• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Silly Kyle Video Archive and Critique Thread

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Same here, I have a couple of vids from 2link on the way as well from a smashfest. Just going to post them for entertainment. :3

LanceStern

Smash Lord
My general comments on those videos:

a. Waspiing wasping wasping :) :) :)
b. Your peach is so clean, I really enjoy it. I enjoy it the most actually. So clean.
c. How do you do pivot grabs so fast? They are almsot instant?

In video #1 at around 3:47 you use parasol on Pikachu. What I have been toying around with and having fun is using a reverse parasol on them at those times. Sometimes produces a rare, surprising KO, but if not they are in a bad position.

Yami 2b

Smash Apprentice
Wow amazing matches, especially the first one. :)
I really love Pikachu MU, it's too adorable to play. =3

Fuu, it remembers me some good times .... xD
But, it's confidential :c

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
My general comments on those videos:

a. Waspiing wasping wasping :) :) :)
b. Your peach is so clean, I really enjoy it. I enjoy it the most actually. So clean.
c. How do you do pivot grabs so fast? They are almsot instant?

In video #1 at around 3:47 you use parasol on Pikachu. What I have been toying around with and having fun is using a reverse parasol on them at those times. Sometimes produces a rare, surprising KO, but if not they are in a bad position.
Thank you, sir.

I use what I jokingly called the "Quivit Grab" back in 08. Just input a dash opposite of the direction that you want to grab, the grab button, and the c-stick in the direction that you want to grab (all simultaneously). It doesn't matter which direction she's facing while she's standing, the input will still make her grab in the direction that you want. I sometimes use it in the direction I'm already facing instead of a normal grab since the additional range is nifty and grab armor initiation is fairly common in case I happen to take damage during the slower grab animation.

Haha yeah I see what you mean with the parasol thing, that would have been cool. I'll keep that idea in mind for a rainy day.

Wow amazing matches, especially the first one. :)
I really love Pikachu MU, it's too adorable to play. =3

Fuu, it remembers me some good times .... xD
But, it's confidential :c
Yeah it's a fun matchup, one of my favorites. xD

Are those up for critique?
Nope, just for entertainment.

Gadiel_VaStar

Smash Champion
NNID
GadielVaStar

I wanna learn Bsticking anyways.

In certain MUs you have an advantage if you're able to consistantly freepull/ bonewalk rather than 80% of the time, only because you warmed up for it for 20min straight.

Seriously think about it. I really feel that it's something that can take Peach farther by making certain MUs easier.
Of course, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't utilize it.

A simple MU can become more than difficult for Peach when she runs out of room. Even then, that even applies to her not Bonewalking at all.

And spaced aerials might not have the same affect with Bonewalking.

Bonewalking:

You get an object in hand, that's not only used as an approach/ defensive tool, but can also be used to cover options the opponent has, while at the same time giving you distance to throw the object. Doing so will also cover most to any physical and close range options. This also gives you an extra option to go by. Most to all Peach mains can be a hassle to handle at mid range distance, which Bonewalking does for you.

Spaced Aerials:

As dumb as it may sound to people, Peach is more vulnerable in the air than on the ground. She already has the worst air dodge, and her float mobility is slow. Her second jump is horrible, and you can't shield attacks in the air. Even spaced aerials can be baited and whiffed into hard punishes. Even when in the air, you run out of space to keep opponents at a distance, due to the need to land.

Basically, Bonewalking can be way safer than properly spaced aerials. Just by looking at the fact that an aerial can be punished harder than a Bonewalk away.

Also, I know for a fact that running out of space is an issue whether you bonewalk or space aerials(It seriously needs to be discussed in MUs a LOT more. All I really see in MU discussions are head to head and long range advantages and disadvantages. Having room to do these things AT ALL is more important than actually doing them.)

And, I'm not saying to not use spaced aerials. It's obviously an important part of Peach's meta game, but very exploitable as well with Pshields and other quicker aerials in general.
^^^^
THIS

I really think b-sticking is a viable option. You can relearn the spacings on the control stick for Peach's aerials. I really find it that they actually come out quicker using control stick + A because the c-stick seems unresponsive @ times no matter what controller I use.

Also, I watched Meno's amazing Peach in doubles using strictly b-stick, and Peach seems to be flying higher than a kite when she's in b-stick mode! I hope his stream is still saved from SuperCon somewhere, but Peach really is on another level using b-stick. And his team wasn't facing just anyone! It was Tyrant/DSF, and his Peach was pretty much on their level w/ b-stick. They actually couldn't touch Meno because his bonewalking and freepulling gave him so much spacing, it really made it harder for them to get in.

The only downside is the SDi, but there must be another way to SDi somehow. If not, then you get more time to perfect regular DI, and you can still input the timings into regular DI. I don't see much of a difference when I SDI, but that could be just me not understanding it fully.

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
The truly invaluable thing about bstick to me is that it offers something I don't think you can describe too well on paper. It's just that... flow. Gadiel puts it very well though. :D

I don't think you're supposed to think of it as "I'm dropping everything for freepulling", as has been said, you're not losing anything as much as you're losing the crutch that is a cstick.

If the bstick wasn't comparable to the cstick, me and Yami would be struggling more than we are. ...and we aren't at all. lol

Also: See Xyless for convert success story.

Also also: KB is the dream Peach. It's like Japan and Europe had a baby. Officially a fanboy if that's how the Peach looks like now.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
^^^^
THIS

I really think b-sticking is a viable option. You can relearn the spacings on the control stick for Peach's aerials. I really find it that they actually come out quicker using control stick + A because the c-stick seems unresponsive @ times no matter what controller I use.

Also, I watched Meno's amazing Peach in doubles using strictly b-stick, and Peach seems to be flying higher than a kite when she's in b-stick mode! I hope his stream is still saved from SuperCon somewhere, but Peach really is on another level using b-stick. And his team wasn't facing just anyone! It was Tyrant/DSF, and his Peach was pretty much on their level w/ b-stick. They actually couldn't touch Meno because his bonewalking and freepulling gave him so much spacing, it really made it harder for them to get in.

The only downside is the SDi, but there must be another way to SDi somehow. If not, then you get more time to perfect regular DI, and you can still input the timings into regular DI. I don't see much of a difference when I SDI, but that could be just me not understanding it fully.
The truly invaluable thing about bstick to me is that it offers something I don't think you can describe too well on paper. It's just that... flow. Gadiel puts it very well though. :D

I don't think you're supposed to think of it as "I'm dropping everything for freepulling", as has been said, you're not losing anything as much as you're losing the crutch that is a cstick.

If the bstick wasn't comparable to the cstick, me and Yami would be struggling more than we are. ...and we aren't at all. lol

Also: See Xyless for convert success story.

Also also: KB is the dream Peach. It's like Japan and Europe had a baby. Officially a fanboy if that's how the Peach looks like now.
Thank you. :)

hiROI

Smash Lord
Vids from this past tounament :)

These are tournament vids, like bracket.

hiROI (Peach) vs. Action B. (Wario) - (1) (2)
The mentality of timing out ^^^^
For video number two, go straight to the beginning, like as in 0:00.

Viper (Marth/Falco) vs. hiROI (Peach) - (2) (3)
The first vid of the set didn't get recorded, but it was last stock high percent and Viper won the match. I think the second stock of video 2 should be in a combo video~*~*~ just sayin' gurl

And here is a doubles vid:

Loser's Finals: Gallax (Snake) & XDeath (MK) vs. D-Torr (ZSS) & hiROI (Peach) - (Set)

KassandraNova

Smash Master
3DS FC
4167-5079-1850
Probably going to use my dair happy peach a bit this weekend. Ill try to get it recorded and post it here so you guys can tell me to stop dairing. ^_^ and stuff! :D

Nicole

Smash Champion
wow, thanks mikey. i typed in the letters just like you had them in place of the *** and it works now!

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
hiroi didn't watch the wario ones yet but i saw the viper set.

u did fine on brinstar but u shud watch ur landings, if ur high in the air just don't even be tempted to land near him.

vs the falco though u did pretty well too but like you need to slow down and not run into him sometimes.

hmm...oh and you shudn't pull turnips if you don't know what to do with them. you looked confused as **** when u pulled a turnip coz u knew he'd reflect. basically when u c the reflector glide toss them down (quicker than doing it upwards) and punish him. you also shudn't throw them up when edgeguarding falco. hold onto them and throw them AT him so he waste his jump or does the side b earlier or sumtin.

hmm...oh and as for jab if you're quick w/ the SDI just SDI upwards and nair them.

and for kyon i told u on aim but yah don't keep jumping and trying to float around the sharking. shield, roll, go somewhere else haha.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
I'm very impressed you can do it with that consistancy Lance! You're better at it than me xD
My method can be very hit and miss with the Peach Bomber's, D Smash's and Dash Attacks as you've probably noticed

@Kyon - at 4:22, I noticed something really odd

You land a Fair on MK's shield. MK is then about to Shuttle Loop you OoS - you can tell because he goes into the starting animation of it - but you get your Jab in first
I thought a grounded Shuttle Loop was supposed to be invincible on the first few frames?

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I'm very impressed you can do it with that consistancy Lance! You're better at it than me xD
My method can be very hit and miss with the Peach Bomber's, D Smash's and Dash Attacks as you've probably noticed

@Kyon - at 4:22, I noticed something really odd

You land a Fair on MK's shield. MK is then about to Shuttle Loop you OoS - you can tell because he goes into the starting animation of it - but you get your Jab in first
I thought a grounded Shuttle Loop was supposed to be invincible on the first few frames?
Shuttle Loop hits on frame 8 and is invincible from frame 5-8. On the first four frames he is vulnerable.

You may be confusing MK's UpB with Marth's whicch is invincible from 1-4 and hits on 5.But that attack has its weaknesses on its own.

Top Bottom