• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinxkatrina8

Smash Cadet
Disappointed to see Jiggs still so low, we all know her obv. flaws, but taking a look at her air game, and her decent matchups against some high-tiers, I don't think she deserves to be 34 out of 37.

I think another major problem some characters suffer from on the tier lists is under representation. If there are 30,000 MK and Snkae users out there, and only 30 Jiggly users, of course Snake and MK are going to be higher ranked.

Personally, I'd move Jiggs up to E, or even bottom D tier, simply because of her air game, I'd move Lucas up a couple of spots, take Sonic back down, and move PT down a couple notches. It's pretty lame that some characters move up simply because they're counters to MK or Snake.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
Disappointed to see Jiggs still so low, we all know her obv. flaws, but taking a look at her air game, and her decent matchups against some high-tiers, I don't think she deserves to be 34 out of 37.

I think another major problem some characters suffer from on the tier lists is under representation. If there are 30,000 MK and Snkae users out there, and only 30 Jiggly users, of course Snake and MK are going to be higher ranked.

Personally, I'd move Jiggs up to E, or even bottom D tier, simply because of her air game, I'd move Lucas up a couple of spots, take Sonic back down, and move PT down a couple notches. It's pretty lame that some characters move up simply because they're counters to MK or Snake.
IMO, Jigglypuff should be bottom of E Tier. SHe's not D tier material though.

And really, the main reason she's under-represented is that Wario does everything she does and a lot more, so anybody who would be able to use Jigglypuff well used Wario instead.

As for the other stuff, Lucas and PT should move up, but Sonic is fine where he is now.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Jinx come to WABA tournies in Duluth GA! :)

Lol back on topic

Jiggz will never get that high, good air but bad range to soo easily punish.

Lucas......ummm i don't think so grab release sucks.

PT i have nothing to say but if I do I have a feeling Reflex will 3-stock me T.T

And that's a big deal if they counter Snake or MK, it basically says this character will place higher because he/she can beat the most abuse characters.

Jinxkatrina8

Smash Cadet
Jinx come to WABA tournies in Duluth GA! :)

Lol back on topic

Jiggz will never get that high, good air but bad range to soo easily punish.

Lucas......ummm i don't think so grab release sucks.

PT i have nothing to say but if I do I have a feeling Reflex will 3-stock me T.T

And that's a big deal if they counter Snake or MK, it basically says this character will place higher because he/she can beat the most abuse characters.

Duluth Minnesota, lol :p I wish I lived in Georgia though (hates snow, ice, etc...)

I think that MUs against Snake and MK are waaay too overrated when it comes to rankings, but unfortunately since they're SO ****ING OVERUSED (and cheap), I suppose we're forced to look at any characters MU with Snake or MK.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing some more in-depth "sub tiers" that take a look at air game, ground game, etc. Also, I don't think it's completely fair to judge bottom tier characters on their performance with S tiers, obviously they're not going to work out well :p

Meh, I suppose I'm just a bit tired of high tier characters overshadowing everyone else. I like the idea of "low-tier" tourneys, and i hope they get a bit more popular, but in the end I think people put a bit too much stock in tiers. If a character is placed in the bottom of a tier, it can and will be pretty damaging, as not very many people will continue to use them.

When it comes to brawling, I put more stock in individual MUs than tiers.

Conviction

Human Nature
3DS FC
1907-8951-4471
Duluth Minnesota, lol :p I wish I lived in Georgia though (hates snow, ice, etc...)

I think that MUs against Snake and MK are waaay too overrated when it comes to rankings, but unfortunately since they're SO ****ING OVERUSED (and cheap), I suppose we're forced to look at any characters MU with Snake or MK.

Personally, I wouldn't mind seeing some more in-depth "sub tiers" that take a look at air game, ground game, etc. Also, I don't think it's completely fair to judge bottom tier characters on their performance with S tiers, obviously they're not going to work out well :p

Meh, I suppose I'm just a bit tired of high tier characters overshadowing everyone else. I like the idea of "low-tier" tourneys, and i hope they get a bit more popular, but in the end I think people put a bit too much stock in tiers. If a character is placed in the bottom of a tier, it can and will be pretty damaging, as not very many people will continue to use them.

When it comes to brawling, I put more stock in individual MUs than tiers.
Tiers are partly based on MU's

The character with better MUs (MK) is usually higher.

Example: Gdorf is last, is hard countered by almost everyone.

Example 2: MK is first, almost hard counters everybody.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
Example 2: MK is first, almost hard counters everybody.
Nope, he doesn't hard-counter everyone. That would mean that MK can easily beat everyone, but as we've seen, even the best MK has had trouble against other top-player mainers (Wario, Diddy Kong, Falco, Ice Climbers, Snake, for example).

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
you named all top and high tier characters...

not to mention the fact that he only said thatfor the sake of having a statement that was opposite the 'ganon gets *****' comment.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

not to mention the fact that he only said thatfor the sake of having a statement that was opposite the 'ganon gets *****' comment.
I'll name some lower tiered characters that aren't buttraped.

Pikachu, Olimar, Lucario, Zero suit Samus, Kirby, Lucario, Pit, Donkey Kong, Peach, Fox, Sonic, Sheik, Pokemon Trainer, Ness(Debatable), Lucas(Debatable), Jigglypuff (Debatable), Yoshi(Debatable),

He is the best character, but he doesn't hard counter a majority of the cast. If they lose to him worse it's because they suck, Link, Falcon, Ganondorf; or they have tools that aren't good in the MU, R.O.B., Toon Link.

smashkng

Smash Lord
NNID
Smashsk
3DS FC
0318-7423-9293

Pikachu, Olimar, Lucario, Zero suit Samus, Kirby, Lucario, Pit, Donkey Kong, Peach, Fox, Sonic, Sheik, Pokemon Trainer, Ness(Debatable), Lucas(Debatable), Jigglypuff (Debatable), Yoshi(Debatable),

He is the best character, but he doesn't hard counter a majority of the cast. If they lose to him worse it's because they suck, Link, Falcon, Ganondorf; or they have tools that aren't good in the MU, R.O.B., Toon Link.
Don't forget Olimar, when he's offstage against MK he is almost always dead.

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820

Who cares? The point was that the statement said "MK almost hard-counters everybody", meaning that everyone on the board is almost hard-countered. I fixed it up a bit by bringing prime examples, being them top/high tier or not. Want a non-top tier example? cough ZSS cough

But prove my point they do well against MK so they made it somewhere on the tier list.
They do better than the majority of the cast against everyone as a whole, and end up being your best bets at winning tourneys if that's what you want. ROB is A tier and his worst MU is MK, while ZSS is at a slight disadvantage and is B tier. I dunno, something's fishy here~! ;)

Terios the Hedgehog

Smash Hero
Terios does Sonic counter Snake? I rather hear from a Sonic main?
I main Sonic and secondary Snake lol

Snake beats Sonic. Snake only loses when he loses his cool or he's straight up getting outplayed. Between being able to shield to nade any spin(and also if Sonic cancels a spin and grabs his only SAFE throw is Bthrow which puts the two at a neutral position) and the fact that Snake's Pivot grab is NUTS he takes it.

I probably shouldn't put it like THAT. I think it's 6:4 Snake.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
Terios does Sonic counter Snake? I rather hear from a Sonic main?
sonic gets wrecked by snake, he can hold the A button and beat the majority of sonics moves, grenade can lower sonics manuverability (tho not stop it entirely) and at close range sonic gets destroyed by jabs and tilts since he doesnt really have anything that can put out damage at that range like snakes tilts, and doesnt really have any physical attacks that can compete with snake speed in that range either. theres a very sizable range in front of snake where everything sonic does will either get out ranged out sped.

sonics really only saving grace is that hes one of the best characters in the game at the 'snake's cypher' minigame in brawl

pikachu, olimar, lucario, ZSS, and kirby are not "lower tiered" and even still, they mostly get torched when mk plays against the character correctly.

pit gets boned by mk,
DK gets nado *****.
fox gets gimped

I could go on and on, but all of this is besides the point, iblis was only trying to say, that ganon is the worst because he has the worst matchups, and MK is the best because he has the best matchups.

True, but Olimar is very hard to get off-stage if he plays gay enough.

so is link...

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
pikachu, olimar, lucario, ZSS, and kirby are not "lower tiered" and even still, they mostly get torched when mk plays against the character correctly.
They are lower tiered compared to the other characters listed before, and no they don't get LOLRAPED.

pit gets boned by mk,
DK gets nado *****.
fox gets gimped
Pit is debatable, bad DK's get ruined by tornado alone, Fox is about as gimp-able as Falco is if not better in some cases.

I could go on and on, but all of this is besides the point, iblis was only trying to say, that ganon is the worst because he has the worst matchups, and MK is the best because he has the best matchups.
I'm pretty sure most people recognize this.

so is link...
His recovery is still bad, Link has one of the worst if not the worst recoveries in the game. Ironic he can live almost as long as
Snake in terms of living by %.

Yeah, given the opponent is colorblind.

Sadly enough, that seems to be the case most of the time.
Which makes it even funnier when it happens.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
so is link...[/COLOR]
Yeah, but even if Link had an OK recovery, he still wouldn't be all that great. He'd be better certainly, but he'd still be quite low on the tier list.

Olimar can, depending on who he's playing against, make his opponent struggle to even touch him, let alone knock him off-stage. I'm pretty sure that Olimar does that better than Link does.

-Mars-

Smash Hero
If Link had a good recovery, he would be mid tier imo. Link actually has a good zoning game and create a lot of mini-traps with his wall of projectiles. He lives forever, has several moves that are safe on block, and has disjoints and good KO power.

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
I don't really understand how Link can live forever and yet have a bad recovery. I guess it might be possible to say that percentage wise, he lives for a long time. But if he's pretty far horizontally away from the stage, regardless of percentage, then he's pretty screwed.

Nidtendofreak

Smash Hero
NNID
TheNiddo
3DS FC
3668-7651-8940
sonic gets wrecked by snake, he can hold the A button and beat the majority of sonics moves, grenade can lower sonics manuverability (tho not stop it entirely) and at close range sonic gets destroyed by jabs and tilts since he doesnt really have anything that can put out damage at that range like snakes tilts, and doesnt really have any physical attacks that can compete with snake speed in that range either. theres a very sizable range in front of snake where everything sonic does will either get out ranged out sped.
Espy sent Razor to losers in the latest HOBO though. :laugh:

Masterchef1123

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, but even if Link had an OK recovery, he still wouldn't be all that great. He'd be better certainly, but he'd still be quite low on the tier list.

Olimar can, depending on who he's playing against, make his opponent struggle to even touch him, let alone knock him off-stage. I'm pretty sure that Olimar does that better than Link does.
At least Link can live longer than Olimar.
Olimar may have a good game play, but all in all he still won't last long.
Being he's not fast.
He has terrible smash attacks
and the pikmin aren't even that strong besides purple

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
"Terrible"?

I always considered them at least "good", regardless of the fact they're all basically the same move.

*throws Pikmin in a direction*

Col. Stauffenberg

Smash Lord
Because that makes up for all the other accounts of snake winning vs sonic obviously >.>
Don't you know how it works?

Every single time a noted MK or Snake loses to an uncommon character, it means that character is a MK/Snake counter.

They have so many counters by now I'm baffled as to how they're top tier!

D

Deleted member

Sonic ***** snake
Just look at espy
NO NOT THAT RESULT
He loses in that one :(

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
brand new development.

Sonic is also some how a pro at camping snake as well.

I plan to disect espys vids throughly when they come out...

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't really understand how Link can live forever and yet have a bad recovery. I guess it might be possible to say that percentage wise, he lives for a long time. But if he's pretty far horizontally away from the stage, regardless of percentage, then he's pretty screwed.
As long as the trajectory isn't something like Zelda's Dsmash he can recover. Trust me Link can live for quite a while.

As long as people don't try to gimp him.

Blackrider213

Smash Apprentice
When I posted, I was assuming that there was an opponent that could prevent Link from recovering. But you are right. He can survive with good DI and I'd agree that he lives for a long time. But this only counts if there is no attempt made by the opponent to stop him from recovering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom