• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

XACE-K

Smash Master

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
So guyz, if you could have any non-legend Pokemon, which one would you use to Fly? Mind your height/weight and their size/weight.
Aerodactyl, I freaking love aerodactlyl, Its incredibly fast, its a giant flying reptile made out of rock, need I say more.

also, PREMIUM!!!!

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Firus, I love your avatar. Nightmare is a beast.
Haha, thanks. Yeah, Nightmare is awesome. I just recently started playing Soul Calibur II again (started a new file and decided to unlock everything this time), and I forgot how awesome the game was.

The opening movie may very well still be my favorite opening movie of any game.

Anyway, I'd choose Tropius, because Tropius is just too good. And he flies using giant leaves as wings.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
...if Aerodactyl is made of stone, except for parts like internal organs and the wing parts of his wings, he'd need to flap his wings incredibly fast, and he'd probably knock you off in the process from the wind generated.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Pidgeot is definitely portrayed as being large in the anime:

But unless people are much smaller than you would assume they'd be, there's no way that thing is 4' 11".

So this basically just confirms that the anime isn't in canon with the games.

He got premium though o_O
He edited the post, he misread and thought Mew wasn't mentioned in that image that was linked to.

Nightmare was awesome. Him and Link were the two I mained. Might have to dig that up again.
Yeah, Nightmare's my main, I guess you'd call Kilik and Link my secondaries. I like playing with both of them, though I'm not very good with either. (Unless you count abusing Link's throw to send people off the edge to be good.)

I'm pretty bad at the game in general as far as a real person would be concerned, but I'm pretty decent with Nightmare.

So freaking epic.
Totally. It's an amazing movie, and then when it gets to the last part with Nightmare standing on that rock and the trumpet starts playing, it sends chills down my spine.

MetallicMario

Smash Journeyman
Pidgeot is definitely portrayed as being large in the anime:

But unless people are much smaller than you would assume they'd be, there's no way that thing is 4' 11".

So this basically just confirms that the anime isn't in canon with the games.
So, is Pidgeot big or small? What im saying is, which is more canon, the games or the anime?

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The games came first, the anime came second and has Ash.

The games are more important.

UberMario

Smash Master
The games practically aren't even canon with themselves. 0_o You only have to look at pokemon dex-entries like Entei's to see that they conflict with themselves very often, and also: Diglett using Aerial Ace and Seismic Tossing a Wailord.

But yes, the games are more canon than the anime obviously [because the games came first], though imo using thunder as armor makes more sense than a 2ft long beaver throwing a cruise ship sized whale.

Tacel

Smash Lord
I was just brawling online and the three other brawlers were only going after me. They would just camp next to each other and fight me one at a time. I even checked one game and I was the only one that each of them killed.
I don't even know why. It was pretty annoying.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
The anime makes mistakes as stupid as calling Pidgeot Pidgeotto, saying Arbok evolves into Seviper, etc.

The anime was made loosely based on the games. If Pidgeot's dex entry says it's 4' 11", it's 4' 11", and the anime interpreted it to be larger than that. Either that or everyone on the show is no taller than 4'.

Charmander

Smash Champion
NNID
JoeThorpedo
Enteis pokedex entries
"Volcanoes erupt when it barks. Unable to restrain its extreme power, it races headlong around the land."
"A Pokémon that races across the land. It is said that one is born every time a new volcano appears"
It reproduces by BARKING?

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
Enteis pokedex entries
"Volcanoes erupt when it barks. Unable to restrain its extreme power, it races headlong around the land."
"A Pokémon that races across the land. It is said that one is born every time a new volcano appears"
Did you just say that an eruption=a new volcano?

I have a headache in my eye.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Nintendo doesn't work very hard to make stuff make sense.
Then again, we're talking about a game where 10-year-olds go out and catch fantastical creatures in little spheres.

It's not really supposed to make sense.

Enteis pokedex entries
It says a volcano ERUPTS when it barks. Eruption =/= new volcano.

Plus, I still think the "it is said" entries can be taken as myth and not necessarily fact, like Arceus' entry which says that "it is said" that it created the world with it's 1,000 arms, or whatever.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I cannot hear you under Zelda, Metroid, PMD, Fire Emblem, and Super Paper Mario.

PowerBomb

Smash Master
Almost all, yeah.

TLoZ and maybe Metroid do.

Pokemon sizes DO vary though. Those fishermen/bug catchers that measure your Barboach/Magikarp/Shroomish/Heracross horns say so.

UberMario

Smash Master
True, true. :laugh:

Also, has anyone noticed that almost all Nintendo games have no story?
I beg to differ, Fire Emblem, Donkey Kong Country, Legend of Zelda, Metroid, and even Super Smash Bros Brawl had good storylines. Kirby's has some twists in it, especially in K64. Mario isn't really that deep though, only the Mario Parties and DDR:Mario Mix have any real significant storyline, but platforming doesn't have to be that deep anyway.

Tacel

Smash Lord
I don't know, I think Kirby trying to find his slice of cheesecake is a pretty deep story.

EDIT: UltiMario mentioned Fire Emblem, which has some deep storylines.

EDITEDIT: Zelda games have always had deep storylines.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Varying sizes is one thing, being a foot or two larger than it's listed as in the dex entry is a little much for anything except some weird situation with a giant Pokémon or something.

And pretty much all Nintendo games have a story, really. Some of them are pretty simple -- Kirby Squeak Squad's entire plot is accidentally saving the world while attempting to find a piece of strawberry shortcake -- but there are some more complex plots as well.

Now, if you're looking for a deep plot, that does narrow it down somewhat, but I still wouldn't say there are that few of them.

Firus

BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Pokémon Mystery Dungeon.

Zelda's story isn't fanmade at all. Timeline theories are, but there's a timeline out there -- it's just that we don't know what exactly it is.

As I said, pretty much all of Nintendo's games have a story, and again, if you're looking for a deep story that's a slightly different thing, but I still don't think "almost all" applies.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
PMD is Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

Also, Zelda's story is massively intertwined, you just are clueless.

Edit: Firus and your faster response time. :/

Tacel

Smash Lord
Im pretty sure Zelda's "story" is fanmade.
No. Read the dialog. Every 100 years a Gerudo King is born who attempts to enter the Sacred Realm and steal the Triforce and take over Hyrule. At that time a Hero is born to defeat the Gerudo King.
It's not, "fanmade," it's stated in the games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom