• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

SFA Smiley

The SFA King
Stevo (KiraFlax's brother) is a pure Mario/DK that places well in AZ. Just sayin'

He goes purely DK and Mario through the good and bad matchups and he's beaten Silly Kyle and Kira in tourney (and both in the same tourney even)

Patches

Smash Master
Can we use Kira as a good win though? You'd assume they'd play a lot since they're brothers, and would know each others play style extremely well.

:phone:

KageMurphy

Smash Master
will
cable
Nairo
Neon
Esam

there you go, no other DK actually gets notable results at all
Cable hasn't done anything in forever, Nairo should be second easily.
Can we use Kira as a good win though? You'd assume they'd play a lot since they're brothers, and would know each others play style extremely well.

So? A solid win is a solid win, don't try and devalue it because their brothers.

:017:

mikeray4

Smash Ace
Teevee should be a top wario. He's placed in money multiple times within the last 3 weeks.

Cassio

Smash Master
I think having multiple characters is fine. Krys has done a good job of making sure people havent jumped on just because they used them at one or two tournaments against his good MUs.

Also based on the lists Stevos mario is top 5 worthy but im not sure about is DK, but thats mostly because DKs is more competitive. I think ESAM won a tournament in NC with DK once too.

archer.

Smash Lord
About that NC tournament: ESAM, as far as I know, only went DK in 2 games of grand finals, both of which he won vs. Kadaj's MK. Other than that I don't think he went DK at all.

Zano

Smash Master
NNID
DuelistZano
Penta won a local tourney in NY today. Idk who notable was in attendance besides J-tails, but he beat him twice.

It was MK legal btw

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party
If Cable is considered too inactive to be on the top 5 list for DK, Mar1 would likely make a good addition.

:059:

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
he even stated himself that his only notable win was Jtails twice lol

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
He isn't an actual character, though. He is backair and airdodge reads to F-smash. That's about it.

But yeah, I'm definitely top 5 DK/Samus. I won Grand FInals of an NC tournament with straight Samus (Although that doesn't say much because it was Sushi Man, but Xyro can back me up, and I also won low tier doubles with Poltergust at WHOBO3)

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
What the......
It specifically said "Mid tier event" in the ruleset lol, we went over that at HOBO.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
BEFORE
gw: vinnie/penta/alph/utd/gimr
marth: mike/neo/kadaj/zex/killock
ics: vinnie/esam/lain/smoom/deluxy
lucar: trela/june/fonz/pitb/dd
ddd: coney/zek/4god/atomsk/co18
zss: riddle/salem/drn/dakpo/ybm
falco: dehf/shugo/sk92/bloodcross/kismet
rob: holy/tommy/stingers/kira/chibo
tl: mjg/kingtoon/kerm/jash/pj
dk: will/dgramp/cable/ripple/ook
ness: fow/shaky/vicegrip/redx/rockmix

AFTER
gw: vinnie/penta/alph/utd/patches
marth: mike/kadaj/killock/minty/neo
ics: vinnie/esam/smoom/delux/roller
lucar: trela/pibull/john12346/junebug/jamesG
ddd: coney/4god/zekey/atomsk/addy
zss: riddle/salem/drn/dakpo/ybm
falco: dehf/shugo/pelca/bloodcross/sk92
rob: holy/kiraflax/chibo/t0mmy/stingers
tl: mjg/jash/PJ/Kingtoon/Jerm
dk: will/nairo/cable/dgramps/ripple
ness: fow/shaky/vicegrip/twinx/Redx

Relevant Posts:
(also, post your thoughts about the changes. Going into effect tonight hopefully)
Game and Watch Post: :gw:

Penta won a local tourney in NY today. Idk who notable was in attendance besides J-tails, but he beat him twice.

It was MK legal btw

Marth Post :marth:

:popo:

1. Vinnie
2. FreEsam
3. lain
4. Smoom77
5. DEHF / Roller
Saint, me, you, & Chthreethreesthree all have better ICs than DEHF, imo. (I may be forgetting someone else as well) Not that his are bad by any means.

Yours are still better than the rest of ours though.

Also, it might be appropriate to consider removing Lain. He has not done anything close to impressive in over 6 months. His only notable performance was like 5th or something at REVENGE. And there he lost to a fox player (who isn't even listed in the top 5 ;))...

Apex is the only tourney he's entered this year, and his round 1 pool did not have a single player whose name I recognized. His 2nd he didn't make it out of.

Last tourney he was at before APEX he went more MK, and the times I saw him go ICs he lost to Zinoto, and Sparta Kick. It should be further noted that my ICs double 2 stocked SK in that same tournament.

He does not have access to a wii and has not been to a smashfest since mid summer. You could count the number of times he's played since August on a single hand. He's rusty with his ICs at best, his cgs less consistent than my grandmother's bowels, and uses mk more times than not.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy and he's taught me much of what I know. But when he switches mains, doesn't practice, under performs, and then doesn't show up at all. It may be time to consider his reign at an end.
Roller, why do you hate me? :(

I don't think I'd agree with dropping lain yet, but you know MI better than we do.

1. Vinnie
2. FreEsam
3. Smoom77
4. Cheese/DEHF/Roller/Saint
5. Cheese/DEHF/Roller/Saint

???

I also hear Dojo is getting pretty good with ICs. Elv8 is ranked 2 on Bama's PR as well.
Lux, I leave it to you. Lain has been both inactive and maining another character longer than you have. So the way I see it, you can't take yourself off and leave him on.

Have fun choosing what to do with that. lol

I'd vote to just leave both of you up there for the next month or 2 though. You've still been using them to some success recently enough.

I really don't know how elev8 does better over there than Saint... Saint seems better to me. I'm sure Dojo is close, but tbh I haven't seen ANY vids of his ICs. Do you know of any? He also has 2-4 characters listed by his name for any given tournament. So I have no idea who he's actually used them against.
WOAH wtf.
I am not a contender for top 5 Ice Climbers by any means. Everyone chill, lol.

1. Vinnie
2. ESAM (FreESAM wtv Idc)
3. Smoom/DeLux
4. Smoom/DeLux (whichever isn't 3)
5. Roller
6. Cheese/elev8/Dojo/DEHF
7. Cheese/elev8/Dojo/DEHF
8. ^
9. ^
10. This is about where I am, IMO.

Edit: I am leaving inactive people off. (Hylian and Lain) Even though I'm pretty inactive myself, mainly due to work. I think I might tell my boss to shove it soon though. Depends on if I can find another job.
Lucario Post: :lucario:

John#s isn't on the top 5 list?

Woops, he should be on there, at least over DD since he is more active than DD and has been performing better,
Yeah, I've loved the story for a while now, and I saw some clips of it from a documentary about Bruce Lee, oddly enough, back when Monkey: Journey to the West was still a work in progress. It's a pretty unique spin and retelling of it.

Imo, the lucario list should be something like:

1: Trela
2: depends on if you want to bunk off Junebug for not being in the scene since December. I'd give him the benefit of the doubt, beating M2K and his wins within the year are pretty good. Otherwise, I'd put pitbull there
3: Pitbull by default should be here, if not, D Disciple
4: John12346/D. Disciple/JamesG
5: John12346/D. Disciple/JamesG

So with Junebug, it'd be
1st: Trela
2nd: Junebug
3rd: Pitbull
4th: D. Disciple
5th: John12346

imo, after seeing James G play, he's allllmost there, but John did some damage at a recent tournament (beating Nicole, Ninjalink, and getting 2nd iirc), and James G's playstyle seems a little more rough around the edges (although John also feels a bit clunky in playstyle, he seems to limit his options at times to almost habitual options)
I was wondering why I haven't seen anything in awhile.

Well, in that case, it would be something like:

Trela
Junebug
Pitbull
John12346
JamesG

Dedede Post: :dedede:

I think the list for DDD needs to be fixed the most.

1.) Atomsk should be like 2nd or 3rd. He goes mostly DDD at MK banned tourneys and does very well with him. Recent results are probably easy to find, Smashachussets is the most recent one I think.
2.) Zekey is the 2nd best DDD in the USA? First of all his results / wins are nowhere near as good as those of 4GOD and second he uses Diddy now. He's good enough for top 5 but 2nd is a huge stretch. Right now, he is NOT better than 4GOD and Atomsk.
3.) 4GOD as 3rd is justified but not below Zekey.
4.) Addy is the strongest DDD in a highly competent region and should be on the top 5 for sure.
5.) Lee Martin still wins regional tourneys and he uses DDD with or without MK banned. He probably should be taken into consideration
6.) CO18 =/= active; hasn't been for a long time

1st Coney
2nd Atomsk
3rd 4GOD / Addy
4th 4GOD / Addy
5th Zekey / [Lee Martin]

That's a DDD list I could approve of. Or you could switch Atomsk's and Zekey's places on the current list and replace CO18 with Addy or something.

4god should be above atomsk IMO, zekey should still be above lee martin. Lee martin doesn't win regionals, he wins locals with like 1 or 2 good notable players there and he doesn't even use full DDD
Zekey RARELY goes Diddy. He only uses him very early on to practice him.

As for Lee, he only uses D3 against JNig if MK is banned.

Zekey def uses diddy for certain MUs. He already said 4God should be ahead of him now.
The reason why I'm reluctant to have 4GOD as #2 above Atomsk is because while he has some big wins that'd justfiy his position as top 3 DDD he doesn't actually have a winning record against the good players from his region as far as I'm aware. He's either even with or slightly loses to P1, Reflex and the people he consistently beats such as Micaelis or McPee aren't as good as the people Atomsk beats. It's a tough call I admit but I'm leaning towards Atomsk as #2 DDD for that reason.

Edit: You may actually be right. The biggest tourney Atomsk used DDD at doesn't even have a bracket image in the result thread -.-

4god has a winning record over kismet and I think him vs reflex is at 3-2 reflex's favor or dead even
1)Coney
2)Atomsk
3)4GOD
4)ZEKEY
5)Lee Martin

imo.

EDIT:

Also, for DK

1)Will
2)Nairo
3)Cable
4)ESAM
5)Dr. Grandpa

Because half of his wins aren't D3, they are MK or whatever other character he uses. Coney and 4god solely use D3 even against Olimars, Falcos, Pikachus, ICs and the rest (4god beat my ICs in a game the last time we played in tournament....scary ****)

ZSS post: :zerosuitsamus:

Just for the record guys, if it helps you debate mine or V115's positions. He's now 3rd, and I'm now 5th on our PR.

Haha thanks guys.

I suppose now would be a good time to put together my results to see if I can make top 5 on the ZSS list.
Showdown in Downtown 3 - August 20, 2011 - 7th/26
Showdown in Downtown 4 - September 17th, 2011 - 5th/27
No Bull**** II: Pepto Mismol - October 1st, 2011 - 9th/37
Warlocks' Domain 1 - October 22nd, 2011 - 1st/16
Showdown in Downtown 5 - November 26th, 2011 - 7th/44
Revival of Salt - February 4th, 2012 - 17th/56 (pretty sure it's 56, unless I miscounted the pools)
Showdown in Downtown 6 - March 10th, 2012 - 3/39

As you can see, I haven't gotten worse than 9th since August 2011, with the exception of ONE tournament, which was RoS (that regional where Patches beat Nicole.)
At SiD4 (my 5th tourney ever), I got 2-0'd by Ally's Snake, but 2nd game was last-stock-last-hit. I think that's pretty good for my 5th tourney ever, but it's still a 2-0, so...take that as you will. You can watch the set here.
At SiD5, I took a game off of Ally's Lucario (but I lost the set). I know it's his Lucario, but he did 3-1 his brother (Holy)'s ROB with it in GFs, so...take that as you will. You can watch the set here.
At RoS, I beat Logic's Olimar 2-1 in a $2 MM. Didn't get recorded. I know it's only $2, so again, take that as you will XD.
At SiD6 (2 days ago) I took a game off of Ally's Snake in Winners' and almost(ish) won the set.

After SiD4, I was bumped up to #9 on the Southern Ontario Power Rankings. After SiD5, I was bumped up to #4 on the PR (where I currently am, though there may be an update after yesterday's tourney, I dunno). I've beaten a lot of people on the PR and I'll provide those specific victories if you want, Krystedez.

I'm aware a lot of the results are from tournies with low attendance and I haven't really taken any 'big names', but I have absolutely no idea what YbM's results are like. I don't even know if he's active, or if he still plays ZSS. If someone were to show me that his recent results are more impressive than mine, then it's cool, just keep him there. That just means I have to keep performing well and start travelling ;)

To be clear, I'm fighting for 5th on the ZSS list. I know NR, Salem, DRN and Dakpo are better than me, and they deserve to be above me (for now).

There you go Krystedez. Now time to go to school.

Falco post :falco:

so......what are the credentials for first best falco?
Not jumping on the Pelca bandwagon after a few good wins, if he keeps it consistent for a few months then we have a case for the #2 spot changing but Larry n Shugo have solidified themselves heavily.

You can look at apex alone really. Shugo also has done really well recently, I would say him/pelca are debatable for 2nd.
because hes beaten fatal, malcolm, dabuz, jbands ICE CLIMBERS (who beat shugo), bloodcross, bizkit, and more those are just the ones i know off the top of the head from the last few weeks

Rob post: :rob:

kiraflax should be above above stingers and and t0mmy... he got 2nd at a vegas monthly :)
I only play locally during the winter, so I could see where I could move down from inactivity.
I keep hearing people say I quit, just to put it out there: Never going to quit playing Smash.
There's some good Oregon/WA Smashers, but no one outside my region.
Some info on what I've been up to lately to dispel the rumors:

February 2012: Big City Gamin'
Defeated Jordan (unranked; Toon Link) 2-0
Defeated Phil Nye the Science Guy (ranked 10th; Sheik/Lucario) 2-0
Defeated Pwneroni (ranked 4th; Wario) 2-1
Defeated Brick (ranked 3rd; Pikachu) 3-0
Defeated Brick (Pikachu 3-0)
Overall placing: 1/25

March 2012: Big City Gamin' 2
Defeated Jedi Noah (ranked 9th; Meta Knight) 2-0
Lost to Jonix (ranked 6th; Snake) 1-2
Defeated Tasty (unranked; Olimar) 2-0
Defeated t1mmy (Ranked 5th; Meta Knight) 2-1
Defeated Jonix (Snake) 3-0
Defeated Seto Kaiba (Ranked 2nd; Meta Knight) 3-1
Defeated Seto Kaiba (Meta Knight/Mach Tornado) 3-2
Overall placing: 1/25

We all know. Number 2 or 1 for Kira.
Im lookin at your wins against Pwn, Brick, and t1mmy, those are pretty sufficient wins to put you in "active" and still "good"...

Overall, if anything, I'd like to know if Holy still doin work as well. :)

I think the list will be at LEAST

Holy, Kira, t0mmy *stinger/chibo*
Chibo has wins on Deltacod and Will from his last 2 events, I'd have him as 3rd ROB at the worse.

Pit post: :pit:

What pits? (plays Kid Icarus)

Toon Link Post: :toonlink:

Honestly, Gnes has the best Toonlink.. in my opinion.
Only because he's a smarter player and understands these extremely weird options.

Then it's MJG
Jash / Jerm,
PJ / Kingtoon.

MJG is a clear cut above the rest.
Jash and Jerm are basically in the same tier. Both amazing players but extremely inactive.
Kingtoon and PJ are near the same level and have equal accomplishments.

Yes, I think PJ should be moved up. He has solid wins and has done fairly well OoS (when he actually has gone OoS).

He's beaten Bloodcross, vVv Cheese, Denti, K Prime, me, Illmatic, Infern, ALSM, Infinity, King Beef, Dark Peach, Pwii and Stockfield.

I think he's earned his spot as #3 or #4 on the list.

Honestly, it should be

1. MJG (super deserves first)
2. Jash (he beat MikeHaze in pools at Apex but didn't get out among having other good results)
3. KT/PJ
4. KT/PJ
5. Jerm

The only reason why I'd put KT below PJ is because I beat him in a MM(2-1) at Apex and I'm 2-1 with PJ in tournament sets. Also, I don't really know KT's wins...

Jerm is definitely inactive though. He goes to tournaments every now and then, but is usually getting the same place or getting slightly outplaced by PJ.
Yea I'll vouch for my boy PJ. Give him that second or third spot.
My boy MJG def. deserves first.
I think all of the TLs above PJ have a more solid technique than PJ, and that PJ should remain where he is.
I would order them like this: MJG Jash Jerm/KT PJ
PJ is definitely better than Jerm.
Get outta here, Twink. :applejack:
Are u stupid?

PJ is easily on MJG's lvl.

The list should be something like...
MJG/PJ Jash Jerm Kingtoon.

Also Infern is going in strong in Texas. But he hasn't attended one of our regular tournaments in Houston(HOBO) yet where the snake killers reside. We'll see what happens then :)
Mhm.

Both players are really good, and pretty close in skill, but IMO Jerm is much more solid player, and has a more consistent playstyle.

I agree with your list completely (minus the Gnes part :awesome:)

MJG
Jash/Jerm
PJ/KT

Donkey Kong Post: :dk2:

@roller
I think it should be:
2. Atomsk/4GOD
3. Atomsk/4GOD
atomsk really does use MK a decent amount tbh

Where/against who has ESAM used DK to be on the list at 4th?
Also how active is Dr. Grandpa now? If not at all I don't see why other DK mains can't make it on.

I could definitely see Nairo being 2nd best DK.

1. Will
2. Nairo
3. Cable
4. Dr. Grandpa
5. Ripple

A lot of these players are mostly inactive but no other DK's have any notable wins as of recent.
Depending on the level of activity we're going by the DK list could either be:

(average ranking since brawl's release, imo)

1. Will
2. Cable
3. Bum
4. Dr. Grandpa
5. Ook

or...

(placings from this year)

1. Will
2. Nairo
3. Ripple
4. Neon
5. mar1

I'm guessing we want something in the middle...
will
cable
Nairo
Neon
Esam

there you go, no other DK actually gets notable results at all

Ness Post: :ness2:

against fow's ness,i dont do to bad. i do pretty well against vice grip aswell,having have beaten him in a few money matches. and ive beaten YAZ from utah,if that counts as anything.

Singles (29 entrants)
1. FOW
2. SK92
3. Z
4. Xero
5. Lycan
5. ven
7. Hino
7. BoA7
9. Jose (Twinx)
9. LotM
9. Grek
9. Kinzer
13. Bacon
13. Joey
13. hei (aisight)
13. Ivan209
17. Zombe
17. Clario
17. Tails
17. Edger
17. Jake
17. Kyro
17. Taiga
17. Skunk
25. Brandon
25. Ozzy
25. David
25. Trog
25. Abraham

Amateur Brackets
1. Zombe
2. Trog
3. Twinx
4. Kinzer
5. Skunk
5. Tails
5. LotM
5. hei (aisight)
9. Jake
9. Abraham
9. Kitamerby
9. Ozzy
Doubles (10 teams)
1. FOW & SK92
2. Twinx & Zombe
3. ATK & Xero
4. Hino & LotM
5. BoA7 & aisight
5. Tails & Kinzer
7. smash royals
7. Trog & Ozzy
9. Beauty and the BEAST
9. Dr. Robotnik and a bunch of bunnies

Monthly #2 - 3/19/2011
Singles (19 entrants)
1. FOW
2. SK92
3. Z
4. Lycan
5. Marz
5. Jose (Twinx)
7. Skunk
7. Yaz
9. Hino
9. Kinzer
9. Xero
9. ven
13. Tails
13. Trog
13. deathbysuarez
13. Kitamerby
17. Anthony
17. Gangstakirby
17. TR (aisight)

Doubles (10 teams)
1. FOW & SK92
2. Threatlevel: Meta Knight
3. Yaz & Marz
4. skunkyness (Skunk & Twinx)
5. Hino & Kitamerby
5. Zombe & Lycan
7. Kinzer & Tails
7. Trog & Ozzy
9. deathbytrolling (deathbysuarez & Gangstakirby)

Monthly #3 - 4/10/2011
Singles (25 entrants)
1. FOW
2. SK92
3. Xero
4. Hino
5. Kokaloo
5. Twinx
7. TR (aisight)
7. ven
9. Zombe
9. Skunk
9. Ozzy
9. Trog
13. LotM
13. Lycan
13. Joey
13. Kinzer
17. Anthony
17. Tails
17. Eric
17. Ivan209
17. Taiga
17. Brandon
17. Jake
25. Kitamerby
25. Abraham

Amateur Brackets
1. Kinzer
2. Zombe
3. Kitamerby
4. Skunk
5. LotM
5. Tails
5. Brandon
5. Trog
9. Anthony
9. Oprmr
9. Ozzy
9. Joey

Doubles (8 teams)
1. FOW & SK92
2. Xero & Kokaloo
3. Zombe & Lycan
4. Fruit Bowl (Twinx & Skunk)
5. Kinzer & Tails
5. Ozzy & Trog
7. Kitamerby & Hino
7. Taiga & Oprmr

Vince Tournament Fundraiser - 5/15/2011
Singles (18 entrants)
1. SK92
2. FOW
3. Z
4. Kinzer
5. ven
5. Twinx
7. TR (aisight)
7. Wynn
9. Skunk
9. Hino
9. Zaz
9. LotM
13. Tails
13. Xero
13. Rey
13. Ricardo
17. Ivan209
17. Anthony

Doubles (6 teams)
1. FOW & SK92
2. ven & Twinx
3. Xero & Z
4. Team Kings
5. Kinzer & Hino
5. Ivan209 & Skunk

Monthly #4 - 6/25/2011
Singles (25 entrants)
1. FOW
2. Z
3. Kinzer
4. Kokaloo
5. ven
5. Xero
7. Zombe
7. Twinx
9. Skunk
9. Trog
9. Tails
9. Hino
13. ATK
13. Skootle
13. Peapo
13. Kyro
17. Zero
17. Scar
17. Jack
17. Victor
25. Afro

Smash in Nevada 3 - 8/23/2011
Singles (22 entrants)
1. FOW
2. SK92
3. Rich Brown
4. Swift (Brick)
5. Twinx
5. Asa
7. Kinzer/OmegaXF
7. Z
9. Lycan
9. Adrostos
9. Xero
9. Zombe
13. James (Hydra)
13. Southpaw
13. Hino
13. ven
17. deathbysuarez
17. Ivan209
17. Ozzy
17. Tails
17. Clario
17. Trog

Doubles (10 teams)
1. FOW & Rich Brown
2. Z & Brick
3. SK92 & LeoFTW
4. Twinx & Xero
5. Adrostos & Asa
5. Lycan & Zombe
7. Hino & Ven
7. Trog & Ozzy
9. deathbysuarez & Southpaw
9. Kinzer & aisight

Monthly #6 - 9/17/2011
Singles (12 entrants)
1. FOW
2. SK92
3. Z
4. ven
5. Hino
5. Xero
7. Kinzer
7. Twinx
9. Tails
9. Ivan209
9. Trog
9. EXO

Doubles (5 teams)
1. Z & Trog
2. FOW & SK92
3. Twinx & ven
4. Hino & LotM
5. Haydent Xoli

Monthly #7 - 10/15/2011
Singles (14 entrants)
A Brackets
1. FOW
2. Z
3. SK92
4. Twinx
B Brackets
1. BoA7
2. Hino
3. aisight
4. EXO
5. Kinzer
5. Clario
7. Nul
7. Rey
9. Xero
9. Ivan209

Doubles (6 teams)
1. FOW & aisight
2. SK92 & Xero
3. Twinx & BoA7
4. Kinzer & Hino
5. EXO & Nul
5. Z & Ivan209

Monthly #8 - 11/20/2011
Singles (20 entrants)
A Brackets
1. FOW
2. SK92
3. Xero
4. Twinx
5. Lycan
5. Z
7. ven
7. Kinzer
B Brackets
1. Hino
2. aisight
3. Clario
4. BoA7
5. Nul
5. Trog
7. EXO
7. Arvin
9. Adam
9. Ivan209
9. Jorge
9. OmegaXF

Doubles (8 teams)
1. Hino & FOW
2. Kinzer & Z
3. SK92 & Peapo
4. ven & BoA7
5. aisight & Twinx
5. Xero & Lycan
7. EXO & Nul
7. Trog & Ivan209

Monthly #9 - 12/26/2011
Singles (15 entrants)
A Brackets
1. SK92
2. Z
3. Lycan
4. hadesblade
B Brackets
1. FOW
2. Twinx
3. Xero
4. ven
5. Ozzy
5. Clario
7. ATK
7. Kinzer
9. Ivan
9. Hino
11. EXO

Doubles (6 teams)
1. FOW & hadesblade
2. Z & Lycan
3. SK92 & Hino
4. Xero & Kinzer
5. Ivan209 & Clario
5. ven & Twinx

Monthly #10 - 1/21/2012
Singles (25 entrants)
A Brackets
1. SK92
2. Lycan
3. ven
4. Z
5. BoA7
5. Twinx
7. Hino
7. Xero
B Brackets
1. Zombe
2. Clario
3. Trogdor
4. Hydra
5. Pogi
5. Ozzy
7. Pork (Bacon)
7. TIFF (JPeG)
9. Richie
9. Josh
9. Silvergunner09
9. Ivan209
13. Herp
13. Kinzer
13. Paul
13. Sam
17. Derp

Doubles (8 teams)
1. SK92 & Lycan
2. Xero & Twinx
3. Z & Hydra
4. Trog & Kinzer
5. Zombe & Pogi
5. BoA7 & ven
7. Sam & Paul
7. JPeG & Bacon

Monthly #11 - 2/18/2012
Brawl Singles:
A Bracket:
1: FOW (Meta Knight, Marth, Ness)
2: SK92 (Falco, Meta Knight, Wario)
3: Z (Pikachu)
4: Lycan (Wolf)
5: Kinzer (Sonic)
5: Twinx (Ness, Olimar, Ice Climbers)
7: Ven (Zelda)
7: Zombe (Donkey Kong)
B Bracket:
1: Hino (Falco, Marth)
2: Xero (Olimar)
3: Clario (Marth)
4: Trog (Luigi, Mario)
5: BoA7 (Peach)
5: Nul (Yoshi)
7: Sever (Marth, Link)
7: Oz (Snake)
9: Dusk (Meta Knight)
9: EXO (Lucario)
9: Sam (Marth, Ike)
9: Josh
13: Ivan209 (Yoshi, ROB)
13: Angel (Falco)
13: Secret (Sheik, Fox)
13: trahh (Marth)

Brawl Doubles:
1: Z + Fow
2: Lycan + Zombe
3: Hino + Trog
4: Ven + Boa
5: Clario + Ivan
5: Twinx + Xero
7: Sever + Sam

thats how i am in terms of placing. ive come close to beating zekey in a mm, didnt get ***** by mike haze in mm's. if that doesnt really get me in the top 5 ness spot,then i understand. ill just have to do well in E4U: Remix - N's Revenge
i think vice should still be ahead of me.
i should just be 4th
So I took a look at some of Twinx's results and compared them to mine, and here's generally what I found (A-Bracket implies pro bracket (i.e. making it out of pools) and B-Bracket implies amateur bracket (i.e. not making it out of pools):

Twinx's Results

Overall Placing: 5th/24
A-Bracket Placing: 5th/8
Characters Used: :nessbrawl: :olimarbrawl: :icsbrawl:

Overall Placing: 6th/14
B-Bracket Placing: 2nd/10
Characters Used: :nessbrawl:

Overall Placing: 27th/43
B-Bracket Placing: 5th/11
Characters Used: Unknown

Overall Placing: 4th/20
A-Bracket Placing: 4th/8
Characters Used: :nessbrawl: :icsbrawl:

Overall Placing: 4th/18
A-Bracket Placing: 4th/4
Characters Used: :nessbrawl: :metaknightbrawl:

Overall Placing: 26th/48
B-Bracket Placing: 1st/11
Characters Used: :nessbrawl:

Twinx has also had about 7 PR wins in the last 5-6 tournies (though I'm unsure with which characters all of these came about).

My own results

Now we usually don't run pools, and even when we do, there's no amateur bracket, so I'm just going to list my recent placings (thanks to V for the list). I use only Ness in tournies, no secondaries lol:

Overall Placing: 9th/26

Overall Placing: 9th/27

Overall Placing: 17th/37

Overall Placing: 13th/44

Overall Placing: 5th/16

Overall Placing: 9th/24

Overall Placing: 9th/39

I've had ~4 PR wins in the last 5-6 tournies (all Ness, like in tourney).

Looking at these stats, I typically place (on average) in the top 33.6% of my tournies and Twinx in the top 37.1% of his, but Twinx does have a few more PR wins (though I don't know how many were with Ness specifically). Also, looking at Twinx's results, the tournies where he placed better were the ones where he used secondaries, and there's nothing wrong with that, secondaries are a really good idea to have, but if someone's doing better because of their secondaries as opposed to purely their main, that should push them up on their region's PR (gratz on 6th btw Twinx, love seein :nessbrawl:s on the PR :)), but not on a top 5 character list as that doesn't show as much skill and dedication with that specific character.

That said, I defs think Twinx does deserve a top 5 spot, he's a really solid player with good results. Were it not for 3 of the 6 tournies he attended having secondary use and those being his better tournies, I would defs say put him above me at #4, but given everything I've looked at I'm really not sure whether #4 or #5 would be more appropriate. If I had to choose, I would say #5 given everything, but there could easily be things I'm missing or different opinions out there, so feel free to speak up if there are any problems as this is only my take on things ;)

Oh and in regards to Coney, we looked at him for Top 5 Ness, and the only thing holding him back is lack of tourney results/usage. He even admitted himself that he doesn't use Ness enough to justify being ranked, though he did state (and I personally agree) that he could probably be Top 5 if he used him more often.

Anyways, that's my two cents on the Ness list, and I honestly don't follow any other chars enough to have a justifiable opinion anywhere else lmao.

allshort17

Smash Ace
I don't think anyone was really debating if that Junebug should be fourth and I personally believe he needs to be second or third at least. Also, I don't think anyone want Zex to be completely taken off because he does still play. It also seems more people are in favor of Atomsk being above 4God or least above Zekey.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom