• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Official SBR Brawl Tier List v1.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golem the Stern Father

Smash Champion
TyfighterLAND. Location#2: Illinois? Yeah.
spamming tornado is honorable?
Brawl isn't about honor and all this stuff. It's about having fun. :laugh:
There is no honor in competative Smash, the purpose isn't even to have fun. The purpose: to win.
Play to win is strong amoung the competative scene, most can develop a friendship-relation in their area, dedication to smash, viewpoint, likes and dislikes, ect.

*Trips into Ike's f-smash*

Edit: 1337 post count! LEET!!!!!!! (I'm done now)

doomweasel

Smash Cadet
My guess, for what it's worth, is that the top three tiers are gonna be pretty fluid for at least several more months. The metagame can't possibly be done developing, and the tournament scene is sure to advance that. Personally, I'd like to see ZSS developed into a high-tier...

OlimarFan

Smash Ace
There is no honor in competative Smash, the purpose isn't even to have fun. The purpose: to win.
Play to win is strong amoung the competative scene, most can develop a friendship-relation in their area, dedication to smash, viewpoint, likes and dislikes, ect.

True. Well then, I'm not a competitive smasher then. :bee:

Congratulations! You have achieved the p00nt4ng post count! :bee:

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend

But playing to win is inherently fun for a lot of people. That's the reason why competitive gaming is enjoyable in the first place.

Which brings to mind the question, if a person plays to win because they enjoy playing to win, are they a competitive player? Or does enjoyment have to be a side-effect?

Hmmm

sHy)(gUy

Smash Ace
This is what the tier list should have been...

Metaknight
Snake

Upper
G&W
Dedede
Falco
Rob
Wario

High
Marth
Lucario
DK
diddy
kirby
ice climbers
olimar
pikachu
wolf
pit

Mid
toon link
Zelda
Fox
zamus
luigi
ike
peach
mario
bowser
ness

low
shiek
lucas
PT
yoshi
sonic
samus

Bottom
ganondorf
jigglypuff
link
falcon

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Link's better than his placement merits IMO... maybe it's because I play him, but, honestly, he's got a mean projectile game and has no shortage of range or kill moves... he has a lot that the captain doesn't... it's only link's awful recover that's keeping him so far down.... not like falcon's is great either.

SlickSlicer

Smash Apprentice
So what? English isn't my native tongue either, but still I know how to write at least correct enough so people understand me. If you're that bad in English, then don't come to an English board. Problem solved - for both of us.
And if you don't care, then please leave immediately - people like you make me throw up a little every time I read their postings.

Also, double posters deserve to die.
If you are really serious about English not being your native tongue, you definitely had me fooled. You type out things better than 90% of the internets and probably most of the American population/chav population in Britain.

Master Peach

Smash Ace
I agree with this List for the most part, but I think Peach could be higher but that's just me. And What the Hell is Mario doing in the Low tier Status. He should be up there with Luigi.

Mario's a ***** to fight. Why is he Low?

The List above me looks a little more accurate except Ike's placement. He's a little too high if u ask me.

gantrain05

Smash Master
I agree with this List for the most part, but I think Peach could be higher but that's just me. And What the Hell is Mario doing in the Low tier Status. He should be up there with Luigi.

Mario's a ***** to fight. Why is he Low?

The List above me looks a little more accurate except Ike's placement. He's a little too high if u ask me.
i agree, i think mario should be at least high mid tier, he's so good, he can juggle well, and has pretty good options as far as kill moves go.

Xiivi

So much for friendship huh...
Premium
BRoomer
My Peach is as good as my friend's Falco! Why isn't Peach top tier? zomg1?!
When the SBR threw all the little smash bros. plushies down the stairs, Falco's went further than Peach's and thus became top tier with the other plushies that made it that far down the staircase. Obviously.

This list is very solid with exception of Fox being way too high. Good job SBR.

Xzax Kasrani

Smash Master
DDD is not top tier for a few reasons
Has a few IMPOSSIBLE match ups
cannot play well against light fast people(Olimar, Meta, Fox, Falco, ect)
also has quiet bad match ups

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
Fox "way too high"? Fox deserves at least that place on the tier list, if not several higher. He has some powerful guaranteed combos, decent approaches, a usable projectile, and solid kill options. What, praytell, are your reasons he should be lower?

Giga Wario

Smash Journeyman
Very good list despite the game only being out for 7 months. However, I still have my complaints:

Top Tier: Disagree with: Meta Knight and Dedede.
Like many have said, I believe that Meta Knight deserves his own tier due to him forcing some to main new characters just to beat him. While Dedede has a few good things about him, most notably his chaingrab, he has too many bad points to occupy spot number 3:
Biggest target in the game, thus very easy to hit.
Poor character matchups for a top tier.
Does poorly against small, fast targets, (that means Mety, Pikachu, Olimar etc..., all of which are high tier or above.) who can easily escape his chaingrab.
Very easy to juggle due to being the biggest target in the game.
Recovery is very predictable thus easy to gimp. (although Dedede Jump might spike you before he grabs the ledge so be careful)
Overall, although I believe that the bad*** penguin doesen't deserve spot 3, he can still firmly sit in the bottom of top or top of high.

High Tier: Disagree with nobody (although MAYBE DK should move down a bit)

Middle Tier: Disagree with Olimar, Bowser, Toon Link, Ike and Sheik.

Olimar has great character matchups and his tourney results aren't too bad either. He should be moved up to high tier.
While I can see why Toon Link is this low, I feel he should be placed slightly higher up as the only real reason he's that low is because he's neglected in tourneys.
Bowser, LOL, WAYYYYYY too high. While I can accept that Bowser has improved considerably from Melee, that doesen't mean he's that good. His tourney results suck, has very bad character matchups and pretty much sucks in all areas except obviously power.
Ike, again, is wayyyyyy too high except he has an even worse case than Bowser! He's even SLOWER, (both in running and attacking) sucks at jumping and recovery (Bowsers actually not too bad at it for a heavyweight) and to top if all off, has possibly EVEN WORSE character matchups. At least he's below Bowser, otherwise I would really question this list.
Sheik is an unfortunate recipiant of The Nerf Bat (tm) and as such, her comboing ability is greatly reduced due to the removed hitsun and other problems. However, her biggest problem is her bad matchups against the high tiers.

Low Tier (oh boy): Disagree with Lucas, Ness, Mario, Yoshi and Sonic
Lucas in Low Tier?! Are you mad?! He'sboth powerful and fast, and has great recovery to boot. Promotion please.
Ness is like Lucas, only slightly less powerful attacks for a lot more attack speed. He still has powerful throws and all the things that made Lucas good as well, so one question: Why is he below Lucas?
Mario may have been nerfed, but not by that much. I'm assuming what keeps him from Middle Tier are his bad matchups. Mario is still good at comboing and killing and he can gimp recoveries pretty easily as well. Low Middle Tier, at least.
Yoshi has a lot of great stuff going for him. He's good against some of the top tiers, has good aerials and can recover from far away thanks to his second jump, (although I wish the Egg Toss was better for recovery) but I think he's kept low because of his bad tourney results.
Finally, Sonic. Although he has bad priority and isn't AS good at killing stuff than most of the cast,Sonic is still better than Bowser at least. He has a good matchup against Dedede, has very fast attacks and can be very unpredictable. However, bad tourney results hinder him.

And that's my rant done. Other than the points that I've mentioned, this list is very good.

Wildfire393

Smash Journeyman
How much of Ness/Lucas' position was determined by grab release nonsense?
I'm betting not a lot. A near auto-loss matchup against someone who is very highly placed is a bad mark, but honestly, they've got other things against them.

Ness: Ground game is basically nonexistant, one of the shortest standing grab ranges in the game. Recovery very easily gimped.

Lucas: Air game very difficult to kill with, leaving him with slow smashes as his kill moves, which is unreliable. Grab has all the lag of a ranged grab, but not a lot of range (I think DDD has the same grab range).

Personally, I'd advocate shifting up the tier boundaries so that they are mid tier instead of low, as I believe they are actually viable (unlike pretty much every other character in the low tier), but that's just me.

Takumaru

Smash Lord
When the SBR through all the little smash bros. plushies down the stairs, Falco's went further than Peach's and thus became top tier with the other plushies that made it that far down the staircase. Obviously.

Suddenly everything in the smash community makes sense!

Gishnak

Smash Ace
I like how many people are critiquing this list when clearly a lot of thought went into it.

I have a question though... Why is Rob higher than Marth? I feel like Marth has more tournament results, no bad match ups, etc.

And OS plays MK now, so there arn't any good ledgecamping ROBs anymore, that I know of anyway.

Any wise answers?

lcampoy8

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1220-8395-9035
Ike, again, is wayyyyyy too high except he has an even worse case than Bowser! He's even SLOWER, (both in running and attacking) sucks at jumping and recovery (Bowsers actually not too bad at it for a heavyweight) and to top if all off, has possibly EVEN WORSE character matchups. At least he's below Bowser, otherwise I would really question this list.
ike is fine where he is...

TWILTHERO

Smash Lord
Why are people complaining Ike's tier position? He's only the second worst of the mid. That's not bad at all or good either. Its pretty funny why people are complaining on how Ike is when hes not even that high. There are 24 characters better than him (i counted). I'm not just saying this cause i main Ike.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
The only match-up that fits that description would be ICs. :/
Dedede can seperate them and/or kill Nana with a simple backthrow. I didn't think it was that impossible. o_o;;

Dais

Smash Cadet
Tudor/RenoSmash on YouTube. Middle tier Samus. Mad props to Tudor, he's a great rep for Samus. Other than some nit-picken the list is of course very well-thought out. It's probably been said in the 80 some odd pages So Far (golly, didn't have time to read em all) BUT, the tiers aren't as extreme as they were in Melee. So no one get their hockey too hot. Okay - hey everyone let's keep discussing this some more! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom