• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Silly Kyle Video Archive and Critique Thread

Yami 2b

Smash Apprentice
Hey guys, it's been a while I cant come here, and I have a few various videos to show. =o
Please, take a look, and if you have some advice for Snake MU (and others), I'm all ears, cuz it's the worst xo.

VS Scop :snake: (BO5)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ynGQvrM1uOk
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dp-bPkALuQU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Da1j7BT1hfA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjDA30dx8X4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Js-0NwePzM

VS Lifes :gw: (BO3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MTPmFscY0E0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7THdJqS32Ic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FT2FGxx1nM

VS Satanpuu :sonic: (BO3)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFon8xVWjCE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=luVn38p_U-0

VS Telu :falcon: (BO5)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wkx9vwhm_rI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PzKOvCuQYX4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKEfN4I35cM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1KkpcvIOdg

And this :
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_list?p=5DD59F0CDF8FCBA9

Thank you.

There is another set with DDK's Deimos, vids aren't uploaded yet, but I can say that I am not at my best.

@Vinnie - Wow, your Peach is very great, there are some interesting moves I've noticed.
Keep it the work. =)

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yami, you probably gonan hate my *** for this post. But you wanted advice so I am gonna give it to you. It's just gonna be different from the others you might have gotten.

Your Peach is good and has a good aggressive game. if these people try to test you one on one with an aggressive game, they usually lose in that battle. You have some lil creativity with edgeguarding and show no fear. Which is good. creativity off the ledge is what a **** load of Peacesh lack.

Now this is the part you might hate me for. You have no defense game at all. If someone is to break your aggressive game, you have nothing left. Your whole game is shot down and you just run into alot of hits. Peach is not hard to stop when she is playing aggressive by ANY character in this game. Peach has good pressure and can be on ones ***. But there is a downside to that. Also, you will be burning your kill moves. And people will be living longer than they should be. Peach is not a beast at killing. let's not make it worst.

You need a defensive game. Peach is an annoy ***** when played defensive. Her D game is better than her A game. It's hard for those to get in and helps with evasion when you need to get away. And even refresh moves. You need to learn that you can't just always go attacking. You have to sometimes reset the position. Learn when it is safe to go in and when you need to hold back. This is how you keep control in a match. I don't care what character you are. You can't always keeping trying to get hits. really is the enemy is smart and just waits for you to through the punch first. You are then open for a hit.

I have seen alot of match where you should be backing off and creating walls to bait and punish moves. Simply cause you can't get in anymore. And tend to force yourself in no matter what. When your A game is shut done and you need to get out, you dont do it. you keep fighting. Learn to run. Learn to evade. Pick up a D game.

When you have that D game down as good as your A game, mix them up. That **** is destruction. You get your hits. People wanna mess with you and can't get anymore? Time to get the **** out and stop them from hitting/catching you. Once you do, you get away with no damage, and you got your hits in. You have control. Now your opponent has to play catch up. This is where you keep your D game. Make it hard for the fool to hit you. Around this time you could get a few hits in. When he gets close, that D game can't be done anymore. Now you gotta beat a fool up. Rotate from D to A. Get this fool off you and if you can, finish his *** off. If you can't get any more hits, dont be greddy. Let the fool be and rotate again. Go back to D. Repeat this till the fool dies. When in the A game, if the enemy does not die, your moves might be stale. You need to refresh those moves dude. Best way to do that is playing it D.

I honestly have never seen a vid of you till recently. Cause everyone kept talking about you and how you are the best and all that. And it has been like this for a while. I decided to finally see what was up. My first vid of you was vs this Marth that you ***** first stock on SV. At first I was hypes and was like "Damm" But after watching you play more, my impression of you changed. And it was due to what I said here. I was not so impressed with you anymore.

Now I am not sure if this is how you feel atm. if you don't, ignore this paragraph. I think sometimes you enjoy the hype and attention that you get from people that watch your vids and the comments you get. Cause they enjoy all the fancy tricks and gameplay you show in vids. I was almost on that boat till I watched you more and studied you. So With all that attention, you might just keep playing like this and not pay much attention to w/e habits you have. That sometimes blinds new people into the community when they start to get noticed and liked by people. Don't let all this stuff get to your head. Unless you don't care, you are not here to impress people and get fans. You play to do what you have to do to win. These people are not playing for you nor help you get better with Peach. only person that can do all that is the man holding the controller, and that be you. So no matter what people say to you here or on the videos. Always realize that there are things that need to be fixed and done right.

Again, if this not how you think or seen it, then just ignore this paragraph. it's just people tend to be like this alot. and just wanna clear things up IF this is you.

I had alot of fans and was always talked about. Now It hardly happens and I am over shadowed by people who ether play to quick or fancy. And people are easily impressed by that. Some say I am a boring peach player to watch. But I am not here to impress anyone or stand out. That does not get me wins. it's about doing what I have to do in order to win. Even if I come out boring.

Thats all I have to say to you. Only problem I see with you is you have no D game and have no clue on how to execute one or when to simply back off. Need to relax some and think. You do that and you are good to go. Only thing I see wrong with you as of now.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I don't know Dark, his defense doesn't seem all that bad to me, and his utilization of her more evasive tools seem to cover some of her more apparent defensive/general blindspots (turnip pulls being the main example). I agree he could be a little more patient in some instances, but he's sure as hell more patient than I am overall lol.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Purchased a premium membership. You get 2 name changes for every 3 months of purchased membership I believe.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Even though you didn't get the win you wanted, that was seriously impressive Red. You keep getting better every time I see you play, the rate of which is phenomenal. It's only a matter of time at this point until you reach that "Coney breakthrough" status and start to take some big names with this character. I have faith in you.

Razmakazi

Smash Champion
ah cool vids.

yah nicole got a bit better. i'm seeing a lot less of the dair approaching which is cool n stuff.

uuuh hmm...i think being a little more grounded and patient with nick would've helped at times. and by that i mean when he's trying to creep into mid range and spam b moves. just powershield coz any other reaction could lead ya into a frame trap. EX: paralyzer comes, you jump, he buffers dash and uairs.

oooh and idk, i like to see throws that aren't fthrow. like dthrow can be better mid-percent, bthrow does more damage, uthrow might be good when there's platforms around (but dthrow would prob be better, idk).

as for yami dude got better too but i only saw a couple CF matches and the GDubz set. i kinda agree w/ dark about the defense game. not to that extent but ya gotta stop letting ppl get strings on you. SDI away from everything, stop doing free-pull to forward glide toss so often, just mix up some things i guess. ya do some cool **** though haha.

Rickerdy-doo-da-day

Smash Master
Toot Toot thrills in Green Hills (England, UK)
NNID
RicardoAvocado
as for yami dude got better too but i only saw a couple CF matches and the GDubz set. i kinda agree w/ dark about the defense game. not to that extent but ya gotta stop letting ppl get strings on you. SDI away from everything, stop doing free-pull to forward glide toss so often, just mix up some things i guess. ya do some cool **** though haha.
Ahahahahahaohohohohohohoh :awesome::awesome::awesome:

For those of you who don't get it - Yami can't SDI. He B Sticks

/endcruelty

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
I was really impressed with your Peach, Nicole. Keep it up, sexy!! Can't wait to meet you in like a week!!! <3

Zwarm

Smash Hero
You SDI with the control stick and ASDI with the C-stick, or auto SDI. You just hold the C-stick the direction you want to SDI, and it practically does it for you. With the SDI combined with that on the control stick, you can get out of stuff really quick, but the ASDI isn't a necessity, just a nice plus.

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Alright got plenty of replays of Kyon and I today.

I have my set against Nick Riddle, Albert., and a game against D-Torr.

I take first game off Nick and then choke horribly next two x3

Albert I solidly 2-0. Low level MKs are nothing ofc

D-Torr is the second best ZSS in the state and he 2-0'd me T.T

I felt completely sloppy with the ZSS MU against both players. It's frustrating to john lack of offline(Don't read this post and tell me to use WiFI, I despise it now) MU experience every tournament. CFL plays every week and everyone in SFL plays at eachother's houses or at FIU.

I really need to look harder for a car T.T

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
i can help you with the ZSS matchup if you want!

i've never lost to one ;)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I can too, 2link. I absolutely love the ZSS matchup and I've invested some time into learning how to use her as well. Just send me a message if you ever need any practice. :)

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Can I get critque on my Peach? This is from a MM I had with Clowsui last weekend.

vs. :marth:Game 1
vs. :marth:Game 2

Game 3 is gonna be uploaded sometime later today, along with a friendly against his Falco, so I'll put those up when they get uploaded.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
All I have time for is game 1 but just initially:

1. You plucked turnips at some dangerous times when you were right next to him. That will get you hit pretty fast

2. All in all you had a good use of ftilt to keep him from coming in the air, but then you started using it TOO much while he was still grounded. Ftilt is very punishable if you whiff it or hit their shield so just be mindful.

3. Your approaching was good when you was dash attacking, and short hop dair/bairing him. But when you tried to approach with a float towards marth you got swatted every time. Try not to approach with a float, he's too fast for that

4. There were a lot of times where Marth was jumping just a little over your head as you was sitting in shield. You could try nairing OOS to deter him from chilling in your head zone for the rest of the match.

5. I like the way you angle your shield up. There's something unique about that. At the last stock you started trying to outbox Marth which is bad simply because he can KO us earlier. Don't try and punish him on the ledge with dtilt, it won't work and you got faired twice because of it.

6. Btw your powershields to grabs were really good. Good timing. If youc an't grab him, then do a nair or bair out of shield

Fun match. Seemed a little slow and that clowsui didn't know the matchup with Marth too well >_>

clowsui

Smash Legend
my marth is super rusty LOL, i don't play him in anything but friendlies + CPs. i'm probably going to start practicing my buffers + overall control again as well as use him more over wifi, i'm already noticing tons of things i could change and tons of things i didn't really like at all in terms of what i was doing due to not having any tech skill w/ marth any more

that isn't to say that zwarm wouldn't beat my non-rusted marth though, he's plenty smart + good

all i try to do vs peach is wall her out using nairs + bait dumb approaches btw. once i get her above me i just try to dash around to bait something or aerial trap her if i have plats

Zwarm

Smash Hero
Lance- Thanks :) I don't really know why I went for the dtilts, I usually don't, I just really seemed to want it during that MM for whatever reason.

Clow - (sun) I'll keep your strategy in mind next time we play... whenever that will be.

LanceStern

Smash Lord
When I'm against Marths, I try to bait out his aerials or something dumb and punish with dash attack, nair oos or bair oos.

It's a fun game of baiting and hitting.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I love the Marth matchup, like Lance said it's a fun bait and hit matchup. I'm rather good at it too since my old static partner is a Marth main and we used to play the matchup in and out of tournament all the time. The only thing to really worry about is a rogue tipper since both characters can fight each other rather conventionally otherwise. No silly gimmicks in this matchup folks, that's just the way I like it. :p

LanceStern

Smash Lord
I love the Marth matchup, like Lance said it's a fun bait and hit matchup. I'm rather good at it too since my old static partner is a Marth main and we used to play the matchup in and out of tournament all the time. The only thing to really worry about is a rogue tipper since both characters can fight each other rather conventionally otherwise. No silly gimmicks in this matchup folks, that's just the way I like it. :p
I first hated it with peach but I see now it's honestly not too bad. It's becoming one of my favorites.

It's very stressful though trying to outrange and prioritize his sword. Very tough

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I love the flow on Raz's Peach, his decision making is very solid. That ending broke my heart though, especially in person...*sigh*

Two-Ell

Smash Master
Raz should've air camped more rather than keeping to the ground pulling turnips in the last two mins.(use the two platforms to recover jumps/floats, Nair easily takes care of any usmashes/DACs). The pulling just begged MVD to nade and mortar slide him.

Lance in the end he was going for the time-out, but MVD got him in a bad situation in the air surrounding him with aerial nades; Raz couldn't collect himself in time.

I feel his pain D:

:rosalina:

LanceStern

Smash Lord
You could start the time out process at four minutes. Anytime Snake knocks you to the corner of the screens (when Raz was at > 150% but showing beastly DI) you can throw a toad out to stall in the air a little longer.

I didn't see a timeout game coming, he kept walking close to MVD and trying to jab and dair.

Still it was a monster game by Raz. I get what you're saying about how Peach can "juggle" snake

Top Bottom