• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR-B Brawl Tier List v3.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Miley Cyrus needs to GITK... (along with Nana)

Kenny Chesney for SS tier... not stopping till he makes it!
Nah you trippin!

Chris Brown is up above him along with Dautry. Kanye West I predict is going to drop however.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Pleease shes good but I dont think shes breaking top 5. Kelly Clarkson still out shines her. Her offensive game is too good.

At least Taylor Swift has a mad good recovery, helps against Kanye Wests awesome offensive/gimp game.

highfive

Smash Lord
Pleease shes good but I dont think shes breaking top 5. Kelly Clarkson still out shines her. Her offensive game is too good.

At least Taylor Swift has a mad good recovery, helps against Kanye Wests awesome offensive/gimp game.
Are you mad? Halle Berry's offensive is only rivaled by Pamela Anderson's. Halle Berry can stomp over any opponent while on the rag.

zeldspazz

Smash Master
Are you mad? Halle Berry's offensive is only rivaled by Pamela Anderson's. Halle Berry can stomp over any opponent while on the rag.
But her defensive game is extremely lacking. Halle Berry has horrible matchups against a few top tiers as well like Rihanna.

However speaking of her the Rihanna vs. Chris Brown MU is getting better I heard despite it being set at 35:65 in the past.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Olimar

Thes characters all have incredible strenghths (zss' aerial/combo game, pikachu's mobility and chaingrab game, olimar's grab game, etc) but are offset by crippling matchups in the tiers above them and perhaps even crippling weaknesses (ZSS vs. Falco, Pikachu vs. Marth). They are characters worthy of high tier if not for unfortunate weaknesses they just happen to have.
Olimar has more or less a fairly even spread of matchups across the cast. He goes around even-ish with most of the top tier characters, usually losing matchups by a small margin, and just winning others by about the same amount. *shrugs* None of his matchups with the top tiers are terribly difficult to win besides maybe the swordies. ;/ Against the middle and middle-low tier characters he has a surprising amount of even, slightly disadvantageous, and slightly advantageous matchups.

And it's more than partly because his strengths and weaknesses are so uniquely unbalanced and tangled up- not to mention fighting him is like playing a different game altogether. :dizzy: His weaknesses are horrible, and his strengths are amazing. There's not a lot of mediums. If your character excels at taking advantage of just one of those blatant weaknesses, and can deal everything else, it's probably one of his disadvantaged matchups. ;/

For example, a usually very defining strength in range on Olimar can be dismantled by a character able to maneuver through his 45 degree angle blindspot easily, despite that character having a vast range disadvantage. (i.e. Luigi, and in his case having bad air speed as well.)

That's my take. :p

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
What makes you think that he should drop at all? IMO, he should rise a couple of spots. If you have a solid secondary for DDD, and to a lesser extent Wario (ICs are tough but doable), Donkey Kong is definitely tourney viable. Besides, who below him is worthy of rising above him in the tier list?
But you don't consider secondaries in the tier list. If that would be the case everyone could be the same tier, because everyone can have MK as a secondary...
Donkey Kong loses pretty badly to D3 and Wah-wah-wario, but he's too low, imho, for someone with only a couple or so bad MUs like that. G&W loses to MK, Marth, Snake, and Diddy iirc, and he's much higher up than DK. Granted, GW kills the rest of the roster more than DK might, but Donkey Kong's still an underestimated character.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
However speaking of her the Rihanna vs. Chris Brown MU is getting better I heard despite it being set at 35:65 in the past.

I dont know where youre getting your info from, but the Cbrown/rihanna matchup was deffinitely 100-0 initially, but then Rihanna came out with this CRAZY AT called litigation, and it swung it to a matchup thats almost in her favor...

also, DK is the character in his tier that seems to have most earned a noticible tier position raise

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
You guys missed the point completely. But while we're here, ZSS can't reliably gimp Link or even mess with him offstage so there's at least one character who can't.
reliably gimp? maybe not. doesn't change the fact that it only takes one hit, and if link attacks or airdodges he risks having to recover low. just being off stage with link is enough to "mess with" him

LanceStern

Smash Lord
For example, a usually very defining strength in range on Olimar can be dismantled by a character able to maneuver through his 45 degree angle blindspot easily, despite that character having a vast range disadvantage. (i.e. Luigi, and in his case having bad air speed as well.)

I don't see any blindspot. He can just use his disjointed uair or nair or fair to cover that.

demonictoonlink

Smash Master
DK is so stupidly low where he is lol. I know tier lists aren't really meant to factor it in, but given that the DK uses a second for DDD and maybe for tornado he's great.

Rihanna.

BSP

Smash Legend

I don't think dismantled is the right word, considering Luigi is the example. How exactly can Luigi exploit this?

BSP

Smash Legend
Are you positive that it goes through everything? Even purple and yellow smashes? And couldn't oli just run away and pivot grab? If luigi's close enough to nair, he's close enough to get grabbed.

Suspect

Smash Hero
Boss has been doing extremely well with luigi and mario, mostly luigi. I think luigi should rise a lil bit.

Biglou also, shout out to Niglou

DK should rise

Kirby should drop

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

I dont know where youre getting your info from, but the Cbrown/rihanna matchup was deffinitely 100-0 initially, but then Rihanna came out with this CRAZY AT called litigation, and it swung it to a matchup thats almost in her favor...

also, DK is the character in his tier that seems to have most earned a noticible tier position raise
You forgot, she counter-picked him to "really bad PR" and now it's at least 65-35.

By tat logic everyone should be top tier because of the secndary you can use for their bad matchups.
But the number should be accounted for.

"For one MU" =/= "for 60% of MUs"

Especially when that one MU isn't MK.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Which s the same as ignoring the usage of a secondary.
You would still be counting the MU's.
Well, actually the implication of that line of reasoning is that you place more weight on who they do well against and by how much then who they do badly against and by how much. Subtle, but there.

mountain_tiger

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4441-8987-6303
DDD isn't even that bad for DK unless he gets the infinite.
That's like saying, 'Ganondorf isn't so bad if he doesn't get outcamped' or 'Olimar isn't so bad if he doesn't pivot grab you to counter approaches'.

All DDD needs is a single grab, and DK's basically lost a stock. And DK isn't hard to grab like some characters such as Wario are. DDD's incredible grab range doesn't help either. All DDD has to do is wait for DK to make a mistake, and then grab him.

Seriously, try going a whole match against a good DDD without getting grabbed at least once. Counterpick or get screwed over. Your choice. The infinite isn't even that hard to do...

Ragnar0k

Smash Master
DK is harder to grab than people think and although it's not SBR banned the infinite has been banned more and more lately.

Ganon blows regardless of if he's being camped.

NatP

Smash Ace
He's saying that if the infinite is bad, DDD becomes ALOT more manageable. And DK might not be wario, but he's not easy to grab. He still has plenty of attacks with a lot of range that can help him. But, still, you're right. The DDD will get a grab at least once, but if only the infinite was banned...

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
DK is starting to get results though, at least in some regions. And as far as I know most of the players who are doing well with him don't have a secondary that they use often. To me that means that the DDD infinite just isn't coming into play that often.

On the other hand, if it does happen its a problem. Granted he does have some good tools to avoid getting grabbed, but DDD is also very proficient at landing grabs, so its still probably going to happen at least once and thats all it takes. DK can CP to a good stage for help in avoiding the infinite, but that only works for one match. That match is probably 25/75 with the infinite but only like 4/6 without.

Still though, he does deserve to be little higher than he is, since that is really the only bump in the road stopping him from being a truly great character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom