. Furry supporters: Do you want trooling furry haters to appear on this thred again? furry haters: do you want to hear the furrys complain about this not being equal?

I belive both of the answers is no, so both groups please just agree to disagree and lets move on!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom