• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Silly Kyle Video Archive and Critique Thread

Meru.

I like spicy food
NNID
Merudi
3DS FC
0963-1622-2801
I was going to critique your videos, DTP, but I don't know much about the Sonic MU and I didn't wanna say a lot of unhelpful stuff.

Your Peach is really fast and creative though. :o

Specially in close quarters.

Menotes while I watch:

At :03 you missed a chance to upwards glidetoss toward him. Not entirely sure it would have hit since he canceled the glide so early, but it was a good opportunity to throw yourself under him - a really good position. One of the major perks about turnips is the added mobility. Abuse it!

At :08, bad turnip pull. Never so close. It's a really basic mistake, eliminate it from your game!

At :16 you get juggled three times trying to land back into him. Not saying it was entirely a bad choice just because it ended poorly on this occasion (you did try three different aerials), but consider trying to land away next time as well.

At :21 you beat tornado with a fresh ftilt! An often forgotten tool in that match-up. :D

At :25, I would avoid voluntarily jumping on the platforms against Meta when he's on the floor. It's a bad position to be above him, and you end up paying for it with a mini-juggle.

MK: 106% ***
Peach: 67% ***
[MK loses first stock]

That entire final play was beautiful. You carefully avoid a juggle, ****load of jabs, you abuse the shield advantage on fair and bair, effective turnip use, and you finish the stock with a platform usmash killing at 90%! Good example of how to play the match-up.

Let's see the rest, shall we?

At 1:00, oh you make the mistake of being above him again. There goes 40%.

At 1:06, okay, you Toaded once before, and while I think it's a weaker choice overall, I gave you the benefit of the doubt. We all go for our crazy mix-ups, right? But then, when you come back after being punished, you do it again. WHY???

At 1:15, you don't get punished because Halberd is busy spamming dsmash, but that turnip pull is too close for comfort. Noting this mistake once again for emphasis.

At 1:24, TOAD ISN'T GOOD UGH. Using it this often isn't advisable, especially since you've been punished every single time for using it. I recommend using it much higher and earlier as more of a stall to eat up one of his jumps as he waits for you.

MK: 22% **
Peach: 151% ***
[Peach loses first stock]

That entire stock was Halberd throwing you around "edge-juggling" - hitting you with something strong enough to get you into the upper corners, and waiting and punishing you when you get back. Recover better, and keep in mind positioning (note: above is bad).

At 1:40, first priority is getting to the ground, why Toad when he's across the stage? I'll assume... technical error.

At 2:03, don't forget to angle your shield upward against Tornado!

At 2:37, you jump and float dair his shield. This is 2010.

At 2:41, this is your fifth Toad. ...at least it's semi-safe.

MK: 67% **
Peach: 135% **
[Peach loses second stock]

Halberd started abusing Tornado a lot more, really taking advantage of your habit of being in the air. Your aerials helped in the first stock, but he's caught on. Stop jumping and play more on the ground. Additionally, every one of your ledge options was jump then aerial. Predictable and easily taken care of. plz fix

At 3:01, classic tornado. One of the easy rules an MK can follow for free damage and a juggle opportunity is: if you see a Peach floating, Tornado. Don't give him that.

At 3:02, do not roll on tiny platforms. Little invincibility and movement with tons of lag. Level 1 mistake.

MK: 91% **
Peach: 157% *
[Peach loses last stock]

There was no ground game that last stock, with like a single turnip - you even resorted to charging fsmash. Halberd played the match-up incredibly, but it only helped him that your landings and ledge options were poor.

:glare:

I may do other matches later.

Your way of criticizing is truly amazing.

:052:

Two-Ell

Smash Master
@yaaay you mean critiquing lol. It burned to read, but it was needed. Honestly I believe I choked in that match. It didn't feel that way when I was playing, but that's probably what happened. Thanks a ton Meno I'll keep all that in mind.

1:40 was a techinical error. I made a lot of missinputs. I don't toad on the ground. I just use it when I'm recovering sometimes all though I failed a lot with that this set >.>

I let myself get intimidated by MK too much after losing my first stock.

:rosalina:

Nicole

Smash Champion
Ill:

First of all. DONT PEACH BOMBER TO THE LEDGE TO RECOVER AGAINST DDD. Don't do this against MK either, but DDD is one of the absolute best chars at punishing Peach bomber because his Bair lasts forever - he doesn't need to time it all that well, all he has to do is see the ridiculously long windup on Peach bomber and he can throw out his Bair pretty much whenever he likes.

Idk why Fogo let you get away with all those double dairs on his shield, but he shouldn't have. DDD has some options OOS that are fast enough to get you between the cooldown frames of the first dair and the startup frames of the next dair. It didn't really hurt him but he didn't give himself an advantage either. Anyways, consistently using double dair on DDD's shield isn't a good idea. Also, Fogo gets off the ledge by jumping and Dairing about 80% of the time - do something about that, a simple Utilt will do the trick.

Approaching with float is a bad idea, generally. Floating from any sort of distance isn't that good of an idea because he can just bair your approaches. You can do it sometimes but it looks like it's something that you're pretty reliant on, and that isn't good. Try approaching on the ground sometimes - watch for him to throw a waddle, powershield it, and run in and grab him. You can do the same to ftilt. Don't approach on the ground any other way obviously, but he has a ton of lag on waddle throws and that way you mix up your approach game as well. You can also dash attack when he's coming down from the air sometimes. It's not a bad idea to be on the ground occasionally as long as you keep your distance.

When he's on the ledge trying to get back to the stage you don't need to be cute and try to do a bunch of tricky **** so that he is concerned about how he will get back to the stage. Just go away and let him back on. You lost the match on BF because you did this. He took advantage of something you did, knocked you offstage, Utilted your peach bomber recovery (bad), and you took about 70 damage before you started playing well again. You made a comeback but you ended up losing cause you had taken too much damage earlier. Peach is good at punishing DDD for trying to get back to the stage but if it's clear that he's going to play cautiously and wait for you to **** up, don't give him that chance and just reset the situation.

Try throwing turnips upwards at DDD when he is hanging out in the air doing multiple bairs. Also, when he starts playing cautiously and defensively, you need to do the same. You need to approach him but you can't be sloppy and you can't be doing anything risky - this is how he racked up the 70% on BF. You were way overaggressive and you were spacing poorly and doing careless approaches. It's hardest to get at him when he's at kill %. So don't make it easier for him to defend himself by giving him punish opportunities.

Punish his airdodges to the ground with groundfloated moves. You killed him once with a GF nair but you didn't use that option to punish many of his other landings. Also don't be afraid to go offstage and try to kill him when he's recovering. Just be sure to have a turnip and dont let go of your float if he starts inhale. DDD only has 4 jumps before his UpB, which is really punishable. Make him waste his jumps.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Well basically I knew alot of all that stuff witnessing the videos after playing Fogo.

If there were some way I could watch a video of myself losing immediately after playing that game I think I could do much better throughout the set, that probably goes for alot of other people too.

needs moar camp

Next time.

SupaSairentoZ7℠

Smash Hero

z00ted

A match vs RoyR's Marth a very skilled and underated player due to inactivity. As well as a video versus his Captain Falcon.

I did more matches vs his Marth earlier on in the day, will have them put up here too.

If anyone remembers, Marth is probably one of my worst matchups so critique / commentary is highly welcomed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BT-3RFCWhPA

Probably some of the most recent videos of my Peach.

Will have my set vs Razer (Snake), Trela (Lucario), Jerm (Pikachu and Marth), Tesh (Sonic), Sync (Metaknight), and some others later.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i don't really know what a "peachdash" is, but all i saw was the guy jumping float cancelling the jump and then landing alot

that mk also didn't deserve that match, he was outplayed and scrubby, fuccccccccccckin metaknight.....

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I liked the way you played against him. I do feel that the d3 could have done a lot better if he used bair on stage just as much as he/she tried too off stage. You should try to abuse the fact that the d3 threw so many little d's. They can help refresh moves and can be used with peach bomb safely. You give off the feeling you play that mu often or a lot because of the certain spacing you had against him like his side tilt. Or your just good at spacing XD

@ yaaay. I was more impressed of that peach oos game more than the dashing. I think that would make me more tired XD I loved some of the options he used to punish but sometimes it's always good to slow down. I like watching other Peach styles

Yami 2b

Smash Apprentice
Holidays ended, back to Paris, nice resolution to upload new videos.
I hosted Zudenka, you know the Swiss Yoshi mainer (crazy), for 3 days before christmas holidays, so we could make few matches. Zudenka doesn't play Peach in these videos (damn, not taken replays). I can say the ditto Peaches matches were very close.
It was my first time i played againt a Yoshi offline.

I won :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKRFPz0zI4A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPRgV-9yk6g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FFIcpR2dL0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kndSu6JdX2k#t=1m25s

He won :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpaUxAjkGsk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXjTyIHCUJI How many sh*ts i pulled ??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU8SwgJ4UwY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n051O9DE05Y I'm sure being pregnant now !

There is a ditto match between leon and zudenka, i upload this video soon...

z00ted

....... noone even mentioned commenting on my Peach vs Marth.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
ill, your jumps kept getting punished and you have to be more careful when marth knocks you into the air. dairing down like that doesn't help. if you watch the vids you'll see a ton of the damage and kills you suffered was coz of this. happens to me too sometimes @_@ just play like you're olimar as in camp your *** off, read him, don't go too close to the edge, stay somewhat grounded, etc.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Holidays ended, back to Paris, nice resolution to upload new videos.
I hosted Zudenka, you know the Swiss Yoshi mainer (crazy), for 3 days before christmas holidays, so we could make few matches. Zudenka doesn't play Peach in these videos (damn, not taken replays). I can say the ditto Peaches matches were very close.
It was my first time i played againt a Yoshi offline.

I won :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LKRFPz0zI4A
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPRgV-9yk6g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4FFIcpR2dL0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kndSu6JdX2k#t=1m25s

He won :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpaUxAjkGsk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NXjTyIHCUJI How many sh*ts i pulled ??
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zU8SwgJ4UwY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n051O9DE05Y I'm sure being pregnant now !

There is a ditto match between leon and zudenka, i upload this video soon...

/j1zz

<3 Europe

Queen B. Kyon

Smash Master
I watched the Peach Match. I found it very enjoyable. Finally some material I can learn from. Feels a lot like melee. There is no such thing as shutterstep fsmash over there. XD

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
People who give a ****:

Metatitan
:c

Sorry guys, I want to like B Stick I really do but I just don't think Free Pulling is worth it for the so many things that the C Stick offers :(

I watch your B Stick'ers videos and I don't think I've ever watched a video and gone 'ooohh if it wasn't for the B Stick/that Free Pull, he would have lost!', whereas I find myself thinking a lot 'Now if they'd had the C Stick, that spacing would have been a lot better/they would have hit with that/they wouldn't have got hit with that'

IMO the Free Pull is just far too situational to sacrifice the C Stick for and that's why I don't like it. Half of the time, the Turnips that are Free Pulled don't need to be :(

I do enjoy watching your videos though, don't get me wrong :p

gantrain05

Smash Master
i also agree with rick, Bstick looks fancy and nice and all, but i don't think its advantageous over Cstick at all, i like my retreating Fairs and SDI too much.

but the videos are lookin good^^ we need more japan peaches tho, i love watchin them play lol.

z00ted

speicify what videos you want me to put up and I'll do it Yami.

Leon94

Smash Journeyman
I really miss peach now, I played marth a lot my last tounaments, I will probably use peach more next time

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
:c

Sorry guys, I want to like B Stick I really do but I just don't think Free Pulling is worth it for the so many things that the C Stick offers :(

I watch your B Stick'ers videos and I don't think I've ever watched a video and gone 'ooohh if it wasn't for the B Stick/that Free Pull, he would have lost!', whereas I find myself thinking a lot 'Now if they'd had the C Stick, that spacing would have been a lot better/they would have hit with that/they wouldn't have got hit with that'

IMO the Free Pull is just far too situational to sacrifice the C Stick for and that's why I don't like it. Half of the time, the Turnips that are Free Pulled don't need to be :(

I do enjoy watching your videos though, don't get me wrong :p
i also agree with rick, Bstick looks fancy and nice and all, but i don't think its advantageous over Cstick at all, i like my retreating Fairs and SDI too much.

but the videos are lookin good^^ we need more japan peaches tho, i love watchin them play lol.

I wanna learn Bsticking anyways.

In certain MUs you have an advantage if you're able to consistantly freepull/ bonewalk rather than 80% of the time, only because you warmed up for it for 20min straight.

Seriously think about it. I really feel that it's something that can take Peach farther by making certain MUs easier.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i just can't see it making MU's easier, even bonewalking can be punished/u run out of room eventually/you can play keep away with spaced arials just as effectively. until i see someone just destroy somebody that was completely and utterly obvious that they won because of one single AT i won't believe it.

z00ted

it's just extremely flashy and looks nice I gotta admit I sorta wanna utilize it in my gameplay.

then I remember this is America; i'll just stick to the way I play yoshis :troll:

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
i just can't see it making MU's easier, even bonewalking can be punished/u run out of room eventually/you can play keep away with spaced arials just as effectively. until i see someone just destroy somebody that was completely and utterly obvious that they won because of one single AT i won't believe it.
Of course, but it doesn't mean we shouldn't utilize it.

A simple MU can become more than difficult for Peach when she runs out of room. Even then, that even applies to her not Bonewalking at all.

And spaced aerials might not have the same affect with Bonewalking.

Bonewalking:

You get an object in hand, that's not only used as an approach/ defensive tool, but can also be used to cover options the opponent has, while at the same time giving you distance to throw the object. Doing so will also cover most to any physical and close range options. This also gives you an extra option to go by. Most to all Peach mains can be a hassle to handle at mid range distance, which Bonewalking does for you.

Spaced Aerials:

As dumb as it may sound to people, Peach is more vulnerable in the air than on the ground. She already has the worst air dodge, and her float mobility is slow. Her second jump is horrible, and you can't shield attacks in the air. Even spaced aerials can be baited and whiffed into hard punishes. Even when in the air, you run out of space to keep opponents at a distance, due to the need to land.

Basically, Bonewalking can be way safer than properly spaced aerials. Just by looking at the fact that an aerial can be punished harder than a Bonewalk away.

Also, I know for a fact that running out of space is an issue whether you bonewalk or space aerials(It seriously needs to be discussed in MUs a LOT more. All I really see in MU discussions are head to head and long range advantages and disadvantages. Having room to do these things AT ALL is more important than actually doing them.)

And, I'm not saying to not use spaced aerials. It's obviously an important part of Peach's meta game, but very exploitable as well with Pshields and other quicker aerials in general.

gantrain05

Smash Master
im not talkin about like, jumpin up above someones head and Dairing, i just mean retreating Fairs, and i personally think you are more vulnerable while pulling a turnip bonewalking or not, than you are keeping your distance with a Fair or something, in my belief you shouldn't even be pulling turnips when you could be punished for it anyway, and when people catch on to bonewalking, its gonna get punished hard.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
im not talkin about like, jumpin up above someones head and Dairing, i just mean retreating Fairs, and i personally think you are more vulnerable while pulling a turnip bonewalking or not, than you are keeping your distance with a Fair or something, in my belief you shouldn't even be pulling turnips when you could be punished for it anyway, and when people catch on to bonewalking, its gonna get punished hard.

Well, why would you assume I'm talking about Dair on shield or something like that?

I was referring to spaced aerials as in retreating Fairs and Bairs. Hell, even retreating Dairs.

Also, when I talk about Bonewalking, I'm not saying that you should just use that instead of spaced aerials all the time.

Once someone catches on to spaced aerials, they should be punished harder anyway.

I've seen how difficult it can be to keep up with a Peach that Bsticks and bonewalks away for spacing. It's hard to keep up with it, also since most Peach players don't do that sort of thing. When you look at it, almost every single MU we've discussed has mentioned bonewalking, but it hasn't really been talked about. It's usually always tossed aside as a useless tool, when I know for a fact that it's not.

For instance, lets use Xyless and his tournament matches with a DDD as an example. Bonewalking seems VERY useful against someone like him. He's slow, and it's hard for him to catch up at all. With bonewalking, we already avoid his best tool for winning which is his grab. We can use the same example for ICs, Marth, ect. I'm not saying "Use it for EVERY MU". What I'm saying is that it's something we should all look into learning properly for ******** MUs due to annoying close range play that's hard to break.

gantrain05

Smash Master
i respect your opinion PG, i just happen to disagree with it =) i like to Cstick if anything just for the SDI ability, u like to bonewalk because you feel it gives u safer options.

all im really saying is that from my perspective, i don't see switching your Cstick to Bstick is beneficial, i don't think bonewalking is useless, but i don't think its worth changing your controls to Bstick.

¿Qué?

Smash Champion
i respect your opinion PG, i just happen to disagree with it =) i like to Cstick if anything just for the SDI ability, u like to bonewalk because you feel it gives u safer options.

all im really saying is that from my perspective, i don't see switching your Cstick to Bstick is beneficial, i don't think bonewalking is useless, but i don't think its worth changing your controls to Bstick.
I'm a Csticker lol.

I respect your opinion as well, as it contains valid points as to why it is your opinion(Mind F**k! BUWHAHAHHAA).

But I've just been wanting to learn Bstick.

And I don't plan on ultimately changing my controls. I actually want 2 different control settings, one being for Csticking and one of Bstick.

Nicole

Smash Champion
that yoshi was ****.

leon i miss your peach too.

bsticking is cool but not cool enough that i want to lose my c-stick *quotes ricks thoughts on the matter and claims as own*

nice vids peaches! i'll put some of my own up soon-ish

Top Bottom