• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official Ohio Brawl Power Rankings (11/25/12: NEW RANKINGS UPDATED!)

Overswarm

is laughing at you
We may want to get more people/ Northern representation. If Blue went to more tournaments/ got around to see everyone in action more, I'd suggest him. But, really, if Blue and I are the best in Ohio we have a LOT of work to due. I cannot speak for Blue, but I suck haha.
All of Ohio is pretty bad. MI didn't impress either, and KY doesn't have anyone. It's literally an open book right now; if MK was still around it'd just be me and you getting 1st and 2nd at every tournament. It's pretty bad right now.

I keep wavering back and forth between wanting to grow the scene and wanting to let it die. Part of me wants to make it grow again and climb up to the top of the OH rankings with a new character or two, but at the same time I don't really feel like fighting people that want to do what other states are doing despite the fact that they haven't, nor will they ever, travel and do well in those densely packed regions.

Never quite understood that mindset.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Damn...don't count the competition out just yet, even if you have Metaknight. Peach is a rollover matchup for him but I'm certainly no slouch at it regardless.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
Damn...don't count the competition out just yet, even if you have Metaknight. Peach is a rollover matchup for him but I'm certainly no slouch at it regardless.
Let him think what he wants to think. He's got another thing coming if he thinks he's always going to be in competition for 1st and 2nd just because he has MK again. A number of players that go to locals around here can beat him.

Kel

Smash Master
Let him think what he wants to think. He's got another thing coming if he thinks he's always going to be in competition for 1st and 2nd just because he has MK again. A number of players that go to locals around here can beat him.
Wait are you talking about me? With me it makes a little more sense. Overswarm is just as much a threat with MK as without, except he actually isn't going to MK legal tournaments anymore. I still am. This is why I am confused.

Luminoth64

Smash Ace
I'm talking about him for sure Kel. XD I was addressing the fact that he thinks that you and him will always take 1st/2nd. I think that may be true for you, but not for him.

Tako: I TEACH YOU AT S2D!

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Double is broken, if you don't see why du bist blint.

and I mean REAAAAAALLY broken.

Plus I love things that people don't like.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm talking about him for sure Kel. XD I was addressing the fact that he thinks that you and him will always take 1st/2nd. I think that may be true for you, but not for him.

Tako: I TEACH YOU AT S2D!
Who?

There's literally no one in KY or OH I couldn't, or haven't, beaten with Meta Knight. The hardest two to beat would be Kel followed by a non-rusty Alpha Zealot. Everyone else is cake. I'd give it maybe three tournaments maximum for me and Kel if we went back to MK. We were able to pick up new characters and still be a threat to you guys; I took you to last game last stock with my Marth a whole two days after I "picked him up". OH/KY are very, very bad right now. I've always been able to compete at a high level against you guys, but there have always been "trump" players that could give me a huge run for my money or up-and-coming players that were rapidly getting better with top characters.

All that's left are scraps.

JTsm

Smash Master
Still interested to see the final list.... but apparently there isn't one.

M@v

Subarashii!
A PR challenge? Is that like...PR vs PR or you challenging the whole PR?

@ Jiff - It's all good lol.
There's no exact term for it, but basically I play each PR member back to back, starting from lowest ranked to highest ranked(or as many that are at the event). If it was Pr vs Pr, I don't have a PR :(

The PA PR is almost a year old and out of date, lol.

Ohio Power Rankings

Smash Cadet
Update: estimated deadline for list submission has been set to June 19th with Phoenix Saga 4 being the last event counted. The official list will be produced post-haste after that.

Top Bottom