• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

supermarth64

Smash Ace
I'm looking at Lehigh, RPI, Carnegie Mellon, UPenn, Tufts and Johns Hopkins as reaches. I want to major in some type of engineering.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
College

Where else would I want to go? Work at McDonalds?
lol. Aren't you the unimaginative one? If music wasn't my passion, and I had the liberty to take time off, I would, without a doubt. I'd work for 3 or 4 years, live with my parents, not spend a dime of it, then take off, traveling the world, gaining knowledge and experiences. I'd live and work in Alaska, I'd get lose in a land that didn't speak my language, I would hike all of the Rockies. I would become a tramp without care, then come back, go to college, and start a new portion of my life. This is just what I would do, there are tons of things you can do with your life without going to college.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'm looking at Lehigh, RPI, Carnegie Mellon, UPenn, Tufts and Johns Hopkins as reaches. I want to major in some type of engineering.
Chemical engineering here.
lol. Aren't you the unimaginative one? If music wasn't my passion, and I had the liberty to take time off, I would, without a doubt. I'd work for 3 or 4 years, live with my parents, not spend a dime of it, then take off, traveling the world, gaining knowledge and experiences. I'd live and work in Alaska, I'd get lose in a land that didn't speak my language, I would hike all of the Rockies. I would become a tramp without care, then come back, go to college, and start a new portion of my life. This is just what I would do, there are tons of things you can do with your life without going to college.
That sounds... beautiful.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
College

Where else would I want to go? Work at McDonalds?
Laugh, but I'm very poor. I have to do college AND work somewhere like McDonalds But I'm doing it to save money so I can have a future. It sucks, hardcore. but it's worth it.

CRASHiC

Smash Hero
Shimazu don't feel afraid to go to a community college at first. Education at there is top notch. As someone whose father attempted to become a professor, i can assure you, anyone who is a professor knows their stuff. Colleges and Univesity's love transfer students with good college grades, as you are now a proven student, you aren't an economical liability who might drop out before school even starts, or flunk, and they just waisted their seat on someone who is only paying for 1 semester. They also like transfers because it helps their college rankings, which is in most cases more important than the money. When applying for graduate school, should you wish to get your masters or anything higher, then having your associates and your bachelors at 2 different schools is a very good thing, as it shows you can work under multiple mindsets and wasn't elevated by your environment. I would go to my mothers clubs at college, and would talk to professors, and they told me the biggest mistakes that guidance counselor tell children, the main ones being about starting at a community or transfer college. They were law teachers at the University of Tennessee, one of the top law schools in the nation, and all of them started at community colleges. As long as you aren't transferring mid associate or bachelor, nothing is wrong with transferring.

rockem7

Smash Ace
I don't see anything wrong with working at a fast food place until you get a degree. We all have to start somewhere, and most people (where I'm from) either work with fast food or with family.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Shimazu don't feel afraid to go to a community college at first. Education at there is top notch. As someone whose father attempted to become a professor, i can assure you, anyone who is a professor knows their stuff. Colleges and Univesity's love transfer students with good college grades, as you are now a proven student, you aren't an economical liability who might drop out before school even starts, or flunk, and they just waisted their seat on someone who is only paying for 1 semester. They also like transfers because it helps their college rankings, which is in most cases more important than the money. When applying for graduate school, should you wish to get your masters or anything higher, then having your associates and your bachelors at 2 different schools is a very good thing, as it shows you can work under multiple mindsets and wasn't elevated by your environment. I would go to my mothers clubs at college, and would talk to professors, and they told me the biggest mistakes that guidance counselor tell children, the main ones being about starting at a community or transfer college. They were law teachers at the University of Tennessee, one of the top law schools in the nation, and all of them started at community colleges. As long as you aren't transferring mid associate or bachelor, nothing is wrong with transferring.
I don't feel afraid or embarrassed by it at all. Actually, it works great for me because I'm smart but I've spent the last 13 years slacking off, it gives me time to wake up x.x. I was more or less addressing Roach's fast food comment. He made it sound like it's bad to work somewhere like there, which is/can be very ignorant to say.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Yeah, uh, Roacherman, everyone has to start somewhere. You'll be very lucky if you get your dream job right out of high school/college, not everyone can go straight from high school to college (may have to save up for a year), and some people don't go to college -- nowadays it's mostly unheard of, but my mother didn't go to college and she didn't end up nowhere.

On a less serious note, I just broke Super Mario 64.

RuNNing Riot

Smash Lord
I'd probably have major trouble getting a job like that, for the while when/if I go to college, at least. I'm not a particularly sociable person, and being around in busy areas where you're expected to know how everything works is ridiculously hard for me. I've worked at a Waitrose store before for a few weeks - I spent most of it absolutely terrified that one of the customers would come up to me and ask where something was and I wouldn't know. :(

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ Firus off topic but did you get my message about Metroid Prime Trilogy. I really need someone to help me with Friend Vouchers, and I recall you saying you love Metroid.

Edit: I use to be like that, but I've been trying to get job so long my shyness has faded. My girlfriend got one solely cause she is 18, curse her >_>. I'm dropping like 10 more applications in Tuesday. ~sigh~.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
^ Firus off topic but did you get my message about Metroid Prime Trilogy. I really need someone to help me with Friend Vouchers, and I recall you saying you love Metroid.
I didn't send my PM?

...Oh, that's right, I had it open in a tab and then my computer BSOD'd. >_> My bad.

Yeah, I have MPT and I do have some Friend Vouchers I can send you (11, to be exact).

My Wii FC is:

8277 - 0343 - 2620 - 8287

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Okay, I'll send 11 too. I have a question, are credits in MP3 renewable.. Like lets say I get a Gold Credit for beating Ridley.. if I play the game again, do I get another gold credit? I know MP1 and 2 it was a one time deal. The way vouchers work make me wonder if they are renewable, if that is so... and the game doesn't record you "unlocking them all" it means you could skip certain "tasks" for credits and you'd never know.

Edit: Wii code in my post info to the left:

2292 1337 6452 6069

I added your number, what do I do for you to show up as my friend D:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I beat Galaxy 2 with 72 stars. That was a delightful ending, it was an incredible game.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
How can you not feel the urge to get 100% before beating it. <.< I think I'm ocd when it comes to video games. I'm beating each Metroid Prime on MPT for the acheivement thing, and I get 100% everytime just because I can't stand not having it. The only exception is crazy challenges like FFIX;s Excal II

Edit: Firus you ever going to add me? I quit OoT to do this D:

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Pretty sure you can't get all the stars before beating it.

Also, beating Metroid Prime with 20% completion was fun.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
You can't 100% SMG2 before beating it.

You can only get 108/120 Stars before beating the final level.

and then after getting the remaining 12 there's still more to come >.>

It's impossible, so lol

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ I didn't know that, sorry D=. I haven't had a chance to play it yet so =/. I want too so badly but I don't has money, if I get hired this week I'm going to get it, and also an AR/usb for ps2 data >_>.

I never could do a 20% completion. In terms of skill I could, but I'm really ocd about that. To the point where if I did a 3 heart link run of a zelda game, even if I completed it, I'd feel like I failed at the game for not having the items. I'm weird =/.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Okay, I'll send 11 too. I have a question, are credits in MP3 renewable.. Like lets say I get a Gold Credit for beating Ridley.. if I play the game again, do I get another gold credit? I know MP1 and 2 it was a one time deal. The way vouchers work make me wonder if they are renewable, if that is so... and the game doesn't record you "unlocking them all" it means you could skip certain "tasks" for credits and you'd never know.
I think once you earn a credit, you've earned it permanently for that file. So, you could earn it again in a different file slot, but not again by replaying it in the same slot.

I'm not entirely positive though, I've never paid too much attention to the whole thing. To be honest, I was never able to exchange Friend Vouchers because literally none of my friends own Metroid Prime 3/Metroid Prime Trilogy. Actually, I guess they do...they just haven't done much/anything in them.

Edit: Wii code in my post info to the left:

2292 1337 6452 6069

I added your number, what do I do for you to show up as my friend D:
Sorry, I was eating cake...but I've registered you now and it doesn't think you've registered me, no matter what I do...

Stupid Nintendo and their bad Wi-Fi. Maybe it'll take some time to register it or something?

Pretty sure you can't get all the stars before beating it.
If it's anything like Galaxy 1, you can't. I tried to fight Bowser for the first and last time in the Mario part once I'd gotten 120 stars, but Purple Comets don't appear until you beat him once.

You can, however, do that in Super Mario 64.

Also, beating Metroid Prime with 20% completion was fun.
Minimum percentile runs are awesome. 1% runs on Fusion are some of my favorite runs in any game, period.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
This is weird because I have you added too and you're grey as well. And I'm connected to the internet. Is your wiiconnect24 on? It needs to be on for this to work.

Also, which prime was your favorite? 2 was my least, but 1 and 3rd tie for me. I love 3rds powerup upgrade system, I missed having that, yet I hated the lack of powerbombs/super missles. I also hated the fact gunship missles were meh and never really used much. (I wanted to USE the ship) Yet the great closure at the end + the awesome storyline made it amazing.

It's hard because I love so much about MP3 but hate those things, and I love MP1 yet hate some of the powerups/lack of direct storyline.

Either way, they both pwned 2 (which was still great none the less)

Also do you know who was in the spaceship behind Samus on MP3's ending?

Sorry I type like someone with a random thought pattern, xD.

Nevermind you're registered. Sending 11 now, we should send more when you get more ^^.
Thanks for the help.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I don't play metroid... I don't like the fact that for every shot you do with your blaster gun thingy, it gets weaker

If it wasn't for that, I'd play this more

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I don't play metroid... I don't like the fact that for every shot you do with your blaster gun thingy, it gets weaker

What? <,< I don't recall that being true at all, especially in the prime games.

I got 11 send to you Firus ;)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Ah..now I see. That is very interesting, though I don't know that guy at all. I never saw Hunter's worth enough to get. Does Samus' Beam get weaker every shot? O.o

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo

Try playing the metroid prime series
My favorite shooter of all time (it IS considered a shooter isnt it?)

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
^ I consider it more FPA than FPS, but yes everyone else seems to deem it that.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
I'm the same way, I'm not an fps fan at all. I can't get into Halo, Killzone, MGS, or anything like it. How I like Metroid is a miracle.

Will you ever sennnddd me vouchers O' Firus?

Edit: I've got to unplug due to a storm, I hope that doesn't mess up getting Vouchers.

Mewter

Smash Master
I love Metroid Prime! It's such an awesome game. :)

I beat the first one some years ago on the Gamecube, and I'm still working on Trilogy (got past the first temple in Echoes.)

I'll send you guys vouchers as soon as I have access to the Wii again.

Player-4

See you in 25 years

I beat the first one some years ago on the Gamecube, and I'm still working on Trilogy (got past the first temple in Echoes.)

Prime 1 is awesome. Prime 2 sucks compared to 1 and 3 but isn't that bad. Prime 3 is just amazing and my favorite.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681

Cool. I think Firus forgot about me, I send him 11 but I still got nothin' D:

Currently I stand:

MP1 : Norm/Hyper beaten
MP2 : " "
MP3: Normal beaten

Trying to beat easiest/hardest then go back through them all on hard.

Edit: Firus, your name is grey, which indicates you have no Save Data for MPT. <_<...?

Mewter

Smash Master
Echoes multiplayer stunk. Hunters wasn't much better, although it was portable and had better upgrades and weapons (but the control scheme was a bit hard to maneuver IMO.)

So yeah, that would be great!

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Next Gen Nintendo console.. they make a Metroid game during the height of the Space Pirate Empire (I.E. The "Metroid" era, not the prime era(decline) or SM era (reform and demise) where at the end of the game you're still loosing to an almighty force. Anyways, that game should have online features (because Nintendo's next gen console will have a better psnlike connection or I'll die) and missions/battles. I'd play that to death.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
...That sounded much more odd than I thought it would, in retrospect.

Also, which prime was your favorite? 2 was my least, but 1 and 3rd tie for me. I love 3rds powerup upgrade system, I missed having that, yet I hated the lack of powerbombs/super missles. I also hated the fact gunship missles were meh and never really used much. (I wanted to USE the ship) Yet the great closure at the end + the awesome storyline made it amazing.

It's hard because I love so much about MP3 but hate those things, and I love MP1 yet hate some of the powerups/lack of direct storyline.

Either way, they both pwned 2 (which was still great none the less)
Prime 1 is definitely my favorite -- I love the environments, the sense of isolation, and the overall feel of the game so much.

As for second, I'm conflicted between 2 and 3. On one hand, I didn't enjoy 2 all that much, but I rushed through it in a week trying to get through it before 3 came out, and overall I don't remember it too well. I haven't played it in too long, so I really need to re-beat it to fully evaluate it. The dark world hurting you got kind of annoying, but the much darker feel of the game is Majora's Mask-esque in a way that makes me think I misjudged it the first time around (because Majora's Mask is so amazing).

3 is a great game -- I love the environments, I liked the stacking beams, I felt some sort of attachment to the hunters and actually felt saddened at having to kill them (well, except for Ghor, but he was kind of a jerk before he became corrupted and when he got on my ship and started mauling it that was kind of the last straw). The boss fights were epic, and it was an enjoyable game overall. It was, however, fairly linear at some points, and the typical Metroid isolation was only halfway there.

Sorry I type like someone with a random thought pattern, xD.
Haha, don't worry about it.

Nevermind you're registered. Sending 11 now, we should send more when you get more ^^.
Thanks for the help.
Odd, I only got 8 from you. Glitch, maybe? I sent my 11, though, tell me when you get them.

...That doesn't happen in any of the Metroid games.

Have you tried playing the Metroid games? They're much better than what you've been smoking.
Gyahahaha, that was an epic line.

Cool. I think Firus forgot about me, I send him 11 but I still got nothin' D:

Edit: Firus, your name is grey, which indicates you have no Save Data for MPT. <_<...?
Wait, really? UGH. Wi-Fi sucks, so hard. I sent the vouchers and I got 8 of yours, so I dunno what's going on...

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Dude. I'm going to be real mad if three of my vouchers are lost somewhere in cyberspace. I sent you 11 D:. Here is my evalution on Prime, and honestly I think we can all agree Metroid Prime Trilogy is the best. =P

Prime 1: Amazing environment, great game. Best game on GCN, better than Windwaker which really says something. Samus would be my main over ToonLink on Brawl anyday if she wasn't so weird. The game had the sense of isolation and the perfect powerups, though a few were useless.

Prime 2: In Trilogies, usually the second is the weakest. Still a great game, it was the weakest. In terms of difficulty it was also the easiest. The Multiplayer was fail.

Prime 3: Perfect. The storyline and well welcomed stacking ability made it perfect-- but alas, they took out powerbomb upgrades and gave us ship missiles, which ruined perfection. They also took out Super Missiles, and got my hopes of flying the gunship around and crushed it. Still, the storyline was hardcore, the game ended the Trilogy with amazing success, and honestly, it ties with Prime 1.

I'm a hardcore platformer, and I loved Super Metroid, so I'm thinking Other M will end up being my favorite Metroid ever, as of now it's a 3-way tie between SM/Prime/Prime3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom