• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roller

Smash Legend
After this weekend, I am most definitely confident that I was correct in proclaiming MeekSpeedy a Top 3 :sonic:. The man is a pro.

KilLock moving up is def deserved. Neo moving to 5th tho? I don't think he should be moved down that far...

I still honestly believe ESAM should be on the DK list, possibly the samus one, but I haven't seen all the other samuses so I can't really say. Also, when the heck was the last time Ook did ANYTHING? Seriously. ESAM should be there...

For Lucario though... I'm sorry but Junebug being that low is an unfounded travesty.

Glad to see twinx getting recognition for ness.

Atomsk should without a doubt be above Zekey for DDD. Come on...

Toon Link list looks ok, a lot of them are very close, so not really sure.

EDIT: SHOUT OUTS TO MY BOY PATCHES MAKING IT ON FOR :gw:

The Iron Wolf

Smash Journeyman
Zekey should be 4th or 5th for DDD. He uses more Diddy from what I've seen as an outsider now anyway. I have no doubt in my mind that Atomsk and 4GOD are more deserving for 2nd and 3rd respectively.

As for Lucario, I haven't been paying attention to them at all aside from Trela, but the only reason I'd bring Junebug down due to inactivity would be after about another 3-4 months. I find it too soon to bump him down, and considering that he and Trela are almost even in terms of big time wins, you should keep him in the number 2 spot for now despite the recent inactivity. I'd just wait it out a bit more.

Dcold

Smash Lord
Minty has been to one tournament recently that he's entered singles in and used Marth as far as I know, beating Luigi-Sama, Smurf, and MikeKirby. I don't see how if Neo is inactive and he's on the list and Zex still uses Marth (according to a prior post I saw, can't be bothered to look for it at this time) and is booted off. Are we going by what we think, or what results show? I do think Minty deserves to be up there due to his skill but if we're going off of results it's the same case as some others. I'm confused as to how the list is working :X

Roller

Smash Legend
They are chill as hell. Had some good times. And Sauc3 definitely deserved at least 9th. He had to play one of our top players WAY too early in losers (zinoto) because he had an unexpected early loss. Same guy knocked me out early (7th), he wound up running through almost all of losers and getting 4th after losing round 1 winners. smh

Also. I agree with Dcold that there are some definite discrepancies in criteria for some of the characters when compared to the rest.

allshort17

Smash Ace
I want to say leave the TL list alone for right now because the 4 under MJG are very debatable and I feel like there needs to a breakout performance or more inactive from one or more of the player before you change it. However, I do see the logic in the list you chose and would be fine if you made it that.

Roller

Smash Legend
Player-3 ***** this weekend and got 2nd at a tourney, outplacing Player-1, who this thread insists is a top Diddy. Top 5 Marth? He's certainly more active than most.

Player-3

Smash Hero
then there are no top 5 marth

besides arch from nc is better at marth than me i'm only good at the didy matchup

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
What the hell counts as inactivity? Can there be an established rule about this that declares a player inactive so people aren't saying "Oh he's been pretty inactive lately" or "He is really inactive, hasnt done anything in x amount of months"

:phone:

R e d X

Smash Journeyman
BEFORE
gw: vinnie/penta/alph/utd/gimr
marth: mike/neo/kadaj/zex/killock
ics: vinnie/esam/lain/smoom/deluxy
lucar: trela/june/fonz/pitb/dd
ddd: coney/zek/4god/atomsk/co18
zss: riddle/salem/drn/dakpo/ybm
falco: dehf/shugo/sk92/bloodcross/kismet
rob: holy/tommy/stingers/kira/chibo
tl: mjg/kingtoon/kerm/jash/pj
dk: will/dgramp/cable/ripple/ook
ness: fow/shaky/vicegrip/redx/rockmix

AFTER
gw: vinnie/penta/alph/utd/patches
marth: mike/kadaj/killock/minty/neo
ics: vinnie/esam/smoom/delux/roller
lucar: trela/pibull/john12346/junebug/jamesG
ddd: coney/4god/zekey/atomsk/addy
zss: riddle/salem/drn/dakpo/ybm
falco: dehf/shugo/pelca/bloodcross/sk92
rob: holy/kiraflax/chibo/t0mmy/stingers
tl: mjg/jash/PJ/Kingtoon/Jerm
dk: will/nairo/cable/dgramps/ripple
ness: fow/shaky/vicegrip/twinx/Redx
Good **** to Patches, happy to see him finally make it, he placed REALLY well at SiD 6 and after having a look a some of the other top 5s, can see this being a justified placing. Nice job dude :)

Also can someone give me some other notable wins/stats for Twinx? The only posts in the "relevant posts" section for Ness were Twinx and myself, and looking at the stats and such I've posted kinda curious to know why he got 4th. If he's got some good wins/placing I don't know about or that I missed in this thread I'm totally cool with him taking 4th, just like to know lol. Regardless of what happens gratz to Twinx, he defs deserves Top 5 and I'm always happy to see Ness mains doing well! :D

EDIT: Also how closely was V115 considered for Top 5 zss? Really don't know anything about Ybm's placings nor how much this was previously discussed, but V's REALLY been putting in work recently, like iirc he gave Holy a good run for his money at SiD 6 and took Ally's Snake to game 3 (and a pretty close game 3 at that). But again I don't know much about zss mains, just vouching for him cause he's REALLY legit

Ripple

ᗣᗣᗣᗣ ᗧ·····•·····
I count as inactive because I quit playing this game. I don't know how many time I've said this. Take me off the list and put neon. I can still judge who's a good dk

Nike.

Smash Hero
Whoaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.
In what way did my post about Marth warrant a -3 for Neo and a removal of Zex altogether?
It didn't even spark any Marth conversation afterwards.

Dissagree with how that happened completely.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
No. You guys.

Inactivity makes a person drop on the list. Regardless of their inheritant skill level. If we know Neo is better than the other 3, but he hasn't shown it recently, then that's why he's below them. The rule is, if you were high to begin with, you don't immediately get bumped off for not being active for nearly a year, but you definitely get lowered significantly.

If Neon needs to be on the list due to Ripple's activity being less than that's fine. I haven't made these changes yet.

infinite might be put at 5. I want to challenge Y.b.M. to put his activity (or someone in support of him) in this thread as contention to either keep 5 or go further up. the other zss's competing for 5th I don't know much about atm.

EDIT: I'll make the activity rules more clear as soon as this update takes place later tonight once the discussion on these changes are done.

Aaven

Vagabond With Flowers ~
I should start going for a Top 5 spot for Ike rather than staying low-key.

Maybe now since I'm not so much of a poor sucker, and can actually afford to attend WHOBO and out-of-state tournaments again.

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
That's a terrible rule to follow. If you're going to knock then for being inactive, take them off completely.

infiniteV115

Smash Hero
infinite might be put at 5. I want to challenge Y.b.M. to put his activity (or someone in support of him) in this thread as contention to either keep 5 or go further up. the other zss's competing for 5th I don't know much about atm.
If you put me on the list, call me V115. I hate when people call me 'infinite', and I always enter as 'V115' at tournies anyway.
I should get premium.

Nike.

Smash Hero
While I agree with removing someone completely for inactivity, it's not just that. There was an inconsistency.
Why remove Zex?

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
However, you'd have to ask yourself if Neo and/or Zex deserve to be on the list.
I interpretted that as "both of these players' results are unknown or non existant as of late, therefore deserve either to be on the list or to be booted."

I choose a happy medium between the two, not to disrespect the players' skill or anything, but to avoid losing a player that was originally very good and put a lot of effort into their character.

I did this with Ally and falcon, I did this with Malcom and Wario, I did this with even Koolaid and Pit, but he stopped playing pretty much, so now he IS gone.

I don't see what the problem is with that and why you're having a problem now with it. From the looks of it, you guys don't even know where the hell Marths are anyways, so what does it matter?

Putting a player above another player is just that; a ranking based on activity and recent wins / results. It's not a general end-all-be-all arrangement of their skill in true values and if you think that's what this list is, then I don't know what to tell you.

(HINT!!! THIS ALL IN REGARDS TO WHY NEO (2nd) MOVED DOWN (5th) AND NOT COMPLETELY OFF, BUT ZEX GOT REMOVED (4th minus 3 places = no where on the list)

EDIT: If you guys want me to that badly since marths are blah atm, I'll just put both them two at 4th and 5th :/ Idrc either way... Marth needs more rep unsuprisingly for any of these lists to be taken seriously anyways.

Cassio

Smash Master
Its just annoying to see people who are top notch when active be placed below those who theyre clearly better than simply based on activity. I think most people prefer that if theyre going to be penalized for inactivity that they be removed rather than have to see the clear discrepancy.

This topic has been the biggest issue even when miles was in charge and why I got into one or two big arguments with him since I feel the same way about putting anther below anyone but ESAM (and same was true for pikpik for awhile too). Him and pikpik should probably both have never been on the list.

Sometimes picking the medium point isnt the happy middle ground.

C.J.

Smash Master
Mike/Kadaj/Killock/Zex/Nike

Zex is still, afaik, active and since MK is banned in norcal he is almost definitely using Marth. However, I admit that it's an assumption and not proof thus why I have him under Killock. NEO has quit the game and hasn't played since like... Apex. He should be taken off completely. Nike is the most active Marth after this and consistently does well vs top players in TX (taking games off of Gnes, Razer, and Espy) while going back and forth vs the other known TX players (Kprime, leaf, etc).

Cassio

Smash Master
Zex still plays for sure. What I dont for sure is how much Marth he uses as they run MK legal and banned, but from what Ive heard he still uses all marth even when legal unless hes up against Sean.

falln

Smash Ace
zex won a tourney in february - http://allisbrawl.com/event.aspx?id=11491

Winners' bracket
Bye
Defeated Soul Spender
Defeated Hitaku
Defeated Count
Defeated GREED <-- this is sky
Defeated GREED

Overall placing: 1/27
---
not sure what other tournies there were in norcal since then but ill ask sean when he gets on and find out. he is definitely not inactive though

C.J.

Smash Master
I don't understand why taking games off of someone should be even credited, they still
lost the set

Normally I'd agree. However Nike's not really up "against" anyone for the spot. Since it's to the point where it's just a blank spot waiting to be filled, taking games should be able to be used as an argument imo. If someone were to dispute my belief as to Nike being 5th while offering up another Marth as well, I would cease to count him taking individual games as instead just focus on the overall wins between the two. As there isn't anyone being offered up in contention yet, I see no problem in listing anything as a way to bring the person to the table for consideration.

Roller

Smash Legend
I agree with very inactive players just getting removed. Like Tag mentioned, thrzy being listed as 5th for pika is nothing short of a travesty.

Also, counting taking a single game is stupid. O, you took a game off Smoom on Brinstar? Top 5 peach for sure...

falln

Smash Ace
boaaaaaaa
i think palmdale is going to socal's next regional again (not sure but lee puff and teba sounded optimistic when talking to them) and if boa does very well again then he should be put on

Reizilla

The Old Lapras and the Sea
CJ's list has my blessing.

I also agree with falln. If boa wasn't just a one time thing, he'll be on soon.

C.J.

Smash Master
Boa as of right now I wouldn't say anything about. AFAIK he's only been to/done anything at the one tournament. Should Boa do well in the coming weeks I have to qualm about the list being:
Mike/Kadaj/Zex/Killock/Boa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom