• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Silly Kyle Video Archive and Critique Thread

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Did you guys know that every single time, every single time you guys pull a turnip and don't move I'm like "Uggghhhhh".

Especially when you guys are running and stop to pull one. It's like "omg you people fail".

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Did you guys know that every single time, every single time you guys pull a turnip and don't move I'm like "Uggghhhhh".

Especially when you guys are running and stop to pull one. It's like "omg you people fail".
So what? As long as we're already at a safe enough distance away to make a pull (which I often make sure I am), what's the point in sliding toward/away? The necessity to space/retreat from the opponent isn't present. Sometimes it's beneficial not to move and just read what the opponent will try to do (or not do) in response to the turnip pull.

It's similar to the Diddy mindset of waiting a split second to see how the opponent will react after bring hit by a banana if Diddy isn't close enough to immediately punish, except Peach should just wait with a turnip in hand.

B Stick sux. <3

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Oh, I didn't mean to imply it was wrong or anything.

It's just really awkward for me to watch videos of you guys. I'm just so accustomed to watching Peach move during a pull that every time she doesn't I'm caught off-guard.

Like dinosaurs stuck in a tar pit.

Just kinda funny. :p

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
LOL nice pic. xD

@ Kyon- I find it cool too, but it takes away more than it gives imho. Then again, I'm a stickler about working with default controls (with the exception of turning tap jump off for certain characters). But since Meno makes it work then he really is the unique Peach of us all lol.

Did you guys watch all of the vids?

Metatitan

Smash Master
B sticking is..... well B sticking. Try to look at the peach for what they do and not what the don't do as far as AT's go (because being a good player>knowing optional AT's)

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
Just do it the Rickerdy way. L or R to special and ta-da, freepull. Or even better, do it like me: use the Wiichuck, D-pad to smashes and ta-da, freepull and optimal float control!!

But since you guys stick to that old-fashioned GC controller, I highly recommend listening to Rickerdy's advice. Freepulling is awesome!

:052:

Two-Ell

Smash Master
KB it was very interesting watching the matches as I recorded them. Your Peach is so spontaneous and you've got some good technical skill with the turnips. I get a little surprised even now how varied this character can be in other people's hands.

Kyon could you add these to the tips and tricks section? They're the two videos from my free pull guide. They both link back to the guide also if anyone happens to watch them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d81dCQ60D4E Example: Non-BStick Free Pulling

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PvJWSlouwwo Example: Non-BStick Free Pulling 2 With Pivoting

-Cross-

Smash Ace
KB what method did you use to platform cancel in your match vs Omni? You seemed to be using shield. But then how did you instant platform drop after platform cancelling?

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
KB it was very interesting watching the matches as I recorded them. Your Peach is so spontaneous and you've got some good technical skill with the turnips. I get a little surprised even now how varied this character can be in other people's hands.
Thanks, I appreciate that. That is exactly how I look to build my Peach: around constant spontaneity. I'm glad it's becoming apparent to other eyes as well. :)

KB what method did you use to platform cancel in your match vs Omni? You seemed to be using shield. But then how did you instant platform drop after platform cancelling?
Yeah I use shield to platform cancel. To instant platform drop, all I did was hold down after I released the shield trigger as I landed. In fact, there are different ways to end up landing on the platform depending on even the slightest touch of the shield trigger and the amount of time you hold down as you land. It can vary between a light lagless landing, a landing with a bit of a pause and "oomph" feel to it (similar to a failed autocancel but not nearly as bad) which I consider an "incorrect" landing, and the instant platform drop by pressing down and shield, then releasing shield and still holding down afterward. It's not hard at all after the borderline religious practice I put into doing it and getting a feel for each timing. xD

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
my net's been down. ima watch some of ya'll vids soon haha.

but maaan, where is the vid of me actually winning vs anuar's mk xD

it was a 3/5 set. game 2 is missing coz otherwise there would be no RC if he won them all LOL

it's all good. i gotta fix some spacing **** and if there we toads/dsmashes from far away it's a failed mannypull but i've been practicing my techs and i'm getting more consistent so ima try to use that stuff a lot more in game.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
Ill I at least got to watch ur set vs jerm and it's pretty coo. I think you react pretty slow to a lot of stuff though and I think it's because there are situations where you don't know what else you can do. A good example of this would be your 2nd stock on SV where he ***** you with that hilarious run past ur shield twice + empty sh hop + usmash just to deplete ur shield. As soon as you as him take even a step towards u you had other options y'kno. jab, retreat float fair, fh airdodge, gf nair, etc. just figure out where you feel you get stuck in your shield like that or where u choose to roll and try to think of other options so u don't fall into dumb ****.

oh, and i think that you shud add fastfall airdodge as a mix-up from your float more. Peach is super vulnerable in the air so on the way down you fell into a ton of Jerm's projectile combos b/c of her lack of options. Your moves get really telegraphed on the way down. You either fair or bair and jerm can just run away from it coz it's so telegraphed after your float and double jump are gone. Gotta get to that ground safely man. Prob cud also use going that high into the air with a turnip in hand also since u can still use your aerials anyway.

You're not rly doing anything badly I don't think, you just have options that you aren't using that might make Jerm a bit easier to fight.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
I dont think I was reacting slowly. But yeah there were alot more options that I could have done in that set and I have changed my playstyle a bit against him and am doing pretty well.

When is this going to get an update?

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
well you get the point haha.

and it's all the same really b/c if you recognize the other options quicker then you'll be faster than you already are so I guess that's another way to say it

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Yeah I totally understand what your saying.
It's just practice, practice, practice.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Hey guys, here's a recent video of me fighting my friend's Snake. He kinda gets wrecked by my Peach this match... usually he does better against me. Anywho... I try to freepull a few times this match. Still getting the timing down and I'm better at doing it now than I was in this video.

8/27/10
Silly Kyle :peach: vs. TommyDerMeister :snake:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zO1sLYNoYzQ

Leon94

Smash Journeyman
lol yes sorry for not having registered rather but my english sucks but I often look at the message boards on

deepseadiva

3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
lol yes sorry for not having registered rather but my english sucks but I often look at the message boards on
It's okay.

You're already more comprehensible and useful than most of the people on the board.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
Ahhh finally, nice to see Leon is on SWF now :)

I wonder if in the future I can get some money together/pluck up some courage and go to a tourney in France, you guys seem to have some pretty frequent/large tourneys over there

Lol whenever I watch Peach ditto matches, I always think of the times I've played you Yaaay :p

Peach dittos are so stupid. Give me MK any day

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I thought you did really well considering it was on Rainbow Cruise...what an awful stage to fight MK on lol xD

I need to get myself over to these Bushido tourneys, do many people from the UK go to them?
Bushido is in France though :p

And iirc, a handful of UK players do visit, but tbh, if you want to go to a tourney, you should go to (a smaller) one in your own country first.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Movement fakes people out if you've got a quick wit. I love it, it's so ****. But admittedly there are slower paced Peaches that do equally as well. I suppose it's just a style thing.

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I don't think all that movement doesn't you any good. Well not for me cause I'd get tired faster. And remember peach in japan isn't very good.
Japanese Peaches are imo also not that good, but they apply Peach's movement skills really well and tbh, I actually do find it helpful because not only does it help her mobility, it's also confusing for your opponent and it can open a lot of options as you can do ANY attack after a quick float hop.

lloDownedu74

Smash Ace
I think I saw some Japanese results where there were like 4 Peaches int top 13.... Idk, i might be imagining things.

But yeah, they do play really fast. My Peach is really slow, so it's pretty interesting to see how fast Peach can play :p

Top Bottom