• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Silly Kyle Video Archive and Critique Thread

Metatitan

Smash Master
People have the misconception that fast = the amount of attacks/movements you throw out in a given time. Fast is reaction time, whether it's reacting to a shift in your opponent's spacing, following up a combo, of DIing out of a combo yourself. People who play fast and do well do so because they're reacting so much quicker than other people.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
People have the misconception that fast = the amount of attacks/movements you throw out in a given time. Fast is reaction time, whether it's reacting to a shift in your opponent's spacing, following up a combo, of DIing out of a combo yourself. People who play fast and do well do so because they're reacting so much quicker than other people.
Did you ever think of movement as being a form of conditioning to increase a player's reaction time? Some people are literally born with quicker reaction time, but I'm also not against the idea that people can train themselves to have a rather equivalent reaction speed. Lord knows I wasn't nearly as fast as I am with my Brawl characters today, even after coming straight onto the game from Melee.

After all...if one is comfortable with their character in every possible way, including many if not all possible forms of movement, then they will also seldom second guess their own reaction to an opposing attack/strategy, which is often another issue that average/above average players can encounter within themselves...the inability to quickly and absolutely be sure when put on the spot.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
People have the misconception that fast = the amount of attacks/movements you throw out in a given time.

What is it then? If I rush my upponent with quick and perfectly canceled FC aerials/attacks and succeed at that, people will say "Wow your Peach is so fast!".

I'm not saying I disagree with you, not at all actually, but the amount of attacks/movements you throw out in a given time does also fall under being fast.

:052:

Metatitan

Smash Master
If you have a fast reaction time then the RIGHT attack will come out quicker, or at the time when needed. Sure you can be "fast" by just spamming floated autocancel nairs but you wouldn't be very smart in doing that.

gantrain05

Smash Master
speed isn't exactly being "flashy" i agree with meta, its the ability to react to a situation w/out second guessing yourself, i play a rather boring peach, but it works. i know how/when to react when i need to, i've seen fast flashy peaches and slow patient peaches both do very well, if u can do both your probably alot better off tho. some people just can't adjust to a drastic change in playstyle very well.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I won some matches versus Razer but that was the only one that got recorded.

Zori destroyed me, I was too aggressive.

I have some matches that I need to be uploaded - can anyone help me?
I can send them to your Wii.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Your friend has quite a Snake. His style vaguely reminds me of Infern's wacky and bold style. Great uair pressure while he was in the air, is that guaranteed to beat out any of his surprise aerials if you space correctly? Also punish his DACUS a little harder if you can anticipate them; groundfloat nair, groundfloat bair, f-smash, and turnip all punish it quite successfully. Make sure you're also a little more careful with how you space your dair on his shield if you're feeling ballsy, your friend didn't punish quite as hard with u-tilt and pivot grabs as most other Snakes would if you spaced that low or that close, again just be more careful with that.

Oh and also, **** YES to Holy Orders in your 8th match on Battlefield. Ky Kiske ftw!
Cool song choice with Bruce's theme on Delfino. Tekken 2 ftw.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
All i saw the the halberd game, and im like "I cant believe KB things my style is like this snake" :'(
It is and you know it LOL (aka wacky). I didn't say you guys are exactly the same or anything. You still da bess. <3

God Kais!

Edit: watch some more of the matches though, bro. The Halberd one was one of his worst matches.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord

Oh and also, **** YES to Holy Orders in your 8th match on Battlefield. Ky Kiske ftw!
Cool song choice with Bruce's theme on Delfino. Tekken 2 ftw.
OMG, I NEVER thought I would compliment on the Tekken 2 music I put in. Thank You for noticing, I'm also glad you liked the guilty gear. I think it's obvious I like fighting games, that also have **** music.

Your friend has quite a Snake..
:)

All i saw the the halberd game, and im like "I cant believe KB things my style is like this snake" :'(
:( , it's ok though I understand. terrible match.

Aww, be nice to Tommy.
:)

It is and you know it LOL (aka wacky). I didn't say you guys are exactly the same or anything. You still da bess. <3

God Kais!

Edit: watch some more of the matches though, bro. The Halberd one was one of his worst matches.
Yeah, probably is the worst.

Moozle

Smash Champion
My twin Peach :p I love watching your matches BTC. I play Blankvi a lot too, and I know that even with lag the matches can be great.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I honestly thought his style was a bit predictable - pull up a Turnip, throw it, Float over and Fair. Marth could have easily wrecked that by simply walking out of the way and Fairing Peach as she landed with the Fair or F Tilted her as she was landing. Maybe I'm looking at it wrong, it just looked a bit...samey. Nevertheless it worked, good stuff on him placing 2nd. Lol at the Bob-omb - that **** never gets old

On furthur watching...he beat both his Marth AND MK?

Oh dear...you've met with a terrible fate haven't you?

:p

z00ted

Since we're talking about all this new stuff, this should be updated.

Kyon if doing two threads in the Peach boards is too much, I'll take control of this one.

z00ted

For real, lol.

I would like to take control the thread, I'll stick on top of it, and edit in almost all videos the day they are requested.

Alot of the videos are broken too.

Whaddya say Kyon?

Top Bottom