• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Old Diddy Social/General/Q&A Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Player-1

Smash Legend
Didn't make it out of r2 pools. I had ally, yukoe, illmatic and puffster. Got 2-0ed by ally. I beat puffster. I 2 stocked yukoe and had a stock lead on him game 2 but I got impatient and he kept poking me and brought it back and farted me last stock with 100 % lead game 3 I was getting timed out and had to rush in and got 2 stocked. Against illmatic I had to 2-1 him in order for me to make it out cuz he 2-1ed yukoe and and if I had 2-0ed him then he would only have 4 wins and me and yukoe had 5 but he beat me in the head to head so I had to let illmatic take a game off of me so he was in a three way tie with me and yukoe. I lost fame 1 but it was close. Game 2 I got timed out by 10% but in the last 20 seconds I got a banana lock that guaranteed me at least 30% but I tripped =\

:phone:

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
I'm out of bracket got 49th lost to ally 2-1 then just screwed up a lot against Polt

Vega4

Smash Ace
I don't think Olimar match-up is that bad, it's even. It's just that ADHD insist in playing the match without taking just a single second to do a ******* Nair to kill the pickmins that Diddy has sticked to his body.
It's just frustrating watching him to play that match-up, he ALWAYS gives to the Olimar main a free 40-50% per stock by not killing those Pickmins. You CAN'T give a free 50% to a character that can kill you at 90% (80% sometimes)...

He beats a lot of US Olimars, and even Brood by outplaying them because he is a better player, but once he faces a really top Olimar, he can't give him that free %.
It was a mix between dissapointment and anger watching him playing vs Nietono, because he could beat him with just a little more patient and NAIRS (lol). In Japan they don't really have top Diddys like Gnes and ADHD, Nagahari and the others are good Diddys, but not that good, so Nietono wouldn't handle it if Wyaat played the righ way...
I hope he reads this and start killing those Pickmins...

Zinoto

Smash Lord
I think what wins the match up is the players ability to adapt and punish the bad habits of the other one. I played L_Cancel not too long ago and I couldn't take a single game off of him, not because I didn't know the MU but because he was just playing a lot smarter than I was. (That name bait :yeahboi:) I started to adapt to his style, but overall those matches just taught me that the difference between a lot of players is simply how smart they play. Nieotono was a really smart player. ADHD started playing smart near the end and got some fantastic reads, but he just doesn't play the MU's like needed sometimes.

This Olimar MU needs some real analysis though. Olimar's only going to get better with MK gone and we need to stay one step ahead.

DRDN

Smash Master
8623 Hickory Drive, Sterling Heights MI 48312
I saw quite a few olis and I don't like it I've never liked fighting him its hard to be close with his grab range and his projectiles beat anything I've had against them it feels like pure bait and punish then when they see that they combo you

Btw Brood wrecked my life in dubs it was bad once he got a banana it wouldn't go away and he'd punish me trying to pick one up anytime I would (which wasn't everytime I got near one)

Player-1

Smash Legend
when me and kismet played them in doubles we separated them a lot and just 1v1ed them and we were beating them anytime we did that. Most of the time I was fighting nietono and didn't really seem like he knew the diddy MU that well as I was going even with him or beating him. Although we kept them separated and were beating them in the 1v1 situations, it's still doubles and he might have been having a different mindset than in an actual 1v1.

GDX

Smash Hero
NNID
GameDragonX2
unfortunately only 3 diddys made it to bracket

and with MK gone the placings will only get worse from here.

Brace yourselves guys. Winter is coming

Player-1

Smash Legend
oh btw guys. Like I said before I beat tyrant in a mm against his MK game 3 last stock ending with an infinite. I also landed the infinite 5 other times over the weekend (1 tournament, 4 friendlies). I spent an hour and a half wednesday practicing forward glidetoss down to infinite until I got MK to 999% and before this I wasn't landing the infinite at all. Practice peeps.

FelixTrix

Smash Journeyman
dammit gnes. how're you gonna go and lose to larry like that. come on. and esam too D: they hella good but they should have been wins. =\

DFEAR

Smash Hero
wonder how far i wouldve gotten if i went to apex and not trolled. the world may never know

chimpact

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0361-7166-1377
Nice job GDX, p1 for making it out of r1 pools. and adhd / gnes for doing well in bracket :]. I made it out of r1 pools. beat everyone but havoc, and he ***** me 2-0 2 stocked both games easy, but wasn't able to go on sunday since i went home everyday instead of at a hotel (parents wouldn't let me sleep overnight - pretty strict), so I wasn't gonna drive 1.5 hours back home and another 1.5 to the venue 2 consecutive days. I probably would have gotten 2-0'd by everyone in r2 tho so no big deal.

made 84$ from pokemon :].

Vega4

Smash Ace
Hey, someone has experience vs Yoshi?
I have good results vs Yoshi, but I´m not sure if I'm doing it the right way.
Advices please...

Zinoto

Smash Lord
Hey, someone has experience vs Yoshi?
I have good results vs Yoshi, but I´m not sure if I'm doing it the right way.
Advices please...
Fun fact: Yoshi's shield is the only one that cannot ever be shield poked.

Yoshi doesn't really have the right tools to handle Diddy properly, but when your opponent is smart options open up for Yoshi. First, if you ever see a Yoshi in his shield, literally wait for him to do something and then punish it. Yoshi has like no OoS options. If he grabs spot dodge, if he rolls banana him, if he spot dodges punish it. It's so free.

That aside Yoshi can chain grab you so watch out for pivot grabs. Yoshi messes us up off stage and when we are above him so just play careful. He has a lot of jumping techniques (like Draconic Reverse) which can catch items, but its really hard to do and not too practical. He is going to ledge camp you hard, but he has to hit the stage eventually and thats when you mess him up. His main kill move is gone be either up smash or uair, but we've already agreed to stay from above him so just don;t throw at crazy air dodges and up smash is the only thing you will have to watch out for. Yoshi's second jump has euper armor, so keep that in mind if you want to trip him. Lastly, Yoshi's should NEVER do this, but if they screw up and recover low, footstool their second jump for a free stock.

:diddy: vs. :yoshi2: is definitely a lot tougher for Yoshi and the only way he can win is by simply out smarting you. Play smart and stay safe for the win.

Summary:

1) Avoid chain grabs so that you aren't put off stage.
2) Punish Yoshi anytime he decides to sit in his shield.
3) Watch out for crazy double jump techniques (like DR item throw)
4) Gimp him if he messes up
5) Wait out ledge camping and when he comes back on stage, destroy him.
6) Avoid Up smash and don't get uair because of a silly baited air dodge.
7) Play smarter not harder ^_^

Vega4

Smash Ace
Fun fact: Yoshi's shield is the only one that cannot ever be shield poked.

Yoshi doesn't really have the right tools to handle Diddy properly, but when your opponent is smart options open up for Yoshi. First, if you ever see a Yoshi in his shield, literally wait for him to do something and then punish it. Yoshi has like no OoS options. If he grabs spot dodge, if he rolls banana him, if he spot dodges punish it. It's so free.

That aside Yoshi can chain grab you so watch out for pivot grabs. Yoshi messes us up off stage and when we are above him so just play careful. He has a lot of jumping techniques (like Draconic Reverse) which can catch items, but its really hard to do and not too practical. He is going to ledge camp you hard, but he has to hit the stage eventually and thats when you mess him up. His main kill move is gone be either up smash or uair, but we've already agreed to stay from above him so just don;t throw at crazy air dodges and up smash is the only thing you will have to watch out for. Yoshi's second jump has euper armor, so keep that in mind if you want to trip him. Lastly, Yoshi's should NEVER do this, but if they screw up and recover low, footstool their second jump for a free stock.

:diddy: vs. :yoshi2: is definitely a lot tougher for Yoshi and the only way he can win is by simply out smarting you. Play smart and stay safe for the win.

Summary:

1) Avoid chain grabs so that you aren't put off stage.
2) Punish Yoshi anytime he decides to sit in his shield.
3) Watch out for crazy double jump techniques (like DR item throw)
4) Gimp him if he messes up
5) Wait out ledge camping and when he comes back on stage, destroy him.
6) Avoid Up smash and don't get uair because of a silly baited air dodge.
7) Play smarter not harder ^_^
Thanks for those advices Zinoto. I played a Yoshi main in a our tournament today and I did pretty well in first match. Second match he chose Diddy and Final Destination. So... I ***** him in the ditto :)

I ended in top 8 in our national tournament.
My pools:
Won vs: Fox, Falco, Peach.
Lost vs: Best Wario of the Country (first match was so ****in close, last stock he was in 170% and I in 120%, I did a D-smash and he a F-sm$ash... Fuc*** super-armor. Second match I did well, but I couldn't kill his 2nd stock, got desperated, and that was it...).

Bracket:
Won vs: Pit, Yoshi-Diddy.
Lost vs: IC's.

Loosers:
Won vs: Snake-marth.
Lost vs: Peach (fuc****, i did it really bad vs that Peach. I wasn't playing too good, and ...)

Well, that was it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom