• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Unless your check can deal with taking repeated EQs / Rock Slides from a Excadrill who switches out when you try to hit him, you can't only use checks.
But most people focused on saving Excadrill for an end game sweep by getting rid of the opponent's checks/counters though, so it's not like it was constantly wearing down said checks often.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Unless your check can deal with taking repeated EQs / Rock Slides from a Excadrill who switches out when you try to hit him, you can't only use checks.
When I saw Excadrill I'd just hit it with stuff.

Seemed to work for me.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Which is just saving it for later.
And Weezing has 334 Max HP man you guys are lame you can't even calculate stats when I was your age we never used percentages we just used the raw numbers and they seemed to work for just I tell you kids these days

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
assuming the player is using skarm, there are probably spikes

and whirlwinding exca is still good, bc he requires swords dance to get off

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Gliscor can take LO Adamant Returns with relative ease and just EQ Drill to death.

Balloon Drill can't do enough damage to Gliscor to actually beat it.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
dose situations

tery the point of whirlwinding is so that you can at least get him in on a better situation. like snapbacks in marvel

wave's situation is more likely

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Gliscor with Protect deals with pretty much all Excadrill without any trouble. Pretty sure even HP Ice without significant SpAtk investment can't take down Gliscor.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
HP Ice can't even 2HKO Standard Gliscor because of Poison Heal lol. +2 Return actually does more damage than uninvested HP Ice.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
0 Atk Skarmory Brave Bird vs 4 HP/0 Def Excadrill: 22.38% - 26.52%
Recoil damage doesn't exactly help your chances of winning, either.

X-Scissor is a 3HKO, and Bronzong 2HKOs with EQ, yes. However, against Balloon Excadrill, you lose, unless Gyro Ball does 40% or so, not sure.

Enzo

Smash Lord
I probably should have said that it dents excadrill, it also helps by breaking their balloon if they have one which opens them up to spikes damage, the extra recoil from a brave bird doesnt really hurt skarmory much when its doing 23%ish.

Life orb excadrill has an even harder time because the recoil from spikes and life orb adds up, pretty fast; much faster than the user of that drill would want anyhow

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
+2 Life Orb Rock Slide vs. 252 HP / 232 Def. Skarmory - 41.3% - 48.5%

So the accuracy is always a problem, but that's nearly a 2HKO on a clean Skarmory. No Stealth Rocks, previous hits, or Brave Bird recoil.

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
Exacdrill can guarantee a 2HKO by using another Swords Dance for +4, saving Life Orb recoil and reducing the chance of a miss. Of course, that is completely shut down by Whirlwind.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
ITT: Excadrill y?

The only thing I have scarfed is my Hydreigon. Which I use to blow up Ferrothorns that aren't backed by Heatrans. (Read: Flamethrower)

So bringing it out on an Excadrill isn't gonna do me good if survives a Focus Blast and just presses the X-Scissor button.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
Excadrill is torn a new one by Scarfed Accelgor.

/discussion
I was curious if anyone would bring this up. Too bad Focus Blast isn't a guaranteed OHKO.
it's beaten by scarfed groudon as well :troll:
Groudon doesn't need Scarf, just max Speed.
ITT: Excadrill y?

The only thing I have scarfed is my Hydreigon. Which I use to blow up Ferrothorns that aren't backed by Heatrans. (Read: Flamethrower)

So bringing it out on an Excadrill isn't gonna do me good if survives a Focus Blast and just presses the X-Scissor button.
Scarf Hydreigon isn't outspeed Excadrill in Sand any time soon.

Nike.

Smash Hero
Hey guys, I have a question about the nuzlocke challenge.
I know that catching the first pkmn you see in the area is the general rule.
Does this same rule apply to event or gift pokemon?
EX: Could I get eevee, abra (gamecorner), and dratini (gamecorner) if I wanted to in celadon, or just one?

I ask because I saw this and flipped: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LX4gOWdre2o&feature=channel_video_title

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'm sure you already know the two rules of Nuzlocke. There's no "official" Nuzlocke rules, that's all there is.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I'm fairly certain Pay Day is rather unnecessary, especially when you're not ever wasting your money on Pokeballs or Revives. You usually get a solid cash flow throughout the game elsewhere.

The ability Pickup, however, is incredible.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I might do a Black nuzlocke soon. I just found my DS charger a few days ago after like three months, so idk.

My Galvantula though. :(

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
His comment seemed to imply that Hydreigon would get off a Focus Blast BEFORE taking an attack from Excadrill, which (in my mind) meant that he was say that Scarf Hydreigon would outspeed Excadrill.

My bad.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
Ferrothorn gastrodon dragonite and rotom w are all notorious for doing very well against rain teams.

Rotom w gliscor and skarmory all perform great against sand teams.

Dnite heatran latios and terrakion (when used correctly) can all give sun teams hell.

Those are just a few examples. Making a full non weather team that can handle all types of weather effectively can be a bit tricky.

:phone:

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
It sounds like you guys are on to something.

Those four + Politoed + whatever fits the gap best. Run itttt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom