• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The OFFICIAL Missingno Thread!!!

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
Go check his poll... he puts Missingno in. Since nobody had suggested Nintendo previously, there was no reason for him to add Missingno unless he supported Missingno himself (same reason he added Paras to that poll)

Mud Buddha

Smash Ace
Why are you all so against Missingno?

I still think he needs to make an appearance in the game somehow.

Nintendo needs to stop pretending he doesn't exist.

All you haters and... grr... DE-REPPERS are just people who had your games erased by GlitchMGlitch. FYI, I was never stupid enough to save after catching it.
NO ONE IS PRETENDING HE DOESN'T EXIST.

It exists, and no one can say it doesn't. But that doesn't mean it's a Pokemon. By absense of recognised Pokemon in my team, can I say that I have a team of nothing for Pokemon? I mean, it exists, right?

Alright then.

NOTHING FOR BRAWL!

Stryks

Smash Hero
If were gonna add a glitch in brawl, hell why dont we add the black hole glitch from melee as a newcomer?... u c both are dum ideas...

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
Missingno is much more infamous, and it actually appears as a character. You can catch it and use it in battle like a normal pokemon. And Staralfur, I didn't edit it out because I actually thought it was kinda funny.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Hes still a glitch, and the black hole does do dameg so why not make him a character, more glitches the better!.. u see that doesnt make sense so no for neither missingo or the blackhole...

magnebula

Smash Journeyman
I oddly enough already had this idea, but kept it to myself. I love this idea. He could appear also as just a beveled blur/graphic, that would look awesome. I dont know what he would do aside from scream loudly in a high pitched voice.. not someone Id be dissappointed to not see make it in, not at all.

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
I'd like him as a boss.... He could create mass amounts of bob-ombs and stuff like that, use 2 water guns and sky attack, freeze the character, glitch the screen, etc.

FiErCe_oNi

Smash Lord
its a 1 game glitch mistake that stuffed up a great game. it is impossible to be a character so can you guy just cut the crap? its basicly all spam. it isnt a character, it doesnt really exist. you hav to think about all the factors of being a character, trophy references? what are they gonna say? "missingno was a hidden glitch from 1 game that allows you get alot of items!" its not a character at all, it didnt star in any games nor was it ever important. it was never real even. its like an alternet ending to a game that will never happen.

BIG C

Smash Master
obviously this is a thread for me cuz i wanted to start one and i didnt realize this was here but mine would have totally been a joke and not serious

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
This is serious though. I honestly would like to see the best Pokemon on the planet in Brawl.

I mean he's my fave pokemon.

The Basement Dweller

Smash Master
I actually caught a MissingNo. and it is basically worthless. Stadium doesn't recognize him he is not supposed to be a pokemon they make him a Ditto in stadium so they don't know what to do with him. Missing No is definately better than Daisy.

jigglypuff_monarchy

Smash Rookie
the idea of Missingno. as a SSBB character caught my attention at first, but upon hearing the suggestions for his attacks and appearance...i was instantly disenchanted. i don't see how rare candies can be incorporated into a fighting game like SSBB at all.

i do, however, very much approve of him as a collectable trophy (assuming this new game does the whole trophy jig).

FlowmastaBo

Smash Rookie
I'm sure at least most of you are aware of the fact that MissingNo is not "just a glitch." If any of you are aware of hex editing, that is how a mess of programming is done. See this list from Pokemon.
http://www.trsrockin.com/hexlist.html

As you can see from the list, there were a certain number of spots to fill in the game, and not enough sprites (pokemon, items, trainers, etc.) to fill them. So, as a result, when the final list was released in the game, these spots had to be filled. They were a missing hex number or MissingNo, but I'm sure you are aware of all this.

So, you see, MissingNo isn't even a unique creature or individual. It was the programmers' was of comprimising with a mess in the game programming. I think that putting MissingNo in Brawl would be the equivalent of (excuse the possible poor analogy) putting a ******* child in as a character, just because a lot of people like *******s. They are commonplace and mistakes, like MissingNo. A trophy is ALMOST a possibility, but again, it would be like rewarding someone for screwing up a lot. HEY! There ya go! If someone massively fails at something in game, like Classic Mode or something, they get the MissingNo trophy.

For those of you that actually bothered to read this whole thing, kudos to you for listening to my rant.

Mud Buddha

Smash Ace
You know what's sad? All of your points have been made by other people in the thread.

Vasilicus just isn't listening.

daisythirdeyeW33

Smash Apprentice
Missingno is just a glitch and glitch does somethin3333333333332980uuuuuuuuuuasd;lkf32320983@#%$)DGJ%Jdsj40ua035jAG)$ut340t34jt4320tu
2$#)@GF 4t@$)t443v 0 24@49fjwdf340@$)24Jasd qer2$0fADuwe@57S)tpw
#@R(FAJSES 4#@$ @% S T$^#(E 4 efa$ 942%@5
@309452384d9f30000000000000011111110000000011111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111111000000000011111111111111000000000111101111111000000000000111111111000000001111111000001111100000001111110101000000000001111111100001100000000000011111111111111111100111111111111110000001...................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................................poops

Vasilicus

Smash Journeyman
I am listening.... what do you want me to do close the thread? I still think that Missingno would be cool. The argumetns that he's a glitch, he's not really a pokemon, he wouldn't be a normal charafter, it's rewarding someone for screwing up, etc. etc. don't change my mind. Did you lot know that Meta Knight was made off an original version of Kirby? Thy messed up making Kirby but they had to make a boss fast so they took the original set, added a couple frills, and BANG Meta Kinght! And now look what's happened! Just because Missingno is out of date..... so was Mewtwo!

I realize that he wouldn't be a good playable character because a moveset would be impossible (Glitch Combos?) but we have a floating hand so why can't we have the most classic glitch of any video game ever made? It would be an original idea and nintendo would get a +rep from the media for it.

Super_Cool

Smash Journeyman
Nintendo does seem to like Missingno. a bit. Even though he was just a glitch in Red and Blue, Game Freak keeps bringing the guy back in each generation of the Pokemon games, even though he can easily be removed. I wouldn't be suprised if a new Missingno. was included in Diamond and Pearl.

However, I doubt they will make him a playable character. He deserves to be a trophy though.

Top Bottom