• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Silly Kyle Video Archive and Critique Thread

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
*reads and then trips on face*
...I don't get it

Finding uses for it? Use it to throw a Turnip to punish MK like you would with a normal throw but instead, you get to sldie all the way back to pull up another Turnip/get some space to play defensively :D

Other stuff might come up later and I might post critque and **** if people want, alcohol and critque is not a good combination

Its late here ok? :lick:

Moozle

Smash Champion
I like the videos a lot Meno :) B-sticking looks really cool. I'd say the biggest drawback to b-sticking, though, is how much it messed up your DI. C-stick is so great for DI because you can do whatever aerial you want while still DI-ing in the correct direction.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Yea, having a c-stick could make my DI easier, but my main problem is that I have 12-year-old DI. I have the muscle memory DI from my Smash 64 ingrained in my hands - which means I can't help but immediately point DOWN when I get hit by like, grounded Shuttle Loop. :urg:

I'm working on it though.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
OMG Meno, your DI is DEFINITELY something you need to work on. Your Peach will be beast when you can live to insane percents with her. <3

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar
Why don't you ever post vids of yourself?
I don't play enough people offline @ the moment, and the Peach vids that I do have a really old like from last year, and their under my old username(goodkid).

I do want to post vids of my Peach. I think I play uniquely.

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I don't play enough people offline @ the moment, and the Peach vids that I do have a really old like from last year, and their under my old username(goodkid).

I do want to post vids of my Peach. I think I play uniquely.
Oh ok, cause id rather you post for yourself than a person that doesn't talk here.

hiROI

Smash Lord
I'll post vids soon of me against my Olimar friend :D

And we can have Moozle translate for Leon since Moozle is like a french expert

Airgemini

Chansey
Safari Zone. Shiny, and holding a Lucky Egg.
3DS FC
2406-5625-4787
That video was pretty entertaining. I loved both of their uses of Bair in the beginning of the match. :bee:
Sometimes when I watch Peach videos like this I always wonder if people speed up their video because the match always looks faster than the game itself. If that makes any sense.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
He seems like he's not totally ******** when approaching the ditto, which is rare. Great vid.

Moozle

Smash Champion
At about 2:55 in the Leon Vs Zudenka match, is the way Zudenka goes across the stage faster than running? I know how to do the float cancel crouch thing, but I never thought of walking in between doing it lol. It looks really fast, and cool. And I'd be happy to translate XD

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Remember guys I can record for anyone who needs some stuff up for critique or just to show off. Just feel free to contact me however you find confortable/convenient. It's nice to see new material.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
At about 2:55 in the Leon Vs Zudenka match, is the way Zudenka goes across the stage faster than running? I know how to do the float cancel crouch thing, but I never thought of walking in between doing it lol. It looks really fast, and cool. And I'd be happy to translate XD
shorter name for it: Wasping :)

It's not faster than running, but only slightly slower. The benefit is it lets you use ground (and any other) moves while moving quickly across the stage. If you were running you could only do a dash attack/grab/or aerial

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I have quite a few videos I need to upload soon!! I'm very excited!! My bonewalking has been so awesome lately <3

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
So here are my matches from the tournament I hosted. My playstyle is hard to describe. When I have a lead I tend to stick with it for a good while until I mess up or take alot of damage. Then it explodes and all goes downhill from there. I'm going to try and find a way to figure out how to play correctly and how I want to all the time - it's hard. Peach is a frustrating and difficult character, but I love her playstyle. If there is one thing I like about Dark Pch. it has to be his will to admit faults yet still not give up on his character. On that note I respect him - and hope to do the same thing with Peach similar to San, X, Boss, or Biglou. I'm new to this but I know I can do it - it's just going to take time and dedication and never admitting that "I suck". You guys can think that all you want but it will never get us anywhere.

Illmatic (Peach) vs. Jerm (Toon Link) 1 + 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ubR1YVN2C4

Illmatic (Peach) vs. Jerm (Toon Link) 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k_9sZDTod78

Overall I feel like I played well.. but not my best. Jungle Japes was a wrong counterpick.. Jerm has amazing camping skills and showed them in that video. I should have taken him to Yoshi's Island or something along those lines. My first round I made some very nice comebacks and the beam sword at the end helped me secure the win. My second match displayed some of the best moments as well as the worst, I was in a great groove and then completely lost it, the self destruct at low percentages didn't help much either.

Illmatic (Peach) vs. Ozz (Fox) 1 + 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umESt7SAKB8

Illmatic (Peach) vs. Ozz (Fox) 3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xVQ_O_895A

I played terribly on our neutral. My dairs were repetitive and predictable and I was in the air far too much.
Jungle Japes was a good counterpick but I got mighty lucky with the Klap Trap.
On Smashville I played very well but I didn't feel as though Ozz was playing his best.
We did friendlies earlier and we had far better matches - I'll try to get them uploaded later.

I hate looking back on my previous work whether it was a loss or win in anything I do.. it just makes me feel uncomfortable and pushes me to get better. Sadly in Brawl I can't play top level players all the time.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Ill, I just got a call from Dash Attack and Shield

They're asking if you still love them or not because apparantly, they're feeling very neglected. According to them, you've been spending far too much time with that new girl Aerial down at the club that just opened called 'In the air' and they're not happy about it

Dreadful puns are dreadful

z00ted

I played terribly on our neutral. My dairs were repetitive and predictable and I was in the air far too much.
I already know I was using too many dairs vs Ozz.
Dash attack is overated.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I didn't mention Dairs in my post

Basically, you spent a lot of time hovering about in the air to avoid all the stuff that TL was throwing at you which imo didn't work very well because Peach's airdodge sucks. If you were on the ground, you could have caught TL as he was falling back down to the ground with a Dash Attack (or just used the Dash Attack to punish TL as he was going airborne) or if you needed to protect yourself, you could have shielded, rather than worry about landing back on the ground when your Float was over

Thats my take anyway

z00ted

I see what you mean.
I tried that earlier in the day and it didn't work out too well.
I'm about to go to a Smashfest.. I'll try it out.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Well good luck :p
You want to be using Dash Attack to punish TL as he's landing from throwing all of his projectile rubbish because you'll crouch underneath Zair attempts and the 2nd hit is so disjointed, you can space yourself to avoid getting hit even if he shields it

I'm not saying spam it but its much quicker and has more range for punishment than say jumping in the air and Fairing/Bairing someone. Use it sort of like how you'd use it vs a Marth who's coming back down after spacing with Fair/Nair

Edit: Or if you have a Turnip you could always try using it OoS

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
NNID
RicardoAvocado
What Meta said :p

I'm not saying stay exclusively to the ground and spam Dash Attack because it'll make you win nor should you solely use it vs airborne opponents because it an excellent punisher for lots of things but I reckon it would have helped vs TL and other characters as well. You don't need to go in the air and Float around at such a distance unless you're trying to time someone out

Go in the air when your up close to Fair him/pressure his shield or to use your Bair to cancel his projectiles/outspace and maneuver around his aerials (Bair). Because you were Floating high in the air for long periods of time far away from TL, you gave him plenty of time to set up potential projectile shenanigans and follow ups

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Rating moves on an overall basis is a mistake. There is no "third or so best ground move" in Peach's arsenal because they're all situational in how effective they are. That is why I admire Anti's MK because he didn't build it around abusing his "overall best moves", he built it on optimizing the most effective moves at the right times. Remember that.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ill, some advice I can give is to remain grounded more and focus on powershielding everything he throws at you excluding bombs (regular shield those instead). Practice on quickly catching bombs as they bounce off of your shield and use them as your own lead-in or retreat tools. Also remember that you have toad as an option if the Toon Link decides to come in and quickly catch the bomb in your face with a nair/fair.

Some other notes

- I noticed that Jerm started to gain momentum when he caught you in a rhythmic combo which was usually initiated by his zair. Don't jump if he is at about mid-range and already in an airdodge animation. Instead, either toad the zair if you know it's coming, powershield it (preferably), or shield to jab as he lands. Watch out for any surprise grab followups from him even if you're shielding; just be safe and roll either towards him or roll away (straight back into your shield) depending on his landing distance from you.

- Also be wary of his sh or full hop nair as a secondary option at that range. If he does it and hits your shield he will almost always pull back to avoid retaliation so don't be baited into doing any aerials OoS. Instead, you'll want to react accordingly depending on what type of nair he did...*points below*

Short hop nair: wait to see if he'll shoot a followup arrow or not, you can also follow up with dash attack OoS right before he lands. Time it precisely though.

Full hop nair: He has plenty of options from this position, so the last thing you want to do in this case is chase him into the air. Instead, use the moment to quickly pull a turnip and shield again right away. He'll have to make a choice on whether or not he wants to follow up with a drop down zair or stay in the air and retreat/pull a bomb. This is the situation you want to condition him into because at the very least: it resets both characters' positioning and you have a turnip in hand now.

Good luck on learning the matchup further, it's definitely one of Peach's trickier ones to deal with. Every motion and decision in this matchup counts because either chareacter can quickly snatch a lead.

z00ted

Thanks for the advice guys.
(Althought I couldn't use King Beef's because I left for a smash fest before reading it)

I got my revenge against Jerm and did really well against Gnes :D

Jerm and I also never lost a set in doubles lol.
I'll have videos uploaded later.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Top Bottom