• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Snorlax Room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
if we're going to split hairs, you also didn't include chansey

but wishpassing is either "it's big enough" or "it's too small to cover gengar's crotch"
Fair enough.

I have a confession to make: I rather despise Event Pokémon/Moves that are commonly used (the 3rd Gen Wish Event is the biggest offender). I understand that these moves are useful, particularly on these specific Pokémon, but they're basically unobtainable. I don't have a problem with the moves on the Pokémon themselves, but it's their availability that gets me. In other words, Wish Chansey/Blissey bugs me to no end.

I also don't like using Legendaries for the same reason, but as most of them are reasonable to get, I'm not completely opposed to them.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
His comment seemed to imply that Hydreigon would get off a Focus Blast BEFORE taking an attack from Excadrill, which (in my mind) meant that he was say that Scarf Hydreigon would outspeed Excadrill.

My bad.
Poor wording on my part. I meant if I predicted the Excadrill switch-in. Then, all that junk.

I feel weird being in here. I don't really discuss too much competitive Pokemon stuff. So while I know what people are talking about (from experience in fighting said Pokemon) I really don't know how to add an input without looking stupid.

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
I feel weird being in here. I don't really discuss too much competitive Pokemon stuff. So while I know what people are talking about (from experience in fighting said Pokemon) I really don't know how to add an input without looking stupid.
Yeah, same here. I just read most of the time, it gets pretty interesting hearing about all the different types of competitive teams and the best Pokemon for the job.

John2k4

The End of an Era
That's why I stay away from a lot of the competetive things too...Pokemon's mainly a casual game for me. :)

:phone:

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
Well, I run a dualtype team (Water/Dark) and I've been doing alright with it on PO. I have some pretty silly weaknesses but I've made do with what I have. I finally figured out how to make my Jellicent a bit more troll-y. Although, I'm considering just axing the Speed EVs because Jellicent isn't meant to outspeed anything - not with 60 base speed. So, the EVs I put down are going to be the new ones.

Jellicent:
-Bold
-Leftovers
-252 Defense/252 HP/4 Speed

Attacks:
-Toxic
-Scald
-Taunt
-Recover

I've been trying to find a way to give Jellicent the ability to poison and burn without sacking anything super useful. Scald can burn and still do damage. This gets rid of my Jirachi problem...sorta. Toxitaunt does what it does best - crippling everything else that isn't resistant to poison i.e Steel types and other Poison types.

kirbyraeg

Smash Hero
That's like, the best set on jellicent ever <3

The thing is you might want to try running more Speed EVs so you aren't beaten to the Taunt by something else. a spread like 252/96/160 so you can reliably beat stuff like Skarmory, defensive Politoed, and Vaporeon to the punch at the expense of being unable to wall as many threats.

Exceladon City

Smash Hero
That's like, the best set on jellicent ever <3

The thing is you might want to try running more Speed EVs so you aren't beaten to the Taunt by something else. a spread like 252/96/160 so you can reliably beat stuff like Skarmory, defensive Politoed, and Vaporeon to the punch at the expense of being unable to wall as many threats.
Really? Has nobody else thought of that? If so, I'm a little bit hyped. I'll try that EV spread.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Poor wording on my part. I meant if I predicted the Excadrill switch-in. Then, all that junk.
People actually hard-switch to Excadrill? Wtf that's so weird.

I can't figure out why anyone would ever want to hard-switch to a Pokemon who plays the roles of revenge killer and late-game sweeper so well, especially when said Pokemon has subpar defenses. It just doesn't make sense.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
I also don't like using Legendaries for the same reason, but as most of them are reasonable to get, I'm not completely opposed to them.
Due to 5th Gen's change in how IVs/Natures are calculated, it's significantly easier to get perfect legendaries. Just saying.

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
They're just calculated a bit differently now, and independently of each other.

In Gens III and IV, you couldn't get a perfect IV and Nature combo for most combination of the two since they were calculated with the same, and rather haphazardly. You couldn't get perfect IVs and a nature that wasn't modest because the hidden rules wouldn't allow it, it was just how wild Pokemon IV and Nature calculations worked.

The Nature calculations and IV calculations were separated in Gen V, allowing legendaries and anything not bred to have any combination of IVs and Nature.

Kofu

Smash Master
NNID
Atoyont
3DS FC
1521-4492-7542
I knew the first part, but didn't realize the calculations are separate now.

Couldn't bred Pokémon also have any combination, though? :p

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Bred Pokemon were always able to have any combination. Wild Pokemon couldn't.

This is why Legendaries with good IVs and Nature were so hard to get in past Gens. Now that's a bit better.

Xubble

Smash Ace
Shinies. We all love em. What's the coolest shiny you ever encountered and/or caught?

I lost my Diamond save a while back. I was so pissed about it. When I restarted after about a week of not playing, I ended up getting a shiny Piplup on the very first try. Made me soooooo happy. ^_^

Sapphire Dragon

Smash Master
NNID
SapphireRyu
3DS FC
3351-4374-1516
Switch FC
SW-2172-6976-4896
Mmmmmmmmm shinies. Love them too much.

I have an Ekans and Noctowl on my original Silver, I'm pretty sure I had a couple others but I can't remember. I have a shiny Dragonair from FireRed (yes, caught it as a Dratini in the Safari Zone, feels good man) and a shiny Stantler from Soul Silver.

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
Shiny Bidoof. I named her Fergie. :3

Actually my favorite one was the Gloom I got in Diamond. It was my first. And then oddly enough, when I played Pokemon Rumble the first "shiny" I got was Gloom as well. <.<

UltiMario

Out of Obscurity
NNID
UltiMario
3DS FC
1719-3180-2455
Quiet actually isn't a terrible nature for Nidoqueen.

Not the best, but definitely not the worst.

Xubble

Smash Ace
My shiny Empoleon is Jolly, so I kiiiinda have to run a Swords Dance set. >_>

My very first shiny was a Gyarados in Crystal :troll: a Pidgey in FireRed. I flipped **** when it showed up. "OMG SHINY PIDGAAAAAAAAAY!!!"

I have a shiny Dragonite on HeartGold with ExtremeSpeed. He's my favorite. ^_^

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Need that Thunderus as well. Also the only legit shiny pokemon that I found was a shiny Linoone in the Ruby Battle tower in my first Ruby game which sucks hard for me, a Shiny Duskull that my friend has now as a shiny Dusknoir from my first Ruby but too bad the nature sucks. A shiny Pinser in the bug catching contest in gold version that was paralyzed got a critical hit with Vicegrip on my Mareep before I caught it and tears came that day:sadeyes:, a Shiny Clampear which I found in my Second Ruby with a Naive nature and good Speed Iv's is now a Shiny Huntail on my rain team in my Heart Gold and a shiny Raticate I found in my Heart Gold as well while Ev training for speed too bad the nature sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom