• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Silly Kyle Video Archive and Critique Thread

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
Mexican Peach dittos!!!

Orsi (Peach) vs Mzno (Peach)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=owkEC_Wfvcg&feature=related

Orsi got 7th @ a recent Mexican tournament w/ 70 entrants & I think Mzno may have gotten 5th, but idk: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=287191
I'm Mexicaan. :)

Lemmy post my vids up..

ChuyISChewy vs. PeachGuard

ChuyISChewy mains Kirby.
PeachGuard mains... Peach...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIBp-OMHr6g (I lose)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBlotv46ZoY&feature=related (I win!! :D)

I've gotten way better since then. Keep in mind I've been playing since date joined on Smashboards.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I was rooting for you in the second match, Ill! So close. Jerm is annoying and campy XD But that's expected with Toon Link I suppose

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I watched your matches, I liked them.

everyone plays Peach differently then me, I float cancel alot - you guys are really fluid and its unpredictable.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
I watched your matches, I liked them.

everyone plays Peach differently then me, I float cancel alot - you guys are really fluid and its unpredictable.
Thanks! Now imagine that and 2x better right now. :p

I see your Peach to be very...

Horizontal lol. For some reason I feel like my floating is ********, lol. Your floating is like... Perfect?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Well done, Illdawg. That was a significant improvement on your part from the last set I watched between you two. You played it nicely.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
@Ill - Much, much better. Huge improvement from last time. You were much more grounded and only went in the air when you needed to i.e. for follow ups which stopped you from taking so much damage and putting yourself in dangerous situations. A more solid ground game/Turnip game overall too

A couple of things I noticed but really good stuff though, I felt you were really in control and knew what you were doing during the whole matches which is something I didn't get from your other set vs TL

@PeachGuard - Not bad, there's defintly some control/spacing/desicion improvements that can be made and you possibly need to learn a bit more about the match up but that all just comes with practice

Edit: The pivot pull looked like you just accidently buffered a turn around with a Turnip pull

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
I really need to start putting up stuff... But my freaking capture card doesnt like my laptop ;____;

I'm tempted to take my camcorder and just record off the tv at this point -_-

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
Oooh PK I can help ya out D:
Oh thats right, I totally forgot you upload stuff DX

I might be going to a smashfest/holding one tomorrow. I make sure to get alot of replays and I'll send probably 2 replays every time i want something uploaded. One where i play well, and one where i dont.

/adds on aim in like 5 seconds

Metatitan

Smash Master
Ill try to get footage up eventually (in my spare time when im not partying, hanging out, at class, or smashing with trevonte), but for some reason trevonte's sd card wont work with my homebrew. We'll figure something out

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
If anyone feels like watching a different matchup.

Vs Jerm (Toon Link)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17y42Ye6maM <- Game 3 :)

Vs Ozz (Marth)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I7wX3FPtAM

This was about three weeks ago, I was trying to learn the Marth matchup from Ozz.
:S Me= Jealous.

I'm still not at that level. :| You are SUPAH AGRESSIVE.

One thing I noticed what could be kinda bad was that every time you'd run you'd shield. I actually think it works very well for the Marth match-up, but other characters that like to abuse grabs... :| Not sure if it's an awesome idea. Do you do it because of momentum? Because, to me, it seems that you go farther/ faster when you glide toss after shielding.

Maybe it's just me lol. Either way, awesome job.

Not like my opinion matters much anyway. XD! I think my videos proved that much.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I love WHITE's use of upsmash :) Technical Peach and fun to watch, kinda risky at times though. Oh well, it's totes fun to risk it all sometimes. :D

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
If anyone feels like watching a different matchup.

Vs Jerm (Toon Link)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17y42Ye6maM <- Game 3 :)

Vs Ozz (Marth)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0I7wX3FPtAM

This was about three weeks ago, I was trying to learn the Marth matchup from Ozz.
Hmm, I watched the one with you vs Ozz and I can tell you're winging it against Marth for the most part. What you want to do is get accustomed to challenging his quick aerial startup speed and cooldown with your options that are equally as quick and/or ranged. During his fair cooldown: fight him back with bair, or you can challenge his spacing with your own fair if you're feeling confident. You want to be about-face against him with a turnip in hand at least 70% of the time. From there you can punish/challenge him up close with a float cancel bair/nair OoS, or you can chase him with a turnaround forward glidetoss during his cooldown if he spaces and pulls away (which will most often be the case).

Be on the lookout for any of his nair mixups, and punish with a spaced fair or toad if he approaches you with it.

Peach's jab beats his bladedance by two frames, so make sure you're ready to beat him to the punch in close quarters combat. Also be wary of his dolphin slash as an alternative.

Edgeguard him with turnips from onstage at least 80% of the time. **Try and force him to use his second jump and/or airdodge with a turnip toss so that he is forced to recover from low, time a ledgegrab so that he'll be forced to recover onto the stage rather than sweetspot the ledge, then immediately float from the ledge and punish his landing lag with a groundfloat bair and force him offstage again (or nair/fair/any ground option if you don't float past him in time). Repeat as many times as you can manage before he eventually dies or recovers.

^ **(unless he manages to save his jump and forward B stall in the air while he waits for your invincibility to wear off, which good Marths will be able to do a lot).

Up your turnip use a bit in general against him too. Hold them during f-smashes, use lots of pivot glidetosses, toss them OoS for when he spaces your shield, etc.

Hope this helps. :3

z00ted

thanks.
gotta be spammy against Marth I guess.

yeah I was winging it :p

oh yeah my match wasnt against Toon Link it was Luigi..

woops lol

z00ted

you can put them both up, we don't have any Luigi's.

make me neon green like before :).

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I never understood why we have separate threads for videos and video critique.

hiROI

Smash Lord
Kyon will be sending a video to 2link for me of me vs HRNUT because I want to show dem muh gucci's in action even though i lost the set let me show how cute i can be winning one game because thats how i roll~
I think it should be merged since i feel the video thread takes away from the critique thread since more people check this thread more often

Top Bottom