• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Silly Kyle Video Archive and Critique Thread

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Falco vs Peach 2

RICE LOL

I want to counter those arguments by going from, WHY COOK ANYTHING WHEN YOU CAN EAT IT RAW THERE'S NO CLEANUP!

Then immediately transition into WHY EAT WHEN YOU CAN PHOTOSYNTHESIZE, MAKE O2 THEN MAKE CO2 IN A NEVER ENDING CYCLE AND BE

The most beautiful flower in the garden~
(yeah I like how that turned out too :D)
You always know how to find different ways to show your style of beauty.

gantrain05

Smash Master
im more impressed with Leons Marth than i am with his Peach, that might be cuz nobody plays marth around here, so it looks fancy lol.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Hey Kyon, you should totally post my tourney videos in this thread:

Silly Kyle (Peach) vs. JustinKamikaze (MK/Snake)
Match 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOS3yM59510
Match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Flv31ZCAdFc

Silly Kyle vs. KiraFlax (Pit/ROB)
Match 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Dk1WvYI7aI
Match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ukj6AijOEw

Silly Kyle vs. Bloodhawk (Marth)
Match 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmPvjOgETsE
Match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbWqCsKGnYg
Match 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCBUGgdJg9k (he wins this one)

The last tournament I faced Bloodhawk at, he went Snake. He lost and has been practicing Marth for whatever reason. I was pretty surprised but now I have a goal I need to work on... get really good at the Marth matchup.

I lost to the #2 and #3 person at this tourney and I got 5th place. I was doing so good in the beginning but towards the end of the tourney I kinda lost my focus and drive and didn't do as well as I wanted too. However, I'm still really impressed with how I did this season... 4th, 4th, and 5th place plus a small local tourney win too. I'm going to be moving up in the Power Rankings for Arizona too (I was ranked 9). Can't wait for you guys to see!!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Oh man a tipper nair for the kill...that brings back memories of losing to my buddy Beegs' Marth. xD

And I forgot Bloodhawk moved over there. Gooooooo Bloodhawk! ...and Kyle :D

Mushyroom

Smash Rookie
Can anyone tell me how to do the immediate Bair just like the Peach's Bair Lock Trap by the God is Rock guy on page 1? Cause usually I have to float and then wait for her to land near the ground to start her floating or go to the edge and float. I wanna know how to use the Bair move right away.

Mushyroom

Smash Rookie
Serious patience right here!: http://www.twitvid.com/6F73D

We all need to follow White w/ this patience, my gosh even I was getting nervous!
2:36 was a waste xD. The Snake guy would have won at that moment if he didn't let go of the edge so soon but White was awesome catching up on damage and even raising Snake's damage percentage even higher than his/her own.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
You will get more vids from me soon!! And I'm mad at your for not posting my MK match vs. JustinKamikaze on here, Kyon!!

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Very impressive Peach Will. I love your particular style with her because you do a lot of things that I kind of started subtracting from my gameplay and I kinda regret it. I'll be keeping an eye out for your vids, that's for sure. :3

Metatitan

Smash Master
You had some reaaaally noticeable habits (like spotdodging after a Fair 4 times in a row) but you spaced your Fairs really nicely and outprioritized his Fair with your own.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
You had some reaaaally noticeable habits (like spotdodging after a Fair 4 times in a row) but you spaced your Fairs really nicely and outprioritized his Fair with your own.
Even so, there's not much else you can do in that situation if you space your fair against his shield. He has too many safe punish options from that range. If you shield, you get grabbed. If you spotdodge, you get blade danced. If you don't do anything at all/try to jab, you get tipper f-smashed. If you try to repeat a fair, he'll swat you with a fair OoS. If you roll away, you'll get blade danced/grabbed/faired. If you roll into him (lol), you'll get blade danced/grabbed.

Fair is just not a safe option for Peach in this matchup overall. It has its situational uses, but it's simply too punishable to do more than...say 30% of the time.

How do I know? Haze showed me just how a Marth punishes Peach's openings in all the right ways during our friendly match at Columbus. That's right...I said match. That's how precise he was, it was scary.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I don't think it's that bad of an idea. There are just some draw backs is all. If anything it can help you perfect shield things and learn to react after.

mikeHAZE

Smash Legend
Even so, there's not much else you can do in that situation if you space your fair against his shield. He has too many safe punish options from that range. If you shield, you get grabbed. If you spotdodge, you get blade danced. If you don't do anything at all/try to jab, you get tipper f-smashed. If you try to repeat a fair, he'll swat you with a fair OoS. If you roll away, you'll get blade danced/grabbed/faired. If you roll into him (lol), you'll get blade danced/grabbed.

Fair is just not a safe option for Peach in this matchup overall. It has its situational uses, but it's simply too punishable to do more than...say 30% of the time.

How do I know? Haze showed me just how a Marth punishes Peach's openings in all the right ways during our friendly match at Columbus. That's right...I said match. That's how precise he was, it was scary.
i wish i had remember playing ya, i played so many people it's hard to remember everyone.

lets make sure we play more at the next even we're both at.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
As good as MHaze is you also have to remember that every Marth main doesn't have as much MU experiance as he does. If im not mistaken he has much practice with Edress which used fair a lot in the Marth mu. Its natural that he would know most options to punish Peach. But spamming it is bad im sure. There are also different ways to fair as well. All Peach's play different after all. Maybe Haze was just very well at punishing "your" style... is all im saying. But meh who am I to talk XD.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
fair is good vs marth. you're just doin' it wrong. if you do it right you'll even hit him outta nair. you just can't approach with it coz marth'll never get hit by it.

Metatitan

Smash Master
Aw poor Hades, he hasnt changed much since September, still trying to camp peach lol. Good pressure, yoshi can't really handle it too well. Don't stale your Fair against the balloon like that though, the fresher the better :)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
i wish i had remember playing ya, i played so many people it's hard to remember everyone.

lets make sure we play more at the next even we're both at.
Yeah definitely. I need the EXP so I can surprise Pierce with it. :3

As good as MHaze is you also have to remember that every Marth main doesn't have as much MU experiance as he does. If im not mistaken he has much practice with Edress which used fair a lot in the Marth mu. Its natural that he would know most options to punish Peach. But spamming it is bad im sure. There are also different ways to fair as well. All Peach's play different after all. Maybe Haze was just very well at punishing "your" style... is all im saying. But meh who am I to talk XD.
Yeah you're probably right. I didn't acknowledge that he had probably already played Edrees a ton. Looks like I'll have to switch it up more often and see how I do next time.

fair is good vs marth. you're just doin' it wrong. if you do it right you'll even hit him outta nair. you just can't approach with it coz marth'll never get hit by it.
Yes, in the manner which you described fair is definitely useful, but that's still situational like I had already mentioned. I never approach with fair in the Marth/MK matchups, too many bad memories from the times when I used to, so I trained myself out of that old habit. I still personally find bair to be the better go-to move in the matchup, but I'll never beat a Marth of that caliber unless I just play better and react faster overall. Simple as that lol.

Metatitan

Smash Master
The problem with Bair is that at best it clashes with Marth's Fair and it straight out loses to his Nair. You don't want to be clashing, you want to be landing the hits. We aren't snake. Peach's Bair is meant to punish Marth for missing a Fair, but as Dark complains, his Fair is fast (coming out in 4 frames I believe). Just because he jumps doesn't mean he has to Fair, he can bait the Bair from you.

Peach's Fair simply outprioritizes Marth's if spaced correctly as well as his Nair. The issue is it's startup lag (and of course if you mispace it), in which Marth can hit you before it comes out. So space yourself to get it out and capitalize on its range and quick autocancel speed. You complain about the possibilities of being grabbed or eating his side B; why not run away and create more space after you Fair? Buuuut this isn't a MU thread and for some reason we're debating the usefullness of Peach's Fair in the Marth MU in the video thread xD.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Thanks Metatitan! :)

I didn't do as well against Forward in those matches. There are actually 6 more videos I believe that still need to be uploaded me vs. him.

After placing 3rd in the round robin, they had a top 4 double elimination bracket. I lost to Forward 0-2 in Winner's semis, beat Rain 2-0 in Loser's semis, and lost to Forward 2-3 in Loser's Finals. He timed me out the last match.

I also have matches recorded of me vs. Kira (#2 in AZ). I won 2-0. He went ROB first match, Pit the second. Then I have my matches vs. Darklink (#1 in AZ), I lost 1-2. I did very good against his MK round 3 on Frigate. Hopefully these we be up within the next couple days.

gantrain05

Smash Master
don't jump at marth when marth jumps at you......wait between fairs and dash attack or glide toss, its never a good idea to try and have an arial battle with him.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Hey guys!

Here are my most recent matches against Kira. He has beaten me at the past couple tournaments and I finally got my sweet revenge on Saturday!! ^_^ Hopefully if I can continue this trend, I will be top 3 instead of top 5 in AZ. ;)

Silly Kyle :peach: vs. KiraFlax :pit:/:rob:
Match 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgeOy17CGFg <--- Kira goes :rob:
Match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=msEtj3Wutw0 <--- Kira goes :pit:

I'm very pleased with how I am doing and can't wait for Devastation this coming Saturday. I can finally fight the best player in the world and some other amazing out of staters! I'm so pumped!! w00t!!!

Edit: I also want to emphasize the importance of perfect shielding, spacing, momentum, DI, and patience!! <3

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
Don't worry Kyle we know. M2k won't be a walk in the Park however if you win somehow I bet 50 dollars everyone will call you the best Peach in the world. Its how it seems to work around here XD. I'll look at your vids later today when I go to Hiram's house.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Very cool Kyon...

So all my videos are up now...

You can check out the video thread for the tournament I went to here: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=277683

My most recent matches with Forward are uploaded.

In winner's semis I lost 0-2 again... first match was close, second match wasn't full effort.

In loser's semis, I lose 2-3... Forward wins the first two, I win the second two and gain momentum, and then Forward times me out on Frigate the last match.

I want to highlight my wins against him, unfortunately, only one of my wins was recorded against him. But I won pretty solidly.

Silly Kyle :peach: vs. Forward :metaknight: 3.4:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k-fZ6WTgR5I

If you want to see the other videos, go check the video thread!! <3

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Sweet, the ones with Hades and Kira are a must!! And 3.4 against Forward lol! And please put the one with JustinKamikaze's MK too <3

Top Bottom