• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Silly Kyle Video Archive and Critique Thread

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Alright, mind if I send them to you tomorrow?
I'll give you the FC then also.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Yeah sure send the replays any time. I record at night though since my capture card is only used on Desktop computers so I have to wait till my fam's computer is vacant >.> lol. I'll have them all up very promptly though. Within the same night for sure.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Excel was a top peach but he actually wasn't the best one; Edrees was. If you don't believe me, Edrees not only placed higher at Genesis before retiring but beat Excel in bracket (peach ditto and then Edrees beat him with his YOSHI).

And Gadiel that video was crews... not many people take them THAT seriously xD
You blind ignorant fool! jk.

Not really, lol. Excel had legit johns. He didn't know the Peach ditto since he lives on an island where no one else was at his skill level w/ Peach. It doesn't matter if Edrees placed higher @ one tournament when Excel has won more tournaments than Edrees and placed higher than him @ doubles in two national events. If you ask Edrees, I'm sure he would agree that Excel was better, haha.

I see what your trying to say but I disagree with it.

Both of these videos show Excel_Zero playing very well but his opponents are playing like utter ****.
Don't get me wrong - Excel Zero WAS the best Peach but if we compare him to some of our current Peach players I don't see what makes him so significant or "better" than them. I think Excel Zero achieved probably the (top) of Peach's metagame before everyone else catching these opponents offguard while the rest of us were trying to figure out what to do.

Kyon's, Silly Kyle's, and King Beef's videos are MUCH better than this in my opinion (only videos I've seen from the boards) mainly due to the fact that they are current day, and their opponents actually look like they understand the matchup.

We caught up and improved.
It was too late, so we have more work to do.
I don't think any character can reach the "Top" of their metagame.
I still don't see how you say Kyon, Silly Kyle, and King Beef's videos are better. They do not have the same technical skill Excel had nor do they have the same punishment game. I haven't seen any other peach perform the combos Excel has in his videos nor the level of precision in his tactics.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I still don't see how you say Kyon, Silly Kyle, and King Beef's videos are better. They do not have the same technical skill Excel had nor do they have the same punishment game. I haven't seen any other peach perform the combos Excel has in his videos nor the level of precision in his tactics.
Just an fyi, don't assume I don't have insane technical skill. You've never seen me play in person to make that kind of claim/comparison. Frankly, it would blow your mind, but none is shown in any of my videos (which are all admittedly subpar by the way).

You know what the difference is though? Traditional combos and the approaches to those combos are all outdated, especially in matchups that matter. Again, I have crazy tech skill, but I put it to a different use rather than trying to rush in and overwhelm my opponent, because in today's game it doesn't work anymore.

Excel is/was insanely good, and I'm sure that would still hold up if he returns and gets back into practice, but don't assume others have not caught up (maybe not tournament placing wise yet, but I'd confidently wager gameplay wise).

Metatitan

Smash Master
You blind ignorant fool! jk.

Not really, lol. Excel had legit johns. He didn't know the Peach ditto since he lives on an island where no one else was at his skill level w/ Peach. It doesn't matter if Edrees placed higher @ one tournament when Excel has won more tournaments than Edrees and placed higher than him @ doubles in two national events. If you ask Edrees, I'm sure he would agree that Excel was better, haha.
You make way too much speculation. Doubles is how well you work on a team, and while both players have to be very good to succeed you can't compare individual players based off of doubles.

After Genesis Edrees retired so no **** Excel placed higher at pound 4, Edrees was and is retired.

And KB is completely right in his post, you need to stop meatriding the past and realize we have some really good Peach mains in the present.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
We have not made it that far, honestly.

As much as I love to hear how much we are all improving and how well we're doing in our separate regions, we can't disillusion ourselves into thinking that being a "top Peach" now means we're a "top player". We are what's left, and not one of us has really proven we are what is the top of Peach's game. Remembering back, we could throw Edreese and Excel against national level players and it would work. I can't name a single player among us who I'd have confidence backing like that - simply because we're not at national level.

So no, even speculatively, I don't believe we've caught up game-play wise.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
We have not made it that far, honestly.

As much as I love to hear how much we are all improving and how well we're doing in our separate regions, we can't disillusion ourselves into thinking that being a "top Peach" now means we're a "top player". We are what's left, and not one of us has really proven we are what is the top of Peach's game. Remembering back, we could throw Edreese and Excel against national level players and it would work. I can't name a single player among us who I'd have confidence backing like that - simply because we're not at national level.

So no, even speculatively, I don't believe we've caught up game-play wise.
I disagree. Yes, they've done great on a national scale which is something all of us have yet to achieve (if we ever do); but you're not even considering the changes that have occurred in Brawl's metagame! Excel's Peach was amazing, simply a marvel to the eyes, but aside from his "region" of Puerto Rico...where else has he won? Again, none of us hold a candle to his or Edrees' national level performances, but that was also back when Peach could still pull some maneuvers off that we couldn't even dare to attempt in today's metagame without getting a stock swiped off.

Truthfully speaking, and based on your own definition posted above: Edrees and Excel are "top Peaches", not "top players". "Top players", based on the general consensus of competitive play, are the players who consistently place in the money and/or win the most often on a national level. So far, no Peach even comes close to accomplishing that, none of us past or present, the closest so far being Edrees.

You speak the truth, but not the entire truth in this sense.

Geebus.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Ill make sure to give me your code some time during the day so I can get the replays recorded and up tonight. Anyone else feel free to send me their codes or upload their replay files to someplace like mediafire to get their things recorded also. I can have any and everything up tonight.

Edit: If you guys want me to upload to your accounts you'll need to provide me sign in info. Whatever you give me whether it's a temporary pass or the real thing will be kept strictly confidential.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
Is there a way to extend the time allowed for replays without needing an SD card?

Two-Ell

Smash Master
That's not possible without an SD card and a codeset. The codes that would be ran on SD cards are what allow people to circumvent the three minute limit by telling the game to continue gathering player inputs until the game finishes. Sorry D:

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
He doesn't seem that great to me. But maybe that's just because I've been watching too many Excel_Zero videos recently.

z00ted

I just got home from Player-4's second P-Hole (tournament lol at name) and it was INSANE... I met Haptic and taught him things that (I hope) helped.

INSANE INSANE INSANE

TEXAS HAS THE BEST PLAYERS

SAN WAS THERE.

I HAD THE HARDEST BRACKET IN THE WORLD.

I'll post videos when my bad dawgs Xyro/RT get them up.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
There's something like 4 more sets of you against Xyro to put up, haha.

Lots of videos of me recorded as well, but those will be going in the critique thread, not the video thread.

Edit: Illmatic, Xyro has started uploading matches from yesterday and it looks like the matches between you and him are first up.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Me and illmatic played 6 matches and all are recorded and being uploaded to YT. Give it a few hours. Haptic ill put your up too if u want.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
I have probably 12 or so matches on your Wii. I'd like them up so I can get them critiqued, but feel free to get through all of the tournament matches before putting up any of my friendlies.

z00ted

Cool stuff!
cant wait for me to see my mistakes vs. San / Trela and work on how I can improve from them.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member

z00ted

Those were great matches lol - played so terribly 4 and 5 I was really down from my loss vs Trela...

Match 6 was my favorite ;), although I lost.

Ling Ling

Smash Apprentice
Just to put up something @ the fight of the best peach.

Imo Excel is/was the best peach in everything, at genesis I played Edrees and I almost 3 stock him with dedede and defeat him easily with kirby too, I saw nothing special on him or his peach. I've never defeated excel with kirby before and I got many 3 stocks from his peach as kirby. Also I think edrees lost to Eval (PR melee smasher) which entered brawl just to kill time and he gave his points so edrees could enter the bracket while excel got 1st seed. It sucks that its so hard for excel to fly to events here I know he would change some minds pretty quickly:/

z00ted

Lol wut

Anyways, some matches of my set vs San.
I lost - I've never played on Norfair before... then on Brinstar (didn't get recorded) I got caught at like 55% on an uair.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ptrJxD6Ms7g

I've noticed my momentum is very well when I'm playing good and terrible when I start losing, something I need to work on.

I'll try to upload my best set (Trela) when Xyro gets it uploaded / Haptic and my set.

Haptic

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2251-5184-4442
I'm waiting on videos of myself so I can get critique/analyze and work on my play-style. I don't want to pester Xyro or RT though; I know they have lives and can't be uploading 24/7.

Edit: Illmatic vs. San 3 is up.

z00ted

Ugh.... that was bad....I hated watching that.
I'm terrible at my momentum its so spontaneous... I can be playing great then just lose the set somehow.
I'm watching my first stock having a significant lead then I blow it in like fifteen second flat I NEED to work on that.

z00ted

Oh yah mind if I do it right now or is it too late?

z00ted

alright i'll just get online rightn ow and give you my codes

my wii number is 3876 4384 5008 8886

do I have to add you on brawl also?

Nicole

Smash Champion
i liked your vids with xyro, they were fun to watch (which is surprising considering it's peach vs. samus). xyro scares me...i hope i never have to play him.

i think sometimes you are too concerned with landing dair on samus, and you should just focus on hitting with bair/nair - and if you're going to dair samus's shield, make sure you space it and retreat away so you don't take an upB to the face. but yeah, i learned a lot about how i should play against samus. are you going to put up the vids of you vs. san/you vs. trela?

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Hey Kyle, would you like some Peach with your Turnips? :p
But seriously you handled that match up sooo well

Well done on your placing Illmatic :D You're moving on up ;D Have you played many Ike's before? I noticed a fair few mistakes which I didn't see when you were playing the Samus match up, I really felt you knew match up very well. I didn't get the same vibe when you were fighting Ike

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Hey Kyle, would you like some Peach with your Turnips? :p
But seriously you handled that match up sooo well

Well done on your placing Illmatic :D You're moving on up ;D Have you played many Ike's before? I noticed a fair few mistakes which I didn't see when you were playing the Samus match up, I really felt you knew match up very well. I didn't get the same vibe when you were fighting Ike
Illmatic played the Ike matchup pretty well, all things considered. It is San's Ike afterall, so he'll obviously make some of Ike's weaknesses in the matchup look less apparent because he's worked around them. It also looks like San is no stranger to the Peach matchup.

Very nice vids both Ill and Silly Kyle. I need to get some tournament vids up next time I go out. :3

Top Bottom