• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Anybody know of a scary movie where it is SO scary, you won't stop thinking about it, dream about at night, or anything of the sort that I'm normally too chicken to watch but I'll only watch because it's Halloween tomorrow?

Btw, so excited for Saw 3D tomorrow. That is one of my favorite series of all time and I finally get to see how it ends (though the fact that it continued for 7 movies as of tomorrow surprises me as I was told that it'd go on for 10 movies at the most :/)

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Yeah there is a difference. Jigsaw is teh guy who actually controls the puppet and sets up the traps

Billy the Puppet is just the puppet who appears on tv

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Halloween Day at my school was hilarious. Practically half--okay so maybe not half but many people (enough to be clearly noticeable)--came in as homeless people. They all had their one sack of whatever and their canisters of "water."

Good times, good times.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I plan to see Saw 3-D on Tuesday. It's by far my favorite horror franchise and Tobin Bell's just awesome as John Kramer!

I've never played the game, but have seen it played. Storywise, it's alright. I was just glad Tobin Bell reprised his role as Jigsaw. What upset me about the game was the absence of the iconic theme, "Hello Zepp".

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So like, I lost all my VCs cause my wii is replaced =/ The good news is my 100% MM and ALttP files are on SD, but unplayable unless I spend 20 dollars.

x_x I Also finally beat the 5 games Maplestory made me put off. Too bad out of all of them, only Dark Cloud was 100% >_>

I guess it's what you get when you play a bad hack-n-slash (Drakengard/Crystal Chronicles), and a JRPG with 1043209482 missables. (Baten Kaitos)

Though really, I'm used to rpgs doing that, but god. I remember why I never play hack-n-slash now. It's so boring. (Drakengard) Or it's so terribly designed it sucks. (Crystal Chronicles).

-_-;

On a positive sign, besides restarting Monster Hunter, Battle Tower here I come >_>.

I'm thinking:

Gengar Lead / Garchomp / Scizor (or Tyranitar, I'll need to try)

My idea is to use strong lead with Focus sash and Destiny Bond. Then have SDChomp with Substitute, and Scizor with Choice Band. (Or Ttar with CB or CS)

@ Fuel. I know it's way to hyped, and most of the movie sucks. But it builds up to the 'Wtf factor'

Paranormal Activity is pretty **** scary.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Anybody know of a scary movie where it is SO scary, you won't stop thinking about it, dream about at night, or anything of the sort that I'm normally too chicken to watch but I'll only watch because it's Halloween tomorrow?
How would I know what you're normally too chicken for?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ0yjfUgfUA

Also, MINECRAFT HALLOWEEN UPDATEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ONE MORE DAYAAYAYAYSDASDFdsf

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
How would I know what you're normally too chicken for?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQ0yjfUgfUA

Also, MINECRAFT HALLOWEEN UPDATEEEEEEEEEEEEE

ONE MORE DAYAAYAYAYSDASDFdsf
Oh come on, these aren't scary. Halloween? It's a slasher for the love of god, it's just a guy killing everyone for mostly no reason. The Exorcist? It's a good movie. Not scary though. The Shining? Nothing happens for the entire first half of the movie anyways. Good movie though.

The ones that are any scary I've already seen before.

I want something hardcore scary. Something that people will actually walk out the movie theater for. Like that movie that I heard of that some Indian director actually pays people to watch his scary movie as long as they flinch none whatsoever nor do they run out of the theater. I'd look it up, but I have no idea what it's called nor do I think I'd understand it.

...yeah...

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Dead Space, Amnesia: The Dark Descent, Alone in the Dark 2, now get the **** out

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
lol shim you play maplestory? What level/server?

also I got confuse haxxed 3 times in a row while a gyarados proceeded to set up 3 dragondances. When I had hp electric to ohko and my suicune was already at +3 spD and spA. Quite frustrating

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
lol shim you play maplestory? What level/server?

also I got confuse haxxed 3 times in a row while a gyarados proceeded to set up 3 dragondances. When I had hp electric to ohko and my suicune was already at +3 spD and spA. Quite frustrating
I did. I was on Gallacia as a Lv70 Blade Acolyte. I then wasted 70 dollars in two months and was like "Screw this".

In those two months all those games piled on me and just sucked. But now they're done, and god half of them sucked. I'm never buying off nostalgia kid memories agian. I remembered Drakengard, Dark Cloud, and Crystal Chronicles being so much better. All those games were bad, to the point where I couldn't get 100% x_x (except Dark Cloud, it's okay)

Really though, I don't get how anyone can like Hack-n-Slash =/

Anyways, back on MS, I was lv70, and spent 30 dollars upgrading my armor...and it failed. So I was like...no thanks.

So I'm working today, and we dress up for Halloween.

Got three Pokewalkers, a nidoqueen keychain, and a Pokeball shirt.

Guess who I am?

M.K

Level 55
Got three Pokewalkers, a nidoqueen keychain, and a Pokeball shirt.
=O!
Where did you get the keychain?! I'd love that.
All the stuff on my car keyring has broken off. As of now, I just have a Super Mushroom.
Also, I hang a little black Yoshi plushie keychain from my rear-view mirror.

Gates

Banned via Warnings
So I won a Challenge Cup tourney on the /tr/ server last night.

Discuss.

M.K

Level 55
So I won a Challenge Cup tourney on the /tr/ server last night.

Discuss.
Nice!! Closest that I've come is Top 4 on an Overused Tournament. It basically came down to me using my Choice Scarf Porygon-Z and having to pick 1 move to take both of the opponent's mystery Pokemon. Picked the wrong move and lost! Dang!

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hey, just something that crossed my mind suddenly:

Does anyone here take the time to listen to the Pokémon cries? For some reason, I see myself constantly playing their cries on the Pokédex during my downtime. Due to that, I've memorized all cries between Gens 1-4.

Truth be told, the cries are one of my favorite aspects of Pokémon. Why that is, I don't know. Everytime a new gen is announced, I get anxious just wanting to hear the new unique cries of the Pokémon, and when I do hear them for the first time, it's like "wow, that's so cool!".

What are your favorite cries from each generation? For me:

Gen 1 - Articuno: the sexiest cry of Gen 1 in my opinion, as its cry sounds somewhat song-like.
Gen 2 - Suicune: I have to admit, I didn't know what the trio was for this game back when I was a kid. Suicune was the first of the trio, and its cry sounded indescribably legendary. On top of that, I didn't know what it was based on its sprite: I initially mistook it as a strange unicorn or something. Regardless, its cry is my fave among Gen 2.
Gen 3 - Masquerain: its cry sounds like an actual bug, namely, the bugs you hear at a pond or lake. Its cry is just so realistic in Gen 3, and it has a nice wilderness feel to the ears.
Gen 4 - Roserade: when I first saw that Roselia got an evolution, I didn't care at all. I thought "a crappy Pokémon evolves into another crappy Pokémon". However, when battling Gardenia, and seeing Roserade and hearing its cry, I fell in love with the thing (not on a furry level. >.>)! I've always liked pixies and fairies and things like that. Hearing that Roserade's cry sounds like a laughing pixie made it my favorite Grass-type, just on its cry alone.

Gen 5 is around the corner (worldwide). So far, I've heard Shandera's cry, and I have to say that I can't wait to hear the rest! X3

P.S. Even though I've memorized all cries, Gen 1 cries tends to throw me off since many Pokémon share similar cries, like Machamp/Slowbro, whilst others have the same cry altogether, like Charizard/Rhyhorn. It's amazing how far Pokémon has come in just the quality of sounds alone, huh? ^ω^

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
**** I wish I could win at least 1 tourney. The furthest I've gone is like the semi-finals before I lost to some guy who was really good. And I mean REALLY good. He then ended up winning the tourney and I was pissed :/

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
I wish I could grasp how to beat this metagame on shoddy right now. Its a bunch of GWF cores and Kingdra. Its always got some weird twist to stop my team. I sort of miss the salamence metagame. That and I wish I was around when Garchomp was in OU.

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
I wish I could grasp how to beat this metagame on shoddy right now. Its a bunch of GWF cores and Kingdra. Its always got some weird twist to stop my team. I sort of miss the salamence metagame. That and I wish I was around when Garchomp was in OU.
The Grass type is Celebi, the Water is Swampert/Vaporeon/Suicune and the Fire type is Heatran. Use Breloom/TTar. If they have Swampert/Vap just spore it and proceed to work with Breloom till you get a free turn with TTar, Dragon Dance and win since its primary counter(bulky water) is asleep.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
That and I wish I was around when Garchomp was in OU.
Trust me, during my hardcore competitive days where Garchomp roamed free in OU, it was "have a Garchomp on your team or lose"! It was so hectic, but also fun running amok with Garchomp's power. But it really was a broken Pokémon for OU. Every wi-fi battle were more like Pokémon wars than Pokémon battles. I swear I saw bullet wounds on my poor Metagross and Roserade, but it was fun nonetheless. XD

xxmoosexx

Smash Lord
The Grass type is Celebi, the Water is Swampert/Vaporeon/Suicune and the Fire type is Heatran. Use Breloom/TTar. If they have Swampert/Vap just spore it and proceed to work with Breloom till you get a free turn with TTar, Dragon Dance and win since its primary counter(bulky water) is asleep.
Yeah thats what im using now. But I generally have problems with suicune and i usually see shaymin and breloom than anything else.

Right now my main team idea is no order(lead doesn't really matter to me)
Gyarados(Bulky variant takes care of Infernape and Heatran)
Ttar
Breloom
RestTalk Machamp(Handles Suicune to a degree)
Heatran(deals with Celebi- Some variants cripple Ttar-I dont like to risk)

Right now Im really favoring Blastoise as a lead-I don't think he actually loses to anything.

Machamp is the weak link. I have to rely on him to take care of Gengar if Blastoise isnt at full health. I have to rely on him to eat Starmie's up- I don't like putting Ttar in there if I don't know the other poke's. And I have to worry about Kingdra's switching in on my heatran's fire blasts. Kingdra is another problem.

Help pl0x.

M.K

Level 55
This guy called Mew World Order just told me on the Beta Server

Wth just happened?

I wasn't even being active
Oh my god. He's such a troll!
He refused to battle me because I was a "weather ***" (all I did was lead with Politoed :p) and stalled out the entire match until he was forced to forfeit =P

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Well, I have no idea why he even mentioned me in the first place since I was watching some DBZ at the time.

Though I'm gonna go and challenge him right now with my rain team and see what he says

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Well, I have no idea why he even mentioned me in the first place since I was watching some DBZ at the time.

Though I'm gonna go and challenge him right now with my rain team and see what he says
When did he mention you?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
He never mentioned any specific person. In fact, he never even mentioned a person, he just mentioned "that thing".

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
=O!
Where did you get the keychain?! I'd love that.
All the stuff on my car keyring has broken off. As of now, I just have a Super Mushroom.
Also, I hang a little black Yoshi plushie keychain from my rear-view mirror.
From BK when I was 6. XD. Everyone loved my outfit XD.

Also, DKC Returns is coming soon. Anyone excited?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Hey, since you guys are experimenting with DroughtTales/DrizzleToed, I have to ask:

Based on what you guys have seen so far, how dominating a force do you believe weather will be in the Gen 5 metagame the moment Nintendo distributes DroughtTales/DrizzleToed?

Yeah, I'm sure it's a rhetorical question, but one worth asking nonetheless for some feedback and opinions. :D

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I would have to say that Sandstorm will still be more prevalent.
In my thoughts it is just a lot easier to abuse.
Makes sense, especially with Sand Strength and Sand Throw in the mix. Also, it makes Ttar and Hippo more of a staple now to help combat and counter Drizzle and Drought teams. Sure, there's Abomasnow, but with no buffs for Ice during Hail, Abomasnow isn't gonna see much use, in my opinion... not that it stops me from using my Ice team from time to time. XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom