• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Top 5 Brawl [ US | CAN | MEX]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Alright, if it's that much of a problem I'll be sure to take that into account.

Mike/Kadaj/Zex/Killock/Nike

Is this list by C.J good or no. Neo not being on but Zex being on makes sense since he actually has some tourney performance recently according to falln's post. That should be rewarded.

Dcold

Smash Lord
That's my whole problem with the list Krys, if you're going on skill of the player or results. To say "We know they're better, so they won't be taken off, just moved down" completely goes against the whole point of it being about your tournament wins. If I'm inactive I shouldn't be on a list of Top 5 Active [Insert Character] Mains, not just moved down to spot 4 because I am better than the others if I were active. Really just contradicts itself, recent wins have barely any weight if 2 good players of a character are inactive now taking away 2 spots from a character. Either go by activity, or skill, not a little of both. It'd clear a lot of the "mystery" behind the placings in my opinion.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
It makes sense. I won't argue against that.

My point of doing it (in the past at least) has been to encourage those players to work back into shape to grab top spots back, but still be on here so others know who to look up for videos and advice (if they are active enough to give said advice). They then get replaced/booted when there ARE players available to take spots.

But if you think it's best to remove them altogher when they're inactive past 6 months then that's fine. I just moved players down so they can BE salty that they're not the best and just start working hard.

Roller

Smash Legend
If Anther gets taken off the list for Pika due to inactivity, I propose Captain L moves into his spot. And if pikapika is also removed for the same reason, then I vote Syko_Lemming (aka lamb) or Brick be moved below him.

falln

Smash Ace
also zex beat polt and bloodcross at apex

while we're on the topic of norcal sky should be on for top 5 wario. the same tourney i linked he beat sean twice and only lost to zex twice and he also made bracket at apex and beat lain and domo

[FBC] ESAM

Smash Legend
I would agree with Sky as top 5 Wario.

I would also agree on Captain L as the 4th Pika if Anther/Pikapika are taken off, but I'm not sure whether or not to put Lamb or Brick as #5. I would say Lamb, but Brick is REALLY close to him as well.

On a semi-related note, Pikapika should be taken off anyway because he worse than Lamb/Brick...

Cassio

Smash Master
Dont think I agree with that last statement if he ever seriously entered a tournament, but regardless L and Lamb should be 4th and 5th based on recent activity.

Sky`

Smash Lord
I'm just throwing this out there.

I was the first Wario to display that I could do the CG (On all applicable characters) 100% consistently. I've even taught some warios on that list how to do it.

I also pride myself in knowing the MK MU Much better than most, if not all. And my only credential there would be beating M2K in a MM at Bio (The most recent one.) Now, Yes that's old, but it's still a feat. ( I also took Tyrant and Tearbear to last game that tournament.)

At Apex I didn't do much. I made it out of pools, beating Domo and Lain. In a MM I took Rain to last game, and every set I've played with DEHF I've taken him to last game.

I've got very wishy washy credentials, but It's more than what some of those players who are currently listed have.

~Firefly~

Smash Hero
From what I've seen from results from Nova Scotia lately, it seems as though Lamb has gotten better/more consistent in recent months. Brick felt better than Lamb the last time I played them, but I played Lamb in August and my most recent set with Brick was about a year ago, and I recall Brick telling me that he isn't taking Brawl as seriously as he used to. So at this point, I'd agree that L > Lamb > Brick is reasonable, though Brick could still make a case for 5th. (and I'm sure he would if he wanted to, lol)

:005:

Pikabunz

Smash Hero
NNID
Pikabunz
3DS FC
1134-8730-8374
Yeah, I agree with L and Lamb being on there. So it should be:

1. ESAM
2. Z
3. K Prime
4. Captain L
5. Lamb

Jem.

Smash Master
Brick doesn't even play Brawl anymore does he? Like, the whole pacific northwest quit Brawl. Which is why I'm confused that Felix isn't on there even though he's inactive. He's atleast 5th best diddy still. Is Lain active? o_o

Neon!

Smash Lord
I'll admit I dont have the best results, I'm just one of the only active DK mains in a hard region. The only recent accomplishment I can think of was beating Infern in a money match but he admitted he didnt know the matchup. The only thing I really have are a few semi-impressive matches and the support (hopefully) of the TX scene.

Nike.

Smash Hero
It's really flattering to see people considering me a top5 Marth, but idk if I deserve to be on it.
Mintyflesh at least attends when he can, and he's on a whole level above me.
Taking games off top10 players in TX is nice and all, but it's just single games in the end.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Apex was less than 3 months ago. Does Neo not playing in 3 months mean he is inactive? Also there has only been like one event in Md/Va after Apex so it's not like it's his fault for being inactive and no one should say that he "quit" because of this. He beat Dabuz in december at xanadu right before Apex. I don't agree with him being taken off the list due to unless those other Marths have better wins. There really needs to be an activity rule if you're booting someone off for activity.

Ruinn

Smash Ace
I'll admit I dont have the best results, I'm just one of the only active DK mains in a hard region. The only recent accomplishment I can think of was beating Infern in a money match but he admitted he didnt know the matchup. The only thing I really have are a few semi-impressive matches and the support (hopefully) of the TX scene.
I know Canada's a hell of a journy from texas, but if you can, come out to impulse, im sure if you placed well there you'd get definite top 5 easily

allshort17

Smash Ace
If Md/VA has only had one tournament since Apex, doesn't everyone from there on the list need to be moved down? I'm not trying to be smart, but it shows that there is too much emphases on inactivity and not talent. The list is suppose to represent the best in the current metagame. Three months ago is still pretty current and isn't really warrant for a drop. If you do move people for not play then I believe at least %25 of the list will be gone and then to fill the spots, people will be put who have nowhere as much skill or achievements as the people who were above them. Thus, the lists loose much of it's creditability because they aren't showing the best, just the most active.

I feel like 6 months of inactivity is good for a drop and 1 year is good for a complete let go as long as they have the good enough wins. If there wins are meh then you can just take them off after 6 months.

Dcold

Smash Lord
If you don't go to tournaments, are you currently the best is what the real question is. If it's about talent then don't use activity then period. It's one or the other lol. I don't care which one it is, as long as it's congruent with the rest of the list. But if it were up to me, I do think it should be activity + results (including who you beat) rather than "We know _____ is dabess". It's a current list, not an all time list, right?

allshort17

Smash Ace
I understand that, however we're moving people to low spots who have obviously have better wins over the people below them just because they haven't played for a few months. Just because someone hasn't played for 3 to 4 months doesn't mean there previous wins aren't current enough to still be accounted for and that doesn't mean the people below them should move up when they haven't done anything notable.

Neon!

Smash Lord
I know Canada's a hell of a journy from texas, but if you can, come out to impulse, im sure if you played* well there you'd get definite top 5 easily
Fixed*

Also I'd love to but I never travel out of state, I'll most likely be at Whobo 4 in houston though which is the next national im attending.

Roller

Smash Legend
@short: They are playing the game, as opposed to others who are not. I'd say that is worthy of note...

But I do think it should be closer to 6 months without significant wins with the character before they get bumped. And I share the opinion of the people in here who have advocated removing inactive players altogether, instead of just bumping them down a few spots.

Dcold

Smash Lord
@short: They are playing the game, as opposed to others who are not. I'd say that is worthy of note...

But I do think it should be closer to 6 months without significant wins with the character before they get bumped. And I share the opinion of the people in here who have advocated removing inactive players altogether, instead of just bumping them down a few spots.
Agreed pretty much

Zigsta

Disney Film Director
NNID
Zigsta
3DS FC
1547-5526-6811
KingKong quit Brawl a while back and hasn't entered anything in a long time.

Zigsta the best.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom