• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chill

Red
BRoomer
Yeah, I would buy that.

edit:I think part of the PC's activity decline is due to BW. BW is like the Brawl of Pokemon.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Chill don't be blaming this activity on B/W =p

I like metagames with rediculous offense, so I like Gen V lol. I'm more of a UU/RU player now though.

Fuelbi

Banned via Warnings
So we have to hack into the system to catch Chill?

Damn, I'm not sure if I even want to go through all that trouble to get Chill here

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Yeah, I would buy that.

edit:I think part of the PC's activity decline is due to BW. BW is like the Brawl of Pokemon.
It's that bad? O_o
I never played competitively for gens 1-3, but I did 4 for a while, though I didn't know the metagame too well because I used an entirely NU/UU team that was designed for OU play... and now in gen 5 I'm doing a mix of tiers in OU dream world that works fairly well, but anyway. Gen 5 has a lot of annoying crap, and there is so much stuff out there that it's hard to make a team that can counter everything, but I like it more than gen 4 so far.

So earlier, I was playing a random guy who set up reflect with his deoxys, I sent out Scizor, used I think Swords Dance and then brick break, he paralyzed me, he sent out Mew, he used Swagger on me for some reason, I used Bug Bite and stole his Lum Berry, clearing me of Paralysis and Confusion, with +4 attack, and then he swore at me and ragequit :troll:

The people on PO, I swear.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Beta server > smogon

also i just recently found out that no gen 5 pokemons will be receiving DW abilities in pokemon B/W since the game doesn't even have overworld sprites for them.
....wut?

so, that means my Sap Sipper Zebra don exits? :c

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I got stung by every mosquito in Mexico, got some weird stomach pain / fever bull**** that I can attribute to either food poisoning or anime withdrawal, ****ing humid as hell if hell was humid in addition to hot as hell.

At least the pyramids were cool, and the 2012 rock was appropriately dull. Actually being able to climb the pyramid was the best, amazing view.

Firus

You know what? I am good.
BRoomer
NNID
OctagonalWalnut
3DS FC
0619-4291-4974
Well they might be viable once the 3rd game of this Gen comes out.
That seems likely. It seems Nintendo and Game Freak are quite good at doing stupidly annoying things which force you to spend more money.

M.K

Level 55
The after story in Black and White is so dry. My White Forest is simply withering away because none of my local friends have Black or White. Battle Subway is nice until I get haxxed to death by some weird non-threat.

Im eagerly awaiting the 3rd installment. I was hoping to hear of a new XD/Colosseum game but....that is a stretch :/

:phone:

Asdioh

Not Asidoh

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Why does this seem so complicated? I haven't done anything with Dream World yet, probably because I got bored of Black and stuff.
The release of DW abilities is similar to, say, event gen II legendary beasts (ExtremeSpeed Entei, for example). There's just a whole lot of these events to go through.

What? Like the yellow/crystal/emerald/platinum of this gen, which they supposedly said won't exist, but probably will because they like money?
Waiting for possible move tutors. Ice Punch Excadrill.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Waiting for possible move tutors. Ice Punch Excadrill.
Oh boy.

It's annoying, when I'm making a team on PO, to see the potential moves my pokemon could have, but then I want it to have it's 5th gen ability, but the move is from a 3rd/4th gen move tutor/TM lol.

But yeah, I never really did events. Ever. I only played the games when I got them and then got bored after a while. I mean, I played 1st/2nd gen a ton, because 1. they're the best and 2. I was young, but I didn't know anything about events or such >_>
I never bought 3rd gen (only played through it once on an emulator) and bought platinum, HG, and Black... like I said, haven't done any event stuff. ...except I think Victini and Shaymin probably count as events, don't they?

M.K

Level 55
What? Like the yellow/crystal/emerald/platinum of this gen, which they supposedly said won't exist, but probably will because they like money?
It's going to exist. Confirming a third installment before the first two games are even released is a really lousy business move, so they went with the whole "oooh, it might not even happen!" charade to save their earnings.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Wow you people are so out of date here. They already stepped out to debunk that no third game rumor. They confirmed there would be a third game already.

:phone:

Daddy Ash

Smash Apprentice
Well following the same theory as previous gens I'd bet Version Gray, or they could pull a u-turn and name it something totally unexpected...such as Version Dance Dance Revolution (updatedtoVibrantandthenchangedbacktoRevolutionduetopublicoutcry) *inhales deeply*

Wrath`

Smash Master
This new game will probably be based off Kyuremu(HELL YEAH!!!), wich is primary Gray and Gray-Blue. SO I'd say Gray is the safest bet, but who knows, Pokemon Cadet Blue would be funny.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
This new game will probably be based off Kyuremu(HELL YEAH!!!), wich is primary Gray and Gray-Blue. SO I'd say Gray is the safest bet, but who knows, Pokemon Cadet Blue would be funny.
Which reminds me. Zekrom and Reshiram are Uber, while their counterpart, Kyuremwhatever, is UU? ._.

Enzo

Smash Lord
lol it'd still be only OU if they gave it the godly water/dragon typing

Too bad his signature moves freeze shock and ice burn both suck harder than using blizzard in sun...
they're base 140 but require charge up (similar to sky attack) with a 30% chance of paralysis and 30% chance of burn, respectively. this is a fact because although no pokemon can learn it, the attack is still in the programming of B/W.

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Glaciate_(move)

wtf, it's Icy Wind but with 10 more power. lol.

And his ability is pressure. Whatacrappyability.jpg

In other news, Articuno is probably my favorite Ice type. I've tried using a stall articuno, abusing stuff like Toxic plus sky drop, protect, and roost... and then i found that Sky Drop does NOTHING to substitutes which is stuuuuuupid

Asdioh

Not Asidoh
Why use Sky Drop when you can use Fly?
because they can just switch out if I use Fly, while Sky Drop forces them to stay in and take toxic damage :D

it wasn't amazing, but it was pretty fun.

I also noticed there are some items, Binding Band and something else, that improve moves like Wrap/Sand Tomb/Fire Spin and stuff. Like, the binding band makes them take 1/8 HP per turn instead of 1/16. I thought those would be fun to toy with, but they probably still suck >_>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom