• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Silly Kyle Video Archive and Critique Thread

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
hmm, i'm watching the rest coz yami is just cool to watch but u have a lot of move choice issues. u get hit or fair'd out of a lot of things that you try where u prob would've landed a hit if u just did something faster or making him whiff b/c dodging is faster (EX: dropping float and airdodging instead of chasing him w/ dair).

Nicole

Smash Champion
@Red
You play the MU pretty well, I was impressed because whenever (besides a select few) people post vids of Peach v MK they are either playing a bad MK or doing it wrong.

You play well onstage, but you have to be more careful recovering. You cant always count on luck and kill MK at 90% when you get shuttle looped. if you are high up just float offscreen as high as you can. don't be afraid to hit him with moves while you're up there. you can dair/bair/fair as you try to recover. it depends on how high you are. his second kill, you should have just started falling and done an aerial when you saw him coming at you. if you see him gliding at you just nair. if you are really high up then just stay up there, but you dont want to stay onscreen in 'mid-height' - that is shuttle loop bait. Either recover high or low, you cant do anything else.

Learn to nair out of tornado, it's pretty easy and really makes MK afraid to use nado. Sometimes I wait until MK is at kill % to show them that i can do it. Since landing kill moves can be kinda a pain on him, it's an easy setup.

When you sh-dair his shield, don't land, just float or land behind him. You can do another aerial on his shield (like nair or bair) or just float away, but you dont want to land in front of him. Sh dairs are good against him but you have to space them so you land behind or else he'll get you. Don't telegraph your fairs - approach him when he approaches you, not when he is waiting to react to what you do. You get up-b'd alot for going at him with fair when he's not leaving himself open.

Mostly just get better offstage. Peach has a great recovery as far as Peach v MK is concerned (because her horizontal range is so great) and her umbrella is ridiculously high priority. The MK you played didnt try to up b you or nair you off the ledge when you recovered low, but better MKs will do that. Umbrella will go through it all if you angle it correctly or do it early enough. Dont fall into his loops. you can take a couple uairs fine and DI them easily but you cant live from loops so be sure you avoid those with airdodges - you might have to do a little prediction, but if you put yourself in better positions offstage you'll have to do less and less guesswork.

nice peach!

Nicole

Smash Champion
^then have your bro do it. he could contribute something to these boards seeing as how he's the best peach and all, and we could all use his guidance. :psycho:

plus i dont know much about fighting shiek...so i wouldnt be the best person to tell you what youre doing right and wrong.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i used to know the shiek MU, back when i still played with Zash........but its been sooooo long i feel any advice i would give would be incorrect.

DrakeRowan

Just call me "Rowan"
3DS FC
3668-9905-1901
How to improve my peach

I watched the set and it's more or less how I would play against Sheik as well. I suggest you improve your edgeguarding game a bit though. You might had gimped Sheik if you'd stayed on the ledge during the battlefield match.

Some edgeguarding suggestions/options:

-Side-B off the ledge.
Side-B is surprisingly good at gimping people who like to go for the ledge when they recover. I highly recommend doing this at times.

-Toad at the ledge
This is somewhat risky and isn't always reliable; however, it does work against people who like to use some sort of ledge attack (i.e. Samus players who like to use ledge attack with fair or zair). It'll also make them weary if they should ledge attack or not.

-Throw/Z-drop turnips down and off the edge
This screws with tether recoveries and Marth's dolphin slash recovery decently well.

-Dsmash at the ledge
This is an old favorite I might use if the opponent stays on the ledge for too long. Easy-Stage spike.

gantrain05

Smash Master
whats better than Dsmash is a reverse ground floated Nair at the ledge, for some reason it has some kind of ******** huge hitbox below the stage.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
i just watched like 1 of each char coz there's no fkn way i'm watching over an hour of footage lmao.

you are right about the falling dair, it iiiiiiiiiiis good though if you notice that the opponent is too scared to challenge it but most good players will try to punish it.

i think you dair too much in general and ya land in front of the yoshi/oli grab range too much. but yeah, it's not a big deal, just pay more attention to your landings.

i didn't see any dash atk and that would've definitely helped punish some stuff that went unpunished.

i guess that's it. coo stuff.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Kyon wanna give me ownership of this thread?

I have alot of time on my hands.

z00ted

hohohohohohheheheheheehehe

time to get to work!

FROM THIS POINT FORWARD ANY VIDEOS SUBMITTED WILL BE UPDATED THAT DAY. (Unless it's Sunday, or like late at night lul)

If anyone has videos prior to this post that have already been submitted and not updated, and they feel that the videos would contribute a large amount to Peach's metagame or they just simply like it and they have not been added to the OP please repost them after this notification and I will gladly edit them in.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
2link121 vs. RedHalberd:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqzgUxEd9dQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5ND6iFbKy0

Honestly I neeeever like watching vids of myself play(even when I win) because I always feel like I do bad lol. I do watch them anyway though. I thought I'd post these here for you guys to see. I've had people tell me I didn't do that bad. I suppose I didn't. although I make a lot bad mistakes D: (reverse toad turning into bomber in game two >.>)

RedHalberd is PR'd #3 in FL currently under Seibrik and ESAM. I did have replays against Seibrik in bracket but they desync for some reason >.>

enjoy~(I guess lol)

Post if you namesearched :awesome:

:rosalina:

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I only have three vids ;__;

Me and my buddy did a Bo5 the other week. But Match 1 and 3 weren't recorded for some reason lol
I won them both, but here's the rest.

Match 2
Match 4
Match 5

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
I was going to critique your videos, DTP, but I don't know much about the Sonic MU and I didn't wanna say a lot of unhelpful stuff.

Your Peach is really fast and creative though. :o

Specially in close quarters.

2link121 vs. RedHalberd:
Menotes while I watch:

At :03 you missed a chance to upwards glidetoss toward him. Not entirely sure it would have hit since he canceled the glide so early, but it was a good opportunity to throw yourself under him - a really good position. One of the major perks about turnips is the added mobility. Abuse it!

At :08, bad turnip pull. Never so close. It's a really basic mistake, eliminate it from your game!

At :16 you get juggled three times trying to land back into him. Not saying it was entirely a bad choice just because it ended poorly on this occasion (you did try three different aerials), but consider trying to land away next time as well.

At :21 you beat tornado with a fresh ftilt! An often forgotten tool in that match-up. :D

At :25, I would avoid voluntarily jumping on the platforms against Meta when he's on the floor. It's a bad position to be above him, and you end up paying for it with a mini-juggle.

MK: 106% ***
Peach: 67% ***
[MK loses first stock]

That entire final play was beautiful. You carefully avoid a juggle, ****load of jabs, you abuse the shield advantage on fair and bair, effective turnip use, and you finish the stock with a platform usmash killing at 90%! Good example of how to play the match-up.

Let's see the rest, shall we?

At 1:00, oh you make the mistake of being above him again. There goes 40%.

At 1:06, okay, you Toaded once before, and while I think it's a weaker choice overall, I gave you the benefit of the doubt. We all go for our crazy mix-ups, right? But then, when you come back after being punished, you do it again. WHY???

At 1:15, you don't get punished because Halberd is busy spamming dsmash, but that turnip pull is too close for comfort. Noting this mistake once again for emphasis.

At 1:24, TOAD ISN'T GOOD UGH. Using it this often isn't advisable, especially since you've been punished every single time for using it. I recommend using it much higher and earlier as more of a stall to eat up one of his jumps as he waits for you.

MK: 22% **
Peach: 151% ***
[Peach loses first stock]

That entire stock was Halberd throwing you around "edge-juggling" - hitting you with something strong enough to get you into the upper corners, and waiting and punishing you when you get back. Recover better, and keep in mind positioning (note: above is bad).

At 1:40, first priority is getting to the ground, why Toad when he's across the stage? I'll assume... technical error.

At 2:03, don't forget to angle your shield upward against Tornado!

At 2:37, you jump and float dair his shield. This is 2010.

At 2:41, this is your fifth Toad. ...at least it's semi-safe.

MK: 67% **
Peach: 135% **
[Peach loses second stock]

Halberd started abusing Tornado a lot more, really taking advantage of your habit of being in the air. Your aerials helped in the first stock, but he's caught on. Stop jumping and play more on the ground. Additionally, every one of your ledge options was jump then aerial. Predictable and easily taken care of. plz fix

At 3:01, classic tornado. One of the easy rules an MK can follow for free damage and a juggle opportunity is: if you see a Peach floating, Tornado. Don't give him that.

At 3:02, do not roll on tiny platforms. Little invincibility and movement with tons of lag. Level 1 mistake.

MK: 91% **
Peach: 157% *
[Peach loses last stock]

There was no ground game that last stock, with like a single turnip - you even resorted to charging fsmash. Halberd played the match-up incredibly, but it only helped him that your landings and ledge options were poor.

:glare:

I may do other matches later.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero
2link121 vs. RedHalberd:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oqzgUxEd9dQ
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X5ND6iFbKy0

Honestly I neeeever like watching vids of myself play(even when I win) because I always feel like I do bad lol. I do watch them anyway though. I thought I'd post these here for you guys to see. I've had people tell me I didn't do that bad. I suppose I didn't. although I make a lot bad mistakes D: (reverse toad turning into bomber in game two >.>)

RedHalberd is PR'd #3 in FL currently under Seibrik and ESAM. I did have replays against Seibrik in bracket but they desync for some reason >.>

enjoy~(I guess lol)

Post if you namesearched :awesome:

:rosalina:
I'm like that too. I make more mistakes when I'm recording my play and I don't like watching myself play much either. Although I do say the advantage is I watch my play and look for the things I should and shouldn't have done at the specific points in those situations. Which will help and refrain myself from doing them again. It was a great match. Keep it the good work.

z00ted

Updated thread with DTP and 2link videos.

We finally got a Sonic 10' vid, anddddd I had to put 2link's name in cyan.

edit: There are alot of characters we don't have videos for in 2010. If anyone has prior videos to this date and wants them put in just post them here.

DTP

L o s t - in reality~
I was going to critique your videos, DTP, but I don't know much about the Sonic MU and I didn't wanna say a lot of unhelpful stuff.

Your Peach is really fast and creative though. :o

Specially in close quarters.
It's ok lol. I just wanted to show people my Peach! Mostly since I probably come across as a guy who just posts here and doesn't even play the game (Which is kinda true but meh).

And thanks :)

Top Bottom