• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Assuming Kira went ROB on Z and maybe pit on sk92. ROB is a hard mu for pika and pit vs falco isn't that bad. Idk how ROB vs falco is, but I'm 75% sure he went ROB on Z. Still if he beat one of those guys with Pit, I have some catching up to do.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
You mean therefore the gap is that much more wide, then, Luck? We all work to do. I don't know, but I feel Kira is much better with his ROB. But his Pit is levels byond what mine is capable of atm far as aggro style and certain matchups go. I'd go as far to say that he'd beat a high level meta knight before I can, just because he can aggro the eff outta people, and camping mk just doesn't work.

Anyways I'll be thinking of putting some changes in during the week if classes allow. Spring break is over and I still never did put my matchup chart write ups for pit yet.

So many suggestions over the past few pages, might be handy if someone was to compile said suggestions, otherwise I'll have some work to do when I get done with classes.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Kira generally alternates between Pit and Rob almost equally (his pit a bit more)

But his R.O.B is basically as good as his Pit (Which is really good)

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
I didn't get to record everything, one of my capture cards was broken so I could only record one setup.

His set with Z was:
Pit vs Fox (win)
Pit vs Fox (loss)
ROB vs Fox (win)
(Z went exclusively Fox for this monthly)

His set with SK92 was (I think):
Pit vs Falco (win)
Pit vs Falco (win)
Pit vs Meta Knight (loss)
ROB vs Meta Knight (win)

didn't get to see the others, but I think I recorded his sets against Lycan, FOW, and SK92.

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
So I took a look at some of Twinx's results and compared them to mine, and here's generally what I found (A-Bracket implies pro bracket (i.e. making it out of pools) and B-Bracket implies amateur bracket (i.e. not making it out of pools):

Twinx's Results

Overall Placing: 5th/24
A-Bracket Placing: 5th/8
Characters Used: :nessbrawl: :olimarbrawl: :icsbrawl:

Overall Placing: 6th/14
B-Bracket Placing: 2nd/10
Characters Used: :nessbrawl:

Overall Placing: 27th/43
B-Bracket Placing: 5th/11
Characters Used: Unknown

Overall Placing: 4th/20
A-Bracket Placing: 4th/8
Characters Used: :nessbrawl: :icsbrawl:

Overall Placing: 4th/18
A-Bracket Placing: 4th/4
Characters Used: :nessbrawl: :metaknightbrawl:

Overall Placing: 26th/48
B-Bracket Placing: 1st/11
Characters Used: :nessbrawl:

Twinx has also had about 7 PR wins in the last 5-6 tournies (though I'm unsure with which characters all of these came about).

My own results

Now we usually don't run pools, and even when we do, there's no amateur bracket, so I'm just going to list my recent placings (thanks to V for the list). I use only Ness in tournies, no secondaries lol:

Overall Placing: 9th/26

Overall Placing: 9th/27

Overall Placing: 17th/37

Overall Placing: 13th/44

Overall Placing: 5th/16

Overall Placing: 9th/24

Overall Placing: 9th/39

I've had ~4 PR wins in the last 5-6 tournies (all Ness, like in tourney).

Looking at these stats, I typically place (on average) in the top 33.6% of my tournies and Twinx in the top 37.1% of his, but Twinx does have a few more PR wins (though I don't know how many were with Ness specifically). Also, looking at Twinx's results, the tournies where he placed better were the ones where he used secondaries, and there's nothing wrong with that, secondaries are a really good idea to have, but if someone's doing better because of their secondaries as opposed to purely their main, that should push them up on their region's PR (gratz on 6th btw Twinx, love seein :nessbrawl:s on the PR :)), but not on a top 5 character list as that doesn't show as much skill and dedication with that specific character.

That said, I defs think Twinx does deserve a top 5 spot, he's a really solid player with good results. Were it not for 3 of the 6 tournies he attended having secondary use and those being his better tournies, I would defs say put him above me at #4, but given everything I've looked at I'm really not sure whether #4 or #5 would be more appropriate. If I had to choose, I would say #5 given everything, but there could easily be things I'm missing or different opinions out there, so feel free to speak up if there are any problems as this is only my take on things ;)

Oh and in regards to Coney, we looked at him for Top 5 Ness, and the only thing holding him back is lack of tourney results/usage. He even admitted himself that he doesn't use Ness enough to justify being ranked, though he did state (and I personally agree) that he could probably be Top 5 if he used him more often.

Anyways, that's my two cents on the Ness list, and I honestly don't follow any other chars enough to have a justifiable opinion anywhere else lmao.

N3xU5

Smash Apprentice
Kiraflax has beaten mikehaze with rob in a socal loca, doesnt that along with z and sk for sure put him as best rob. This isnt his first good rob wins at all. People just dont know. Btw im salty that my spot for 5th tl wasnt considered, i have beaten kiraflax in tournament before lo. in fact im 1-0 with him. Eh it aint no thang. Ill just go get ranked in socal and than theres no possible way yall can say pj>me lawl

also red x twinx goes almost all ness in tournament. especially al state. whenever he uses 2ndaries he usually loses as well. Not to mention iirc none of his PR wins are with a 2ndary

N3xU5

Smash Apprentice
wow. You have a solid win? Congrats. Let me know when you have double digit solid wins.
roller if you look back at my previous posts i posted all my wins. Ill post them again though if youd like.
kiraflax, lycan, razmakazi, logic, vato break. Twinx. Arty. DarkLink, Paper. Maybe a few other notable socal players i cant remember
I think most of those are pretty solid. I dont really care anymore but the fact that everybody ignored my claim is vaguely annoying. Eh its whatever though im not really good enough quite yet that i should care what people think of my skills

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
I didn't get to record everything, one of my capture cards was broken so I could only record one setup.

His set with Z was:
Pit vs Fox (win)
Pit vs Fox (loss)
ROB vs Fox (win)
(Z went exclusively Fox for this monthly)

His set with SK92 was (I think):
Pit vs Falco (win)
Pit vs Falco (win)
ROB vs Meta Knight (win)

didn't get to see the others, but I think I recorded his sets against Lycan, FOW, and SK92.
Against Z:
Pit vs Fox (win)
Pit vs Fox (loss)
ROB vs Fox (win)

Against SK92
ROB vs Falco (win)
ROB vs Falco (win)
Pit vs Meta Knight (win)

Against FOW in winners semis I got 3-0ed against hist metaknight.

Against Fow in Grand finals
ROB vs. Falco (loss)
Pit vs. Falco (loss)
Pit vs. Falco (win)
Pit vs. Falco (loss)

After wards Z MM me with his pikachu

ROB vs. Pikachu (loss)
ROB vs. Pikachu (win)
ROB vs. Pikachu (win)

I was a happy little black person after this tourney.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
I'm a happy little white person!... Wait, somehow this doesn't sound right.

Anyways congrats to ya, you're more than likely to move up to 1st.

roller if you look back at my previous posts i posted all my wins. Ill post them again though if youd like.
kiraflax, lycan, razmakazi, logic, vato break. Twinx. Arty. DarkLink, Paper. Maybe a few other notable socal players i cant remember
I think most of those are pretty solid. I dont really care anymore but the fact that everybody ignored my claim is vaguely annoying. Eh its whatever though im not really good enough quite yet that i should care what people think of my skills
Even if you are that good, you don't really need to care, let other people talk for you. I'll keep an eye on ya.

Kuro~

Nitoryu Kuro
Against Z:
Pit vs Fox (win)
Pit vs Fox (loss)
ROB vs Fox (win)

Against SK92
ROB vs Falco (win)
ROB vs Falco (win)
Pit vs Meta Knight (win)

Against FOW in winners semis I got 3-0ed against hist metaknight.

Against Fow in Grand finals
ROB vs. Falco (loss)
Pit vs. Falco (loss)
Pit vs. Falco (win)
Pit vs. Falco (loss)

After wards Z MM me with his pikachu

ROB vs. Pikachu (loss)
ROB vs. Pikachu (win)
ROB vs. Pikachu (win)

How many of these were on the recording setup? Obv grandfinals would be...

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
His sets against FOW (both of them), his set against Lycan, and his set against SK92 were on the recording setup, I think.

twinx

Smash Cadet
@ red-x
i go secondaries to fool around. the only people i go ic's against are the randoms(which is very rare) or sk92,which i have only done once.
but im content with 5th

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
Recorded ones was my set against FOW, SK92, Lycan, and Xero.

Also remember Nexus what i told you before.

Your not focused on the right thing right now.

also advice for you nexus. it doesnt matter about this top 5 thing all you need to be focused on is getting better and proving to nay sayers that you are worthy to be on there. (even though its hella dumb that im not even considered top 3 robs in U.S. {should be top 2 straight up}) I just gotta get good wins and prove without a doubt that im way better than what they think.
Not too long ago i said this.

everyone should basically take kira's advice
this man has the right attitude, I think his ROB may very well be better than his Pit but he doesnt prove it in bracket quite yet, just in some matches I've watched before. He's damn amazing with the robot.

Kira, you do well at the next tourney with ROB, and the most I'll drop you down to is 3 for Pit. You can be top 2 ROB if you win a tourney / beat some good names soon :)

And I'm not really meaning to drop you for pit actually unless I actually do some work XD!!

^^^^^^for example^^^^^^ another guy im just gunna have to prove to that im the best with both of these characters. very soon it will be no doubt in everyones mind. cocky mind set but it works best for your progression.
So I made a goal to go to las vegas and do my very best by using mosly ROB that tourney to prove I was the best rob. I could not argue and say I was the best without doing this it would have been a waste of my typing time. So then.........

I'm a happy little white person!... Wait, somehow this doesn't sound right.

Anyways congrats to ya, you're more than likely to move up to 1st.

This whole past week situation is perfect for you nexus and all the others. if you say your better or good and you havnt proven to that person yet. talking about your performance and wins wount help you in that it will acctually hurt your rep and people will think a lot worse about your skill lvl.

Even if you are that good, you don't really need to care, let other people talk for you. I'll keep an eye on ya.
^^^^^^^Perfect advice for this situation ^^^^^^^^

Now Nexus understand that you need to not try to convince people by words and by actions. so If I see you doing it again............ it just shows me you havnt listened to what I said and your still hurting your own rep. And It will saden me because I know your a cool guy which a lot of people dont know about you. and I want to see you prosper in your goal to become a lot better and even the best if thats what you seek. Strive and be focus on you and improveing yourself and stop focusing on what other say about you cause it will make you get better at a slower rate. Make a small goal one after another. Just know that If you do this the way that I have said the rep, the top 5, and the hot girls will come to you.

Roller

Smash Legend
Who said you weren't being serious? If anything my post only served to amplify the seriousness of what you said.

I paraphrased it in a significantly more caustic vernacular, but the message is the same.

Stop worrying about your rank on this silly little thread; keep focused on goals that are more clearly defined and actually mean something. The rest will come.

In the short term, this sentiment with regards to Nexus' activity within this thread calls for him to stop his *****ing.

You're welcome for the backup.

TheSaintKai

Smash Ace
Who said you weren't being serious? If anything my post only served to amplify the seriousness of what you said.

I paraphrased it in a significantly more caustic vernacular, but the message is the same.

Stop worrying about your rank on this silly little thread; keep focused on goals that are more clearly defined and actually mean something. The rest will come.

In the short term, this sentiment with regards to Nexus' activity within this thread calls for him to stop his *****ing.

You're welcome for the backup.
Roller for pres
10elections

KiraFlax

Smash Lord
At first roller it seemed like you were trying to say the point of me saying all of it was to get nexus to stop talking/ annoying people or what not.

Roller

Smash Legend
...That IS what you asked him to do. Or have you already forgotten?

Sure, you gave reasons as to why he should stop, and what he should be doing instead. But at the end of the day...

Now Nexus understand that you need to not try to convince people by words and by actions. so If I see you doing it again............ it just shows me you havnt listened to what I said and your still hurting your own rep.

stop *****ing
potaeto potahto

DeLux

Player that used to be Lux
Let's get back on the actual topic of the thread so I don't have to re-enter crack down mode please

T0MMY

Smash Master
I only play locally during the winter, so I could see where I could move down from inactivity.
I keep hearing people say I quit, just to put it out there: Never going to quit playing Smash.
There's some good Oregon/WA Smashers, but no one outside my region.
Some info on what I've been up to lately to dispel the rumors:

February 2012: Big City Gamin'
Defeated Jordan (unranked; Toon Link) 2-0
Defeated Phil Nye the Science Guy (ranked 10th; Sheik/Lucario) 2-0
Defeated Pwneroni (ranked 4th; Wario) 2-1
Defeated Brick (ranked 3rd; Pikachu) 3-0
Defeated Brick (Pikachu 3-0)
Overall placing: 1/25

March 2012: Big City Gamin' 2
Defeated Jedi Noah (ranked 9th; Meta Knight) 2-0
Lost to Jonix (ranked 6th; Snake) 1-2
Defeated Tasty (unranked; Olimar) 2-0
Defeated t1mmy (Ranked 5th; Meta Knight) 2-1
Defeated Jonix (Snake) 3-0
Defeated Seto Kaiba (Ranked 2nd; Meta Knight) 3-1
Defeated Seto Kaiba (Meta Knight/Mach Tornado) 3-2
Overall placing: 1/25

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Im lookin at your wins against Pwn, Brick, and t1mmy, those are pretty sufficient wins to put you in "active" and still "good"...

Overall, if anything, I'd like to know if Holy still doin work as well. :)

I think the list will be at LEAST

Holy, Kira, t0mmy *stinger/chibo*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom