• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Silly Kyle Video Archive and Critique Thread

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
You did good Ikon, just work on zoning out her dair a little more than you did. Peach can get in on the climbers but it shouldn't be as bread-and-butter as Nicole was able to make it seem in that first match. For the most part you adjusted well enough, although Battlefield did play a part in complicating her approaches from above which allowed you to reverse the pressure on her from below. That's all I've really got from a Peach player's perspective.

:phone:

BleachigoZX

Smash Master
thanks! i tried using squall hammer (side b) to get above her when she was doing dair....also to the side of her while she was doing dair for free damage. shes really good. glad i won, and thanks for the tips.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
This is a tournament set from awhile back when Kira and I split for first. We didn't have time to do Grand Finals.

Critique please. I played nervous in part of the set and sometimes I would zone out cuz the crowd was getting hyped lol.

Silly Kyle :peach: vs. KiraFlax :rob: :pit: :wolf:
Winner's Finals
Match 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9Kf4br9hLI :rob:
Match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhsICtXyrKY :wolf: - Pretty much wanted to kill myself after this match. I seriously would have won the set if it wasn't for this bull**** match.
Match 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vcYRXPzEgRY :pit:
Match 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lA56-DFlesM :pit:
Match 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJL1be_gyjY :pit:

Lol, all the matches were on Smashville. Lots of salty rematches I guess xD

On a side note, I was switching back and forth from Melee and Brawl at this tournament since they were running both events.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Nice, you guys just gave me plenty to watch tomorrow when I get home. I'll try to offer some critique as well. I apologize for my posts not being as eloquent as of late...I can't bring myself to type as much with only my phone available. :(

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Thank you very much, King Beef.
Critique is really needed... although I sorta know what I need to do against Razer/Trela.

Neon!

Smash Lord
Illmatic I watched your friendly with razer and would have to say you're doing a lot of things right compared to most peaches, I do have a couple of suggestions though. Anytime snake is recovering high (which should be every time) always throw as many turnips as you can into the air to hinder his landing, when I used snake I found this very annoying. You need to stop trying to follow up after you hit with dsmash, both times you tried to you got punished for it. Any time snake is pressuring your shield with tilts I would advise rolling away instead of behind because its better to get hit by his dash attack rather than risk an ftilt or utilt or grab.

z00ted

Definitely, Neon.
I noticed that too, will implement it.

Zanx8

Smash Journeyman
Can you critique my Peach too?
http://youtu.be/4DenHnX6kKY

It's wi-fi but it was the only match I had that was me doing decent. xD It's also crap for quality because I was lazy and used my 3DS to record haha.

z00ted

I watched it.

Don't worry about uploading Wi-Fi videos, it's where a lot of really good players learn how to be successful in this game. That's how I started learning Peach in Brawl until I was able to attend offline tournaments. In fact, I still play Wi-Fi almost every day... it's great practice.

I don't know what to really say though... you should work on committing to your attacks a bit more when you land one. First stock you did really well, and then Kain decided to win. Don't just float randomly in front of an opponent who has an extremely viable bair without proper spacing or using an attack once you initiate the float. You did it like four times in a row and he kept on punishing you for it.

Apply pressure, it's what Peach is best at. For the majority of the match you were just a sitting duck for Kain to repeatedly hit. You need to make Wolf (as well as the majority of your opponents) feel somewhat threatened or uncomfortable. Work on your ground floated aerials as well as your staple dair combos. Be creative and try to create your own stuff too. Space better by throwing out bairs to keep him astray rather than just sitting there in the air doing nothing. Be proactive and ready for whatever comes at you.

Work on when to use dair.

It's supposed to surprise your opponent or should be used when they basically have nowhere else to go. You used it while in front of them a lot of the time, which is bad because; they won't approach you if they see the dair or they will just punish you for using an extremely lengthy move for no reason whatsoever.

Use more turnips.. and try to implement glidetossing.

The biggest issue for you right now is just control over your character and deciding when to use her moves at the proper time. Practice against players around your level will solve that, as well as frequently asking top players of your character what works best.

Read this thread, it may help: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=305350

Try to upload more videos!

After lurking for so long I've decided to post lol
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RiGI5Vqvegs
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ns4U8D4k4Fg

Can you please critique despite it being Wifi? Last time I've been in an offline tourney was in January. :v
I play pretty much the same offline, just with more bonewalk as I find it easier to do off ._.

Also also can someone tell me how to get better quality? lol
I like your Peach.
I'll try to critique it tomorrow or Sunday... I'm too tired right now.

Silly Kyle

Smash Champion
Arizona Power Rank Decision 7
Results: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=316653

I played pretty good at this tournament. Really wish I could have won it overall, but I'm happy with second place. I am totally looking forward to the next season now that Meta Knight is banned.

My set with KiraFlax will be posted later. I beat him 2-1 in Winner's Semifinals. He's moving down to #3 in AZ and I'm moving up to #2! I've beaten him the past three times we've faced now. :) :) :)

K9 also beat KiraFlax at this tournament for the first time in Loser's Semifinals, winning 2-1. I think Arizona is definitely underrated.

Silly Kyle :peach: vs. K9 :falco:
Loser's Finals
Match 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6Y009nCgNQ - I played poopy, but props to K9.
Match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8gyV04FQfb8
Match 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sPGeH00emG4
Match 4: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o8RAtfL2gk4 - I get a really sick combo on K9's second stock. <3

Silly Kyle :peach: vs. Darklink :metaknight:
Grand Finals
Match 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y1__CLrtUIE - almost made the comeback. Stitchface <3
Match 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBWsf440MZI - lol at the ending
Match 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cmC_OyWvvMY - sick turnip combo at around 1:21 >=)
Match 4: wasn't recorded
Match 5: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fdnln4iW5I4 - ugh I could have won this set :x

2012 is going to be an even better year for Peach!! 2011 was just a preview of what's to come. ;)

Wish I could have gone to Apex, but I didn't have the money to do so this time. However, I want to travel out of state more frequently this 2012 to get more exposure and experience for my Peach. It's time to represent!

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3

:peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach: :peach:

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
I remember when K9 was just some random wifi player on Gaiaonline who I used to sucker for gaia gold money matches in '09. I'm so proud of the progress he's made since then.

z00ted

I'm going to be uploading some really good Peach vs Falco videos probably tomorrow.

TommyDerMeister

Smash Lord
Yeah, I practiced Peach tech skill with Kyle a lot, I'm actually intrigued by the amount of tech skill she has compared to most Brawl characters. I do use a different method to free pull than Kyle does though, I use C-stick Down+R Trigger set to Special. I try to keep her fresh for anytime I have to play against Diddy.

z00ted

Some really good Falco Vs. Peach videos.

It's definitely harder than a -1 matchup. It's not comparable to Toon Link or DDD by any means, and probably Peach's hardest matchup with Metaknight banned (-2 for sure).

The Falco I'm playing is like, the best I've ever played. He's extremely good, just can't play offline yet. Like, I would consider him 2nd or 3rd best if he started playing offline at the moment.

The matchup has to played aggressively. If you sit back and camp, you are going to get outprioritized. Turnips work pretty well for mobility, but shouldn't be used in abundance because they get obvious.

Glide tossed D-throw gives us the farthest distance and helps us get past his reflector.

Toad also works well against his lasers if he gets super obvious, as well as full hop fairs to read his short hop. Ground float anything is really good in general because Falco will always be in your face and ground floats are super quick. Up-Smash also lands a lot more than often, if you throw it out at the right instances.

This matchup is super hard at top level, like... it's kind of worrying me if Falcos rise up after MK ban.

Please critique / comment.

z00ted

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mj1-05RBfJk
I won, but I still played badly this match.
1:57 was really nice and creative.

You played like utter crap for the first two stocks, and then really well on the third stock. It seemed like you understood that you had to throw out lots of aerials everywhere to try to slow Falco down or predict his movement if he was going to phantasm or whatever. Your combos were creative, but you need to work on what to do after you get in a dair on Falco. You backed off way too much.

Also, pulling turnips against a Falco that doesn't laser super often (like the one you were playing) is fine. In fact, I would say pulling turnips in general is fine, you just need to know when the right time to throw them is (don't be too obvious).

Throw out a lot more spaced bairs (short hop and ground floated) and ground floated nairs to speed your Peach up a bit. The first two stocks the Falco wasn't afraid of you at all, you have to try to prevent that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q-If_WP_MMU

Overall, I feel like I make really bad decisions sometimes.
Okay, this was a lot better.
You basically did everything that I just told you to do game one.

Predicting the phantasm with short hop dair at :31 was nice. Lmao, he just like stood there and ate all of your uairs plus a bair. Good job on spotdodging both his lasers then running up to where he phantasms immediately. You basically read what he was about to do and set yourself up in a position where you could short hop nair him.

1:01 is the kind of stuff I want to see more of. You naired to cover his landing, then dash attacked to try to read him escaping. It didn't work this time, but it probably will work in the future. Instead of nairing under a platform (I only nair when I'm trying to read a landing or catching people off guard), you should bair under a platform because it covers more area and stays out longer.

1:15 okay, he's an idiot for standing there and eating all those bairs, but that was really nice. You jabbed afterwards, but if your opponent ever does something that stupid in the future, you can just d-tilt his shield and immediately break it or run up and grab them (because they obviously aren't going to roll anytime soon).

1:19 LMAO, he saw you coming straight for him and didn't roll left.

2:37 Really good fair. You read his jump.. it just didn't connect.

Your last stock you played pretty well. Those were some fast ground floated uairs, nairs, and bairs.

Overall, you did make some bad decisions.. but I don't think they were as poor as you think they were. You played well and just have to practice your character more and understand matchups as well as player habits. Stay creative and don't mold yourself into a super obvious Peach and you're golden. Keep on uploading videos, get better opponents.

z00ted

Illmatic :peach: Vs. shadow1pj :toonlink: 1

Edit: If anyone wants to give me ownership of this thread, I can update it really quickly. I have tons of free time on my hands and know how to format it nicely.

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Nice job stepping up to the plate on wanting to own some of these threads Ill, very impressive.

I'll have some vids up hopefully by tonight.

BMC

Smash Cadet
Thanks for the critique and advice Ill. :)

The first kill I got in the second match was funny lol. I was thinking at the time that he might not think to roll, and that he would just sit in his shield. So, I just decided to rush him and grab.

My first tournament is this weekend, so I'll probably be able to get some matches from that as well.

z00ted

I'm pretty confident in the Zelda matchup now, I actually think it's one of my best because aggressive Peach works so well in it... it's almost unbelievable. I feel so bad because she really can't do anything out of shield and I'm just everywhere...

Throughout my entire history against her, only once has a Zelda taken me to last stock (and that match is where she beat me). Every other match is either a three stock, or extremely convincing two stock.

An aggressive Peach is just far too fast. Her out of shield options utterly destroy Zelda, and Zelda doesn't have any options to ward off her dair. The priority of the move puts Zelda in such an awkward position, that she can't really do anything besides out of shield U-Smash or U-tilt (if my spacing is extremely bad) or just jabbing in front of me.

Throw in the fact that turnips give Peach so much mobility and speed as far as approaching goes, jab combos into grab, ground floated nair is faster than your jab, plus Zelda is pretty floaty and really easy to punish landings.

I think the biggest problem in this matchup, is Zelda offstage.

She has to make it back to the LEDGE (if she doesn't hit the ledge, prepare to go flying back offstage, due to Peach's extremely fast ground floated aerials). While trying to do this, she has to take into account Peach's turnip game, Peach's float.. which really destroys Zelda because we can go offstage and hit you out of the startup of teleport or whatever, then follow you back to stage and hit you right back off if you don't hit the ledge. While you are near the ledge we could have already thrown a turnip or two up there to cover that option.

Like, from my experience... countless amount of times.. once a Zelda is above 70%, she's practically already dead because she's not going to make a sturdy position back onstage. I just keep on hitting her back offstage, kill power barely even matters anymore.

Another thing are my out of shield options, there are way too many situations where we're both next to each other shielding, and I just destroy Zelda because my reaction time and nair or bair, even... are just so much faster than everything she has.

I honestly feel like Peach could be one of Zelda's worst matchups at a -3 or even -4.

Sidenote: Mocha has a very strong Zelda. I can definitely see it being within top 3 very soon, if not already holding the position. Saw some very cool things that I've never experienced before.

[COLLAPSE="Matches"]Illmatic :peach: Vs. Mocha :zelda: 1

Illmatic :peach: Vs. Mocha :zelda: 2

Illmatic :peach: Vs. Mocha :zelda: 3

Illmatic :peach: Vs. Mocha :zelda: 4

Illmatic :peach: Vs. Mocha :zelda: 5

Illmatic :peach: Vs. Mocha :zelda: 6

Illmatic :peach: Vs. Mocha :zelda: 7

Illmatic :peach: Vs. Mocha :zelda: 8

Illmatic :peach: Vs. Mocha :zelda: 9

Illmatic :peach: Vs. Mocha :zelda: 10[/COLLAPSE]

Zwarm

Smash Hero
The only Zelda I've ever lost to with Peach in anything was Mikey's. My john is was only playing Peach for about 2 weeks at that time, Mikey knows so much about Peach, and his Zelda is good too. >.>

I think I was doing a lot better against him after he told me nair beats Din's Fire, though. Then the games got closer.

C.S. Dinah

Smash Champion
I'm pretty confident in the Zelda matchup now, I actually think it's one of my best because aggressive Peach works so well in it... it's almost unbelievable. I feel so bad because she really can't do anything out of shield and I'm just everywhere...

Throughout my entire history against her, only once has a Zelda taken me to last stock (and that match is where she beat me). Every other match is either a three stock, or extremely convincing two stock.

An aggressive Peach is just far too fast. Her out of shield options utterly destroy Zelda, and Zelda doesn't have any options to ward off her dair. The priority of the move puts Zelda in such an awkward position, that she can't really do anything besides out of shield U-Smash or U-tilt (if my spacing is extremely bad) or just jabbing in front of me.

Throw in the fact that turnips give Peach so much mobility and speed as far as approaching goes, jab combos into grab, ground floated nair is faster than your jab, plus Zelda is pretty floaty and really easy to punish landings.

I think the biggest problem in this matchup, is Zelda offstage.

She has to make it back to the LEDGE (if she doesn't hit the ledge, prepare to go flying back offstage, due to Peach's extremely fast ground floated aerials). While trying to do this, she has to take into account Peach's turnip game, Peach's float.. which really destroys Zelda because we can go offstage and hit you out of the startup of teleport or whatever, then follow you back to stage and hit you right back off if you don't hit the ledge. While you are near the ledge we could have already thrown a turnip or two up there to cover that option.

Like, from my experience... countless amount of times.. once a Zelda is above 70%, she's practically already dead because she's not going to make a sturdy position back onstage. I just keep on hitting her back offstage, kill power barely even matters anymore.

Another thing are my out of shield options, there are way too many situations where we're both next to each other shielding, and I just destroy Zelda because my reaction time and nair or bair, even... are just so much faster than everything she has.

I honestly feel like Peach could be one of Zelda's worst matchups at a -3 or even -4.

Sidenote: Mocha has a very strong Zelda. I can definitely see it being within top 3 very soon, if not already holding the position. Saw some very cool things that I've never experienced before.

[COLLAPSE="Videos"]Illmatic :peach: Vs. Mocha :zelda: 1

Illmatic :peach: Vs. Mocha :zelda: 2

Illmatic :peach: Vs. Mocha :zelda: 3

Illmatic :peach: Vs. Mocha :zelda: 4

Illmatic :peach: Vs. Mocha :zelda: 5

Illmatic :peach: Vs. Mocha :zelda: 6

Illmatic :peach: Vs. Mocha :zelda: 7

Illmatic :peach: Vs. Mocha :zelda: 8

Illmatic :peach: Vs. Mocha :zelda: 9

Illmatic :peach: Vs. Mocha :zelda: 10
[/COLLAPSE]

No way in hell I'd approach Zelda.