• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
So he listed Leafy and Circa? They're roughly as inactive (or inversely as lurkish) as Articanus is. :p
Quite the opposite, actually. I mean I do lurk a **** ton, but I'm definitely not inactive. I'm just active at all the wrong times of the day. While you kiddies are all off going to school and learning and ****, I'm sitting here waiting for even a single reply that I care to respond to. And then when all of you get home, I'm busy doing something; as for what, who the **** knows. I don't even know. So anyway, yeah. And then you guys say things that interest me and actually make me want to respond while I'm away, and I don't see it until morning; by which time the topic is usually done with and I find no point in reviving something clearly dead.

tl;dr: I'm ****ing active Tery. Grr.

But I'm still trying to figure out how I made it on that list too.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
If some bot is spamming the PC, why are you guys replying to the bot's threads?

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
If some bot is spamming the PC, why are you guys replying to the bot's threads?
That thing's a bot? I thought it was either a guy who misread what the board was, or the ultimate noob.

One would think I'd be able to tell given my experience in the Yahoo chat rooms. >_>

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Quite the opposite, actually. I mean I do lurk a **** ton, but I'm definitely not inactive. I'm just active at all the wrong times of the day. While you kiddies are all off going to school and learning and ****, I'm sitting here waiting for even a single reply that I care to respond to. And then when all of you get home, I'm busy doing something; as for what, who the **** knows. I don't even know. So anyway, yeah. And then you guys say things that interest me and actually make me want to respond while I'm away, and I don't see it until morning; by which time the topic is usually done with and I find no point in reviving something clearly dead.

tl;dr: I'm ****ing active Tery. Grr.

But I'm still trying to figure out how I made it on that list too.
Writer, I mentioned that you were either mainly inactive or mainly lurking. I covered the options.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
Unless you are going to help the guy like the first poster in that thread, the instance of "Replying to SPAM" warrants an infraction. The rest is unnecessary.
That makes sense. I dunno about the other guys, but I'll be sure to keep that in mind. Wouldn't want an infraction to mar my account over a careless mistake. X__x

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Ugh Wrath. I beat Dark Genie, on my way to get Chronicle 2 Sword. Dunno if I have willpower to max out everyone's weapons. The combat is so stale =/

Wrath`

Smash Master
Ugh Wrath. I beat Dark Genie, on my way to get Chronicle 2 Sword. Dunno if I have willpower to max out everyone's weapons. The combat is so stale =/
I suggest maxing out only Toan and Osmond, this is the team I toppled the Demon Shaft with, just make sure you play safe as these monsters DON'T MESS AROUND. Yeah, combat does get stale, but something always drew me to the game and kept me playing it.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
As a perfectionist, I feel bad not maxing everyone out. But honestly... it seems like..********.

Maxing out the weapons is feeling like getting 99 of every item in an rpg. I usually don't go that far lol.

Probably just settle for maxed health/gourd/defenses, all ultimate weapons, Toan maxed out 100%, Demon shaft beaten, all georama 100% ,etc.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
Talking about video games, Jesus I finally did it. I finally beat Goku in Expert Battle on Raging Blast. He. Was. Such. A. Pain. His attacks are overpowered as hell, he starts off the battle in High Tension using his Spirit Bomb right away, and all the hits that hit him do little to no damage at all.

God thank ****ing God that Kid Buu can spam the Mystic Ball Attack and the Super Kamehameha to hell because without that I'd be at it still

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
[8:17:35 PM] CRASHiC: Getting caught with ****** a few years back was weird enough

Discuss

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
I don't know exactly HOW the discussion will play out, but I predict that it will end with someone like ulti arguing with Firus or Spire on how he shouldn't have been banned in the first place...

Or something like that

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
[9:45 PM] CRASiC - someone should tell Pink Reaper that I was caught in the closet of my ex girlfriend's closet naked by her non-english speaking father

Pink Reaper

Real Name No Gimmicks
BRoomer
In the Air, Using Up b as an offensive move
[9:45 PM] CRASiC - someone should tell Pink Reaper that I was caught in the closet of my ex girlfriend's closet naked by her non-english speaking father
Crashic got caught being in the closet IN THE CLOSET?

I didnt know you could even be that gay. He should consider himself lucky that the person who found him didnt speak english lest his double gay soul be crushed by the tremendous amounts of hate that i assume spewed forth from him.

If it makes Crash feel better, I voted no on Prop 8.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I think he meant to say that he was caught in the closet while naked in his ex-girlfriend's closet by her father, who didn't know that she was actually a transexual.

I'm thinking hallucinogens.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Hey guys, if I install Linux on a disk partition, is the data on the partition before installing wiped, or is only data added?

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
So I got Wii2HDMI. I was thinking about the full upscaler to 1080p, but I read since 480p is the highest Wii supports, 1080p on Wii can actually make a lot of games look bad. So I went with what Wave+ showed me, and got Wii2HDMI.

I have to say, coming from 480i, just 480p looks a lot better. Seeing Wii at it's best is kinda cool, and the graphics are a lot more crisp. I could've just gotten composite cables that would've done the same thing for much cheaper, but oh well.

Edit: So... I turn on my Wii... play Brawl..turn it off....turn it on later..it won't read -ANY- discs... Why?

Wrath`

Smash Master
This happened to me but in reverse, my Wii no longer reads my brawl disc. I don't know how to help you, maybe they do in the computer cafe? It may be your laser.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
This is why I hate SWF's double post policy. Edits go a long time unseen.

Have you hard or softmodded your Wii?

UberMario

Smash Master
Hey guys, if I install Linux on a disk partition, is the data on the partition before installing wiped, or is only data added?
That depends, are you doing it on a virtual console running in Windows, or are you dual booting?

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
That depends, are you doing it on a virtual console running in Windows, or are you dual booting?
Dual booting.

Probably?

EDIT: Wait, when did these forum "award" things get implemented? And why on earth is Pokémon Master not one of them?

UberMario

Smash Master
Dual booting.

Probably?
Out of personal experience, it's less frustrating and easier to do a virtual console. (Especially if you just want to try out Linux)

It's not that hard and you can be sure nothing will be erased, all you have to do is the following:

1. Download VirtualBox (Windows host if you're currently using Windows, Mac host if you're currently using a Macintosh)
2. Download the [completely legal] .iso for whatever Linux OS you want, I use Ubuntu, but it's up to you.
3. Follow this: http://www.pendrivelinux.com/running-linux-from-within-windows-virtually/
4. [Optional, this is the longest step so if you're in a hurry, skip to five, you can come back to this later] To change the resolution possible in VirtualBox. follow:

Select "Install Guest Additions" in VirtualBox while Ubuntu is running (after you finished running it like a brand new computer, info, etc. You know the drill)
Go to the terminal of Linux [in Applications -> Accessories]
Once in the terminal type:
cd /media/VBOXADDITIONS_3.2.10_66523 (or whatever your guest cd's folder is called)

dir

then type:

sudo sh ./VBoxLinuxAdditions.run (or VBoxLinuxAdditions-x86.run, dependng on your setup)

AFTER it finishes what it is doing, you now need to reboot the virtual machine.

Log onto the Ubuntu desktop and this time go to System - Preferences then Screen Resolution. You should now have more options than the three low res options you had at the beginning.

(yes there is a space after cd)

By default it will be 800x600, so you'll probably need to make it a bit bigger if you have a high-resolution screen.

5. After you're finished mounting the .iso for installation, make VirtualBox mount the Disc drive you use. [Don't worry, you can still use it in Windows, it's just when you have Linux open in Virtual Box that it will run there instead]

Running it in a virtual pc is the better way to go if you're computer has more than 1GB of RAM, because if you don't like Linux, you just have to not pull up Virtual Box, rather than dealing with the OS-selection prompt EVERY time you bot the computer like you have to when dual booting. Also, wih a virtual console you can run Windows AND Linux at the same time, as Linux will run in a window. Also, if you use Linux, I recommend getting "Wine", it allows you to run older Windows 95-2000 games that are incompatible with Vista and 7. I don't know how it works, but it makes Linux decode it properly.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
What forum awards are you talking about?
On someone's profile, to the right of Visitor Messages, About Me, etc.
Out of personal experience, it's less frustrating and easier to do a virtual console. (Especially if you just want to try out Linux)
Thanks, I'm fiddling around with it right now, it's pretty cool.

Have you tried out other *buntus?

UberMario

Smash Master
Thanks, I'm fiddling around with it right now, it's pretty cool.

Have you tried out other *buntus?
The other Linux OS systems? No, but I'm sure they work with it. Ubuntu is one of the more popular Linux engines due to it's simple interfaces. (It's even simpler to understand than Windows). But I know Linux Fedora, Linux Gentoo, and Linux OpenSUSE are also popular, though I haven't used them, at least, not on my computer. If you have the memory space, you could have them all on the same computer [either through virtual consoles or more-than-dual boots].

It's more of a matter of preference though when it comes to which version of Linux you want, they all process programs near identically, so it's usually unnecessary to have more-than-one version.

Ryu Shimazu

Smash Master
NNID
Ryushimmy
3DS FC
5000-5048-5681
Alright. So apparently my disc reader in my Wii died. Explains why Monster Hunter Tri and Metroid: Other M took way to long to read/load.

So I got a Black Wii (Don't care for the Red Wii package coming, I'll get built in motion with SS + NSMBWii is meh, and Black>Red)

All my game files are saved on an SD Card now and my Black Wii, the only problem is my 100% Majora's Mask/A Link to the Past is on SD Card only, as I would have to re-buy it on my new Wii. I lost Brawl and Monster Hunter Tri, as they won't carry over, but I can get a Brawl save from Gamefaqs (I had everything anyways), and I was barely in Tri.

So, bummer day but I guess it could've been worse =/ I guess it's just good I didn't loose my files and the VC game 100% files are there, at least.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
The other Linux OS systems? No, but I'm sure they work with it. Ubuntu is one of the more popular Linux engines due to it's simple interfaces. (It's even simpler to understand than Windows). But I know Linux Fedora, Linux Gentoo, and Linux OpenSUSE are also popular, though I haven't used them, at least, not on my computer. If you have the memory space, you could have them all on the same computer [either through virtual consoles or more-than-dual boots].

It's more of a matter of preference though when it comes to which version of Linux you want, they all process programs near identically, so it's usually unnecessary to have more-than-one version.
No, I mean Kubuntu, Xubuntu, EduBuntu. Other stuff like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom