• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Tally Thread (FSU, FAMU, TCC, Leon County)

Deadweight

Smash Ace
Lol at melee players claiming their game to be pretty and music like.
I play brawl because, it's the biggest fighter out now in the competitive scene.
I like playing games competitively, I like tournaments, the general feel of being around the smash community. Brawl may not be the better game, or w/e. But it's the one being played at high lvls now. So Adapt or just keep johning. idgaf

Klarvic

Smash Apprentice
Lol at JASSON BEING HIGH.
I play brawl because, it's the biggest fighter out now in the competitive scene.
I like playing games competitively, I like tournaments, the general feel of being around the smash community. Brawl may not be the better game, or w/e. But it's the one being played at high lvls now. So Adapt or just keep johning. idgaf
Hey, I fixed your post for you.

By the way Dedweight, WE HAVE MELEE TOURNAMENTS!!!!!!! I hate the "Brawl has a higher competitive population therefore I play it" mentality. Play the game you like.

Ruse

Fox
There's just as much dumb s*** in Melee as there is in Brawl.

Melee is old and dying; most of the pros have quit. It's still fun to play, but I doubt I'll ever take Melee seriously. There's no point in trying to catch up to people who have been playing the game for like twenty-three years and know everything about it when I can just play the newer version (albeit different) that has a bigger scene.

Also, it takes skill to play Brawl. Just because you're not moving at warp speed doesn't mean it's not hard to do.

Go beat M2K if you disagree. Hell, go beat Seibrik.

Deadweight

Smash Ace
Everyone should just play warcraft
This and
There's just as much dumb s*** in Melee as there is in Brawl.

Melee is old and dying; most of the pros have quit. It's still fun to play, but I doubt I'll ever take Melee seriously. There's no point in trying to catch up to people who have been playing the game for like twenty-three years and know everything about it when I can just play the newer version (albeit different) that has a bigger scene.

Also, it takes skill to play Brawl. Just because you're not moving at warp speed doesn't mean it's not hard to do.

Go beat M2K if you disagree. Hell, go beat Seibrik.
10agrees

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Actually, he was a MK main before picking up Lucario. He switched once LA held one or two MK banned tourneys. Also, he probably got tired of ****** the rest of LA with MK. Last time we were there, Ruse said Lee was beating him with C. Falcon after all.

*groans at Melee vs Brawl talk*
Joe, get on AIM.

He mained MK until he went to HOBO.. 12? I think. He picked up Lucario two weeks prior and still came in 2nd.

I'm pretty sure he went MK because D3 does pretty d*** good against Lucario.
Thanks 4 the info guys :-)

I excuse Lee M for using MK cuz we saw that match @ PHS on livestream. It was awesome but CO18 was 2 good to fight w/ Lucario. So I thats why I pointed out that a Lucario and D3 were the only 2 chars to really do good @ Whobo(DSF doesn't count cuz he used Meta mostly)

@ the Melee vs Brawl Convo

Here is the solution

2 Melee Players - stop talkin Sh*t about Brawl, it's annoying and its like bashing people for not smoking... Which I will never do.

2 Brawl Players - Keep doin what U doin and don't Bash Melee. Melee is like our history and without it we wouldn't be where we are.

In the end, they are both F**KING GAMES WE PLAY 4 FUN.

SYLAR

Smash Rookie
Hey Sylar,

Whats up?

(No imput of brawl vs. melee....... just play your own preferred game)
(completely ignoring Brawl vs Melee stupidity)

Nothing much man, wrapping up the semester, gonna visit my brother this weekend. He has Brawl, but rarely plays, so I'm going to do my best to get him interested again :chuckle:
(Dinosaur Dance!)

Then, in a few weeks I intend on finally getting myself a DS and Platinum. Look forward to pokemon battles. See how that Crobat stands against my Absol

Side Note: I think I'm going to focus on my Lucas for a while. He has the potential to be my third, and it's either him or G&W, so I'm gonna try and train with him for a while. Advice?

B_AWAL

Smash Master
(completely ignoring Brawl vs Melee stupidity)

Nothing much man, wrapping up the semester, gonna visit my brother this weekend. He has Brawl, but rarely plays, so I'm going to do my best to get him interested again :chuckle:
(Dinosaur Dance!)

Then, in a few weeks I intend on finally getting myself a DS and Platinum. Look forward to pokemon battles. See how that Crobat stands against my Absol

Side Note: I think I'm going to focus on my Lucas for a while. He has the potential to be my third, and it's either him or G&W, so I'm gonna try and train with him for a while. Advice?
U kno Chris...

and Ur name sounds familiar...

Why have I not playhed/met U yet???

SYLAR

Smash Rookie
U kno Chris...

and Ur name sounds familiar...

Why have I not playhed/met U yet???
Yeah, we go to school together.

If you come on Wednesdays, or used to go Fortress, you've probably played me.

I think I have played you once before, back at Fortress. As you can probably tell I go by SYLAR, and am probably the only Yoshi main in Tally.

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
this is an idea, i love this melee vs brawl.. it makes me smile everytime everyone says something about it...

lets think about it for a minute..

If you were super good at both games and you were 100% sure u were gona take 1st place but u could only chose one game to play at that tournament and the amount of people who signed in for both games are equal... remember you have 100% potential to beat everyone......... which game would you chose to play?

My answer to my own question will be:

Melee because during finals.. people gather up and watch all the matches because everyone is super hyped.... and u see people enjoying the match. It dont know i guess its just me .. i like that feeling of watching a crazy match ... or being able to pull of a combo that made people go: "WOOOOw"

Not like brawl... people usually get eliminated and leave.. people watching grand finals are not that many..... cuz its not that crazy of a match. And everyone is usually grumpy while playing that game, everyone johns because of why they lost and how they lost, or who they lost to...and that they are better than the other one.

But when i get wrecked in mellee, i feel like.. holy **** man you are freaking good.. props to u.. that was really tight.

That is my input.. i love both games .. i love smash itself... i can play both games, and im chosing to get better at mellee because of the reasons i just gave up there... i want people to be like... "**** nice combos" "really sick matches" .. not like....... "omg that was gaY" "how did that work" "wtf" "what just happened?" "camp more" "dont worry bout it, he just camped"

and my favorite one: "i dont know what happened man, i lost 2 a srub" i know what happened. But i wont say it cuz people will be ofended by the coinflip idea of the game.

I LOVE BRAWL , and I love melee . . . . but deep inside i know melee is a better game . . .and i will enjoy it more once i learn how to play it. =)

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
<content redacted>

I've got to the point where i thought about that scenario too....but i dont see it being as gay as brawl.... and yes you are right there is probably more gay stuff in brawl, but the only reason there is more gay stuff, is because there is not enough freedom to do what you please with your character.

still both good games. =)

Last edited by a moderator:

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Really? You can't just contribute to the conversation? You have to make me scroll through that?
CUZ IT'S THE STUPIDEST ****ING ARGUEMENT THAT EVER HIT THE ****ING BOARDS SINCE IT ****ING STARTED!!!

ITS 1 THING TO BE IN AN ARGUMENT AND SAY THAT BRAWK IS BETTER THAN MELEE.

BUT NO MATTER WHAT THE ****ING CONVERSATION IS ABOUT, AS LONG AS ITS PERTAINING TO BRAWL, MELEE PLAYERS JUST HAVE TO COME IN OUT OF KNOWHERE AND GO "BRAWL IS GAY, PLAY MELEE CAUSE IT'S BETTER" OR "LOL @ BRAWL TAKING SKILL".

THAT PEOPLE THAT DO THIS NEED TO GO BUY A PACK OF PENCILS AND START SHARPEN THEM ALL AND SHOVE PENCILS UP THEIR RECTUMS UNTIL THEY FIND SOMETHING BETTER TO DO THAN HATING ON A GAME THAT PEOPLE ENJOY.

IMAGINE THIS...

LET'S SAY THAT I DON'T LIKE A NICE LOOKING BUTT ON GIRLS(4 THE RECORD, I'M INFATUATED W/ FEMALE BUTTS)

U AND SOME1 ELSE COULD BE TALKING ABOUT FEMALE BUTTS AND I'LL JUST COME IN OUT OF KNOWHERE AND B LIKE "BUTTS ARE FOR ******S, GO FOR **** CAUSE THEY ARE MORE FUN TO GRAB" OR "LOL @ FEELING ON FEMALE BUTTS"

THATS HOW IT IS ON LIKE, ****ING **** NEAR 3 OUT OF 5 THREADS ON THE BOARDS.

i MEAN ****ING SERIOUSLY, IT'S ANNOYING AND ALL THAT HAPPENS IS THAT PEOPLE END UP ARGUING OVER WHICH GAME IS BETTER WHEN IN THE END

3 TRUTHS

1.)BRAWL HAS A BIGGER SCENE RIGHT NOW
2.)MELEE IS TRYING TO MAKE A COMEBACK
3.)PEOPLE THAT WASTE TIME ARGUING WHICH IS BETTER ARE ****ING IDIOTS, NO MATER WHICH SIDE UR ON THE ARGUMENT IS NEVER GOING TO END.

JASSON, @ UR QUESTION I'D SAY I'D PLAY BRAWL OVER MELEE TOURNEY KNOWING I COULD WIN 100%

(BUT U KNO I'D CHOOSE :sonic: > PRACTICALLY ANYTHING ELSE)

Plus, that is why PHS has both Melee and Brawl running @ different times so that i can play both.

I'M SORRY FOR BEING RUDE, BUT THERE IS NO POINT IN THIS ARGUING. WHAT GOOD IS IT GONNA DO? WHAT IS IT GONNA SOLVE? IF U WANT TO BRING MORE PEOPLE TO PLAY THE SAME GAME UR PLAYIN THEN INVITE THEM TO TRY AND PLAY IT. DON'T JUST GO OUT AND BASH THE GAME THAT THEY PLAY.

ALSO, COMMENTS LIKE...

THERE'S NO MK IN MELEE :-) "LOL" ARE FINE.

BUT THIS ARGUING IS POINTLESS AND IT NEEDS TO STOP CUZ ALL IT'S DOING IS CAUSING RANDOM DISCUSSIONS WHATSOEVER.

ALSO, THERE IS NO POINT IN DISCUSSING WHICH GAME IS BETTER MRFTW. HENCE WHY I WROTE WHAT I WROTE ON THE WALL. IF U WANNA WASTE UR TIME AND TRY TO ARGUE WHIC GAME IS BETTER THEN JOIN ONE OF THE INFINITE TTHREAD MADE FOR IT OR BETTER YET MAKE 1 URSELF AND SEE HOW POINTLESS IT REALLY IS BY NOTICING HOW THE CONVERSATION WILL NEVER ****ING END!!!!

Now that that is out of the way.

JSSN DBS and Mrftw!!!

U guys wanna play warcraft later??? O and my phone is off...

N Masta Ballistics!!!

Wen U and Kyle gonna B playin???

Edit: Pardon my language and spelling errors...

shoshone

Smash Ace
this is an idea, i love this melee vs brawl.. it makes me smile everytime everyone says something about it...

lets think about it for a minute..

If you were super good at both games and you were 100% sure u were gona take 1st place but u could only chose one game to play at that tournament and the amount of people who signed in for both games are equal... remember you have 100% potential to beat everyone......... which game would you chose to play?

My answer to my own question will be:

Melee because during finals.. people gather up and watch all the matches because everyone is super hyped.... and u see people enjoying the match. It dont know i guess its just me .. i like that feeling of watching a crazy match ... or being able to pull of a combo that made people go: "WOOOOw"

Not like brawl... people usually get eliminated and leave.. people watching grand finals are not that many..... cuz its not that crazy of a match. And everyone is usually grumpy while playing that game, everyone johns because of why they lost and how they lost, or who they lost to...and that they are better than the other one.

But when i get wrecked in mellee, i feel like.. holy **** man you are freaking good.. props to u.. that was really tight.

That is my input.. i love both games .. i love smash itself... i can play both games, and im chosing to get better at mellee because of the reasons i just gave up there... i want people to be like... "**** nice combos" "really sick matches" .. not like....... "omg that was gaY" "how did that work" "wtf" "what just happened?" "camp more" "dont worry bout it, he just camped"

and my favorite one: "i dont know what happened man, i lost 2 a srub" i know what happened. But i wont say it cuz people will be ofended by the coinflip idea of the game.

I LOVE BRAWL , and I love melee . . . . but deep inside i know melee is a better game . . .and i will enjoy it more once i learn how to play it. =)

I think Jason just loves the across the stage, off the stage, flying C. Flacon knee as the ultimate edgeguard in doubles. :laugh:

SlitThroat1010

Smash Journeyman
lol @ AWAL pitching more to the melee vs brawl discussion that everyone else in this thread combined. AWAL, why not be the change you seek in others?

Speaking of 'x vs y' discussions, tomatoes or :metaknight:?

KBM

Smash Ace
Waking up at 5pm has wrecked my Saturday.

**** allnighters, although it was maaaad fun
scrub. l2be a man

i woke up at 11. 4 hours of sleep is pro hours of sleep.

and Nick, you did exactly what Mike was talking about.

super wall of text CRITICAL HIT ANNIHILATION

The Sex Puma

Smash Lord
CUZ IT'S THE STUPIDEST ****ING ARGUEMENT THAT EVER HIT THE ****ING BOARDS SINCE IT ****ING STARTED!!!

ITS 1 THING TO BE IN AN ARGUMENT AND SAY THAT BRAWK IS BETTER THAN MELEE.

BUT NO MATTER WHAT THE ****ING CONVERSATION IS ABOUT, AS LONG AS ITS PERTAINING TO BRAWL, MELEE PLAYERS JUST HAVE TO COME IN OUT OF KNOWHERE AND GO "BRAWL IS GAY, PLAY MELEE CAUSE IT'S BETTER" OR "LOL @ BRAWL TAKING SKILL".

THAT PEOPLE THAT DO THIS NEED TO GO BUY A PACK OF PENCILS AND START SHARPEN THEM ALL AND SHOVE PENCILS UP THEIR RECTUMS UNTIL THEY FIND SOMETHING BETTER TO DO THAN HATING ON A GAME THAT PEOPLE ENJOY.

IMAGINE THIS...

LET'S SAY THAT I DON'T LIKE A NICE LOOKING BUTT ON GIRLS(4 THE RECORD, I'M INFATUATED W/ FEMALE BUTTS)

U AND SOME1 ELSE COULD BE TALKING ABOUT FEMALE BUTTS AND I'LL JUST COME IN OUT OF KNOWHERE AND B LIKE "BUTTS ARE FOR ******S, GO FOR **** CAUSE THEY ARE MORE FUN TO GRAB" OR "LOL @ FEELING ON FEMALE BUTTS"

THATS HOW IT IS ON LIKE, ****ING **** NEAR 3 OUT OF 5 THREADS ON THE BOARDS.

i MEAN ****ING SERIOUSLY, IT'S ANNOYING AND ALL THAT HAPPENS IS THAT PEOPLE END UP ARGUING OVER WHICH GAME IS BETTER WHEN IN THE END

3 TRUTHS

1.)BRAWL HAS A BIGGER SCENE RIGHT NOW
2.)MELEE IS TRYING TO MAKE A COMEBACK
3.)PEOPLE THAT WASTE TIME ARGUING WHICH IS BETTER ARE ****ING IDIOTS, NO MATER WHICH SIDE UR ON THE ARGUMENT IS NEVER GOING TO END.

JASSON, @ UR QUESTION I'D SAY I'D PLAY BRAWL OVER MELEE TOURNEY KNOWING I COULD WIN 100%

(BUT U KNO I'D CHOOSE :sonic: > PRACTICALLY ANYTHING ELSE)

Plus, that is why PHS has both Melee and Brawl running @ different times so that i can play both.

I'M SORRY FOR BEING RUDE, BUT THERE IS NO POINT IN THIS ARGUING. WHAT GOOD IS IT GONNA DO? WHAT IS IT GONNA SOLVE? IF U WANT TO BRING MORE PEOPLE TO PLAY THE SAME GAME UR PLAYIN THEN INVITE THEM TO TRY AND PLAY IT. DON'T JUST GO OUT AND BASH THE GAME THAT THEY PLAY.

ALSO, COMMENTS LIKE...

THERE'S NO MK IN MELEE :-) "LOL" ARE FINE.

BUT THIS ARGUING IS POINTLESS AND IT NEEDS TO STOP CUZ ALL IT'S DOING IS CAUSING RANDOM DISCUSSIONS WHATSOEVER.

ALSO, THERE IS NO POINT IN DISCUSSING WHICH GAME IS BETTER MRFTW. HENCE WHY I WROTE WHAT I WROTE ON THE WALL. IF U WANNA WASTE UR TIME AND TRY TO ARGUE WHIC GAME IS BETTER THEN JOIN ONE OF THE INFINITE TTHREAD MADE FOR IT OR BETTER YET MAKE 1 URSELF AND SEE HOW POINTLESS IT REALLY IS BY NOTICING HOW THE CONVERSATION WILL NEVER ****ING END!!!!
I.... just... cannot stop laffing. I love you so much right now.

SlitThroat1010

Smash Journeyman
I say tomatoes due to their ability to squirt at you when you are not careful. Of course, metaknight does make a good portable fan...this truly is a tough decision.

rice

Smash Journeyman
Hey ruse, next time we meet up. Ill play you, you can use marth/fox/falco/sheik against my pichu in melee.
Then when we play brawl, i can use MK, and you can use the lowest tier character. How does that sound? :)

SlitThroat1010

Smash Journeyman
Those matches must be filmed! :p If I quit brawl after metaknight gets banned, it wouldn't be because I cannot use metaknight, but because I would have lost faith in the brawl community.

Jssn

Smash Journeyman
So im working that Saturday we were gona go to p.cola .. AND that is probably my last day in tallahassee as well...

I cant go to p.cola anymore.

B_AWAL

Smash Master
Except when you go Fox.

Speaking of which...

:marth::fox::shiek::falco:
Don't pick gay stages and I won't counter U w/ Fox and play gay :psycho:

Besides

I'm a pure Sonic main from now on...

THAT was reason number 5 that I am now

and in Melee I can Use Luigi and do pretty well against all those chars...

Also, this guy I'm about to address next (Slit) is pretty good with several chars(Ike, Marth and Wario)

lol @ AWAL pitching more to the melee vs brawl discussion that everyone else in this thread combined. AWAL, why not be the change you seek in others?

Speaking of 'x vs y' discussions, tomatoes or :metaknight:?
Groc I luv ya 2 death dude but sometimes U need 2 learn wen to stfu...

j/k, but...

I mean SERIOUSLY ur OFTEN MISINTERPRETING THE MESSAGE :laugh:

I am the change that I seek in others. I haven't wasted my time arguing about which game is better EVER. Answering Jssn's question was the about the only time I've said anything to any1 on teh boards about the random unnecessary war. In a thread that I can call home. I'd rather not have that **** going on here. N the last thing I needed was for it to continue.

Nick, you did exactly what Mike was talking about.

super wall of text CRITICAL HIT ANNIHILATION
was that SO bad??? :urg:

JASSON DON'T LEAVE ME!!!

Ballistics

Smash Champion
I didnt read ur post cause it was in caps and hurt my eyes nick, does caps mean ur yelling? Im confused..

also brawl is homo

melee is gay because of edgeguarding and hit stun, who needs that

64 smash is the best, im undefeated in tally

yo me n kyle playing right now hit me up 9543042152

Ruse

Fox
MK is a lot more broken than the top tier characters from Melee.

But not by too much.

I don't see why banning him would discourage you from playing, Slit. It's really lame that there's a character with no bad match-ups or stages. I'm maining him from now until he gets banned and alting ROB just because he's so d*** broken. Sure, he's fun, but having him in competitive play is lame.

Top Bottom